New York Knicks

New York Knicks

Postby keyindabox on Thu Mar 04, 2004 4:13 pm

Now I just want to hear honest opinions and predicitons about my Knicks. I know that they aren't the best team in the East, but they are sitting in the 6th spot right now and they were all the way back in 10th place earlier this year. We improved a lot since last year. I think we have a great GM, a decent head coach, and a great leader in point guard Stephon "Starbury" Marbury. We have Allan Houston standing beside him but he is not the same as he use to be. We have a good bench with Michael Sweetny and a somewhat good Anderson. We have new aquirred young players Tim Thomas and Nazr Mohhamadd. Tim seemed comfortable in the game against Philly on Wednesday and Nazr also seemed more comfortable against Philly. He will continue to bloom at the starting center position with Deke on the Injured List. I see us(the Knicks) going as far as the Eastern Conference Finals, maybe the NBA Finals. But it will be very tough. We need to step it up in the playoffs. And there is a pretty good chance we will get Sheed in the summer, or at least Eric Dampier. And if not them, then maybe bringing back Camby to the Greatest City in the World....New York City. Home of the New York Knicks. :man11:
"Like I say to people all the time, I don’t care what Brooklyn do, I don’t care if they have a better record than we do this year, we still got “New York” on our chest. We’re still New York’s team, regardless of what Brooklyn do." - Ray Felton
BLACK MAMBA
keyindabox
Clublakers Rep: Knicks

Postby Guest on Thu Mar 04, 2004 4:22 pm

I think this year is done. I knew trading Van Horn was a bad move, he had some great firepower for 16-20 pts a night. Eitherway, it's still all good. Next years lineup should be awesome if Kurt Thomas can play center.

2004-2005 Knicks Lineup:
C: Thomas
PF: Wallace
SF: Hardaway
SG: Houston
PG: Marbury

They'll also be pretty deep if you don't trade away Tim Thomas and his HUGE overpaying salary. With Thomas at SF just incase Hardaway or Houston gets injured the Knicks should be a SOLID team with Wilkins behind the wheel. The only question mark is the center position, they have a PF in K. Thomas who's gonna get a new contract to play big minutes, yet he's not a real C. Then you got Mohammed who has to be insulted sitting behind K. Thomas making $5 million a year.

Here's a good question, what would the Knicks get out of Vin Baker by signing him and letting Mutumbo go? They already have 8 big guys and 4 PF's. Why do they need another rest of the year rental?

Postby keyindabox on Thu Mar 04, 2004 4:31 pm

Well if we can get a solid low post player but release Deke because of it, I'm for it. Deke will probably retire soon. Bt I'm not sure if its a risk taking for Vinny B. :man3:
"Like I say to people all the time, I don’t care what Brooklyn do, I don’t care if they have a better record than we do this year, we still got “New York” on our chest. We’re still New York’s team, regardless of what Brooklyn do." - Ray Felton
BLACK MAMBA
keyindabox

Postby JSM on Thu Mar 04, 2004 4:34 pm

welcome keyindabox. I really like the Knicks, they are my favorite Eastern Conference team. THey have a solid starting 5, a deep bench, a great coach, and a great GM.

Penny, Anderson, Deke, Demarr, Moochie, Williams....that's a good bench. I hope the make it to the finals, so they can face us, that would be a fun matchup
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Postby keyindabox on Thu Mar 04, 2004 4:40 pm

**Cough** NO CONTEST! **Cough**

:man13:

P.S. I mean no contest for the Lakers.....DUH!
BLACK MAMBA
keyindabox

Postby lakerfanimal on Thu Mar 04, 2004 5:05 pm

haha at least u honest, honestly i think they have a really good team, n i like em a lot too. kurt thomas is waaaaaaay underrated, hes automatic wen hes open, n most guys cant evn shoot these days lol
ImageImage
lakerfanimal

Postby GWHiZiTSPHiL on Thu Mar 04, 2004 5:19 pm

Do you live in NYC? If so, are people talking about the Knicks? I wouldn't be surprised. Isiah Thomas has done a miracle in turning this franchise around..everyone wants to go to the games again and I'm sure the electricity is back at the garden. I would love to see the Knicks make the playoffs. Stephon Marbury is a GREAT addition to the team, and same with Lenny Wilkens. Lenny is very good with point guards (Mark Price) and can really make Marbury shine. The only problem is I don't see why Kareem would be an assistant coach over there for the big men when, well...there really isn't any big men there.
GWHiZiTSPHiL
Clublakers Rep: Clippers

Postby BDG on Thu Mar 04, 2004 5:35 pm

I honestly believe they'll at least make it to the Eastern Conference finals and be a "surprise" team like they were back in 1999.

Starbury is one of those players that can just turn it on come playoff time. If you need an example, see last year's Suns-Spurs series.
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
BDG
Retired Admin

Postby GWHiZiTSPHiL on Thu Mar 04, 2004 5:41 pm

BryantDunkGiant wrote:I honestly believe they'll at least make it to the Eastern Conference finals and be a "surprise" team like they were back in 1999.

Starbury is one of those players that can just turn it on come playoff time. If you need an example, see last year's Suns-Spurs series.

I remember that series. Game 1 was electrifying. The buzzer beaters by Marbury and Amare. Let's not forget that Amare simply man handled Duncan the whole series.
GWHiZiTSPHiL
Clublakers Rep: Clippers

Postby lakerfanimal on Thu Mar 04, 2004 5:56 pm

i remember they had one game on tbs, which is huge cus i got ghetto cable which is channesl 1-13 (antena channels) n 27-42(wgn, tbs, mexican, n informercials) so yea, hs awesome
ImageImage
lakerfanimal

Postby SMUnderground on Thu Mar 04, 2004 5:56 pm

knicks eh?..hmm..
SMUnderground

Postby purple_and_gold_fever on Thu Mar 04, 2004 6:01 pm

i know the knicks are going to the playoffs but i dont think they're going to reach the finals. but they are a very dangerous team, maybe next year they will but i dont know about this year.
purple_and_gold_fever

Postby keyindabox on Thu Mar 04, 2004 6:26 pm

HAHA It's cool that you guys didn't put the Knicks on full blast or anything. Hey, check this AWESOME Allan Houston Video out. Its tight. :jam2:

http://www.allanhouston.com/media/AH_Video-HighlightsBB.asx
BLACK MAMBA
keyindabox

Postby BDG on Thu Mar 04, 2004 6:49 pm

keyindabox wrote:HAHA It's cool that you guys didn't put the Knicks on full blast or anything. Hey, check this AWESOME Allan Houston Video out. Its tight. :jam2:

http://www.allanhouston.com/media/AH_Video-HighlightsBB.asx
Tight-- post that up in the Theater section man! I welcome all videos there. :man1:
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BDG
Retired Admin

Postby SWOL on Thu Mar 04, 2004 6:54 pm

PG- STEPH
SG- ALLAN HOUSTON
SF- TIM THOMS
PF- RASHEED
C - N. MOHAMMED

BENCH
K THOMAS
P HARDAWAY
M NOORIS
M SWEETNEY
S ANDERSON

I DONT SEE WHY THEY COULDNT COMPETE IN THE EAST
SWOL
Separated at Birth: Ron Artest

Postby BDG on Thu Mar 04, 2004 6:56 pm

That would be a great roster, but I don't think it would happen.

No offense, but I think that's the last place Rasheed wants to play-- NY, since that city's known for having harsh critics that feed off of negativity. Then again I could be wrong. Who knows. It probably will depend on how his stay with Detroit goes.

BDG
Retired Admin

Postby JSM on Thu Mar 04, 2004 7:39 pm

I think he will go to the Knicks. That is where he wants to go, Thomas is obsessed with him, and I think he will still have interest in NY after this season. He was a bout to go there, until ATL turned down the Knicks offer of Deke, Van Horn, and someone else
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Re: New York Knicks

Postby lakersfan9 on Sun Mar 07, 2004 9:08 pm

keyindabox wrote:Now I just want to hear honest opinions and predicitons about my Knicks. I know that they aren't the best team in the East, but they are sitting in the 6th spot right now and they were all the way back in 10th place earlier this year. We improved a lot since last year. I think we have a great GM, a decent head coach, and a great leader in point guard Stephon "Starbury" Marbury. We have Allan Houston standing beside him but he is not the same as he use to be. We have a good bench with Michael Sweetny and a somewhat good Anderson. We have new aquirred young players Tim Thomas and Nazr Mohhamadd. Tim seemed comfortable in the game against Philly on Wednesday and Nazr also seemed more comfortable against Philly. He will continue to bloom at the starting center position with Deke on the Injured List. I see us(the Knicks) going as far as the Eastern Conference Finals, maybe the NBA Finals. But it will be very tough. We need to step it up in the playoffs. And there is a pretty good chance we will get Sheed in the summer, or at least Eric Dampier. And if not them, then maybe bringing back Camby to the Greatest City in the World....New York City. Home of the New York Knicks. :man11:

look i know that they are good but they wont get past the pacers thats the truth i mean im not a pacers fan or anything but seriosuly
lakersfan9

Postby keyindabox on Mon Mar 08, 2004 3:19 pm

Well in 99' they were the 8th place team and made it to the finals. I mean I know it was a totally different team but it could happen again. And by the way the knicks have beaten the pistons AND the pacers this year without h20. :jam2:
BLACK MAMBA
keyindabox

Postby ZenMaster on Mon Mar 08, 2004 3:51 pm

You may be right Key, in the East your boys might really do some serious damage....I do wonder about Allan Houston's knees, tho. If he can't stay healthy, esp. come playoff time, a good portion of the Knicks' outside shooting will suffer and then teams will play nothing but zone against them, daring them to beat 'em from the outside....it'd be up to Starbury and Timmy T. to take charge and do some serious damage....but like BDG said, Star's done it before, he can do it again....and besides, Allan should be all healed up by then, at least I sure hope so

By the way, EXCELLENT job by Isiah of turning that team around and getting rid of all the deadweight.....and he did it in less than a season to boot :jam2:
ZenMaster

Postby keyindabox on Mon Mar 08, 2004 5:56 pm

Houston only averaged I think 11.3 points per game in his 1st three games back. But in his third game was his highest point total of 16 and then he scored I think about 23 last lgame against the Wizards. He was 50 percent from the field shooting 9-18. He was 3-6 from 3-point range. Im just sad that I couldn't watch it. :man6:
BLACK MAMBA
keyindabox

Postby Starbury AJD on Mon Mar 08, 2004 8:45 pm

BryantDunkGiant wrote:I honestly believe they'll at least make it to the Eastern Conference finals and be a "surprise" team like they were back in 1999.

Dude, I wish that that would happen. But it simply won't. BTW- Marbury never won a playoff series EVER (to my knowledge) Any way he let Parker run all over hm last season in the Playoffs.
Starbury AJD

Postby SWOL on Mon Mar 08, 2004 9:08 pm

HEY WE'LL GIVE YA DEVEAN GEORGE AND SLAVA FOR TIM THOMAS
SWOL
Separated at Birth: Ron Artest

Postby Starbury AJD on Mon Mar 08, 2004 9:10 pm

swolswol wrote:HEY WE'LL GIVE YA DEVEAN GEORGE AND SLAVA FOR TIM THOMAS

LOL!!! No damn way. I love Slava but I hate Devan George. TT is at least somewhat solid.

We'll give you Moochie Norris & Shandon Anderson (our two biggest stiffs) for....GP SHAQ KOBE and we'll even take Karl off your hands. (I know we are doin you a favor) LOL
Starbury AJD

Postby Guest on Fri Mar 12, 2004 2:01 pm

Now that dem Knicks got Vin Baker :deal: , let's see the opinions.... stay out of the bottle Vin :nono5: !!! We're counting on you! :freak2:

Next

Return to NBA Discussion