"If more surgery needed, Hill will retire"

"If more surgery needed, Hill will retire"

Postby shaqpak34 on Wed Sep 10, 2003 6:33 am

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=1611866

man i liked hill too, i sure hope his next comback is successful
shaqpak34

Postby BDG on Wed Sep 10, 2003 1:41 pm

I'm sorry to say, but Grant Hill needs to hang up his shoes and retire. He is almost a liability to every team he's on... once he leaves, the Magic will have a lot of cap space to work with... if they pick up a high profile star like Garnett or someone, they will be VERY dangerous.
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
BDG
Retired Admin

Postby JSM on Wed Sep 10, 2003 7:30 pm

By wanting to stay on the team, when he knows that if he ever plays again, then it won't be for a year or so, is just plain selfishness. He should do what is best for the team and retire. They can make him an assistant coach, or something if he wants to remain a part of the Magic.

The truth is he is taking up too much of the Magic's cap room, and isn't even contributing by playing. And if he ever does play, no one will want him, because his game will have deteriorated so much. So do the Magic a favor, Grant, and retire already, that will give the Magic some cap room to add a big named player next year to go along with T-Mac and Howard.
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Postby FabFourLakers on Wed Sep 10, 2003 7:44 pm

I can definetly see Garnett flooding to the Magic once Hill is outta there...

Imagine T-Mac and Garnett on the same team...DANGEROUS!

I want to see Hill play again like he used to when he avg 25 ppg, but that will never happen, i gave up hope after last year, tha first 5 games i thot HILL WAS BACK, but then the magic started struggling and he began to hurt...i feel bad for him but...magic got screwed!
FabFourLakers

Postby JSM on Wed Sep 10, 2003 8:00 pm

and think they traded Ben Wallace, a good defensive C, for Hill, somone that has barely even played for the Magic since he's been there.
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Postby FabFourLakers on Wed Sep 10, 2003 8:19 pm

jsm0331 wrote:and think they traded Ben Wallace, a good defensive C, for Hill, somone that has barely even played for the Magic since he's been there.

yup, wallace and atkins for hill

wow detroit gets lucky in everything they get...maybe they'll finally kick themselves with darko is a bust and carmelo is a star
FabFourLakers

Return to NBA Discussion