Mike Bibby shouldnt be on US Olympic Team!!

Mike Bibby shouldnt be on US Olympic Team!!

Postby FabFourLakers on Sun Aug 24, 2003 12:28 am

I dont understand HOW he got picked, WHY he got picked, and WHO was behind that decision!!! Why couldnt they pick somebody like Steve Francis, Baron Davis or Stephon Marbury? I mean Mike Bibby? He was injured throughout last season and never found his niche. Now they are talkin about how Bibby is gonna make a "comeback" next year.

[Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.]
FabFourLakers

Postby Ring It Up on Sun Aug 24, 2003 1:22 am

Damn Skippy. There are better players out there at his position.
How do I know Jesus loves me so much he doesn't want me working the whole weekend?
Exodus 31:15 Six days shall work be done, but the seventh day is a Sabbath of solemn rest, holy to the Lord. Whoever does any work on the Sabbath day shall be put to death.
Don't believe those lies, son! The only lies worth believing are the ones in the Bible! Can I get an amen?
Ring It Up

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Sun Aug 24, 2003 1:24 am

Then why him?? What has he done for the NBA, that was so fantastic? :man10:
LakersGyrl2003

Postby Kobe's Therapist on Sun Aug 24, 2003 7:19 am

LakersGyrl2003 wrote:Then why him?? What has he done for the NBA, that was so fantastic? :man10:

1. He's elegible - Something that several other top PG's in the NBA are not ... Nash and Parker are not US citizens.
2. He's the floor leader for the best team in Basketball over the past two seasons.
3. He's a top 5 PG in the NBA ... along with Kidd and Iverson (Who are both playing)
4. He wants to play - Some players either can't, or don't want to play for the team. Bibby can and does want to ... while i don't know about some of the other top PG's like Francis, Payton, and Marbury.

What more do you want from him?
Kobe's Therapist

Postby LaKeRsDyNaStY on Sun Aug 24, 2003 11:22 am

best basketball team the last 2 seasons? wtf have u been watching? idiot

top 5 pg in the league? again.. wtf r u watching?

u probably think bibby is better then payton.

and the queens better then lakers and spurs?
Last edited by LaKeRsDyNaStY on Sun Aug 24, 2003 2:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LaKeRsDyNaStY

Postby Kobe's Therapist on Sun Aug 24, 2003 11:27 am

LaKeRsDyNaStY wrote:best basketball team the last 2 seasons? wtf have u been watching? idiot

top 5 pg in the league? again.. wtf r u watching? idiot

Good to see you still know nothing about the NBA LD ...

The Kings have been the best team in the NBA for the past two seasons ... Cheated out of the championship two years ago, and denied the championship this past year by an unfortunate injury.

Bibby is an excellent PG ... top 5 material easily ... and certainly top 5 among the eligible candidates ... and while Bibby hasn't been better than Payton to date, he almost certainly will be this year.

Try paying attention to the NBA from now on LD ... maybe you'll learn something.
Kobe's Therapist

Postby Shaq Fan on Sun Aug 24, 2003 11:30 am

I doubt very much that Bibbo will be better than GP. And the "Queens" have not been the best team the last 2 years. :disagree:

props to hoopskillz, OTK, Eyecue and DA.....
Shaq Fan

Postby LaKeRsDyNaStY on Sun Aug 24, 2003 11:53 am

Kobe's Therapist wrote:
LaKeRsDyNaStY wrote:best basketball team the last 2 seasons? wtf have u been watching? idiot

The Kings have been the best team in the NBA for the past two seasons ... Cheated out of the championship two years ago, and denied the championship this past year by an unfortunate injury.

Bibby is an excellent PG ... top 5 material easily ... and certainly top 5 among the eligible candidates ... and while Bibby hasn't been better than Payton to date, he almost certainly will be this year.

Try paying attention to the NBA from now on LD ... maybe you'll learn something.

this quote right here shows u are an ignorant laker hater "the queens were cheated out of there championship two years ago"

ROFLMAO.. I KNOW NOTHING ABOUT THE NBA? U OBVIOUSLY DONT KNOW [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.], INJURIES R A PART OF THE GAME. EXCUSES EXCUSES. THE LAKERS WERE THE BEST IN 2002 THATS Y THEY WERE THE CHAMPIONS, THE SPURS WERE THE BEST THIS PREVIOUS SEASON, EVEN THOUGH THEY GOT SOME LUCK.
LaKeRsDyNaStY

Postby Kobe's Therapist on Sun Aug 24, 2003 12:41 pm

Yeah, whatever ... shows how little you know about the NBA.
Kobe's Therapist

Postby LaKeRsDyNaStY on Sun Aug 24, 2003 12:58 pm

sure thing hypocrite. ur such an idiot hater. go back to ur queens site loser
LaKeRsDyNaStY

Postby HndsmCelt on Sun Aug 24, 2003 1:26 pm

Have any of you even looked at the stats from the USA team? Look at Bibbys stats and then compare them with the other palyers espcialy Kidds, then come back and tell us all how Bibby should be home in the US while Francis is playing on the team.
"We suck at rebounding"
Brad Miller
HndsmCelt
Clublakers Rep: Sac Kings

Postby LaKeRsDyNaStY on Sun Aug 24, 2003 1:33 pm

i dont give a [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] about bibby. its about that ktr thinking the queens were "robbed" of the title 2 years ago and saying stupid [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] like the queens r the best team in the league for the last 2 years
LaKeRsDyNaStY

Postby Kobe's Therapist on Sun Aug 24, 2003 1:33 pm

Yeah, other than leading the team in steals ... second in assists after Kidd ... and Fifth is scoring ... he's not doing much.
Kobe's Therapist

Postby zetaw00d on Sun Aug 24, 2003 1:38 pm

Kobe's Therapist wrote:The Kings have been the best team in the NBA for the past two seasons ... Cheated out of the championship two years ago, and denied the championship this past year by an unfortunate injury.

Try paying attention to the NBA from now on LD ... maybe you'll learn something. [/b][/color]

Yea they have been cheated of a championship!! I guess the Lakers had the league change the size of the rim when the Kings were missing all those free throws!! Yea the Lakers also paid Vlade to tip that ball back to Horry to make the winning shot!!!
zetaw00d

Postby zetaw00d on Sun Aug 24, 2003 1:41 pm

HndsmCelt wrote:Have any of you even looked at the stats from the USA team? Look at Bibbys stats and then compare them with the other palyers espcialy Kidds, then come back and tell us all how Bibby should be home in the US while Francis is playing on the team.

Sorry i didnt really look at the stats, Im busy watching the game.. Kidd runs the point better. Bibby is good, but he takes more shots then Kidd. Kidd just looks to pass. If you put Bibby in Steve Francis place do you think he would be an all-star?
zetaw00d

Postby rydjorker121 on Sun Aug 24, 2003 2:01 pm

y'all Kings fans stop messing around. We knwo you're trying to make ur points, but I ain't gonna take either side.

True...KTR, Bibby is a top five PG. He just didn't get much exposure in jam-packed Sactown last year, and he could easily have been a star back in Vancouver alongside Shareef Abdur-Rahim. I think that Bibby, like all other NBA players, deserves a chance to play with the top. Like J-Kidd, he did a lot of assists there. Of course, that was [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] competition.

Of course, I wish Baron Davis or Stephon Marbury were in the game instead of J-Kidd. They are both certainly more electric and got more exposure and are skilled in the offensive ends. Of course, they could even put Derek Fisher or Kendall Gill in the US team and still we would have given the opposition a whoop in the [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.].

But, like all others, I don't give a damm about Bibby because he's a Queen. Not that I'm a racist or anything, I like his attitude towards the game, but it's just that he's too overrated because he's just a Queen.

And like all others I don't agree that Bibby is a top five point grade nor is he better than the wise and legit PG Gary Payton.

That's all there is to it. :man4:
rydjorker121
Draft/Trade Rumor Staff

Postby SWOL on Sun Aug 24, 2003 2:32 pm

I DONT EVEN THINK BIBBY IS THE BEST POINT GUARD ON HIS OWN TEAM......ID RATHER HAVE BOBBY JACKSON....YOU'LL SEE AFTER NEXT YEAR WHEN BOBBY IS A F/A....HE'LL GO SOMEWHERE ELSE AND BE THE SHIZNIT
SWOL
Separated at Birth: Ron Artest

Postby Ring It Up on Sun Aug 24, 2003 3:14 pm

Kobe's Therapist wrote:

Excuses are like [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.]. Everybody has one. They LOST. I dont care what the excuses are. They LOST. You dont see Laker fans making excuses about losing to the Spurs. The Lakers LOST. So get over that [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.].
How do I know Jesus loves me so much he doesn't want me working the whole weekend?
Exodus 31:15 Six days shall work be done, but the seventh day is a Sabbath of solemn rest, holy to the Lord. Whoever does any work on the Sabbath day shall be put to death.
Don't believe those lies, son! The only lies worth believing are the ones in the Bible! Can I get an amen?
Ring It Up

Postby zetaw00d on Sun Aug 24, 2003 3:19 pm

Ring It Up wrote:Excuses are like [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.]. Everybody has one. They LOST. I dont care what the excuses are. They LOST. You dont see Laker fans making excuses about losing to the Spurs. The Lakers LOST. So get over that [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.].

Very true!!! B!TCHES are the only ones that whine about losing!!!
zetaw00d

Postby Ring It Up on Sun Aug 24, 2003 3:22 pm

zetaw00d wrote:
Ring It Up wrote:Excuses are like [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.]. Everybody has one. They LOST. I dont care what the excuses are. They LOST. You dont see Laker fans making excuses about losing to the Spurs. The Lakers LOST. So get over that [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.].

Very true!!! B!TCHES are the only ones that whine about losing!!!

This crying about some [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] that happened 2 years ago is really starting to bother me. I swear they have a million and one excuses why they lost when the REASON they lost was the inability to make a god damn free throw. They need to stand up and be men.
Ring It Up

Postby HndsmCelt on Sun Aug 24, 2003 5:49 pm

zetaw00d wrote:
HndsmCelt wrote:Have any of you even looked at the stats from the USA team? Look at Bibbys stats and then compare them with the other palyers espcialy Kidds, then come back and tell us all how Bibby should be home in the US while Francis is playing on the team.

Sorry i didnt really look at the stats, Im busy watching the game.. Kidd runs the point better. Bibby is good, but he takes more shots then Kidd. Kidd just looks to pass. If you put Bibby in Steve Francis place do you think he would be an all-star?

Apples and Oranges. I could say the same thing pust Steve Franchise on the Kings see how the TEAM does.
Francis is awsome he creates, he cuts and he shoots, but he lacks the ablity to controll tempo and deliver the dall to the low post witht he effenciy of Bibby. Bibby compleetly lacks the ablity to create and has marginal moves down low, but he can controll the ball, makes great decisions and can pass as welll as any PG curently playing. He also is a great shot when he gets in his spot. All said Bibby is the best option for a team that essentialy innitates from the low post. Most teams lack one good passing big man, much less enjoy the luxury of 3. That is what makes the Kngs a tough match up for lots of other teams and what makes a guy like Bibby more valualbe to the Kings than a Steve Francis or Baron Davis. Remmeber what the Kings looked like with J Will?

By the smae token if Bibby were in Houston he would struggle to get off too many rushed sots and would need more help thatn Steve in terms of pick and screens. Teams are about chemesty not just throwing guys together.
"We suck at rebounding"
Brad Miller
HndsmCelt
Clublakers Rep: Sac Kings

Postby zetaw00d on Sun Aug 24, 2003 6:56 pm

Apples and Oranges. I could say the same thing pust Steve Franchise on the Kings see how the TEAM does.
Francis is awsome he creates, he cuts and he shoots, but he lacks the ablity to controll tempo and deliver the dall to the low post witht he effenciy of Bibby. Bibby compleetly lacks the ablity to create and has marginal moves down low, but he can controll the ball, makes great decisions and can pass as welll as any PG curently playing. He also is a great shot when he gets in his spot. All said Bibby is the best option for a team that essentialy innitates from the low post. Most teams lack one good passing big man, much less enjoy the luxury of 3. That is what makes the Kngs a tough match up for lots of other teams and what makes a guy like Bibby more valualbe to the Kings than a Steve Francis or Baron Davis. Remmeber what the Kings looked like with J Will?

By the smae token if Bibby were in Houston he would struggle to get off too many rushed sots and would need more help thatn Steve in terms of pick and screens. Teams are about chemesty not just throwing guys together.

I kind of understand what you are saying but its hard to read anything you post... SO MANY TYPOS!!! Is your delete key broken? Dont get me wrong i think Bibby is good, but he isnt in the same page as the Great Point Guards.. Bibby fits the system in sac. Well we will see next year if Bibby will live up to what he is making. He hasnt had one good full year!! He only had a great series against the Lakers... Who at that point couldnt guard a point guard. If you saw what the wolves pg(Hudson) did against the Lakers last year in the playoffs, do you think he deserves max contract? When Bibby has one or two good full seasons then i think he will get the respect. You're comparing JWill to Francis??? Hahhahaha!!!!! Francis is a much better then JWill, but JWill has started to grow up and is now playing well in memphis. Like i said Bibby only had a good series against the Lakers because Fisher couldnt keep up and the Lakers couldnt guard the pick n roll or pick n fade!!!! The rest of the NBA are not like the Lakers and they dont have a Fisher!!!
Last edited by zetaw00d on Sun Aug 24, 2003 10:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
zetaw00d

Postby LaKeRsDyNaStY on Sun Aug 24, 2003 6:57 pm

LMAO... QUOTE ZETAWOOD "IS YOUR DELETE KEY BROKEN?" :man10: :man10: :man10:
LaKeRsDyNaStY

Postby FabFourLakers on Sun Aug 24, 2003 10:26 pm

U kings fans AMUSE me. Seriously! Bibby, one of the top 5 PGs in the NBA! LMAO!!! Bibby hasnt proven [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.]! Jus look at his season avg! swolswol said it right, BOBBY JACKSON is better than bibby! He avg like 20ppg when bibby wasnt there and sacramento was BETTER without bibby! Im jus sayin bibby is WAY overrated, he had ONE good playoff series and suddenly he is a "superstar" in sacramento!! He hasnt even been an ALL STAR yet!!! How was he chosen to the olympic team if guys like Baron Francis Payton and Marbury have all been proven all stars? The NBA selection committee needs to get their hands out of their [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] and pick some REAL point guards who are NOT overrated like Bibby!!

KTR, the kings were the best team the last 2 years? Oh i thot the Lakers and Spurs won the last 2 championships? Right? Hmm i musta been wrong? Lemme check to see if the Kings won...well...looks like they got "cheated" 2 years in a row!!! You know, stop ur [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.]', as some fellow laker fans have already stated, GET OVER IT! U LOST! WE dont complain about the spurs beating us, cuz we accept the fact that we got beat by the better team! Charles Barkley put it best: "the Spurs were just better this year than the lakers" and that is a fact they WERE, the lakers werent motivated and slacked off and we deserved not to win it last year, and when Horry misses a game winning three, u KNOW its not ur year! Its ok cuz we know we have a great chance of winning it this year, and we've gotten over last year's loss cuz we already won 3 in a row!

Look, Bibby is GOOD, but not good enuff to be on the olympic team or any other all star team. And how many assists did bibby avg last year? You guys say he is a great passer...he avg like what 5 assists? I dont even care cuz Bobby Jackson is way better than Bibby.

KTR u say that LD knows nothing about the NBA...it looks like u need to get ur NBA facts straight before u start talkin bout how the kings were the best team tha last 2 years! HA i neearly fell outta my chair when i read that! Go to the KingsFans board where u will ACTUALLY be accepted!
FabFourLakers

Postby rydjorker121 on Sun Aug 24, 2003 10:36 pm

FabFourLakers wrote:U kings fans AMUSE me. Seriously! Bibby, one of the top 5 PGs in the NBA! LMAO!!! Bibby hasnt proven [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.]! Jus look at his season avg! swolswol said it right, BOBBY JACKSON is better than bibby! He avg like 20ppg when bibby wasnt there and sacramento was BETTER without bibby! Im jus sayin bibby is WAY overrated, he had ONE good playoff series and suddenly he is a "superstar" in sacramento!! He hasnt even been an ALL STAR yet!!! How was he chosen to the olympic team if guys like Baron Francis Payton and Marbury have all been proven all stars? The NBA selection committee needs to get their hands out of their [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] and pick some REAL point guards who are NOT overrated like Bibby!!

KTR, the kings were the best team the last 2 years? Oh i thot the Lakers and Spurs won the last 2 championships? Right? Hmm i musta been wrong? Lemme check to see if the Kings won...well...looks like they got "cheated" 2 years in a row!!! You know, stop ur [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.]', as some fellow laker fans have already stated, GET OVER IT! U LOST! WE dont complain about the spurs beating us, cuz we accept the fact that we got beat by the better team! Charles Barkley put it best: "the Spurs were just better this year than the lakers" and that is a fact they WERE, the lakers werent motivated and slacked off and we deserved not to win it last year, and when Horry misses a game winning three, u KNOW its not ur year! Its ok cuz we know we have a great chance of winning it this year, and we've gotten over last year's loss cuz we already won 3 in a row!

Look, Bibby is GOOD, but not good enuff to be on the olympic team or any other all star team. And how many assists did bibby avg last year? You guys say he is a great passer...he avg like what 5 assists? I dont even care cuz Bobby Jackson is way better than Bibby.

KTR u say that LD knows nothing about the NBA...it looks like u need to get ur NBA facts straight before u start talkin bout how the kings were the best team tha last 2 years! HA i neearly fell outta my chair when i read that! Go to the KingsFans board where u will ACTUALLY be accepted!

Precisely my point. The only reason why everyone thinks that Bibby's good is because of the King's style of playing. They run-and-gun, all point guards ought to know how to score and pass in transition. Obviously Biby got more exposure due to Webber's passing skills. Now, I compliment Webber on that, but not Bibby. He won't cut the top five of PGs list, and surely there are many good point guards, like Kidd to Francis to Payton to Nash to Cassell. Hell, if Fisher were on the Kings, then he would jam up all these assists too. He'd also have less turnovers and more points since he's good at them pull-up J's. Bibby's only got more influence playing with expertee passers like C-Webb, Divac and Doug Christie. That totally affects the way the point guard plays. In Bibby's case, he just gets the advantage since he's playing in a very good passing team. The Laker's triangle offense had guys passing in sets and wasting the shot clock so various guys get assists. That's why Fisher hardly has any. If he was playing run-and-gun, where the point guard is exposed more of the ball, Fisher would jounce 5 assists a game. Bibby only gets 5 playing run-and-gun, that doesn't quallify to a top legit PG. :man4:
rydjorker121
Draft/Trade Rumor Staff

Next

Return to NBA Discussion