Mike Brown - You're Fired (Vince McMahon voice)

Mike Brown........ FIRED!

Postby John3:16 on Mon May 12, 2014 12:36 pm

Mitch - Don't do it!

Mike Brown has been fired as the Cleveland Cavaliers' coach after only one season with the team.

The Cavaliers announced their decision to fire Brown on Monday, also saying that David Griffin has been promoted to full-time general manager.

"This is a very tough business," Cavaliers owner Dan Gilbert said in a statement released by the team. "It pains all of us here that we needed to make the difficult decision of releasing Mike Brown."

The Cavaliers went just 33-49 this season under Brown, who was serving his second stint as the team's coach.

"Mike worked hard over this last season to move our team in the right direction," Gilbert said. "Although, there was some progress from our finish over the few prior seasons, we believe we need to head in a different direction. We wish Mike and his family nothing but the best."
John3:16
CL Global Moderator

Mike Brown - You're Fired (Vince McMahon voice)

Postby Doc Brown on Mon May 12, 2014 12:37 pm

Cavaliers fire coach Mike Brown
Updated: May 12, 2014, 3:35 PM ET
ESPN.com news services
EMAIL
PRINT
Mike Brown has been fired as the Cleveland Cavaliers' coach after only one season with the team.

The Cavaliers announced their decision to fire Brown on Monday, also saying that David Griffin has been promoted to full-time general manager.

"This is a very tough business," Cavaliers owner Dan Gilbert said in a statement released by the team. "It pains all of us here that we needed to make the difficult decision of releasing Mike Brown."

The Cavaliers went just 33-49 this season under Brown, who was serving his second stint as the team's coach.

"Mike worked hard over this last season to move our team in the right direction," Gilbert said. "Although, there was some progress from our finish over the few prior seasons, we believe we need to head in a different direction. We wish Mike and his family nothing but the best."

:man10: :man10:

What a joke.
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Re: Mike Brown - You're Fired (Vince McMahon voice)

Postby LakerFan1235 on Mon May 12, 2014 12:43 pm

Incredible. This guy has stolen a lot of money lol
Every time I begin to ask, "Is he really as great as I think he is?" ...He proves that he is.
Every time I begin to wonder...He proves it...That is why I won't lose hope in him.
You know who I am talking about.
LakerFan1235

Postby Balance&Options24 on Mon May 12, 2014 12:45 pm

Move to entice Lebron? Lol or make Kyrie?
If you want to be a hero, you gotta take hero shots -R. Miller
Balance&Options24

Postby denimPortugal on Mon May 12, 2014 12:49 pm

denimPortugal

Postby therealdeal on Mon May 12, 2014 1:03 pm

I don't even...

Why would you give the guy that contract? And then fire him?... That organization is just a small notch above the Clippers and it might be because they lack the longevity that the Clippers showed.

Someone send V. Stiviano to Gilbert please.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby lotus on Mon May 12, 2014 1:15 pm

That situation to me was Gilbert trying to correct his decision to get rid of Brown in the first place in order to keep Lebron. The problem is that he miscalculated how much Lebron was actually responsible for the success they had when Brown was the coach. I think now he knows.

In a race between Gilbert and jimmy, I think they are running neck and neck. In the meantime, Brown kicked both their a--es.
lotus

Postby LTLakerFan on Mon May 12, 2014 1:19 pm

Doc Brown wrote:
Cavaliers fire coach Mike Brown
Updated: May 12, 2014, 3:35 PM ET
ESPN.com news services
EMAIL
PRINT

:man10: :man10:

What a joke.

…..that they even hired him back in the first place, in addition to whatever you had in mind :mhihi:
LTLakerFan

Postby revgen on Mon May 12, 2014 1:19 pm

therealdeal wrote:I don't even...

Why would you give the guy that contract? And then fire him?... That organization is just a small notch above the Clippers and it might be because they lack the longevity that the Clippers showed.

Someone send V. Stiviano to Gilbert please.

1) Former Cavs GM Chris Grant (who was fired earlier in the year) and Mike Brown were buddies in college. He hired Brown, because Brown had his back.

2) Since Gilbert fired Grant and hired a new GM, that new GM gets to choose the coach.
"Every time he’s hurt, he always plays, he always comes through."

- Metta World Peace on teammate Kobe Bryant
revgen
HDTV/Multimedia Guru

Postby Frank Dux on Mon May 12, 2014 1:25 pm

:man10:
Frank Dux

Postby pound4pound1 on Mon May 12, 2014 1:49 pm

you know you suck when the Cavs fire you twice
Jerry Buss wrote:One of the biggest reasons I bought the Lakers was to beat the Celtics …..you just got it into your soul that you couldn't stand the Celtics anymore
pound4pound1

Postby Weezy on Mon May 12, 2014 2:00 pm

How stupid do you have to be to HIRE him a second time in the first place? You hire him after the disaster he has with us, and you expect something different, come on.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby 432J on Mon May 12, 2014 2:10 pm

:man10:
what a joke that franchise is

and what an even bigger joke mike brown is. can't believe our FO was actually that stupid to hire that loser over adelman
432J

Postby Alcindor on Mon May 12, 2014 2:48 pm

The amount of money this man has made off of cancelled contracts is staggering. His entire fortune is based off a piggy back ride that LBJ gave him.
Alcindor

Postby Balance&Options24 on Mon May 12, 2014 3:07 pm

The GM came from the Suns system and wants play more up tempo, Mike Diantonni come on down!!!!
If you want to be a hero, you gotta take hero shots -R. Miller
Balance&Options24

Postby dj vitus on Mon May 12, 2014 5:00 pm

That was a 5 year deal. :man4:

5th year partially guaranteed, but including $7M split this past season and next season with us, dude's looking at $15M just to sit on his arse! :man10: Mike Brown's got the last laugh.
"Why are they blocking out all the good stuff? They let Sarah Jessica Parker's face on TV and she looks like a foot!!"
dj vitus

Postby karacha on Mon May 12, 2014 5:11 pm

I'll just state that MDA > Brown. Which doesn't say much, but it's true.
"It's not realistic to get younger and better when you only have the veteran's minimum to offer free agents." :mhihi:

-Troll Kupchak
karacha
CL Global Moderator

Postby showtime mamba on Mon May 12, 2014 8:08 pm

Mike Brown is so stupid he can convince others he knows what he is doing as a coach as he speaks with a pathological conviction with his expertise and crummy systems and dvds. In the monetary success and contracts attained this stupidity may be some hitherto unknown form of savant genius. He has a magnet for the path of least resistance attracting the worst gms with his magical crap magnet. I cannot but admire and give kudos to this hudsucker proxy and his forest gump basketball acumen. He should have stayed a video editor for the spurs.
showtime mamba

Postby revgen on Tue May 13, 2014 12:21 am

I don't think I've ever heard of an NBA coach fired after 1 year on a 5 year deal.
"Every time he’s hurt, he always plays, he always comes through."

- Metta World Peace on teammate Kobe Bryant
revgen
HDTV/Multimedia Guru

Postby wcsoldier81 on Tue May 13, 2014 12:42 am

He can watch a lot of tapes and eat at Subway every day for the rest of his life with this amount of money ...
wcsoldier81

Postby therealdeal on Tue May 13, 2014 9:15 am

Balance&Options24 wrote:The GM came from the Suns system and wants play more up tempo, Mike Diantonni come on down!!!!

This is actually a legitimate possibility.

As is D'Antoni going to Golden State...

I don't know how these coaches keep finding work.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby lotus on Tue May 13, 2014 1:47 pm

showtime mamba wrote:Mike Brown is so stupid he can convince others he knows what he is doing as a coach as he speaks with a pathological conviction with his expertise and crummy systems and dvds. In the monetary success and contracts attained this stupidity may be some hitherto unknown form of savant genius. He has a magnet for the path of least resistance attracting the worst gms with his magical crap magnet. I cannot but admire and give kudos to this hudsucker proxy and his forest gump basketball acumen. He should have stayed a video editor for the spurs.

Let me guess, a Shakespeare sonnet? :man12:
lotus

Postby Frank Dux on Tue May 13, 2014 2:54 pm

karacha wrote:I'll just state that MDA > Brown. Which doesn't say much, but it's true.

My real gripe with Mike DamnPhony is that he ran Kobe's arse into the ground and ruined his career. So he can go F himself for that.
Frank Dux

Postby karacha on Tue May 13, 2014 3:28 pm

Kobe ran himself into the ground, and MDA did nothing to stop it, because he could not say anything to Kobe. Doesn't make me like him any better, but don't think for a second he tried to force Kobe to play.
"It's not realistic to get younger and better when you only have the veteran's minimum to offer free agents." :mhihi:

-Troll Kupchak
karacha
CL Global Moderator

Return to NBA Discussion