MERGE TEST THREAD 2

MERGE TEST THREAD 2

Postby Weezy on Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:27 pm

I'm not sold yet, the Knicks always find a way to start sucking in time. They look good, they've added vets, they play defense now, Mike Woodson is doing a good job coaching the team, but 6 games is too small. Just like the Lakers are not truly a crappy team because we're 3-5, it's too early for final impressions. I too wonder what will happen when Amare returns, what will happen when injuries due to age start to occur, it's a long season, too early for me to say they're legit.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Re: Are The Knicks For Real?

Postby pound4pound1 on Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:01 pm

ask me in February/March...
Jerry Buss wrote:One of the biggest reasons I bought the Lakers was to beat the Celtics …..you just got it into your soul that you couldn't stand the Celtics anymore
pound4pound1

Postby therealdeal on Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:47 pm

Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby FabFourLakers on Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:32 pm

Absolutely and I've been saying it since before the season began. They will be a top 4 team in the East this year. They came in with the right attitude, Melo is in shape, JR is finally getting it, and they have solid vets who will contribute. Ray Felton is also revived like I thought he would be contrary to everyone saying he's gonna be fat and out of shape this year....he wouldn't let an opportunity in NY go to waste, he loved it there the first time. Love everything im seeing from the Knicks, on both ends. They need to seriously consider bringing Amare off the bench. Melo is TOO good at the 4, and they are in a groove right now. I'm sure Woodson is going to figure it out though. He's a smart coach and he's getting the best out of his players right now.
FabFourLakers

Postby FabFourLakers on Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:37 pm

They also have a young player named IMAN SHUMPERT who won't be back til January. They will only get better and deeper as the season wears on. Injuries are going to happen but theyre deep enough to win in spite of those injuries. This is why I liked them from the start...just a very deep team and didn't spend that much money to put this team together either. They basically rebuilt themselves from that Carmelo trade....they got felton back at a cheaper rate, Melo obvioulsy is better than Gallo, Kidd is their Billups, Ty Chandler >>>> Mozgov and they also have Camby who is still just as effective as Mozgov, and they have JR/Brewer/Shumpert who can fill the role of Wilson Chandler. They actually got DEEPER than the 2010 team that had felton gallo wc amare. Really like what they've done with the roster and I think adding another ball handling guard like Kidd really helped their ball movement on offense. Also, prigioni is poor man's Manu Ginobili which is actually a compliment. Keep doubting the Knicks my friends....I will bet anyone here $100 they finish in the Top 4 this year. PM me if interested and we'll find a way to set it up. I'm already betting my friend who is a NETS fan that the Knicks will finish with a better record and my CLIPPERS fan friend the same "Top 4" bet. Trying to double up on my earnings here!
FabFourLakers

Postby kenzo on Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:40 pm

NO. Wait for Stat to come back and eff it all up. They should consider bringing him of the bench, no joke.
kenzo

Postby Finwë on Fri Nov 16, 2012 4:52 pm

They are "for real", if that means that they are a good team that could contend for a title.
The effect of the eventual Amare return is a big questionmark though.
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
Finwë

Postby gill on Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:43 pm

gill

Postby Congo Cash on Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:53 pm

Yeah, until that turd named Amare Stoudemire comes back and ruin everything, just watch...
- insert signature here -
Congo Cash

Postby thkthebest on Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:18 pm

Well, they went 18-6 with Mike Woodson last season and only got better since then. I still don't see them making the Finals though. Lol.
My signature
thkthebest

Postby karacha on Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:28 pm

Just wait for the playoffs. They will find a way to lose.

Hope I'm wrong, because I would like to see LAL vs NYK finals. :man9:

Of course, we have to prove we're not really the second worst team in the West first. A minor issue.
"It's not realistic to get younger and better when you only have the veteran's minimum to offer free agents." :mhihi:

-Troll Kupchak
karacha
CL Global Moderator

Postby ramsay13 on Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:34 pm

they might be. right now they are the best team.
ramsay13

Postby lakersyunowin on Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:56 pm

ramsay13 wrote:they might be. right now they are the best team.

memphis says no.
the artist formerly known as fklukewalton, fksteveblake, and fkmikebrown
lakersyunowin

Postby FabFourLakers on Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:14 pm

fkmikebrown wrote:
ramsay13 wrote:they might be. right now they are the best team.

memphis says no.

Second night of a tough back to back on the road in San Antonio and Memphis....I had them losing tonight. They are still impressive and missing 2 key players still...remains to be seen how Amare will fit in when he's back...but i like that dude Shumpert a lot...he will help this "old" team a lot with his defense and athleticism. Perfect player for mike woodson if u ask me.
FabFourLakers

Postby wcsoldier81 on Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:15 am

They may win a playoffs series this season ...they will come back to earth once they cool off from 3 and Amare come back though
wcsoldier81

Postby wcsoldier81 on Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:26 am

FabFourLakers wrote: Also, prigioni is poor man's Manu Ginobili which is actually a compliment.

Their games have nothing in common :man3:
wcsoldier81

Postby strikemode14 on Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:49 am

I think the knicks will be a top 4 team in the east...I can even see them in ECF depending when they play Miami. In the end though they aren't getting out of the east.
Strikemode14 is the greatest.

http://gprime.net/flash.php/postingandyou

]
strikemode14
Forum Manager

Postby FabFourLakers on Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:07 pm

wcsoldier81 wrote:
FabFourLakers wrote: Also, prigioni is poor man's Manu Ginobili which is actually a compliment.

Their games have nothing in common :man3:

Umm actually their playmaking is eerily similar. They play a very herky jerky style...and prigioni is pretty smart with the ball.
FabFourLakers

Postby nameant on Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:22 pm

"For real"....like....are they legit title contenders? :man10:
nameant

Postby khmrP on Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:36 pm

depends, losing to Mem they shot horribly from 3's, this is a staple of their wins they are shooting a ridiculous % from there right now. They have alot of 3pt threats from the avg. in Kidd/Felton to the extremem good when hot in Novak/Smith. If they can win game consistently w/o having great 3pt shooting nights they I would say they could be a real threat to Mia. I know they already beat Mia but Melo and the rest of the crew were shooting lights out from 3 as well during that game.
khmrP

Postby FabFourLakers on Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:54 am

Disclaimer: WHen I say they are forreal, I mean they're a top 4 team in the East. As far as them coming OUT of the East? Not happening.
FabFourLakers

Postby Lakerjones on Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:01 am

FabFourLakers wrote:Disclaimer: WHen I say they are forreal, I mean they're a top 4 team in the East. As far as them coming OUT of the East? Not happening.

^^ +1 on that. I think they're better and will be top 3 in the East. But I don't see them beating Those Guys or the CHEAT.
Lakerjones
CL Global Moderator

Postby dj vitus on Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:39 pm

The Knicks always had the talent. Melo never fit in D'Antoni's offense, just like how our guys never fit in Brown's offense. They lost a bunch of games with Melo, then won a bunch while he was out injured, then lost a bunch when he came back.

I don't blame Stat as much as most people do. Melo is the star and the game changer, so they live and die with him a lot of games.

Maybe they're blooming too early, so who knows. But with Bynum, Granger and Rose out, and Boston getting blown out by Toronto and Detroit ( :man10: ), it's not far-fetched to see NY as a top 4 team.
Last edited by dj vitus on Tue Nov 20, 2012 3:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Why are they blocking out all the good stuff? They let Sarah Jessica Parker's face on TV and she looks like a foot!!"
dj vitus

Postby gill on Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:40 pm

:disagree: :disagree: :disagree:
gill

Return to NBA Discussion