NBA Finals: Spurs vs Heat

Re: NBA Finals: Spurs vs Heat

Postby Snake Eyes on Fri Jun 21, 2013 12:02 am

GNC wrote:
wcsoldier81 wrote:Parker was a non factor , Green didn't play within himself , Manu hit some big shots but three costly TOs down the stretch ... only Duncan and Leonard can be "satisfied" with their game ...

Game stays closer than it should have thanks to Chalmers and Miller bricking open threes ... Miami was clearly the better team in this game , defense was impressive

I know it worked until then and it's "pick your poison" situation but the space Spurs gave James on his jumpshots is ridiculous ... he's a professional player , the 5 threes he hit were practice shots .

He came up big in this game , Wade too ... and I hate freaking Shame Battier

Battier is up there with Ray Allen.. cannot believe he got another ring :hurl:

I apparently missed the train on the Battier hate. Before Battier went to Miami he was thought of highly. He was always a role player, so I don't see his signing a minimum contract with the Heat as a big deal (even though he was rumored to be considering the Lakers) so that can't be it. What am I missing here?
Snake Eyes

Postby Heavier Than Heaven on Fri Jun 21, 2013 12:07 am

All this game did is emphasize what a disaster Game 6 was. Leonard his both free throws and the Heat would've been out.
BUCK FOSTON

Thanks to Mookie for Avy!
Heavier Than Heaven

Postby Scnottaken on Fri Jun 21, 2013 12:10 am

puffyusaf#2 wrote:
Ring It Up wrote:Let me simplify this. Who won championship? I didn't see you on this site picking apart Kobe's performances in the Finals in which the Lakers won. I didn't see you nitpicking Kobe's game 7 performance in the 2010 Finals, a game which the Lakers won. So based on your logic, its fine to dig in Kobe's Finals numbers, which would surprise a lot of people, and downplay the fact his team won and point a finger at his questionable performances in the Finals?

you are absolutely right I didnt pick a part Kobe's performance......the media was akready doing it. His game was being shredded before the final buzzer. For the record I later did talk extensively about Kobes game 7 in which Boston made it a point to make everyone else beat them and not kobe. Are you denying the fact that even today Kobe's games are picked a part? Why is the supposed top 5 ever at 28 yrs old not worthy of it? Again, you have issue with what I said but havent shown why. You want to pick a part Kobe's or anyone elses game go for it I stand by my positions plain and simple. Lebron was below average in pretty much the whole Finals except for a spurt in game 6 and his overall game in game 7. I guess you would prefer if we all hailed to the King and his amazingness but that just isnt my game. to put it simple.

To quote some when they criticize Kobe, "we're not being homers, we're just keeping it real" (no offense, real)
I want to hear "Beat LA" chants at a Clipper vs Laker game
Scnottaken

Postby V.V.V.V.V. on Fri Jun 21, 2013 12:16 am

Kobe didn't have a great game 7 scoring-wise, but he had a great game anyway, with 15 rebounds, and he still co-closed the game with Ron. Also, Kobe had a great series, unlike LeBron who seemed to give up in a couple of the losses.

I was just watching the Espn panel discuss LeBron's legacy, and every single one of them was careful with his words. No one said he was the greatest ever, and Rose and Simmons put him hesitantly in the top 12-13 of all time. They said he'll move up in the rankings with some more titles. I can agree with that.

I still think that three-peating next year has about a 10% chance. These guys look washed up and run into the ground. They were lucky that SA folded.
Vi Veri Vniversum Vivus Vici
V.V.V.V.V.

Postby V.V.V.V.V. on Fri Jun 21, 2013 12:18 am

Snake Eyes wrote:
GNC wrote:
wcsoldier81 wrote:Parker was a non factor , Green didn't play within himself , Manu hit some big shots but three costly TOs down the stretch ... only Duncan and Leonard can be "satisfied" with their game ...

Game stays closer than it should have thanks to Chalmers and Miller bricking open threes ... Miami was clearly the better team in this game , defense was impressive

I know it worked until then and it's "pick your poison" situation but the space Spurs gave James on his jumpshots is ridiculous ... he's a professional player , the 5 threes he hit were practice shots .

He came up big in this game , Wade too ... and I hate freaking Shame Battier

Battier is up there with Ray Allen.. cannot believe he got another ring :hurl:

I apparently missed the train on the Battier hate. Before Battier went to Miami he was thought of highly. He was always a role player, so I don't see his signing a minimum contract with the Heat as a big deal (even though he was rumored to be considering the Lakers) so that can't be it. What am I missing here?

Never hated Battier until he started face-guarding Kobe in the playoffs. I've always considered that to be dirty, and it's not legal as far as I know.
Vi Veri Vniversum Vivus Vici
V.V.V.V.V.

Postby Ring It Up on Fri Jun 21, 2013 1:21 am

puffyusaf#2 wrote:
Ring It Up wrote:Let me simplify this. Who won championship? I didn't see you on this site picking apart Kobe's performances in the Finals in which the Lakers won. I didn't see you nitpicking Kobe's game 7 performance in the 2010 Finals, a game which the Lakers won. So based on your logic, its fine to dig in Kobe's Finals numbers, which would surprise a lot of people, and downplay the fact his team won and point a finger at his questionable performances in the Finals?

you are absolutely right I didnt pick a part Kobe's performance......the media was akready doing it. His game was being shredded before the final buzzer. For the record I later did talk extensively about Kobes game 7 in which Boston made it a point to make everyone else beat them and not kobe. Are you denying the fact that even today Kobe's games are picked a part? Why is the supposed top 5 ever at 28 yrs old not worthy of it? Again, you have issue with what I said but havent shown why. You want to pick a part Kobe's or anyone elses game go for it I stand by my positions plain and simple. Lebron was below average in pretty much the whole Finals except for a spurt in game 6 and his overall game in game 7. I guess you would prefer if we all hailed to the King and his amazingness but that just isnt my game. to put it simple.

Where did I call him top 5? That was someone else. I NEVER said that or agreed with it. The man just lead his team to a title. 33 points 11 boards on 60% shooting in game 4. Whats your idea of average? He didn't have a GREAT finals but he did enough for his team to win. I'm not asking anyone to hail to anything. But I don't think you win 2 titles and 2 Finals MVP by being below average.

Kobe put up 28.6ppg 40.5%FG 32%3PP 4APG 8RPG 2SPG 4TOP in the 2010 Finals. Using your standards Kobe was below average except for 3 games, two of which were losses.

For comparison James 25.3ppg 44.7%FG 35%3PP 7APG 11RPG 2SPG 2.6TOP in the 2010 Finals.

Both players IMHO did enough for their teams to win. Both players and teams proved to be champions. Both players were Finals MVPs. I see him for what he is. A great basketball player just like Kobe.
How do I know Jesus loves me so much he doesn't want me working the whole weekend?
Exodus 31:15 Six days shall work be done, but the seventh day is a Sabbath of solemn rest, holy to the Lord. Whoever does any work on the Sabbath day shall be put to death.
Don't believe those lies, son! The only lies worth believing are the ones in the Bible! Can I get an amen?
Ring It Up

Postby Scnottaken on Fri Jun 21, 2013 2:59 am

Ring It Up wrote:
puffyusaf#2 wrote:

Where did I call him top 5? That was someone else. I NEVER said that or agreed with it. The man just lead his team to a title. 33 points 11 boards on 60% shooting in game 4. Whats your idea of average? He didn't have a GREAT finals but he did enough for his team to win. I'm not asking anyone to hail to anything. But I don't think you win 2 titles and 2 Finals MVP by being below average.

Kobe put up 28.6ppg 40.5%FG 32%3PP 4APG 8RPG 2SPG 4TOP in the 2010 Finals. Using your standards Kobe was below average except for 3 games, two of which were losses.

For comparison James 25.3ppg 44.7%FG 35%3PP 7APG 11RPG 2SPG 2.6TOP in the 2010 Finals.

Both players IMHO did enough for their teams to win. Both players and teams proved to be champions. Both players were Finals MVPs. I see him for what he is. A great basketball player just like Kobe.

I think you just inadventantly proved Puffy's point. I think his point all along was that people treat LeBron like they do Kobe, or any all time great, which is to call him out when he's played badly for his standards. In fact, a quick google search of "NBA finals 2010 Kobe" reveals MANY people were/are VERY salty at Kobe for that series. Of course, they were two different series, which is clearly evident if you watch them. Kobe didn't shoot particularly well that finals, in fact no one did. Hell, only 3 people averaged .500 FG% or above. That series was a grind it out, defensive series, where both teams didn't score over 100 pts in any game, and two games in which either team scored over 100. Compare that to this series, where. . . well the defense wasn't the focus. What may seem like "hating' is merely a call for equality in the sport and the way it's broadcast.
I want to hear "Beat LA" chants at a Clipper vs Laker game
Scnottaken

Postby juninho on Fri Jun 21, 2013 6:22 am

I dunno why ppl think that this was duncan's last chance. With splitter and manu gone they will have more than enough space (18 mil) to bring better players than those two. If parker and duncan keeps this form, green and kawhi improves and with the right fa moves tbh they will be the favs.
juninho

Postby v1n5anity on Fri Jun 21, 2013 7:26 am

This is f*****g depressing. I still can't get over that game 6 choke by the Spurs. The championship was theirs :disagree:
v1n5anity

Postby denimPortugal on Fri Jun 21, 2013 7:35 am

Sad days! Time to hibernate!
denimPortugal

Postby KJ MonK on Fri Jun 21, 2013 8:47 am

juninho wrote:I dunno why ppl think that this was duncan's last chance. With splitter and manu gone they will have more than enough space (18 mil) to bring better players than those two. If parker and duncan keeps this form, green and kawhi improves and with the right fa moves tbh they will be the favs.

i wonder if they will pursue & try to turn around a Monta Ellis? he was due like 11 mil this year
@KJ_MonK

“Some time ago, talking to some people, they wanted a bonus if the Lakers made the playoffs. I said, `Bonus? If we don’t make the playoffs, you don’t work here anymore.”’
- Jerry Buss
"I know I can score 20 or 30 points anytime I want," Vujacic said.
KJ MonK

Postby thkthebest on Fri Jun 21, 2013 8:59 am

I think they'd go after a guy like Iggy before Monta.
My signature
thkthebest

Postby wcsoldier81 on Fri Jun 21, 2013 9:28 am

West is wide open since Harden left OKC , SAS is in good shape ... I think the main question is whether or not Duncan will be able to replicate his 2012-2013 performance ....

They can add a Iggy or maybe a Jack at the backup PG to an already solid squad .

ps : what's the obssession with Monta Ellis :man10: ... not a player who will have a positive impact during the playoffs
wcsoldier81

Postby Forklift on Fri Jun 21, 2013 9:55 am

v1n5anity wrote:This is f*****g depressing. I still can't get over that game 6 choke by the Spurs. The championship was theirs :disagree:

after that lost i knew heat was going to win game 7
Forklift

Postby Doc Brown on Fri Jun 21, 2013 9:59 am

Does Stephen Jackson change this series at all if they didn't let him go?
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby gcclaker on Fri Jun 21, 2013 10:05 am

A little cheer for ya'll...

Nor can the Lakers get blamed for always making the right decisions over decades. At some point its not just luck or "gamble", its superior management and superior ownership.
gcclaker
CL Global Moderator

Postby wcsoldier81 on Fri Jun 21, 2013 10:17 am

Doc Brown wrote:Does Stephen Jackson change this series at all if they didn't let him go?

Jackson could have been a nice alternative to Green in Game 6 and Game 7 ... but that's a big IF

SAS can improve their backup at the PG and C positions .... Parker and Duncan sitting at the same time hurt them during the series
wcsoldier81

Postby juninho on Fri Jun 21, 2013 10:21 am

KJ MonK wrote:
juninho wrote:I dunno why ppl think that this was duncan's last chance. With splitter and manu gone they will have more than enough space (18 mil) to bring better players than those two. If parker and duncan keeps this form, green and kawhi improves and with the right fa moves tbh they will be the favs.

i wonder if they will pursue & try to turn around a Monta Ellis? he was due like 11 mil this year

Green and Neal are ok. They need to spend for a big rather than a sg. They can go after pekovic,al jeff and maybe even bynum. If they decide to use duncan as a center than they can go after josh smith, milsapp and jj hickson.

Maybe sth like this;

10 mil x 3 years for Bynum, 8 mil for JJ hickson as an insurance to Bynum. They can resign Manu for one year with room exception (2.7 mil)

Parker/Joseph
Green/Neal
Kawhi/Manu
Duncan/Hickson
Bynum/Booner

If Bynum goes down Hickson becomes 2nd big and duncan becomes the main center and they can sign a backup center. If Bynum stays healthy then they are unstoppable.
Last edited by juninho on Fri Jun 21, 2013 10:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
juninho

Postby The Rock on Fri Jun 21, 2013 10:28 am

Hate hate hateeee that Lebron won but Im glad Duncan/Spurs didnt equal our 5. Choked big time lol he got single covered all game by Bosh and just couldn't punish him, especially late in the game whne he blew a gimme layup.

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby The Rock on Fri Jun 21, 2013 10:28 am

Doc Brown wrote:Does Stephen Jackson change this series at all if they didn't let him go?

good point

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby The Rock on Fri Jun 21, 2013 10:34 am

I hope Duncan doesn't get off the hook for his years after his 07 title...this is now 3 straight years with home court advantage and his team hasn't won

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby Weezy on Fri Jun 21, 2013 10:44 am

What's even worse than LeBron having 2 rings to me is Wade having 3. :hurl: Now he's going to move up the list of SGs because of that when he had a petty bad playoffs all because he joined with LeBron . Same with Bosh, he better not be climbing the PF greats list because of having rings, there's a few guys without rings that would destroy him, especially one, Karl Malone. I wouldn't say Bosh in even on KG's level with his one ring, or Pau when in his prime he was the #2 option.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby gcclaker on Fri Jun 21, 2013 10:52 am

Jackson's gutsy shotmaking would have helped but his lack of athleticism at his age would have offset that if he had to check James. I thought those attempted treys by Green and Leonard were ill-advised at the time. They should have given it to Duncan and let him operate down low.
Nor can the Lakers get blamed for always making the right decisions over decades. At some point its not just luck or "gamble", its superior management and superior ownership.
gcclaker
CL Global Moderator

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:01 am

Scnottaken wrote:
puffyusaf#2 wrote:

To quote some when they criticize Kobe, "we're not being homers, we're just keeping it real" (no offense, real)

It isn't even that some of the hate Lebron gets is over the top. Hell most people here that do it actually admit it. Kobe on the other hand gets hated no matter what he does.
For what it's worth, the Lakers also clinched the Pacific Division, an achievement Bryant dismissed by saying "We don't hang divisions." No, only the big NBA championship banners are considered wall-worthy for the Lakers.
puffyusaf#2

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:41 am

Ring It Up wrote:Where did I call him top 5? That was someone else. I NEVER said that or agreed with it. The man just lead his team to a title. 33 points 11 boards on 60% shooting in game 4. Whats your idea of average? He didn't have a GREAT finals but he did enough for his team to win. I'm not asking anyone to hail to anything. But I don't think you win 2 titles and 2 Finals MVP by being below average.

I said the person you piggy-backed on was the one claiming he was is all I said since that was the point I was attacking which you then attacked. Lebron shot 10% below is average (something discussed in the LBJ thread without hating or baiting mind you). He was shooting less than, yes less than, 20% in the fourth quartres of games and was missing for great parts of them. Had the Spurs won the media and the fans would be killing him for being passive, not getting it done, relying on Wade to take over instead of himself. He wins and all of a sudden none of that applies? Come on man you're better than that. Do you really think he played better than his lofty average?

And this is where stats are misleading. I WATCHED Kobe Bryant do damn near everything in his power to win. Yes, his percentages were down but he also faced a defense designed specifically to stop him that game. Lebron was dared to shoot the entire game. He came up and made shot after shot. I all but said that in the original comment. If you WATCHED Lebron all playoffs you know he was indeed more passive than great, more timid than aggressive and much less than himself all playoffs. Game 7 he did what he needed and, like I said, he deserves credit for it. So does Wade, Battier and even Bosh who played great D on Duncan all game.

Not once did you see me say anything less than Lebron is a great player. Not once. Even when I have been overly critical of his heart, will to win, and capability to get it done when it matters I have never deminished his talents as a player. Which brings me back to the original problem why is Lebron above reproach?
For what it's worth, the Lakers also clinched the Pacific Division, an achievement Bryant dismissed by saying "We don't hang divisions." No, only the big NBA championship banners are considered wall-worthy for the Lakers.
puffyusaf#2

PreviousNext

Return to NBA Discussion