Miami should trade EJ for Shareef!

Miami should trade EJ for Shareef!

Postby FabFourLakers on Tue Aug 26, 2003 5:32 pm

Ok this trade can actually work out:

Eddie Jones($12,320,000)

Shareef Abdur Rahim($13,500,000)

But heres why it would work out....accordin to NBA insider..there was an article that Shareef is on tha market! Or that alot of teams are after him! he would be a great fit for the Heat, jus look at their lineup if they trade Jones:

Grant
Abdur-Rahim
Butler
Odom
Wade

That is NOT bad! And since the Hawks are "rebuilding", they could use Eddie Jones i guess?

I dunno lemme know what u guys think of this trade! It could happen if Pat Riley thinks straight!

any other possible trades for EJ?
FabFourLakers

Postby Roscoe on Tue Aug 26, 2003 5:36 pm

If the Hawks are rebuilding then why would they take Eddie's contract? It's longer than Reef's...

"Injustice anywhere is injustice everywhere." - Martin Luther King Jr.
Roscoe
ClubLakers O.G.

Postby SWOL on Tue Aug 26, 2003 5:38 pm

who knows what the Fok the Hawks are doin......that would be a helluva trade for tha heat....they gotta do somethin, they have too many players that play the same position...... Caron, Eddie, Lamar and D Wade

big man makes sense
SWOL
Separated at Birth: Ron Artest

Postby Roscoe on Tue Aug 26, 2003 5:44 pm

I got an idea for a trade for Eddie:

Miami trades: SG Eddie Jones (18.5 ppg, 4.8 rpg, 3.7 apg in 38.1 minutes)
Miami receives: PG Moochie Norris (4.3 ppg, 1.9 rpg, 2.4 apg in 16.8 minutes)
SF Glen Rice (9.0 ppg, 2.5 rpg, 1.1 apg in 24.7 minutes)
Change in team outlook: -5.2 ppg, -0.4 rpg, and -0.2 apg.

Houston trades: PG Moochie Norris (4.3 ppg, 1.9 rpg, 2.4 apg in 16.8 minutes)
Houston receives: SG Eddie Jones (18.5 ppg, 4.8 rpg, 3.7 apg in 47 games)
Change in team outlook: +5.2 ppg, +0.4 rpg, and +0.2 apg.

TRADE ACCEPTED

The Heat trade Eddie for Glen Rice whose big [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] contract comes off the books next year, which allows them to make a run for a big name free agent. Moochie Norris gives them some strength off the bench. This is basically a move for the future.

Roscoe
ClubLakers O.G.

Postby FabFourLakers on Tue Aug 26, 2003 5:52 pm

Roscoe wrote:I got an idea for a trade for Eddie:

Miami trades: SG Eddie Jones (18.5 ppg, 4.8 rpg, 3.7 apg in 38.1 minutes)
Miami receives: PG Moochie Norris (4.3 ppg, 1.9 rpg, 2.4 apg in 16.8 minutes)
Change in team outlook: -5.2 ppg, -0.4 rpg, and -0.2 apg.

Houston trades: PG Moochie Norris (4.3 ppg, 1.9 rpg, 2.4 apg in 16.8 minutes)
Houston receives: SG Eddie Jones (18.5 ppg, 4.8 rpg, 3.7 apg in 47 games)
Change in team outlook: +5.2 ppg, +0.4 rpg, and +0.2 apg.

TRADE ACCEPTED

The Heat trade Eddie for Glen Rice whose big [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] contract comes off the books next year, which allows them to make a run for a big name free agent. Moochie Norris gives them some strength off the bench. This is basically a move for the future.

But then Eddie would hafta play tha 3 in Houston cuz cuttino already plays the 2! But the trade definetly makes sense

but roscoe has a point, maybe tha hawks can trade Eddie next season or soemthin...i dunno it would benefit tha heat more than tha hawks cuz tha hawks are lookin to trade shareef!
FabFourLakers

Postby FabFourLakers on Tue Aug 26, 2003 6:07 pm

actually tha trade to houston could work...but with different players:

Maurice Taylor ($7,800,000)
Cuttino Mobley($5,394,125)

for

Eddie Jones($12,320,000)

salaries work...the Heat get a big man in Maurice Taylor and a potential 2 guard in Mobley who can take tha pressure off of Wade when hes havin his rookie troubles...

But i doubt this trade would happen cuz Francis wont let Houston trade his best friend for Eddie Jones...but hey Eddie would be a solid SG for the Rockets! I mean with Francis Jones and yao...who knows what can happen!
FabFourLakers

Postby Roscoe on Tue Aug 26, 2003 6:09 pm

My trade with Houston was meant to create cap space to make a run for someone like Kevin Garnett or Rasheed Wallace. I really don't think the Heat can get any good big man in return for Eddie, his contract is just too big and long...

Roscoe
ClubLakers O.G.

Postby Guest on Tue Aug 26, 2003 6:12 pm

FabFourLakers wrote:actually tha trade to houston could work...but with different players:

for

Eddie Jones($12,320,000)

salaries work...the Heat get a big man in Maurice Taylor and a potential 2 guard in Mobley who can take tha pressure off of Wade when hes havin his rookie troubles...

But i doubt this trade would happen cuz Francis wont let Houston trade his best friend for Eddie Jones...but hey Eddie would be a solid SG for the Rockets! I mean with Francis Jones and yao...who knows what can happen!

I'm sorry, but personally I don't like that trade at all...Cuttino Mobley is already worth an Eddie Jones, Maurice Taylor is also a growing young star. Two good guys for one old man ain't good. The Heat just overpayed Eddie with that fat contract, which was retarded. Not a good trade. Eddie Jones for Moochie Norris, Glen Rice, and one other guy (Bostjan Nachbar) may work out though.

Postby FabFourLakers on Tue Aug 26, 2003 6:12 pm

Roscoe wrote:My trade with Houston was meant to create cap space to make a run for someone like Kevin Garnett or Rasheed Wallace. I really don't think the Heat can get any good big man in return for Eddie, his contract is just too big and long...

but do u think Miami can attract big men like wallace and garnett next summer?

i didnt think so either...
FabFourLakers

Postby SWOL on Tue Aug 26, 2003 6:27 pm

Anonymous wrote:
FabFourLakers wrote:actually tha trade to houston could work...but with different players:

for

Eddie Jones($12,320,000)

I'm sorry, but personally I don't like that trade at all...Cuttino Mobley is already worth an Eddie Jones, Maurice Taylor is also a growing young star. Two good guys for one old man ain't good. The Heat just overpayed Eddie with that fat contract, which was retarded. Not a good trade. Eddie Jones for Moochie Norris, Glen Rice, and one other guy (Bostjan Nachbar) may work out though.

MO TAYLOR IS NOT YOUNG, AND THE ONLY PLACE HE IS GROWNING :disagree: IS AROUND HIS WAISTE, HE IS A ONE YEAR HAS BEEN
SWOL
Separated at Birth: Ron Artest

Postby Roscoe on Tue Aug 26, 2003 6:31 pm

FabFourLakers wrote:
Roscoe wrote:My trade with Houston was meant to create cap space to make a run for someone like Kevin Garnett or Rasheed Wallace. I really don't think the Heat can get any good big man in return for Eddie, his contract is just too big and long...

but do u think Miami can attract big men like wallace and garnett next summer?

i didnt think so either...

Oh you didn't, why not?

They have a great collection of young talent with Odom, Butler, Wade, plus they are gonna have a high lottery pick next year, and loads of cash. And who the hell wouldn't want to live in Miami, the weather is great, there is beach, bumpin clubs, etc. Miami would be a great destination for someone like Rasheed Wallace or KG...

Roscoe
ClubLakers O.G.

Postby rydjorker121 on Tue Aug 26, 2003 7:52 pm

The Heat do have talent, it just went by unnoticed because they didn't have a big offseason this year. Losing all your former point guards (Travis Best, Anthony Carter, Mike James, Eddie House) must really damage the outlook of their team, and now they're stuck w/out no point guard. I think that they won't crack the top 10 in the east at all, even with the duo of Wade-Jones-Butler.
rydjorker121
Draft/Trade Rumor Staff

Postby Roscoe on Tue Aug 26, 2003 9:05 pm

Yo Fab think of it this way, if you were a young free agent like KG or Rasheed and Miami was offering you 15-20 million dollars a year, would you take it?

Roscoe
ClubLakers O.G.

Postby Roscoe on Wed Aug 27, 2003 11:39 am

A trade I have seen is Eddie going to the Grizzlies for Wesley Person and Stromile Swift. But its most likely Eddie won't be traded...

Roscoe
ClubLakers O.G.

Return to NBA Discussion