My new ratings(so far)

My new ratings(so far)

Postby Shaq Fan on Mon Oct 20, 2003 12:42 pm

It is early, but this is how I think the playoffs would look if it was now.

WEST

1>Lakers
2>Dallas(if they work together)
3>Spurs
4>Kings
5>T'wolves(same as Dallas)
6>Suns
7>Blazers
8>Nuggets(if they continue to play like they been)

close but no cigar award goes to: Sonics

EAST

1>Pistons
2>Nets
3>Bulls(got talent, can they surprise? I think so)
4>76ers
5>Magic
6>Hornets
7>Raptors
8>Hawks(new roster, I think they will barely make it)

close but no cigar award goes to: Celtics(loosing Walker, I think, means to much to this club, maybe next year they will get back.)

Also I do not think the Cavs will make it.

What do you peeps think?

props to hoopskillz, OTK, Eyecue and DA.....
Shaq Fan

Postby SWOL on Mon Oct 20, 2003 1:07 pm

ALL OF DALLAS'S OFFSEASON MOVES FOR PLAYERS WHO ARE NOT TOUGH OR PHYSICAL (which is what they deperatly need), THEN TRADING THIER TOUGHEST PLAYER(Nick Van Exel), DOES NOT PUT THEM OVER SAN ANTONIO OR EVEN A HEALTHY KINGS SQUAD
SWOL
Separated at Birth: Ron Artest

Postby FabFourLakers on Mon Oct 20, 2003 2:24 pm

swolswol wrote:ALL OF DALLAS'S OFFSEASON MOVES FOR PLAYERS WHO ARE NOT TOUGH OR PHYSICAL (which is what they deperatly need), THEN TRADING THIER TOUGHEST PLAYER(Nick Van Exel), DOES NOT PUT THEM OVER SAN ANTONIO OR EVEN A HEALTHY KINGS SQUAD

ACTUALLY it does put them over the Kings but not the spurs...and shaqfan...dont ever put the bulls higher than the #7 spot in tha east...cuz they are NOT better than the sixers PERIOD...and yes now we all know theres an open spot in tha east now that we know boston wont be makin it...heres mine:

West:
Lakers
Spurs
Mavs
Twolves
Kings
Suns
Blazers
Rockets

close: Sonics

East:
Nets
Pacers
Sixers
Pistons
Hornets
Magic
Knicks
Raptors

close: Bulls(unless Chandler and Curry both avg over 18 and 10 boards a game, and crawford becomes an all star caliber 2 guard)
FabFourLakers

Postby SWOL on Mon Oct 20, 2003 2:30 pm

ACTUALLY it does put them over the Kings but not the spurs

I DISAGREE....DALLAS IS THE NEW PORTLAND, SAC ATLEAST HAS THE COMMON SENSE NOT TO HAVE TOO MANY SCORERS, THEY ACTUALLY HAD SOME ASSEMBLENCE OF A TEAM CONCEPT WHEN THEY MAKE MOVES, DALLAS IS STUPID THEY NOW HAVE 3 COUNT EM 3 POWER FORWARDS, NOT ONE OF THEM CAN PLAY A LICK OF DEFENSE, THEY ALL WANT 20PPG, AND NO CENTER OR SMALL FORWARD, WTF ARE THEY THINKING, AND THE PG ON THE TEAM IS A SCORING PG AND NOT A DISTRIBUTING PG, WHICH IS OK IF THE 2 GUARD IS MORE OF A PASSING TYPE, BUT I WOULDNT CLASSIFY FINLEY AS THAT

WHO IN THE HELL :man7: IS GONNA PASS THE ROCK
SWOL
Separated at Birth: Ron Artest

Postby BDG on Wed Oct 22, 2003 1:45 pm

West

1. Lakers
2. Spurs
3. Mavs
4. Wolves
5. Kings
6. Suns
7. Blazers
8. Rockets

East

1. Nets
2. Sixers
3. Pistons
4. Pacers
5. Celtics
6. Magic
7. Hornets
8. Heat

Who else thinks the Heat have a legit shot at that 8 spot? They have Dwayne Wade, Eddie Jones, Caron Butler and Lamar Odom. If the Heat don't get that spot, the Knicks will. I'm not sold on the Raptors as playoff contenders this year unless Bosh can put up superstar (not ROY) numbers.
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
BDG
Retired Admin

Postby FabFourLakers on Wed Oct 22, 2003 2:43 pm

swolswol wrote:
ACTUALLY it does put them over the Kings but not the spurs

I DISAGREE....DALLAS IS THE NEW PORTLAND, SAC ATLEAST HAS THE COMMON SENSE NOT TO HAVE TOO MANY SCORERS, THEY ACTUALLY HAD SOME ASSEMBLENCE OF A TEAM CONCEPT WHEN THEY MAKE MOVES, DALLAS IS STUPID THEY NOW HAVE 3 COUNT EM 3 POWER FORWARDS, NOT ONE OF THEM CAN PLAY A LICK OF DEFENSE, THEY ALL WANT 20PPG, AND NO CENTER OR SMALL FORWARD, WTF ARE THEY THINKING, AND THE PG ON THE TEAM IS A SCORING PG AND NOT A DISTRIBUTING PG, WHICH IS OK IF THE 2 GUARD IS MORE OF A PASSING TYPE, BUT I WOULDNT CLASSIFY FINLEY AS THAT

WHO IN THE HELL :man7: IS GONNA PASS THE ROCK

Nash can BECOME a distributing point guard...whether u like it or not, this team won 60 games last year, and they have improved their roster from last year...they will create matchup problems on offense(Shaq has to guard NOWITZKI out on tha perimeter) but on defense they willl suffer...but the purpose of the game is to outscore ur opponent right? Dallas is using that object of tha game...so they cant play D, but they got all the O...they came close to beating the spurs last year and then Dirk went down...Nobody gives Dallas respect...yes the lakers own them, but Dallas was #1 until tha last 2 weeks of tha season!!! thats UNBELIEVABLE!

Dallas is definetly better than Sacramento, and i believe even if Webber was still playing, the Mavs woulda still won that series! and thats a bold statement coming from me but i give Dallas some respect for tha way they play tha game...i hafta admit they are EXCITING and i love watching them play any team...they have my respect and they should be in tha top 4 this year...

and BDG, why did u rank boston 5th? i dont think they'll even make tha playoffs this year! and the sixers cant be 2nd, they are in tha same division as tha Nets, so either tha pacers or pistons can be 2nd, and sixers willl hafta be 3rd...
FabFourLakers

Postby rydjorker121 on Wed Oct 22, 2003 3:32 pm

1. Lakers--Malone, Payton, Kobe, and Shaq. What's that for offense and defense now? Although they didn't mesh well in the preseason, the season should really be a huge spark.
2. Spurs--The offseason nuggets. Got a lot, but not a star. Still a good-calibered contributing bench and starting-role team. Defense is hideous to think about with Ginobili, Duncan, Horry and Nesterovic.
3. Mavs--4 Future HOFs? Young team still, everyone born over 1970, but this team is offense and no D. Still, this team can aggravate still but defense may count later in the season.
4. Kings--Ah...lookee here, momma, no offseason moves for the Kings! Well, somewhat, if Brad Miller was really worth all that bench unloading mess. Vlade and Chris are killing their legs, and Gerald Wallace is so inconsistent. Does that describe what the season is to be like?
5. T-Wolves --Great starting lineup, just like what we saw with the Lakers and Mavs, and the funny thing was that they were projected to be higher than this. Now they're dropping, unfortunately. No bench and chemistry may still be a problem.
6. Blazers--BlazerTown is getting insane. Zach Randolph over Rasheed Wallace? Patterson on the block? Who's the go to guy? Questions--lots of them--in Jail Town. Sad--they had a lot of talent--and now it looks like it's all gone to waste.
7. Suns--Watch out for Leadrinho Barbosa. Zarko Cabarkapa too. Amare is hot, Shawn and Stephon are gonna keep on improving. Not much D and no bench.
8. Rockets--Yao Ming will get more touches unless Steve gets angry and takes it all the way to the rack. Van Gundy should make a difference. Eddie Griffin may screw up the team's hopes, though.

East

1. Nets
2. Pistons
3. Magic
4. Sixers
5. Pacers
6. Hornets
7. Bulls
8. Celtics

TO THE WIRE: Miami
rydjorker121
Draft/Trade Rumor Staff

Postby shaqpak34 on Wed Oct 22, 2003 3:59 pm

how can u ppl say that the celts wont make it, last year toine was more of dead weight that he was help, he wanst healthy and he was over weight,
he might affect them a lil,but now that the truth is the main option, he gonna explode

WEST
1. Lakers
2. Spurs
3. Queens
4. Twolves
5. Dallas
6. Suns
7. Blazers
8. Rockets

EAST

1. Nets
2. Pistons
3. Sixers
4. Magic
5. Pacers
6. Hornets
7. Celtics
8. Wizards

Real close: Bulls/Heat/Raptors

heat got a lot better, they just gotta play together and they may actually be number six or even higher
shaqpak34

Postby BDG on Wed Oct 22, 2003 4:14 pm

shaqpak34 wrote:how can u ppl say that the celts wont make it, last year toine was more of dead weight that he was help, he wanst healthy and he was over weight,
he might affect them a lil,but now that the truth is the main option, he gonna explode

That's why I placed them at #5. They have Raef Lafrentz and a couple other new guys that can contribute. Walker is incredibly overrated and I expect his career to start deteriorating very soon.

The 8th spot race in the East will be very interesting this year though.
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
BDG
Retired Admin

Postby mazter_roshi on Sat Oct 25, 2003 8:52 pm

West
1. Lakers
2. Sacramento
3. San Antonio
4. Dallas
5. Minnesota
6. Houston
7. Portland
8. Suns

East
1. New Jersey
2. Detroit
3. Philadelphia
4. Indiana
5. New Orleans
6. Boston
7. Orlando
8. Chicago

These are my picks, I think Clippers will be another case of close but no cigar, they'll be close to the playoffs like Houston last season. I think Chicago will make the cut if Scottie will finally get his old [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] of the disabled list and help lead this lost talented team to the post-season to an eventual defeat.
mazter_roshi

Return to NBA Discussion