MWPeace Discussion: Big Apple Bound

Re: MWPeace Discussion: now bench 4 & 3

Postby khmrP on Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:45 am

therealdeal wrote:
khmrP wrote:7pts a game is talented these days? and check out the talented Henderson tonight against a medicore team like Pho, 2-9, 4pts, incredible talent there...I guess if these "talents" are dropping these types of production on Kobe's watch, I wonder what true talents like Thompson is gona do.

Those guys are also capable of dropping 20 point games if and when they're given the opportunity. Martin being the least among them. Being talented doesn't mean you're going to do something every single night. I never claimed that, you're the only one drawing outlandish conclusions based on something I'm saying.

I never claimed these were great players or great scorers. They're talented players who can get hot when called upon. Like J.R. Smith or Nick Young. Would you call either of those guys great? No, but they're very talented. They're probably a step above the names I mentioned, but that doesn't mean the guys I mentioned (really that you mentioned) AREN'T talented. In fact, I'd take any of those guys on this team in a heart beat.

And Henderson played less than 20 minutes, so big surprise that he didn't put up huge numbers.

By the way, try responding to a post with something OTHER than sarcasm. Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit and should be used sparingly.

is quite EASY to get hot when you're consistently wide open.....I buy the fact Kobe can't stay in front of his man just like the other guys in Duhon/Peace but that doesn't mean he should continously leave his man open to go into the paint and help for whatever reason he is doing that, this is the one frustrating theme I always seen out of him. Is that some how every game almost, his man is wide open for a 3 but he's in the paint "helping" the big out :freak2:
Last edited by khmrP on Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
khmrP

Postby therealdeal on Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:55 am

I don't disagree with anything you said, all that I'm saying is that Kobe has been better in the last two games than he has the rest of the season. That doesn't mean he's been great or even good, he's been adequate.

For instance: if he were put in the same position against San Antonio as he was earlier this season, I don't think he would have let Danny Green get a wide open look.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Lakerjones on Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:19 am

432J wrote:
davriver290 wrote:Why hasn't Jamison gotten any PT?

because we have a complete moron as head coach

+1. Here's the thing. I hated the Antoni hire just like I hated the Brown hire. Bad fit - anyone seemingly except our FO could see that.

Nonetheless I have been trying to give the guy a chance. I have. I've been saying since day one, let's wait until he gets back Nash and later Pau as well, and let's give it a month or so to see what's going on before we try anything drastic like sending Pau out for peanuts.

Now instead of just doing that, Antoni is mouthing off in the media about doing all these stupid things - Pau is going to be a three point shooter, WMP is going to be a bench 4, Meeks is going to start at 2, Kobe at three, plus Jamison and Hill are now getting the Mike Brown GLOCK treatment with a semi-permanent benching.

:bang: :bang: :bang:

Why doesn't the guy stop shooting himself in the foot and just try playing his all star team starters together beginning with Nash's return on Saturday. Is that so freaking hard?

There is no reason to try a bunch of crazy stuff right now. Play the starters as starters and substitute in the bench guys as appropriate. We all know that Jamison is a capable player. So is Hill. Use them for what they are good at.

We tried Ron off the bench last year. FAIL. Doesn't this guy learn anything from the last guy who got fired? It's not a good idea. It's been tried and found wanting.
Lakerjones
CL Global Moderator

Postby Greatest of All Time on Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:27 am

I never really paid much attention or gave much thought to the whole beef between Pringles and Carmela. I thought Carmela was just a cancer/coach killer but I kind of admire that he had the balls to recognize how incompetent this clown is and force him out. Sadly, I don't think anyone on this team will do it. Kobe Bryant is too loyal. Jimbo would trade Pau over Pringles to save face. It has to be Dwight.
Greatest of All Time

Postby easyguy on Thu Dec 20, 2012 1:31 pm

Kobe is the leader of the team, the team feed off of what they see. On offense, they see him shooting a lot. So they stand around and watch, because they know the ball isn't coming to them once Kobe have his mind set to go 1 on 3.(I know, I know, they should work hard without the ball, but these are NBA stars, they have huge egos, so when their egos aren't being stroked, they will pout) On defense, they see him running around like he is the safety position in the NFL, so why play D when your leader isn't?

EVEN if your team isn't playing well or making basket, you lose as a team and not lose and be the only guy who scored a bunch.
easyguy

Re: MWPeace Discussion: 12k pts, 4k rbs, 1.5k stls, 1k threes!!!

Postby kobe_mamba on Thu Dec 20, 2012 4:32 pm

Greatest of All Time wrote:I guess I'm ok with Ron Artest as the backup 4. He's still going to get 30+ minutes and he stays aggressive. Now Pau Gasol as a 6th man was just one of the most utterly ridiculous, short-sighted suggestions I've seen this year. Almost as ridiculous as having Pau Gasol shoot corner 3s.

Thanks for your well-rounded and detailed explanation of your reasoning behind your strongly-held opinion of Pau being a 6th man on this team being the most utterly ridiculous, etc...blah, blah, etc
ESPN/ABC Commentator, GSW Coach and NBA Legend Mark Jackson on Kobe Bryant
'No disrespect to Kyra Sedgwick, but damn he is The Closer'
'Mamma, there goes that man'
kobe_mamba

Postby odom1year on Fri Dec 21, 2012 7:23 pm

When MWP is mad, Kobe will be completely ignored.

odom1year

Postby Scnottaken on Fri Dec 21, 2012 8:22 pm

odom1year wrote:When MWP is mad, Kobe will be completely ignored.

And when Kobe is completely ignored. . . they go 0-5? How does this prove your argument again?
I want to hear "Beat LA" chants at a Clipper vs Laker game
Scnottaken

Postby LTLakerFan on Fri Dec 21, 2012 8:23 pm

^^^Amazing.....how did I know seeing his name before even opening his post there would be a connection to something negative about Kobe? Amazing. :bricks:
LTLakerFan

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Fri Dec 21, 2012 8:30 pm

Yes MWP, you go and ignore Kobe and attack like you want too. That'll show Kobe the ball hog who doesn't know how to lead a team to victories.
For what it's worth, the Lakers also clinched the Pacific Division, an achievement Bryant dismissed by saying "We don't hang divisions." No, only the big NBA championship banners are considered wall-worthy for the Lakers.
puffyusaf#2

Postby wcsoldier81 on Sun Dec 23, 2012 12:37 am

No love for Metta tonight ? He was our best player on the floor
wcsoldier81

Postby Weezy on Sun Dec 23, 2012 12:42 am

wcsoldier81 wrote:No love for Metta tonight ? He was our best player on the floor

I guess he got most of his 'love' in the Hero/Zero thread, but yeah he deserves more. He's been our most consistent player on both ends of the floor this year if you ask me. His shot hasn't fallen every game, but his defensive effort has always been there. On offense he's shown some nice post moves as well, gotten a lot of layups this season.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby Ariza3 on Sun Dec 23, 2012 12:52 am

honestly and amazing game from him. he single handedly brought our team back whether it was scoring or his overall energy.

20 points (7/13 FG 3/6 3PT) 5rbs 3ast 1stl 1blk 1to 0PF?!?!

hero of the game with all that and that CLUTCH 3 in the end
Ariza3

Postby odom1year on Sun Dec 23, 2012 12:58 am

Scnottaken wrote:
odom1year wrote:When MWP is mad, Kobe will be completely ignored.

And when Kobe is completely ignored. . . they go 0-5? How does this prove your argument again?

I just felt MWP is mad about the bench role. Just that simple. He is playing out of mind.
odom1year

Postby 432J on Sun Dec 23, 2012 1:12 am

another amazing performance by ron
:bow:

he's the MVP of this team, without him im sure they'd be 3-23
432J

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Sun Dec 23, 2012 1:13 am

MWP continues to play this way he will win 6th man of the Year.... Dude is straight ballin :bow:
For what it's worth, the Lakers also clinched the Pacific Division, an achievement Bryant dismissed by saying "We don't hang divisions." No, only the big NBA championship banners are considered wall-worthy for the Lakers.
puffyusaf#2

Postby LakerFan1235 on Sun Dec 23, 2012 1:18 am

Loved his game. This guy truly does bring it every night.
Every time I begin to ask, "Is he really as great as I think he is?" ...He proves that he is.
Every time I begin to wonder...He proves it...That is why I won't lose hope in him.
You know who I am talking about.
LakerFan1235

Postby Phil XI on Sun Dec 23, 2012 6:37 am

:jam2: He's back to the Psycho Ron level
Get 17!!
Phil XI

Location: Thanks Ron for Gm7! You'll always be a Laker Legend!

Postby therealdeal on Sun Dec 23, 2012 11:33 am

Man I love this guy when he's going. It's just awesome.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Finwë on Sun Dec 23, 2012 12:45 pm

Brilliant effort
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
Finwë

Postby LTLakerFan on Sun Dec 23, 2012 1:35 pm

Others have said it. But when he steps into a 3 now you're going "yeah" with good expectations. It was awesome watching him hold his ground at the least and flat out move the bigger GSW's forwards around. So Strong.

:man10: :bow: :shaq:
LTLakerFan

Postby Helljumper on Sun Dec 23, 2012 3:49 pm

After the game, John Ireland asked him if he was happy with the win/how well he's playing. He said he doesn't know what "happy" means when it comes to basketball, all he knows is focus.

I love this guy.
Helljumper

Postby jadej2 on Sun Dec 23, 2012 4:03 pm

Lakerjones wrote:
432J wrote:
davriver290 wrote:Why hasn't Jamison gotten any PT?

because we have a complete moron as head coach

+1. Here's the thing. I hated the Antoni hire just like I hated the Brown hire. Bad fit - anyone seemingly except our FO could see that.

Nonetheless I have been trying to give the guy a chance. I have. I've been saying since day one, let's wait until he gets back Nash and later Pau as well, and let's give it a month or so to see what's going on before we try anything drastic like sending Pau out for peanuts.

Now instead of just doing that, Antoni is mouthing off in the media about doing all these stupid things - Pau is going to be a three point shooter, WMP is going to be a bench 4, Meeks is going to start at 2, Kobe at three, plus Jamison and Hill are now getting the Mike Brown GLOCK treatment with a semi-permanent benching.

:bang: :bang: :bang:

Why doesn't the guy stop shooting himself in the foot and just try playing his all star team starters together beginning with Nash's return on Saturday. Is that so freaking hard?

There is no reason to try a bunch of crazy stuff right now. Play the starters as starters and substitute in the bench guys as appropriate. We all know that Jamison is a capable player. So is Hill. Use them for what they are good at.

We tried Ron off the bench last year. FAIL. Doesn't this guy learn anything from the last guy who got fired? It's not a good idea. It's been tried and found wanting.

It worked on Saturday night vs Golden State. So your theory about Ron went down the toilet. Also Antoni 1, and you 0.
jadej2

Postby Ariza3 on Sun Dec 23, 2012 4:29 pm

dantoni is smart is changing the player's postions a bit bc EVERY elite team in the league is playing smaller and lakers havent changed their "twin tower" game in a long time and it hasnt been working past few seasons. we have to evolve as a team and change to match what direction the league is going in. a 3 guard lineup with metta at the 4 and dwight/pau at the 5 is exactly what we need to do.

now with that its dantoni's job to make sure guys like hill jamison and meeks get serious playing time. hes done well towards meeks (who has earned it) and now he has to play hill more (even if dwight or pau is not in foul trouble) thats whats next. finding minutes for hill bc hes amazing for our bench. and lastly he needs to find playing time for jamison who has been left out, partly his fault bc of his terrible play the last few games putting up donuts essentially. meeks and hill have earned their minutes i think and jamison when given a chance needs to prove himself with this team. it sucks bc hes had an amazing career and shouldnt have to but he does now. Morris may suck sometimes but hes earned minutes with his effort and energy on D and ability to somehow get better every game so far...shooting sometimes isnt there but hes looking to attack more and is doing well i think.

metta on the bench isnt really on the bench bc other than the first 6 minutes hes playing as a starter. he just gets to work bench units for a few minutes and get early points by being aggressive on both ends. hes a true professional and teammate. love his play so far as a 4 off the bench, most consistent player so far.
Ariza3

Postby D.B. Cooper on Sun Dec 23, 2012 5:12 pm

He's our stretch 4 we've been looking for. :man1:
D.B. Cooper

PreviousNext

Return to NBA Discussion