MWPeace Discussion: Big Apple Bound

Re: MWPeace Discussion: great McMen article - pg 161

Postby The Rock on Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:19 pm

Armani wrote:
The Rock wrote:^Im interested to see how he does vs Durant Sunday.

Here we go again. :man10:

Isnt that what it comes down to? Can he slow down the other teams best perimeter scorer, someone whom we have to get through in the playoffs?. Im not saying shut Durant down I never said that. But make him work harder, slow him down a little. At least in 1 on 1 situations where he prides himself thats all Im asking

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:20 pm

MWP's defense has been underrated all year. The dude played amazing D again today. It went unseen because everyone seemed to play D today. All of MWP's shots also came from set shots.
I don't always bring down the hammer but when I do it is usually to a troll! Stay TROLL FREE my freinds!
puffyusaf#2
Clublakers Moderator

Postby therealdeal on Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:21 pm

Armani wrote:

Right?

C'mon Rock, just drop the schtick. Seriously.

If Durant scores 30 points, he scores 30 points. It's not any better or worse than anyone can expect.

What you HAVE to expect is that Gasol will come off the bench and dominate inside against inferior competition. And that Howard will use his speed, size, and athleticism to make Perkins irrelevant. And that Nash and Kobe will do an adequate job offensively taking care of the ball, not giving up fast break opportunities.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:21 pm

I am dying at MWP's responses tonight..This dude is off his Meds... I dont think he answered a question with a real answer :man10:
I don't always bring down the hammer but when I do it is usually to a troll! Stay TROLL FREE my freinds!
puffyusaf#2
Clublakers Moderator

Postby Weezy on Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:23 pm

puffyusaf#2 wrote:I am dying at MWP's responses tonight..This dude is off his Meds... I dont think he answered a question with a real answer :man10:

What, basketball's just a simple game, Memphis was a better team Wednesday, Lakers were a better team tonight, it's basketball, it's all just a circle.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby Armani on Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:29 pm

The Rock wrote:
Armani wrote:

Isnt that what it comes down to? Can he slow down the other teams best perimeter scorer, someone whom we have to get through in the playoffs?. Im not saying shut Durant down I never said that. But make him work harder, slow him down a little. At least in 1 on 1 situations where he prides himself thats all Im asking

Sorry, but no. Young Kobe constantly torched prime Bruce Bowen in the playoffs, but that doesn't mean that Bruce Bowen wasn't a great defender. He was.

In order to contain a scorer of that caliber, it has to be a team effort. No one man can do it. We simply don't have the type of elite defensive team synergy/coaching to throw a guy like KD off his usual scoring game. If Durant's on fire tomorrow, there's very little MWP or any of the league's top perimeter defenders can do 1 on 1.
Armani

Postby The Rock on Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:32 pm

Listen this is how I feel...Pau's strengths in the post and in the paint. We were all at the point of no return with him not too long ago but hes had 3 straight fantastic shooting games and we've eased up on him. Same goes for MWP his strength is 1 on 1 defense, thats his forte, thats the matchup he wants ...just like Pau if MWP is getting it done in an area of the game that is specifically his strength then you wont hear any complaints from me. Thats all I have to say on this

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby therealdeal on Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:37 pm

But it's not because Metta has played fantastic defense all season long. In fact the only games in which he has played average defense have been against world class scorers/talents like LeBron, Durant, and Carmelo.

He's also shut down guys like Z. Randolph, tonight against Millsap, against Harden, sometimes against PGs in the league off of switches he can play well defensively.

When he struggles against world class talent you crush him, but when he plays well against the rest of the league you give him a passing "eh" type of answer.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby The Rock on Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:52 pm

Look at Perkins, hes a scrub, he gives like what 2 points 2 rebounds a game Lol I dont know hes barely noticeable when watching OKC games but he has one skill, he can slow down Dwight Howard, he can slow down Gasol, he has one noteable skill against the best post players in the game today going back to when Bynum was around. His presence you could make a case cost that team Harden but they know hes gonna make it hard as hell for our bigs whom they know they gotta get through in the playoffs. Thats how I look at Ron, we have to get through Durant hes the WCF champs after all so Im looking at it that way. Either you're there to help solving the Thunder or you make way for someone else who can contribute in other areas like transition D, 3 point shooting, etc even though they cant play D any better than you can on Durant

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby therealdeal on Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:55 pm

He doesn't do that to Dwight. Dwight has historically dominated Perkins. This season Dwight isn't his usual self, but certainly historically Dwight hasn't ever had a problem with Perkins.

And perimeter defense is light years away from post defense in terms of difficulty. The two really aren't comparable.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Ariza3 on Sat Jan 26, 2013 1:55 pm

“@MettaWorldPeace: Metta World Therapy: Friendship - Ep 4 - The NOC: http://t.co/2Yyj8M7R via @youtube”

interesting subject choice on his newest episode of metta world therapy
Ariza3

Postby Battle Tested20 on Sat Jan 26, 2013 4:09 pm

Ariza3 wrote:
“@MettaWorldPeace: Metta World Therapy: Friendship - Ep 4 - The NOC: http://t.co/2Yyj8M7R via @youtube”

interesting subject choice on his newest episode of metta world therapy

:man10: I loved the advice the girl named Mary Ellen gave. Spot on really, as far as what worked this last game with sharing and passing the ball around.
"I just put my faith in God. Through him we can do all things"
- Kobe Bryant, March 24, 2004
Battle Tested20

Postby The Rock on Sun Jan 27, 2013 4:22 pm

Major props to Ron for his defense tonight. Thast more like it. Need to build on this and continue playing like this

Wish he'd cut down with the dribbling, no good ever comes out of it

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby therealdeal on Sun Jan 27, 2013 4:23 pm

This was one of his worst games of the season offensively. Not just from a production standpoint, but because he frequently stopped the ball and made poor decisions.

His defense was the same as it's been all year long.

Hopefully he plays better moving forward.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby KB24 on Sun Jan 27, 2013 4:32 pm

I hate that Peace is put into the position to even make decisions. He gets entirely too many touches on offense, no question. Who the eff told him its a good idea to put the ball on the floor or make decisions in transition? had his usual fair chunk of wtf moments.

"It is not how big you are, it is how big you play"
"Basketball doesn't build character. It reveals it"
"Be strong in body, clean in mind, lofty in ideals"
KB24
Site Admin

Postby karacha on Sun Jan 27, 2013 5:26 pm

Metta has to realize that he can't really dibble and especially cannot push the ball in the transition.
"It's not realistic to get younger and better when you only have the veteran's minimum to offer free agents." :mhihi:

-Troll Kupchak
karacha
CL Global Moderator

Postby kblo247 on Sun Jan 27, 2013 5:42 pm

He was huge at PF. He showed on every screen and it really threw OKC off to have MWP showing on Russ or ad when Serge set a screen. He also owned with brute strength on the glass. He's our best PF.
kblo247

Postby sina on Sun Jan 27, 2013 5:47 pm

MWP had another incredible game, brilliant!!!
sina

Postby The Original 81 on Sun Jan 27, 2013 6:00 pm

karacha wrote:Metta has to realize that he can't really dibble and especially cannot push the ball in the transition.

Yeah it's almost never a positive result when Metta leads the break, that's my only real complaint with him though. Another great game.
"Let me say one more thing about Kobe. He will be the best player in the history of the game. If he keeps doing what he's doing, there is no stopping him. He is that good." - Shaquille O'Neal in his autobiography, "Shaq Talks Back"
The Original 81

Postby lakersin4 on Sun Jan 27, 2013 6:04 pm

Another great game from Ron.
lakersin4

Postby dwighthowardsdad on Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:00 am

Metta World Peace says the Lakers have a chance to make "world history" ...

"It’s a fact that we got a chance to make world history here," World Peace said after the Lakers won their second game in a row by beating the Thunder to improve to 19-25. "We got a great situation. We got a chance to make history. This is a beautiful situation to be in, the situation we’re in. This is beautiful."

http://sulia.com/channel/la-lakers/f/94 ... ce=twitter
dwighthowardsdad

Postby CaCHooKa Man on Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:07 am

metta on the break

CaCHooKa Man
Human Highlight Reel

Postby charvin on Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:24 am

He needs to visit his psychologist again. Even cameras caught him swearing and him slapping himself on the head for making a not so smart move.

You know where you went wrong, yet you continue to do it :man10:

karacha wrote:Metta has to realize that he can't really dibble and especially cannot push the ball in the transition.
Last edited by charvin on Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
charvin

Postby KB24 on Mon Jan 28, 2013 4:59 am

dwighthowardsdad wrote:

"It’s a fact that we got a chance to make world history here," World Peace said after the Lakers won their second game in a row by beating the Thunder to improve to 19-25. "We got a great situation. We got a chance to make history. This is a beautiful situation to be in, the situation we’re in. This is beautiful."

only a dumb person would rather be 19-25 than 34-10. They have to make it a challenge but this is a terrible situation to be in where you cannot rest anybody and have to keep going strong.

Also this is history nobody cares about. Nobody is going to cheer Howard, Nash, Kobe, Gasol "coming back" to make the playoffs...it is already the most spectecular flop in recent professional sports history. Only the championship would redeem their season.

"It is not how big you are, it is how big you play"
"Basketball doesn't build character. It reveals it"
"Be strong in body, clean in mind, lofty in ideals"
KB24
Site Admin

Postby MC on Mon Jan 28, 2013 5:06 am

KB24 wrote:
dwighthowardsdad wrote:

only a dumb person would rather be 19-25 than 34-10. They have to make it a challenge but this is a terrible situation to be in where you cannot rest anybody and have to keep going strong.

Also this is history nobody cares about. Nobody is going to cheer Howard, Nash, Kobe, Gasol "coming back" to make the playoffs...it is already the most spectacular flop in recent professional sports history. Only the championship would redeem their season.

I know what you are getting at here but I disagree.............. if this team turns things around, makes the playoffs and makes the WCF or loses a hard fought second round series with a legit contender than I think it would be successful considering all things......... this team would gain a lot of momentum leading into next year if that was the case..............

Even at the start of the season I thought WCF and a tough hard fought series would be enough to call this successful with the idea that next year would be the real year this team would be in position to go after the title as a cohesive unit. Now that the season is where it is the bar must be adjusted with the thought of next year and momentum in mind..........
"If the wolf is the strength of the pack, the pack is the strength of the wolf"
MC

PreviousNext

Return to NBA Discussion