New Raptors Lookin Good

Postby JSM on Wed Dec 17, 2003 8:16 pm

Raptors lose again, they need to get a win soon or some of these guys are going to lose their momentum. This time they lost to the Spurs, 73-70. They just could not contain Duncan, who scored 30 points and grabbed 13 rebounds on them.

Vince couldn't step up enough to get them a win, he only scored 16 points
Marshall-he has been the best player they got in the Bulls trade so far, he continues to put up good numbers and consistently. He scored 19 points and pulled down 14 rebounds.
Bosh didn't help them out much on offense, only scoring 6 points, but he did have 12 rebounds.
Williams-scored 10 points
Rose-scored 14 points
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Postby FabFourLakers on Wed Dec 17, 2003 9:47 pm

man isnt that 4 straight losses since 5 straight wins? so much for tha 'new look raptors'...
FabFourLakers

Postby JSM on Sun Dec 21, 2003 12:00 pm

In the overtime win against the Knicks (105-99), they were led by Rose, and all chipped in with decent numbers

Rose-21 points
Vince-18 points & 8 assists
Peterson-16 points & 6 rebounds
Marshall-15 points & 19 rebounds
Bosh & Williams-each with 12 points
JSM

Postby JSM on Sun Dec 21, 2003 4:41 pm

they lost to the Magic tonight 93-104. No one really stepped up for them, they all provided close to the same numbers scoring wise.

Marshall led the way with 19 points and 19 rebounds
Williams-18 points & 8 assists
Carter put up 17 points against his cousin
Bosh-16 points & 10 rebounds
Rose-14 points
JSM

Postby FabFourLakers on Mon Dec 22, 2003 9:51 am

Carter needs to step up...he is not leading his team like he was before when tha trade first happened...tha only guys that are playin night in and night out are marshall and bosh
FabFourLakers

Postby JSM on Sat Dec 27, 2003 4:18 pm

after having close to a week off, they lose in overtime to the Jazz, partially because the Jazz prevented Vince from making a field goal in OT. They lost 94-97

Vince scored 30 points on 11-25 shooting, grabbed 7 rebounds, and had 5 assists
Marshall-scored 11 points, and only had 1 rebound
Rose-scored 18 points, and dished out 8 assists
Williams-scored 14 points
JSM

Postby FabFourLakers on Sat Dec 27, 2003 10:52 pm

jsm0331 wrote:after having close to a week off, they lose in overtime to the Jazz, partially because the Jazz prevented Vince from making a field goal in OT. They lost 94-97

Vince scored 30 points on 11-25 shooting, grabbed 7 rebounds, and had 5 assists
Marshall-scored 11 points, and only had 1 rebound
Rose-scored 18 points, and dished out 8 assists
Williams-scored 14 points

damn jus seems like tha jazz shouldnt be winning any of these games...its like HOW DO THEY DO IT? they have NOBODY! well i guess PLAYING hard every night should help....i still think they're gonna run outta gas and not make tha playoffs...but they definetly surprised alot of ppl this year...and they also have alot of cap room this summer to land a big name FA...maybe rasheed wallace?
FabFourLakers

Postby JSM on Sun Dec 28, 2003 3:12 pm

The Raptors finally pull away with another win, this one coming against the Clipps. Final 94-88

They were led by Vince and Rose.
Vince-22 points, 5 assists, 7-16 from the field
Rose-23 points
Marshall-19 points & 9 rebounds
Williams-14 points & 8 rebounds
JSM

Postby FabFourLakers on Sun Dec 28, 2003 6:04 pm

jsm0331 wrote:The Raptors finally pull away with another win, this one coming against the Clipps. Final 94-88

They were led by Vince and Rose.
Vince-22 points, 5 assists, 7-16 from the field
Rose-23 points
Marshall-19 points & 9 rebounds
Williams-14 points & 8 rebounds

yea i watched this gm...but i noticed somethin REALLY BAD about tha toronto offense...

if they are gonna run isolation plays every time down tha floor for either rose or carter...they are not gonna get ANYWHERE! they dont have a set offense! i mean how they won was solely on tha greatness of Carter and some buzzer beater shots by Rose with tah shot clock runnin down...i never saw any SET OFFENSE by tha raptors...they will NOT win games like that...they got LUCKY they were facin tha clippers..and they actually got bailed out by tha refs when they were up 4...marko jaric CLEARLY got hit over tha head by marshall and there was no call...raptors got lucky tonight that they have carter to bail them out on isolation plays...but they wont get so lucky against other teams....
FabFourLakers

Postby JSM on Thu Jan 01, 2004 1:21 pm

They got their 2nd straight win against the Nuggets (81-74). No one scored a lot of points, the point production was spread out very evenly.

Carter-15 points, 5-16 from the field, 5 assists, and 5 turnovers
Marshall-10 points & 13 rebounds
Bosh-11 points & 12 boards
Rose 17 points & 7 turnovers
Williams-17 points, 6 rebounds, and 6 assists
JSM

Postby JSM on Fri Jan 02, 2004 9:21 am

Lamond Murray wants to be traded
Sportsline: wants to be traded because he's frustrated by his diminishing role in the offense, the Toronto Star reported Friday.

"I'm out. I do not want to be here," Murray told the newspaper. "At this point, I'm just ready to go. Hopefully I can go somewhere I can help some team out. I don't want to sit here and waste another year."

"There's a difference in being on a good team and being a part of it. You know what I'm saying?" Murray said. "I'm not part of anything around here."

"As soon as his office opens, I'm going to talk to him," Murray said. "I've already relayed a message to my agent. And it's time they made a move."

I have to agree with him, since they did the trade with the Bulls, his role on the team has been close to non existent, and he is a good player. I wonder what they can get for him? And where they will trade him?
JSM

Postby FabFourLakers on Fri Jan 02, 2004 4:06 pm

jsm0331 wrote:Lamond Murray wants to be traded
Sportsline: wants to be traded because he's frustrated by his diminishing role in the offense, the Toronto Star reported Friday.

"I'm out. I do not want to be here," Murray told the newspaper. "At this point, I'm just ready to go. Hopefully I can go somewhere I can help some team out. I don't want to sit here and waste another year."

"There's a difference in being on a good team and being a part of it. You know what I'm saying?" Murray said. "I'm not part of anything around here."

"As soon as his office opens, I'm going to talk to him," Murray said. "I've already relayed a message to my agent. And it's time they made a move."

I have to agree with him, since they did the trade with the Bulls, his role on the team has been close to non existent, and he is a good player. I wonder what they can get for him? And where they will trade him?

yea some teams would like to take on his contract for cap room...

who knows where he coudl go...maybe orlando?
FabFourLakers

Previous

Return to NBA Discussion