MVP IS ANNOUNCED! NOOOOOOOOOOOO

Postby Kobe_One_Kenobi_8 on Sun May 04, 2003 3:32 pm

Most of these so called sportswriters are just Laker haters and specifically Kobe haters. They are just jealous of KB8. These are the same guys a couple of years ago, that compared Vince Carter and Kobe. What happened to that comparison now!!!!!!!Now, they are even comparing Kobe and T-Mac. Don't you ever put T-Mac on the same level as Kobe, until he shuts his mouth and get out of the first round.

And for Duncan, this guy must be the most un-deserving MVP in the history of MVPs.

It is only a regular season award. Anyways, the Finals MVP is the important one.
Kobe_One_Kenobi_8

Postby Slayer Alstarx on Mon May 05, 2003 11:00 am

For those of you that think TD is the MVP:

What are the bulletpoints?
What accomplishments or improvements has TD done?
Is his points up from last year?
Did he break any records this year?
Besides his team taking the best record (With Allas slipping and CWebb hurt, big Whoop!)

Bring it!! Convince me, because I have no clue what he did to deserve it. :man4:
How many standing ovations did he get on the visitors court?
Did Utah chant "MVP" when Tim was in town? How about New York?
How many friggin' jerseys has he sold? When was the last time you even saw a Tim Duncan Jersey (Even in San Antonio?!).
Slayer Alstarx

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Mon May 05, 2003 3:51 pm

Remember, guys, he got it because he is the "best" player, on the "best" team.

But of course that was season

:naughty1:
LD2k.com
We Do It For The Fans | Videos as seen on Clublakers.com
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby Snakell Beast on Mon May 05, 2003 5:17 pm

I guess they don't consider injuries in the MVP race. Kobe is the best PLAYER (he IS better than Shaq at the findamentals, he may not be as dominant, but he is more skilled...hence better) on the best TEAM (unless being the third team in history to three-peat is unimpressive enough for us to lose our best team stature because of the injury of our most dominant force and the piece around which the team is built) but that is IMHO. If MJ was injured and subsequently out of shape in a Bulls season but recovered quickly enough to turn the team's season around and they went from 11-19 to 50-32, MJ would have won the MVP unanimously and the Bulls would have been ranked as the #1 team in the league. But because we are the Lakers, we don't count as the best team. But in my opinion, if the key and most deciding factor for winning the MVP is indeed whomever is the "best player on the best team" then Kobe Bryant fits that mold better than anyone and that, my friends, is that!
Snakell Beast

Previous

Return to NBA Discussion