90 mil. for Le Bron

90 mil. for Le Bron

Postby MIKEDOG on Thu May 22, 2003 12:31 pm

I just saw this deal it is ridiculous, an unproven 18 year old that has not played a single NBA game let alone a college game getting 90 million dollar deal with NIKE. That is what I call a risk!

I would take C. Anthony anyday of the week over Le Bron.

What is everyone elses take on this???
MIKEDOG

Postby MagicToKobe on Thu May 22, 2003 1:32 pm

NIKE HAS BUMPED THEIR DAMN HEAD. LEBRON IS AN UNPROVEN TALENT....DIDNT THE LEAGUE LEARN ANYTHING FROM KWAME BROWN (ANOTHER BIG WASTE)!!!!

WHEN HE GOES UP AGAINST KOBE....HE WILL LEARN WHAT TRUE COMPETITION IS!!!! I CANT WAIT TO SEE THAT GAME!!!

I DONT WISH ANYTHING NEGATIVE ON LEBRON...DONT GET ME WRONG..BUT FOR AN UNPROVEN TALENT TO BE GETTING THIS MUCH ATTENTION IS CRAZY!!! :man7:
Everyday is a challenge that eventually leads to victory!!!!!
MagicToKobe

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Thu May 22, 2003 4:26 pm

It's no even 90 mil...It's 100 mil!! How can an unproven player get this much attention? Sure he was the best HS player, but now this is gettin ridiculous... Shoot, I'd buy some LeBron gear, but when he's proven, u know!?? :man1:
LakersGyrl2003

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Thu May 22, 2003 5:19 pm

LOL... God this is great, hey guys, we'll see what James can do when he gets onto the court, 90 Mil. Dollars is ridicoulous..

And although he may be the best high school player EVER, NO 18 year old deserves the name "The King"...
LD2k.com
We Do It For The Fans | Videos as seen on Clublakers.com
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby FirstLady on Thu May 22, 2003 5:38 pm

It's definitely crazy! These shoe manufacturers aren't fortune tellers, but you couldn't tell by the way they're approaching unproven, young talent. Watch, it may come back to bite them in the butt.

Hmmm, I wonder if there's some sort of clause in his contract that protects Nike's interest if he fails to make it in the NBA and/or his shoes fail to do the numbers they're hoping. Hmmmmm?
FirstLady
Clublakers Queen (1st Female)

Postby Snakell Beast on Thu May 22, 2003 6:15 pm

Kobe Bryant was the best high school baller of all time. He will be (barring injury) the best Pro baller of all time and, if he had played, would have been the best college baller of all time, SO WHY CAN"T HE GET A FREAKIN' SHOE DEAL????
Snakell Beast

Postby #1_Kobe_fan on Thu May 22, 2003 7:47 pm

you know why?.... cause they are all KOBE haters... its all a conspiracy I tell yah!!! Other than the LAKER FANS nobody else likes KOBE!!! His own home town (PHILLY) booded him for goodness sake!!!! No body likes him cause in actuality in terms of basketball skills & demeanor(class act) he is the closest thing to Jordan's hay day. All these KOBE HATERS can't accept that the TORCH was PASSED to KOBE!!! and those HATERS are just trying to keep a hold of something from the past. They fail to realize that the BEST current basketball player is KOBE.

its not TMAC, Iverson or Lebron James..... KOBE is NOW the best Player in the NBA get that through yer freakin heads KOBE HATERs!!!!! :bang:

KOBE OUR TRUE MVP :bow:
#1_Kobe_fan

Postby Snakell Beast on Thu May 22, 2003 8:10 pm

You Know what, who gives a [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.]! I don't care anymore. Kobe is not going to get respect from any part of the basketball world outside of LA. He won't get respect from other teams, he won't get respect from the sportswriters, he won't get respect from the games past players, he won't get respect from the current players and he won't get respect from the league or the officials. PERIOD. But we all know that even with all that happening, he is still going to be, at worst, #2 all time and, most likely, #1. So who really cares on this site if THEY agree!
Snakell Beast

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Thu May 22, 2003 8:43 pm

Kobe can get a deal, he's just takin his time in deal with the companies. He's findin the right one for him, and dont be too suprised if he signs with Jordans company.... :jam2: Imagine Kobe in some Jumpmans?? :bow:
LakersGyrl2003

Postby Guest on Fri May 23, 2003 3:16 am

#1_Kobe_fan wrote:you know why?.... cause they are all KOBE haters... its all a conspiracy I tell yah!!! Other than the LAKER FANS nobody else likes KOBE!!! His own home town (PHILLY) booded him for goodness sake!!!! No body likes him cause in actuality in terms of basketball skills & demeanor(class act) he is the closest thing to Jordan's hay day. All these KOBE HATERS can't accept that the TORCH was PASSED to KOBE!!! and those HATERS are just trying to keep a hold of something from the past. They fail to realize that the BEST current basketball player is KOBE.

its not TMAC, Iverson or Lebron James..... KOBE is NOW the best Player in the NBA get that through yer freakin heads KOBE HATERs!!!!! :bang:

:bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :jam2:

KOBE OUR TRUE MVP :bow:

Postby Kobe_One_Kenobi_8 on Sat May 24, 2003 12:43 pm

90 mil. for a high school kid is a joke.

Its all about the hype!!!!!!!

Part of that 90 mil. better go to ESPN and the numerous sportwriters that brough that HYPE up.
Kobe_One_Kenobi_8

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Sat May 24, 2003 12:54 pm

You Know what, who gives a [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.]! I don't care anymore. Kobe is not going to get respect from any part of the basketball world outside of LA. He won't get respect from other teams, he won't get respect from the sportswriters, he won't get respect from the games past players, he won't get respect from the current players and he won't get respect from the league or the officials. PERIOD. But we all know that even with all that happening, he is still going to be, at worst, #2 all time and, most likely, #1. So who really cares on this site if THEY agree!

Ah-Men Snakell... There is our first Chapter in the ClubLakers bible...
LD2k.com
We Do It For The Fans | Videos as seen on Clublakers.com
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Return to NBA Discussion