MWPeace Discussion: Big Apple Bound

Re: MWPeace Discussion: suspended 1 game without pay

Postby KareemTheGreat33 on Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:31 am

Pig Miller wrote:looking forward to artest shutting down pierce on thursday night.

Or punching him on the face, either way, I'm good.
"Allons-y Lakers!"
KareemTheGreat33

Postby Doc Brown on Wed Feb 06, 2013 2:10 pm

MDA should just put him at Center. There is only a handful of centers in the league that are actually cringe worthy when we go up against them without Pau/D12.
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby karacha on Wed Feb 06, 2013 2:18 pm

Doc Brown wrote:MDA should just put him at Center. There is only a handful of centers in the league that are actually cringe worthy when we go up against them without Pau/D12.

On the surface, this is a pretty decent idea. Metta is strong and can box out most centers and push them around. However, keep in mind that this "rejuvenated" MWP has a 15-inch vertical (at best) and would not be able to get many boards.
"It's not realistic to get younger and better when you only have the veteran's minimum to offer free agents." :mhihi:

-Troll Kupchak
karacha
CL Global Moderator

Postby therealdeal on Wed Feb 06, 2013 2:28 pm

karacha wrote:
Doc Brown wrote:MDA should just put him at Center. There is only a handful of centers in the league that are actually cringe worthy when we go up against them without Pau/D12.

On the surface, this is a pretty decent idea. Metta is strong and can box out most centers and push them around. However, keep in mind that this "rejuvenated" MWP has a 15-inch vertical (at best) and would not be able to get many boards.

I'd do it against Boston if Howard isn't a go. All he's got to do is box out the 6'10" 115-pound 36 year old Garnett right? :man10:
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby The Rock on Wed Feb 06, 2013 2:29 pm

We need him vs Pierce. Sacre or Jamison should do just fine at C vs Boston

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby Doc Brown on Wed Feb 06, 2013 2:41 pm

karacha wrote:

We don't have any other options besides Sacre right now. Rebounding is going to have to be a team effort from here on out, until D12 gets back. MWP can box out and it's up to the other guys to crash the boards.
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby Ariza3 on Thu Feb 07, 2013 3:21 am

better step up big on defense and offense now that he'll be playing more 4 with paus absence. its him jamison and clark that have to step up big. metta cant be the offense stopper that hes been lately. hes been chucking and stopping the ball movement. pau being gone takes away alot of passing and ballmovement and metta cant make it worse. hope he steps up and does what he should not what he necessarily wants to do. team ball from everyone on both ends and play together like they have been. dwight has to come back too...gotta play through the pain for the team. that'll inspire everyone im sure
Ariza3

Postby Ariza3 on Thu Feb 07, 2013 3:21 am

better step up big on defense and offense now that he'll be playing more 4 with paus absence. its him jamison and clark that have to step up big. metta cant be the offense stopper that hes been lately. hes been chucking and stopping the ball movement. pau being gone takes away alot of passing and ballmovement and metta cant make it worse. hope he steps up and does what he should not what he necessarily wants to do. team ball from everyone on both ends and play together like they have been. dwight has to come back too...gotta play through the pain for the team. that'll inspire everyone im sure
Ariza3

Postby wcsoldier81 on Thu Feb 07, 2013 5:29 am

Pierce only had 3 games above 20 ( and threes game above 50% shooting) in 13 contests against us since Metta is a Laker ... it better not change tonight

18 pts on 44% shooting during the Finals
17.5 pts on 41.6% from the field in the 6 regular season games
wcsoldier81

Postby dwighthowardsdad on Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:40 am

I'm glad he's playing today. We got killed on the offensive glass in Brooklyn. He can also guard the 3&4 position; maybe even the 5 at times if Dwight plays or not...
dwighthowardsdad

Postby khmrP on Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:59 am

put him on KG! :man10:
khmrP

Postby bfc1125roy on Thu Feb 07, 2013 7:57 pm

I see MWP is doing an amazing job of "bringing it" tonight.
bfc1125roy

Postby Balance&Options24 on Thu Feb 07, 2013 7:59 pm

He should have got suspended this game.
If you want to be a hero, you gotta take hero shots -R. Miller
Balance&Options24

Postby The Rock on Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:05 pm

I told you guys his defense has been poop all year. Pierce light him up like a Christmas tree tonight. 2 for 13 on offense ugh. Him and Howard destroyed all the rhythm we had the last 4 games on offense

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby khmrP on Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:08 pm

there is no way this guy is a legit basketball player.......as I said in GD thread he looks like a "special need" person who just accidently ran onto the court :man10:
Last edited by khmrP on Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
khmrP

Postby borri on Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:15 pm

This is like Ron of last year. Awful. Just plain awful.
borri

Postby Weezy on Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:23 pm

The Rock wrote:I told you guys his defense has been poop all year. Pierce light him up like a Christmas tree tonight. 2 for 13 on offense ugh. Him and Howard destroyed all the rhythm we had the last 4 games on offense

I don't agree that his defense has been 'poop' all year, his offense has, but his defense has been as good as ever all season if you ask me.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby noobiew on Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:41 pm

Can't even stay in front and guard an old fat Pierce tonight ! :bang:
Michael Jordan : "My Chicago team are the all-time greatest"
Magic Johnson : "Put me with Kareem, James Worthy, Cooper and Byron Scott, and we'd dominate your Bulls team"
noobiew

Postby borri on Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:42 pm

Where's that damn deer antler spray at?
borri

Postby dwighthowardsdad on Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:44 pm

If you can move him & his contract in the summer, do it.
dwighthowardsdad

Postby trodgers on Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:44 pm

Weezy, I think Metta's D has really faded the past few games in particular and generally for more games than that. When he's not hitting threes, he really can't be on the court when he plays like he did tonight. That was amazingly bad.
twitter.com/lakersballtweet lakersball.com
trodgers
Site Manager

Postby Weezy on Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:48 pm

trodgers wrote:Weezy, I think Metta's D has really faded the past few games in particular and generally for more games than that. When he's not hitting threes, he really can't be on the court when he plays like he did tonight. That was amazingly bad.

Well yeah, his defense has been worse than it was to start the season in recent games, I didn't mean it was still good right now. I just meant compared to last season and still overall this season I think it has been very good. He's had a lot of games this season with some awesome defensive stops, crazy steals, games where he shut down some very good players, his effort has been there his offense has just been terrible. At one point no less than a few weeks ago people were saying he was our most consistent player as far as defense and effort goes the entire season.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby trodgers on Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:50 pm

I think we agree. His D was much better at the start of the season than it was for 90% of last year.
twitter.com/lakersballtweet lakersball.com
trodgers
Site Manager

Postby Finwë on Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:09 pm

Metta's impact on D is completely neutralized with a simple screen. That's the problem. He can guard guys on the block / 1 on 1 like Melo or Pierce on ISO, but as soon as a big sets a screen on him he's no longer impactful on the play.
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
Finwë

Postby JoelMyersScrotalSack on Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:26 pm

I wish there was a way to get this guy off our team. Just brick after brick with this clown.
JoelMyersScrotalSack

PreviousNext

Return to NBA Discussion