MWPeace Discussion: Big Apple Bound

Re: Ron Artest Appreciation Thread

Postby TT24 on Mon Nov 23, 2009 6:04 pm

^ That's what they want. He has been a beast on the defensive end.
TT24

Postby Juronimo on Mon Nov 23, 2009 6:24 pm

KobeFoThree wrote:lol the kids over at realgm still think ron is a non-factor for us. they couldn't be any more wrong.

It's because a lot of fans look only at scoring and ignore everything else.

Ferguson, we hear you.
RIP Mike Brown.
Juronimo

Postby TT24 on Mon Nov 23, 2009 6:44 pm

^ Fans on this site does as well.
TT24

Postby Juronimo on Mon Nov 23, 2009 7:01 pm

TT24 wrote:^ Fans on this site does as well.

I know all too well.

Ferguson, we hear you.
RIP Mike Brown.
Juronimo

Postby Shannon's Girl on Mon Nov 23, 2009 7:08 pm

Artest has been impressing me!
Image Image
Shannon's Girl

Postby ShaqDieselLaker on Wed Nov 25, 2009 12:01 am

Ron is doing it on both ends of the court, every game, giving the team whatever it needs. Defense? That's his calling card. The best lock-down defender in the game. Scoring? No problem, double figures at will. Rebounding? Among the best at his position. Passing? Great. Intangibles? Quietly, does so many things that make us unstoppable. Off-court? Endeared himself to LA fans. The most accessible and fan friendly player you can have.
Derek Fisher is the heart and soul of this team- Kobe(Black Mamba)
When we win it, it's going to taste much sweeter knowing I played with the injury- Andrew(Lionheart)
Tomorrow is another opportunity to accomplish great things- Pau(Pauwer)
Ron Artest is the Game 7 MVP- Phil(Zen Master)
Q:Pierce says series isn't coming back to LA? A: [Mean Stare]- Derek(President)
If we don't win the championship, it's my fault- Ron(Tru Warier)
ShaqDieselLaker

Location: Sorry Boston, the championship trophy belongs in LA

Postby CaCHooKa Man on Wed Nov 25, 2009 12:22 am

this pass surprised me
CaCHooKa Man
Human Highlight Reel

Postby karacha on Wed Nov 25, 2009 12:25 am

In a way, Artest on this Laker team is similar to Pau: he passes the ball. He scores when needed without shooting too much. He's efficient, and he plays better defense then Pau while having a weaker post game, obviously. But he has shown that he can do it on both ends of the floor, and if he has to be a #2 or #3 scorer from time to time -- so be it; but if he doesn't have to score, he will happily sacrifice his stats to share the ball with his teammates.

Also, him and Pau have a terrific chemistry right now. They are really looking for each other.
"It's not realistic to get younger and better when you only have the veteran's minimum to offer free agents." :mhihi:

-Troll Kupchak
karacha
CL Global Moderator

Postby gcclaker on Wed Nov 25, 2009 12:29 am

Artest "communicates" with his teammates whether it is 24, Gasol, Bynum, Odom and whoever. He also takes advice when given. He's an odd bird that isn't as bad as advertised. Artest is producing on the floor and having the time of his life off of it here in SoCal.
No siggie...
gcclaker
CL Global Moderator

Postby Center Court on Wed Nov 25, 2009 12:54 am

I cant wait for him to get his first ring...

Dude's a monster. An all around monster. He can shut down opposing stars (yes- better than KB), he can rebound at just a high rate as any other SF in the league, he has a money stroke (even though he is not really as hott as he can and will be), he can create his own offense both in the low post and high post, and most suprising he has terrific court vision/ball handling/passing ability.

Off the court I've never been one to care what a player does. BUT, he's by far the most fun athlete in all of sports to watch off the court. IMO his own competition is Ocho Cinco. He's funny as all hell, down to earth, charismatic, thoughtful, respectful, pretty articulate, and best of all he still brings it on the court in a scary intense manner.

If you think Phil and Kobe aren't loving life with Ron your the crazy one. We already know the Lamar and Ron relationship, but he seems to really be clicking with Drew. On the floor, he and Pau (like Kobe) have tremendous chemistry. From his interactions with players out there, you can tell they all love and respect him. I dont blame them.

I feel bad for the rest of the NBA- once this team is fully clicking and gelling about midway through the season, it's OVER!

Get ready for a few more parades.
Center Court

Postby Weezy on Wed Nov 25, 2009 1:14 am

I never knew Artest was as smart a ball player as he is, probably because he was allowed to just chuck on his other teams. Man does he know the game though, his defense is just smart, he uses his size, he anticipates where the ball will be in the dribbler's hands, it's great. And on offense, he can pass better than I ever knew, he makes it look easy out there, so glad we got this guy.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby therealdeal on Wed Nov 25, 2009 10:00 am

No offense to the people saying we lost out with the Ariza/Artest situation, but Artest is just proving to be so much better. He may not be as explosive or athletic, but man does this guy just impact the game every night with his IQ.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby khmrP on Wed Nov 25, 2009 10:17 am

[quote="therealdeal"]No offense to the people saying we lost out with the Ariza/Artest situation, but Artest is just proving to be so much better. He may not be as explosive or athletic, but man does this guy just impact the game every night with his IQ.[/quote]

those people only look at box score and dont actually watch the games, almost every NON laker fan on other forums thinks that we lost out because Trevor is doing something like 19/5/4 or something like that. But 2 issues I have with Ron, I honestly think he has gotten at least 1 Offensive foul every game when he tries to bully his defender and 2nd WTF is up with his FT shooting, its as bad as Odom.
khmrP

Postby karacha on Wed Nov 25, 2009 10:21 am

Of course, because when you really watch him play, you cannot deny his unselfishness and his ability to really dominate on D most of the time. Maybe not every single time, sooner or later someone will make his life difficult, but for the most part, he works hard and performs well. He has a real impact on the game, much more then, say, Luke had while posting similar numbers from time to time. By looking at the box score you would not see that, but the difference is obvious when you watch the game. And no, this is not a Luke bashing post, because no one really expects him to be as good as Ron. He's able to get some good all-round numbers from time to time but with less impact on the game.
"It's not realistic to get younger and better when you only have the veteran's minimum to offer free agents." :mhihi:

-Troll Kupchak
karacha
CL Global Moderator

Postby Lakerjones on Wed Nov 25, 2009 10:27 am

karacha wrote:In a way, Artest on this Laker team is similar to Pau: he passes the ball. . . .
Also, him and Pau have a terrific chemistry right now. They are really looking for each other.

I had really hoped it would be so and actually I did think it would be the case. Pau and Ron are developing a great chemistry just as Pau did with Odom when he arrived. There's something infectious when you have an excellent, unselfish passer like Pau as your Big. He makes life so much easier and basketball, even in the triangle, becomes much simpler. This is a beautiful team to watch in that regard.

In the third quarter when they had the all Veteran squad of Fish, Kobe, LO, Ron and Pau in they were playing some gorgeous ball - smart passing, unselfish play, getting it to the open man (sometimes with 4-5 passes in a possession), and incredibly efficient shooting. Nice defense as well. That's the money squad right there. I love Bynum's fire so far this year, and of course depending on certain games we will need Bynum's size especially for defense - but for closing out tight games I want that squad in there to end the fourth. The all Vets will get it done.

Ron had a few more turnovers last night than I've seen so far, but it was all through unselfish play - just trying to get the ball to people. He's an extremely smart player. Some very nice three point shooting last night, too. He seems to be getting back into his groove on open shots.
Lakerjones
CL Global Moderator

Postby gcclaker on Wed Nov 25, 2009 11:25 am

Not only does he feed the post well, but Artest's interior passing is also very good. So far he's done an admirable job of driving, drawing the defense and dumping it off to Gasol or Bynum. Artest had a good one to Gasol leading to a dunk in the third quarter last night. He is still a bit hesitant out there keeping himself in check so as not to upset the ball movement and continuity.
No siggie...
gcclaker
CL Global Moderator

Postby kray28 on Wed Nov 25, 2009 11:39 am

Ron is now, on a nightly basis, effectively shutting down the other team's primary scoring option (usually a small forward).

Last Thursday it was Deng, on Sunday it was Durant, and yesterday it was Harrington. Look around the league, and for a majority of teams, a bulk of scoring comes from the SG/SF position. When Ron puts the clamps on that, it has many positive ramifications for us.
kray28

Postby KobeSystemtwofour on Wed Nov 25, 2009 12:44 pm

:bow:
“If somebody had their life on the line, and they’ve got their options on who they want to save their life – tell me who you’re going to pick?” Bryant asked. “You’re going to look at the stats first?”
KobeSystemtwofour

Postby LakerFanIam on Wed Nov 25, 2009 1:14 pm

kray28 wrote:Ron is now, on a nightly basis, effectively shutting down the other team's primary scoring option (usually a small forward).

Last Thursday it was Deng, on Sunday it was Durant, and yesterday it was Harrington. Look around the league, and for a majority of teams, a bulk of scoring comes from the SG/SF position. When Ron puts the clamps on that, it has many positive ramifications for us.

Was Ron guarding Melo??? I tuned out of that game......
LakerFanIam

Postby vaitimeri on Wed Nov 25, 2009 3:32 pm

I love this guy as a Laker, he is a cool dude. My sister twittered him about tickets to the Laker-Mavs game and he gave us some. Cant wait to sit on the floor, hoping to meet him and maybe some of the other Lakers. He also took the time to wish me a happy birthday... Cool cat..
[quote]ThugRaider37

RT @princesscosta: happy birthday @VaitImeri Enjoy it buddy
23 minutes ago from Echofon/quote]
"We're in this together, Phil and me," he said. "I can't imagine looking over there and not seeing him waiting on me." -Kobe
vaitimeri

Postby vaitimeri on Wed Nov 25, 2009 3:33 pm

As a laker fan here is my reply...
[quote]@ThugRaider37 Thanks for the birthday wishes Ron, I appreciate it. Now for my present I want another NBA championship for LA! haha Thanks/quote]
"We're in this together, Phil and me," he said. "I can't imagine looking over there and not seeing him waiting on me." -Kobe
vaitimeri

Postby Lakerman JSJ on Wed Nov 25, 2009 3:36 pm

I'm sure I've posted this before, but I just can't get over what a great passer Ron is. I knew he was a good shooter and defender, but his passing has greatly exceeded any expectations I had of it. Provided he keeps his head on straight, Ron will prove to be a great addition to the squad.
Image <-HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Every time you want to unload on CL about how terrible our Ownership/Front Office is, I want you to step back, take a deep breath and read THIS.
Lakerman JSJ
Clublakers Moderator

Postby Shannon's Girl on Wed Nov 25, 2009 4:25 pm

Lakerman JSJ wrote:I'm sure I've posted this before, but I just can't get over what a great passer Ron is. I knew he was a good shooter and defender, but his passing has greatly exceeded any expectations I had of it. Provided he keeps his head on straight, Ron will prove to be a great addition to the squad.

He IS a good passer :) I've noticed that too! <3
Image Image
Shannon's Girl

Postby karacha on Wed Nov 25, 2009 6:04 pm

LakerFanIam wrote:Was Ron guarding Melo??? I tuned out of that game......

Melo pretty much owned... partly because the refs took Ron out of the game with some non-existent fouls.

-Troll Kupchak
karacha
CL Global Moderator

Postby The Rock on Thu Nov 26, 2009 1:01 am

Does anyone have the video of the segment on Kcal 9 today where Ron's cooking :man10: :man10:

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

PreviousNext

Return to NBA Discussion