New York Knicks

Postby Starbury AJD on Fri Mar 12, 2004 3:07 pm

Only The Knicks wrote:Now that dem Knicks got Vin Baker :deal: , let's see the opinions.... stay out of the bottle Vin :nono5: !!! We're counting on you! :freak2:

AMEN!!!!
Starbury AJD

Postby Vasashi17 on Fri Mar 12, 2004 3:11 pm

Its great to have knicks fans here.....the power of both coasts all at CL...pretty sick (Cali term) and ill (NY term) if you ask me.

Here's my 2 cents on NY.....I love that franchise and team NOW. Layden was a joke and Isiah revitalized that organization. I definitely see Rasheed going there next year and the reason Kurt Thomas got this huge extension is cause it can be used as trade bait. Kurt is originally from Dallas and doesn't mind heading there. We also know that Mark Cuban and Isiah Thomas absolutely LOVE to wheel-n-deal, so those two will be workin out something this offseason. Baker is a great acquisition, but NY is a fast lifestyle and I only pray for him and his family that he doesn't go down that dark road again. If he does work out for them, then he can hold down the Center spot...especially in the East where there is a lack of big men out there. With Rasheed takin up the 4 spot and Tim Thomas takin the 3 spot...the back court looks great with Houston and Starbury. Thats a great lineup and we still have to consider that Dallas could be sending either Jamison or Walker to the Knicks for Kurt Thomas. Thats a run-n-gun team right there and they can be giving NJ a run for their money. With the moves Isiah has made and is still going to make, New York is BIG in a small Eastern Conference....>>>FAST in a pretty slow Eastern Conference....and will be 100SCORING+ in the TRIPL3 digits in an Eastern Conference that usually scores in the high 70s to low 80s.

This with the possibility that the Nets will be moving to Brooklyn.....the great state of NEW YORK never looked so good for the NBA. Big ups NYC and I really am hoping for a LA-NY Finals. It will be good for the NBA, its ratings and its fans.
Vasashi17
CL Global Moderator

Postby JSM on Fri Mar 12, 2004 3:22 pm

Isiah could also try to send Kurt Thomas to the Pacers for Artest, since he loves Sheed and Artest...that would be a very deadly team
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Postby Vasashi17 on Fri Mar 12, 2004 5:05 pm

In theory it sounds good J....but Indiana would never make their fellow Eastern counterpart Knicks even better. Its more realistic to see opposing Conference transactions rather than inter-conference exchanges.
Vasashi17
CL Global Moderator

Postby lakerfanimal on Fri Mar 12, 2004 7:02 pm

i think you shud trade for a really good young electrifyin player to add someone like a freddy jones or someone
ImageImage
lakerfanimal

Postby rydjorker121 on Sat Mar 13, 2004 12:10 pm

basically, its the re-vitalization of the franchise. NY is getting the young players now, like Nazr Mohammed and DerMarr Johnson, and its dumping Scott Layden's players like Lampe, Charlie Ward and Howard Eisley...some moves were questionable though, and I don't know whether Thomas really wanted to get rid of Milos Vujanic...but to get Starbury, that is definitely worth it. Isiah wants to start helping the organization...and fast, by changing the whole team game and plans. Even firing that coach for Lenny Wilkens was pretty smart. NY is currently in the playoffs, and they've been faring well..its just like the Memphis story, when they got Jerry West they started rolling...and now Isiah is doing the same and making all the NYK fans proud...its a good day for them, and they got a bright future. But these Knick players may still be under the spotlight, its like Isiah wants to dump the remains of Layden's players, and here they are:

Shandon Anderson: He's got a fat contract, hes not that good at making shots and his role with the team has diminished backing up Houston and Penny Hardaway. He should've been in the sack for Mo Pete, which Thomas coveted, but the deal wasn't made. He'll probably be trade bait while Isiah is still here

Moochie Norris: Isiah thought that he was pretty good when they traded for him early this season for Clarence Weatherspoon, but that was before the team got Starbury. Now Moochie isn't faring very well, spending time on the bench and on the IR because Marbury is a minutes hogger, and the same applies to Frank Williams. His value might be very high as of now, but he should be gotten rid of during the offseason. Can still play

Frank Williams: Has very high value, considering hes a mid-1st round draft pick. In some respects like our very own Derek Fisher, since hes also pretty slow, but he can't really shoot. Plays under control and jacks up the assists. A true pro and point guard. Has value while still young, and with Starbury he won't make much of an impact--although he was supposed to before the Starbury came

Dikembe Mutombo: The last of Scott Layden's treasure. Still the defensive stalwort he once was, but not making much impact on Isiah Thomas terms. Thomas already has Nazr Mohammed, Trybanski, and all these big men who can play center, so Deke might be out. Rumors about waiving Deke recently, but probably won't be in NY next season.

And some of you guys are saying that Rashweed might be a Knick next season, well...bad news Knick fans, I think he's found his niche hanging out with Ben Wallace and playing a total defensive game. Rashweed might just not opt out if the Pistons get so far into the playoffs, lest win the finals. I think the chances are slim, Isiah should start pursuing other pleasures if they want a better big man. It seems like Isiah also hates Kurt Thomas, who IS a pretty good player...and he got signed to an extension I don't get it...Mike Sweetney is also developing under Wilkens, so the team looks intact and good as of now...best of luck in the playoffs
rydjorker121
Draft/Trade Rumor Staff

Previous

Return to NBA Discussion