Al Michaels to Become Lead Broadcaster of NBA on ABC

Al Michaels to Become Lead Broadcaster of NBA on ABC

Postby BDG on Tue Sep 23, 2003 1:42 pm

Michaels Will Join ABC's NBA Broadcasts

Al Michaels, the voice of ABC's Monday Night Football since 1986, will be the lead announcer for the network's NBA coverage. In addition to regular-season games, Michaels will be lead play-by-play announcer for the playoffs and NBA Finals. His first game will be Christmas Day. Hall of Fame player Bill Walton and announcer Brad Nessler were the lead NBA broadcast team on ABC and ESPN last season. ABC said Nessler will work with Michaels on ABC this season and also will be ESPN's lead play-by-play commentator for the regular season and playoffs. ABC didn't specify what Walton's role will be this season

http://www.azcentral.com/arizonarepublic/sports/articles/0923sptbriefs0923.html

That's good news. I've liked Michaels doing the NFL, and we will see if he can live up to his reputation when he starts coverage of the NBA.
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
BDG
Retired Admin

Postby Guest on Tue Sep 23, 2003 4:01 pm

I read today that ABC fired Brad Nessler and Walton and Tolbert are competing for the lead spot.

I'll go find the link if anyone wants it.

Postby FabFourLakers on Tue Sep 23, 2003 5:06 pm

Posto wrote:I read today that ABC fired Brad Nessler and Walton and Tolbert are competing for the lead spot.

I'll go find the link if anyone wants it.

fire tolbert i hate that guy he bags on all tha lakers and superstars like he was EVER one he was a frickin bench warmer on tha golden state warriors and he has teh AUDACITY to rag on guys like kobe shaq kg iverson and tmac? GET A LIFE TOM!
FabFourLakers

Postby Guest on Tue Sep 23, 2003 5:29 pm

Like I said, he hates the Lakers so much they can be playing the Nuggets and Tolbert will take the Nuggets.

He's an idiot and he just goes with what he has heard, so if he hears in the news that Shaq is tired then he will go on and say the Lakers will lose because Shaq is tired. He knows nothing about basketball, he reads a damn teliprompter and a piece of paper for everything he says.

I hate him I hope he gets fired aswell..

Postby SWOL on Tue Sep 23, 2003 6:19 pm

:jam2:
SWOL
Separated at Birth: Ron Artest

Postby Kobe834 on Tue Sep 23, 2003 9:34 pm

oh well, as long as its not bill Walton. He was borin as hell. II dont know what ABC was thinkin :man7:
Kobe834

Postby Andrew Evenstar on Wed Oct 01, 2003 12:22 pm

walton can be funny/cool, i hate tolbert, he is [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.].
[The Will To Act] | [My Music Blog]

Born a Laker fan.
Andrew Evenstar

Postby smilez on Wed Oct 01, 2003 2:11 pm

I would much rather hear Jordan, than watch him play. I think he could still play but hes to old. He was a great player at his time but not no more. I think he should become a coach and teach younger players how to be a good payer :jam2:
smilez

Return to NBA Discussion