Mike Bibby shouldnt be on US Olympic Team!!

Postby FabFourLakers on Sun Aug 24, 2003 10:43 pm

rydjorker121 wrote:
FabFourLakers wrote:U kings fans AMUSE me. Seriously! Bibby, one of the top 5 PGs in the NBA! LMAO!!! Bibby hasnt proven [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.]! Jus look at his season avg! swolswol said it right, BOBBY JACKSON is better than bibby! He avg like 20ppg when bibby wasnt there and sacramento was BETTER without bibby! Im jus sayin bibby is WAY overrated, he had ONE good playoff series and suddenly he is a "superstar" in sacramento!! He hasnt even been an ALL STAR yet!!! How was he chosen to the olympic team if guys like Baron Francis Payton and Marbury have all been proven all stars? The NBA selection committee needs to get their hands out of their [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] and pick some REAL point guards who are NOT overrated like Bibby!!

KTR, the kings were the best team the last 2 years? Oh i thot the Lakers and Spurs won the last 2 championships? Right? Hmm i musta been wrong? Lemme check to see if the Kings won...well...looks like they got "cheated" 2 years in a row!!! You know, stop ur [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.]', as some fellow laker fans have already stated, GET OVER IT! U LOST! WE dont complain about the spurs beating us, cuz we accept the fact that we got beat by the better team! Charles Barkley put it best: "the Spurs were just better this year than the lakers" and that is a fact they WERE, the lakers werent motivated and slacked off and we deserved not to win it last year, and when Horry misses a game winning three, u KNOW its not ur year! Its ok cuz we know we have a great chance of winning it this year, and we've gotten over last year's loss cuz we already won 3 in a row!

Look, Bibby is GOOD, but not good enuff to be on the olympic team or any other all star team. And how many assists did bibby avg last year? You guys say he is a great passer...he avg like what 5 assists? I dont even care cuz Bobby Jackson is way better than Bibby.

KTR u say that LD knows nothing about the NBA...it looks like u need to get ur NBA facts straight before u start talkin bout how the kings were the best team tha last 2 years! HA i neearly fell outta my chair when i read that! Go to the KingsFans board where u will ACTUALLY be accepted!

Precisely my point. The only reason why everyone thinks that Bibby's good is because of the King's style of playing. They run-and-gun, all point guards ought to know how to score and pass in transition. Obviously Biby got more exposure due to Webber's passing skills. Now, I compliment Webber on that, but not Bibby. He won't cut the top five of PGs list, and surely there are many good point guards, like Kidd to Francis to Payton to Nash to Cassell. Hell, if Fisher were on the Kings, then he would jam up all these assists too. He'd also have less turnovers and more points since he's good at them pull-up J's. Bibby's only got more influence playing with expertee passers like C-Webb, Divac and Doug Christie. That totally affects the way the point guard plays. In Bibby's case, he just gets the advantage since he's playing in a very good passing team. The Laker's triangle offense had guys passing in sets and wasting the shot clock so various guys get assists. That's why Fisher hardly has any. If he was playing run-and-gun, where the point guard is exposed more of the ball, Fisher would jounce 5 assists a game. Bibby only gets 5 playing run-and-gun, that doesn't quallify to a top legit PG. :man4:

once again a great point. Does anybody remember what bibby did in vancouver? NOTHING. He had NO exposure there, and he was jus as good as he was on the grizzlies as he is on the kings! The only difference is he finally gets to the playoffs and he does GOOD, but when u elevate ur game during the playoffs, u are expected to elevate ur game next season, much like Kobe did in the 2000 playoffs against the pacers, and then he exploded the following year avg almost 30 ppg, and then he stayed that way the next couple of years. Why didnt bibby explode? Of course he was injured til december, which might have delayed his success, but did he ever find his niche durin the season? he didnt really have any impact games last year. Bibby is NOT an impact PG like marbury baron or francis and never will be. The day he leaves SAC is the day he becomes a nobody again! NUFF SAID
FabFourLakers

Postby zetaw00d on Sun Aug 24, 2003 11:23 pm

Bibby is not one of the top 5 PGs in the league(he is close), but he works well with the system in Sac town.. I have been watching the USA play on pay per view and Bibby is doin well. I think he was picked because they needed a point guard that is role player.
zetaw00d

Postby FabFourLakers on Sun Aug 24, 2003 11:48 pm

zetaw00d wrote:Bibby is not one of the top 5 PGs in the league(he is close), but he works well with the system in Sac town.. I have been watching the USA play on pay per view and Bibby is doin well. I think he was picked because they needed a point guard that is role player.

haha i knew that was comin...i knew any minute someone would say that...i mean i KNOW thats why bibby was chosen...but i still hate his guts cuz they are talkin bout how he is doin really good and stuff...and that he has a GUARANTEED spot on next years 2004 olympic team! thats BS! Marbury deserves a shot! He has paid his dues in the NBA and has been in it much longer than frickin bibby!!
FabFourLakers

Postby zetaw00d on Mon Aug 25, 2003 1:43 am

FabFourLakers wrote:haha i knew that was comin...i knew any minute someone would say that...i mean i KNOW thats why bibby was chosen...but i still hate his guts cuz they are talkin bout how he is doin really good and stuff...and that he has a GUARANTEED spot on next years 2004 olympic team! thats BS! Marbury deserves a shot! He has paid his dues in the NBA and has been in it much longer than frickin bibby!!

Hey man,.. I hate his guts too!! He talks too much [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] and he still thinks that they were robbed 2 years ago!!! I would rather have Marbury or Baron Davis or Francis, but watching Bibby play with Team USA he is a much better fit then those 3. They should just take out Collison or Jefferson.
zetaw00d

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Mon Aug 25, 2003 1:59 am

Just because Bibby played for the Kings in the 02 season when we defeated them, it's all about him. Notice how all the media was focused on him with the Kings' system, and he never got that kinda recognition up in Vancover. Sure he fits the Kings system well and all, but that alone shouldn't determine a spot on the Olymipic team. Players like Marbury and Francis need a chance. Just because their teams didn't make it as far as the Kings did, doesn't make them that less of a PG.
LakersGyrl2003

Postby zetaw00d on Mon Aug 25, 2003 11:06 am

LakersGyrl2003 wrote:Just because Bibby played for the Kings in the 02 season when we defeated them, it's all about him. Notice how all the media was focused on him with the Kings' system, and he never got that kinda recognition up in Vancover. Sure he fits the Kings system well and all, but that alone shouldn't determine a spot on the Olymipic team. Players like Marbury and Francis need a chance. Just because their teams didn't make it as far as the Kings did, doesn't make them that less of a PG.

Bibby is working well with the USA squad. I dont like him but after watching him play with JKidd and T-Mac, it seems to work out. The USA team needed a point guard that fits their system and not the other way around. They dont need a scoring pg like Marbury or Francis. If you watch any of the games, thats how they have been playing and it works!!!
zetaw00d

Postby rydjorker121 on Mon Aug 25, 2003 11:08 am

I think we all get the point that Bibby doesn't and shouldn't belong in Team USA. One of you moderators should lock this topic once and for all :man7:
rydjorker121
Draft/Trade Rumor Staff

Postby JSM on Mon Aug 25, 2003 11:20 am

How can they chose Bibby when there are guys out there like: Francis, Mabury, Payton, Davis, Arenas, and Terry who were not on the team and are better than Bibby.
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Postby zetaw00d on Mon Aug 25, 2003 7:03 pm

No one gets the point.... The USA squad picked Bibby for a reason!!!
zetaw00d

Postby JSM on Mon Aug 25, 2003 7:07 pm

yeah we do, because he is a unselfish back up pg who will pass, but so would GP, so I still don't see the reason in picking an overrated pg, who plays for the kings
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Postby zetaw00d on Mon Aug 25, 2003 7:10 pm

jsm0331 wrote:yeah we do, because he is a unselfish back up pg who will pass, but so would GP, so I still don't see the reason in picking an overrated pg, who plays for the kings

I dont know if you guys have been watching the games, but i am!! USA Plays Canada soon at 7PM PST. Bibby has played real well. This is coming from someone that really hates his guts. I think bibby is a little [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] but he is playing well right now with the USA squad!!
zetaw00d

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Mon Aug 25, 2003 11:48 pm

Well if u say that Marbury is just a scoring PG, then think again... Any players would change or alter their game to win. This is the USA team we're talkin about. I seen Marbury do a lot in this league and he's a great under rated player. Sure Bibby may be doin well, but I'm sure the a player like Marbury would have a better advantage.
LakersGyrl2003

Postby STFU on Tue Aug 26, 2003 12:43 am

THE REASON WHY THEY DIDN'T PICK MARBURY IS BECAUSE HE IS CONSIDERED AN UGLY AMERICAN.....JUST LIKE AI WAS...... :man12:
STFU

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Tue Aug 26, 2003 12:49 am

There aint no need to go there. Sure that's ur opinion on their physical appearance, but don't judge their game for what u "see" them as. They're both great players... If anything Bibby's more uglier than AI and Marbury.
LakersGyrl2003

Postby STFU on Tue Aug 26, 2003 12:58 am

:man4: WHOA,WHOA,WHOA, I'M NOT SAYING I THINK THAT HE'S AN UGLY AMERICAN.......I'M TELLING YOU WHAT THE OLYMPIC COMMITTEE THINKS........THEY SAID THAT'S WHY THEY WEREN'T GONNA PUT IVERSON ON THE TEAM BACK WHEN THEY WERE PICKING PLAYERS.....
STFU

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Tue Aug 26, 2003 1:04 am

So ur sayin that the reason why players get placed on the USA team is cuz the assotiation thinks their good lookin? Like Duncan??? Hell nah... I'm sure they dont pick players to represent our country based on looks... So don't come here with that ish... :man10:
LakersGyrl2003

Postby FabFourLakers on Tue Aug 26, 2003 1:32 am

STFU wrote::man4: WHOA,WHOA,WHOA, I'M NOT SAYING I THINK THAT HE'S AN UGLY AMERICAN.......I'M TELLING YOU WHAT THE OLYMPIC COMMITTEE THINKS........THEY SAID THAT'S WHY THEY WEREN'T GONNA PUT IVERSON ON THE TEAM BACK WHEN THEY WERE PICKING PLAYERS.....

wow ur [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] stupid

if looks mattered duncan bibby and tmac wouldnt be on tha team!!!

its all about skill FOOL

marbury shoudl DEFINETLY be on tha Olympic Team!
FabFourLakers

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Tue Aug 26, 2003 1:34 am

Thank you.... :jam2:
LakersGyrl2003

Postby zetaw00d on Tue Aug 26, 2003 1:52 am

LakersGyrl2003 wrote:Well if u say that Marbury is just a scoring PG, then think again... Any players would change or alter their game to win. This is the USA team we're talkin about. I seen Marbury do a lot in this league and he's a great under rated player. Sure Bibby may be doin well, but I'm sure the a player like Marbury would have a better advantage.

Marbury is good, but he just got it goin last year. Remember when JKidd left the Suns and Marbury went to the suns, they didnt do so well and NJ (i think made the playoffs) did well. Bibby is your typical point guard and has the same style as JKidd, but not as good as JKidd(Bibby has a better jumper then Kidd). Marbury on the other hand is more like AI both are pure scorers, but are both now starting to use their teammates. Plus they are both getting older and wiser. I do think that Marbury is underrated. He is one of the top PGs in the league. With a line up like Duncan, McGrady, J. O'neal and VC, what kind of point would you like to have? One that shoots first or passes first.. From a coaches stand point!!
zetaw00d

Postby FabFourLakers on Tue Aug 26, 2003 2:08 am

zetaw00d wrote:
LakersGyrl2003 wrote:Well if u say that Marbury is just a scoring PG, then think again... Any players would change or alter their game to win. This is the USA team we're talkin about. I seen Marbury do a lot in this league and he's a great under rated player. Sure Bibby may be doin well, but I'm sure the a player like Marbury would have a better advantage.

Marbury is good, but he just got it goin last year. Remember when JKidd left the Suns and Marbury went to the suns, they didnt do so well and NJ (i think made the playoffs) did well. Bibby is your typical point guard and has the same style as JKidd, but not as good as JKidd(Bibby has a better jumper then Kidd). Marbury on the other hand is more like AI both are pure scorers, but are both now starting to use their teammates. Plus they are both getting older and wiser. I do think that Marbury is underrated. He is one of the top PGs in the league. With a line up like Duncan, McGrady, J. O'neal and VC, what kind of point would you like to have? One that shoots first or passes first.. From a coaches stand point!!

Marbury could always adjust to the offense they are lookin to run...
Atleast hes better than frickin bibby...i really dont think bibby shoudl be on any team if he hasnt even made tha all star team yet!
FabFourLakers

Postby STFU on Tue Aug 26, 2003 2:29 am

FabFourLakers wrote:
STFU wrote::man4: WHOA,WHOA,WHOA, I'M NOT SAYING I THINK THAT HE'S AN UGLY AMERICAN.......I'M TELLING YOU WHAT THE OLYMPIC COMMITTEE THINKS........THEY SAID THAT'S WHY THEY WEREN'T GONNA PUT IVERSON ON THE TEAM BACK WHEN THEY WERE PICKING PLAYERS.....

wow ur [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] stupid

if looks mattered duncan bibby and tmac wouldnt be on tha team!!!

its all about skill FOOL

marbury shoudl DEFINETLY be on tha Olympic Team!
Look Douche bag.... The Olympics is nations on display, showing off their best and delivering a representation of their society. Sure, Iverson is a big part of that society. But it's the part of which we're not always proud. Iverson may have needed to become the person he is to get from where he came to where he is now. But that doesn't mean he has to go with everyone else. :man12:
STFU

Postby zetaw00d on Tue Aug 26, 2003 10:49 am

FabFourLakers wrote:Marbury could always adjust to the offense they are lookin to run...
Atleast hes better than frickin bibby...i really dont think bibby shoudl be on any team if he hasnt even made tha all star team yet!

He could adjust, but thats it. They dont want someone that needs to adjust. They wanted someone that is fitted for that system already. I agree with you but i dont make the decisions on the USA team. Thats the reason why i think bibby make the team. Marbury would have been nice to see on the team.
zetaw00d

Postby zetaw00d on Tue Aug 26, 2003 10:50 am

FabFourLakers wrote:if only KG wanted to play...

I thought pierce shoulda been on it...but as someone already said..they needed "role" players not more superstars

Exactly, my point!!
zetaw00d

Previous

Return to NBA Discussion