NBA Finals: Spurs vs Heat

NBA Finals: Spurs vs Heat

Postby Kasumi on Mon May 27, 2013 11:44 pm

Spurs Trivia:
-- Tim Duncan, Tony Parker and Manu Ginobili are 1st trio on a team other than Celtics or Lakers to reach NBA Finals 4 times together.
-- Tim Duncan has more playoff wins (129) than 20 of the 29 NBA teams.
-- Tim Duncan and Gregg Popovich have 129 postseason wins together, the most by a player-coach duo in NBA history.

942467_10151456320983173_966662066_n.jpg

Schedule:
Thu, June 6......Game 1 ABC 6 PST **In Miami
Sun, June 9......Game 2 ABC 5 PST **In Miami
Tue, June 11....Game 3 ABC 6 PST **In San Antonio
Thu, June 13....Game 4 ABC 6 PST **In San Antonio
Sun, June 16....Game 5* ABC 5 PST **In San Antonio
Tue, June 18....Game 6* ABC 6 PST **In Miami
Thu, June 20....Game 7* ABC 6 PST **In Miami

*If needed
**Assuming Miami ends up as Eastern Conference Champs, with a record of 66-16 versus the Spurs record of 58-24, Miami will have home court advantage. If Indiana wins, with a record of 49-32, home court advantage would switch to San Antonio
Last edited by Kasumi on Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:04 pm, edited 8 times in total.
ImageImage

You can now find me over at www.LakersBall.com
Kasumi
ClubSpurs.com Administrator

Re: NBA Finals: San Antonio Spurs vs. ????

Postby jonnyshevanel on Mon May 27, 2013 11:57 pm

Go Spurs if the Heat beat the Pacers. Go Pacers if the Pacers beat the Heat. That is all :man13:
jonnyshevanel

Postby KareemTheGreat33 on Tue May 28, 2013 12:08 am

Time to do other things..it's like 2005 all over again. Boring.
"Allons-y Lakers!"
KareemTheGreat33

Postby wcsoldier81 on Tue May 28, 2013 12:12 am

Last time a team won a title with its best player being a PG was 23 years ago ...
wcsoldier81

Postby wcsoldier81 on Tue May 28, 2013 12:13 am

KareemTheGreat33 wrote:Time to do other things..it's like 2005 all over again. Boring.

Only the NBA casual fans think these Spurs are boring
wcsoldier81

Postby lakersyunowin on Tue May 28, 2013 12:31 am

i'm hoping for spurs/pacers. there's still a chance
the artist formerly known as fklukewalton, fksteveblake, and fkmikebrown
lakersyunowin

Postby LTLakerFan on Tue May 28, 2013 1:33 am

jonnyshevanel wrote:Go Spurs if the Heat beat the Pacers. Go Pacers if the Pacers beat the Heat. That is all :man13:

Screw the Pacers even if they beat the Heat. Go Spurs. Class organization, great coach, great players.
LTLakerFan

Postby KareemTheGreat33 on Tue May 28, 2013 9:53 am

wcsoldier81 wrote:
KareemTheGreat33 wrote:Time to do other things..it's like 2005 all over again. Boring.

:man9: honestly I'm bored watching Duncan ever since Shaq nicknamed him.. I never watched Spurs games except when they play the Lakers. Spurs are boring, I hate the Heat. So no more NBA at this point.
"Allons-y Lakers!"
KareemTheGreat33

Postby V.V.V.V.V. on Tue May 28, 2013 10:07 am

TP is pretty exciting to watch. Timmy has come to life as well. Spurs aren't as boring as they uses to be. Ginobilli is Sampson. As his hair goes, so do his skills.
Vi Veri Vniversum Vivus Vici
V.V.V.V.V.

Postby pound4pound1 on Tue May 28, 2013 10:09 am

meh...wake me up when training camp opens
Jerry Buss wrote:One of the biggest reasons I bought the Lakers was to beat the Celtics …..you just got it into your soul that you couldn't stand the Celtics anymore
pound4pound1

Postby Finwë on Tue May 28, 2013 10:26 am

wcsoldier81 wrote:Last time a team won a title with its best player being a PG was 23 years ago ...

07?
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
Finwë

Postby Kasumi on Tue May 28, 2013 11:47 am

I think it's easy to regurgitate the line saying that the Spurs are boring, but anyone knowledgeable about the game will not find them so.

Say you don't like them because they have been a Lakers rival, fine. I can respect that. Say you think the team is boring because of they don't create drama that TMZ would be interested in, fine.

But the Spurs style of playing is not boring.
ImageImage

You can now find me over at www.LakersBall.com
Kasumi
ClubSpurs.com Administrator

Postby Weezy on Tue May 28, 2013 11:50 am

It's going to be the Heat. Everyone keeps saying SA doesn't have a chance either, but I disagree, they'd be the best team the Heat have faced all playoffs and they'll be rested. They've got a great PG, Ginobili is playing well, Duncan is playing like he found the fountain of youth, they have a bunch of great role players and good shooters, they move the ball extremely well, and they play defense. They have experience as well, I think even if Miami wins it will be a competitive series.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby Chillbongo on Tue May 28, 2013 12:03 pm

^And let's not forget their slave driver, Gregory.
Chillbongo

Postby pound4pound1 on Tue May 28, 2013 12:47 pm

Kasumi wrote:I think it's easy to regurgitate the line saying that the Spurs are boring, but anyone knowledgeable about the game will not find them so.

Say you don't like them because they have been a Lakers rival, fine. I can respect that. Say you think the team is boring because of they don't create drama that TMZ would be interested in, fine.

they're not boring to me...but its one of those series where i dont really have a rooting interest
Jerry Buss wrote:One of the biggest reasons I bought the Lakers was to beat the Celtics …..you just got it into your soul that you couldn't stand the Celtics anymore
pound4pound1

Postby LakerFan1235 on Tue May 28, 2013 12:53 pm

Some interesting plot points that we will hear about to no end as the finals approach:
-LeBron having a chance to redeem himself against the Spurs for the 2007 embarrassment.
-NBA fining spurs for ruining the finals preview during the regular season.
Every time I begin to ask, "Is he really as great as I think he is?" ...He proves that he is.
Every time I begin to wonder...He proves it...That is why I won't lose hope in him.
You know who I am talking about.
LakerFan1235

Postby lakerfan2 on Tue May 28, 2013 2:58 pm

Fundamentally, they're a great team. Exceptionally well coached, and well put together balanced team.

Do I think they're an exciting team to watch? No. That's my opinion shared with many others on that same level. Does it take away on how good and successful the Spurs are? No. I thought the Grizzlies were more fun with their aggressive and hard fought play, but that's just me. Do I think the Clippers are exciting either? No, bad attitude, one trick pony team, poor coaching.

I love basketball, I know basketball, I breathe basketball. I just don't find their style all that great to watch. There's nothing wrong with opinions.
#OURHOUSE
lakerfan2

Postby Battle Tested20 on Tue May 28, 2013 4:38 pm

I know this thread is about the Spurs and whoever comes out of the East, but I almost think that Mitch and Company look at this Spurs team and think well if they have been together all these years and can still do it maybe Kobe is right. It would be better to bring everyone back for 1 last run being how both Kobe and Pau are on their last year of their contract.
"I just put my faith in God. Through him we can do all things"
- Kobe Bryant, March 24, 2004
Battle Tested20

Postby XXIV on Tue May 28, 2013 4:59 pm

Battle Tested20 wrote:I know this thread is about the Spurs and whoever comes out of the East, but I almost think that Mitch and Company look at this Spurs team and think well if they have been together all these years and can still do it maybe Kobe is right. It would be better to bring everyone back for 1 last run being how both Kobe and Pau are on their last year of their contract.

Perhaps but we would need really solid role players around our core players. Our team is too injury prone to be top heavy as we saw last season.
XXIV

Postby Basketball Fan on Tue May 28, 2013 5:11 pm

wcsoldier81 wrote:

I think they're boring and I'm not a casual NBA fan. I was hoping for a Grizzlies/Pacers Finals so at least one of these teams would win because I like both.

I respect the Spurs and all they accomplished but they just don't interest me never have.

If its a Heat/Spurs Finals I can check out early from my Sports sabattical till NFL starts up again.

It will probably end up being Heat/Spurs even if the Pacers get past the Heat the Spurs will kill them.
Basketball Fan

Postby retro_nights on Tue May 28, 2013 5:11 pm

^ and it helps that the spurs draft really well or make complementary trades that fit their team around the core. splitter and kawhi leonard. they wouldn't be here without leonards defense and play. and hes only 21, @#$!
---
Team lakers
retro_nights

Postby Basketball Fan on Tue May 28, 2013 5:12 pm

The Pacers drafted Leonard but we traded him for George Hill.
Basketball Fan

Postby LTLakerFan on Tue May 28, 2013 9:10 pm

Kasumi wrote:I think it's easy to regurgitate the line saying that the Spurs are boring, but anyone knowledgeable about the game will not find them so.

LTLakerFan

Postby LTLakerFan on Tue May 28, 2013 9:15 pm

Weezy wrote:It's going to be the Heat. Everyone keeps saying SA doesn't have a chance either, but I disagree, they'd be the best team the Heat have faced all playoffs and they'll be rested. They've got a great PG, Ginobili is playing well, Duncan is playing like he found the fountain of youth, they have a bunch of great role players and good shooters, they move the ball extremely well, and they play defense. They have experience as well, I think even if Miami wins it will be a competitive series.

They've got Popovich

And with an idiotic decision the Lakers now have freaking Pringles. Phil on his tour has been letting out now he laughed when Mitch told him, knowing our roster.
LTLakerFan

Postby dj vitus on Tue May 28, 2013 9:18 pm

wcsoldier81 wrote:Last time a team won a title with its best player being a PG was 23 years ago ...

Didn't Tony Parker win Finals MVP in '07, and Billups in '04?
"Why are they blocking out all the good stuff? They let Sarah Jessica Parker's face on TV and she looks like a foot!!"
dj vitus

Next

Return to NBA Discussion