MORE BREAKIN NEWS: MEM and PHO trade!

MORE BREAKIN NEWS: MEM and PHO trade!

Postby FabFourLakers on Tue Sep 30, 2003 8:33 pm

In a trade that happened jus moments ago, the Memphis Grizzlies have traded Brevin Knight to the Phoenix Suns for Bo Outlaw and Jake Tsakalidis

I guess Phoenix needed a back up point guard...good trade for Memphis, they got their big man they wanted
FabFourLakers

Postby FabFourLakers on Tue Sep 30, 2003 8:34 pm

btw, this was posted on the front page of NBA.com, titled "Knight Moves"
FabFourLakers

Postby Guest on Tue Sep 30, 2003 9:03 pm

What are the Suns thinking? they gave up an awesome 5 ppg vet in Bo Outlaw and an upincoming solid center in Tsakalidis, also 5 ppg.

And all for what? Brevin Knight and 3 ppg. I just don't get it.

Postby rydjorker121 on Tue Sep 30, 2003 9:13 pm

Salary cut...wait actually no.

BTW good find FabFour keepin' the watch on news late into the night...most of the time guys like us are too lazy to do so...but congrats for finding it...

This isn't a salary cut. Brevin Knight has one more year in his contract, that's for sure, and he's really making moolah--for the fact that he's injury-prone most of the time. This really benefited the Grizz, unless the Suns had some intention of saving space for players--or maybe they did want to cut salary. Who knows. The Suns needed a backup PG in the worst way, and they got one in Kevin, er I mean Brevin--Knight. The guy can shoot, but not threes. Excellent passer and assist man. Not too reliable on offense, but surely on D. Shows that these guys don't have much hope for Leandro Barbosa. And trading Bo Outlaw away is horrendous. That guy is the (censored), he can play D and do Madsen-like things and still do something with the ball in his hands. Just trading him away for a guy like Brevin Knight is insane. The Suns don't have too many centers--WTF were they thinking? Tsakalidis, although he's a centerish underachiever, is 7'2" and somewhat reliable--now they only have Voskuhl and Scott Williams. LOL. That's horrendous. Probably the Grizz would waive Tsakalidis. They don't need a center, plus Outlaw is god nothing. This is just too stupid. :man7:
rydjorker121
Draft/Trade Rumor Staff

Postby GaNgStA on Tue Sep 30, 2003 9:39 pm

why you guys always saying breaking news its jus a trade it aint a high speed pursuit chase :man10:
GaNgStA

Postby rydjorker121 on Tue Sep 30, 2003 10:10 pm

oh, you forgot to add, Trybanski and Rob Archibald--two white men--were also in the package to the Suns. :jam2:
rydjorker121
Draft/Trade Rumor Staff

Postby FabFourLakers on Tue Sep 30, 2003 10:20 pm

rydjorker121 wrote:oh, you forgot to add, Trybanski and Rob Archibald--two white men--were also in the package to the Suns. :jam2:

haha sorry about that guys, didnt mean to make it sound all important...jus informing ppl...and thanx for tha props rydjorker...i jus like to deliver news that hasnt been reported yet...and the suns do have more than jus voskuhl and williams, they have the rookie center that they drafted 17th overall, i believe his name is Zarko Cabarkapa, and he has shown alot of potential...so maybe they made that trade for Zarko to develop quicker?

Note: If you guys on the news staff dont want me to post the news anymore, i will lay off, cuz that is ur job and not mine and maybe u guys would like to post the news urself and not have others do it for u, otherwise ur news board will become useless after a while...jus lemme know!
FabFourLakers

Postby rydjorker121 on Wed Oct 01, 2003 5:34 pm

no its all right...thats what NBA News is for isn't it?
rydjorker121
Draft/Trade Rumor Staff

Postby BDG on Wed Oct 01, 2003 5:40 pm

Yeah, if you got an article the staff didn't post, put it up for sure... the more the better.
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
BDG
Retired Admin

Postby JSM on Wed Oct 01, 2003 11:42 pm

I think this kind of helps both teams. Memphis was in dire need of big men, and they got 2, in fact that's what they have been after all off season, and yeah these guys aren't no Zo, Brand, or Clark, but they are better than going into camp empty handed.

Also Knight really wanted out, he didn't want to be the 3rd string pg for Memphis, so he asked to be a part of this deal. So by going to the Suns, he will get more playing time and will actually get to be in the playoffs. This will also allow Hardaway to spend his time purely at the sg position, and he won't have to play the point when Stephon is out of the game.
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Return to NBA Discussion