Odom Bashes the Clippers

Odom Bashes the Clippers

Postby BoogieKnight on Thu Aug 07, 2003 2:19 am

"I don't see how far we could go. From my understanding, no one wants to hire a disgruntled employee or bring a disgruntled employee back. I would not be happy coming back. I think my career is going to take off with the Heat. I'm running in muddy waters with the Clippers.''

"This is about me coming to play for a coach that I should have been playing with a long time ago, since my rookie season,'' Odom said. ``He tried to make the moves to come get me then [in a trade], and now it's time for him to come get me out of the basketball hell."

This reminds me of when Ron Harper finally left the Clippers and said he felt like he just got out of jail.
Gotta feel for Odom, now Donald Sterling with definitely match any offer that the Heats proposes just to spite him and make his life more of a living hell.

http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/sp ... 476018.htm
BoogieKnight

Postby rydjorker121 on Thu Aug 07, 2003 10:31 am

It's true. The Clips are a netherworld and basketball hell. They don't try to add new players, rather re-sign their restricted free agents. That's why Gilbert Arenas screwed them for Washington.
rydjorker121
Draft/Trade Rumor Staff

Postby LaKeRsDyNaStY on Thu Aug 07, 2003 11:16 am

u cant blame em for bashing the clippers, i would do the same
LaKeRsDyNaStY

Postby FabFourLakers on Thu Aug 07, 2003 11:57 am

Why is he [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.]? Its not the clippers fault that he had drug problems! And he is waaaaay overrated and he's talkin like he is a star in jail! He is NOT a star yet! He thinks hes the [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] for bashing the clippers, i wanna see what he says when they match his offer! That'll be tha funniest! Actually i dont want him to come back anyway, i want maggette to show odom why the clippers wanted him back more than they wanted Odom back. I like the idea of Brand and Maggette as the cornerstones of the Clipper franchise. [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] ODOM!
FabFourLakers

Postby SWOL on Thu Aug 07, 2003 12:46 pm

the clippers are a sh*t stain on the NBA...it dosent matter that they matched Corey and Elton .......all the others will leave and they will a bad team with two good players ....they otta change thier names to the bad news bears :jam2:
SWOL
Separated at Birth: Ron Artest

Postby FabFourLakers on Thu Aug 07, 2003 4:03 pm

swolswol wrote:the clippers are a sh*t stain on the NBA...it dosent matter that they matched Corey and Elton .......all the others will leave and they will a bad team with two good players ....they otta change thier names to the bad news bears :jam2:

They have a DECENT future ahead of them if Mike Dunleavy can put the pieces together and i believe he can! Q-Rich was good before Miles left, but maybe he can get his touch back this year as a starter. And Marko Jaric is a MAJOR STEAL, i mean he was a SECOND ROUND pick! And he dominated Andre Miller in the FIBA last summer when USA played Yugoslavia! And i think wilcox is a heck of a player and i hope he starts this year, bcuz he has a whole lot of potential and they just have to use him right! Dont bash on the clippers bcuz they used to be thrifty, atleast they are showing that they like their players! And i HOPE Odom leaves!
FabFourLakers

Postby rydjorker121 on Thu Aug 07, 2003 4:12 pm

a lot of the Clips players have potential, but they just don't keep them. Before you talk smack about how good the CLips are all that other [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.], I suggest you read my article first and get some knowledge about it here:
http://www.clublakers.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=2453
rydjorker121
Draft/Trade Rumor Staff

Postby Jamaican Lakerfan on Thu Aug 07, 2003 5:09 pm

FabFourLakers is right; when I first saw Odom, I thought he could be the next Scottie Pippen. Instead, he has underperformed and has failed to put in the work necessary to polish and craft his talents. He is no star.

I don't buy the argument that he sucks just because he was a Clipper (and will still be a Clipper when they match Miami's offer). Brand and Maggette have consistently improved despite being Clippers.

I am not a Clipper fan but I agree with their moves this offseason. They were right to let Michael ("I believe I am Wilt Chamberlain") Olowokandi go, and Andre Miller was incapable of repeating his Cavalier performance in the West.

Hopefully, they will give Dunleavy a chance by building the team around Brand and Maggette.
Jamaican Lakerfan

Postby SWOL on Thu Aug 07, 2003 5:22 pm

it dosent matter if those guys were unrestricted they all would have left ..... the other guys when given the chance will catch the first bus outta town....and they will suck agian :man10:
SWOL
Separated at Birth: Ron Artest

Postby FabFourLakers on Thu Aug 07, 2003 11:58 pm

Jamaican Lakerfan wrote:FabFourLakers is right; when I first saw Odom, I thought he could be the next Scottie Pippen. Instead, he has underperformed and has failed to put in the work necessary to polish and craft his talents. He is no star.

I don't buy the argument that he sucks just because he was a Clipper (and will still be a Clipper when they match Miami's offer). Brand and Maggette have consistently improved despite being Clippers.

I am not a Clipper fan but I agree with their moves this offseason. They were right to let Michael ("I believe I am Wilt Chamberlain") Olowokandi go, and Andre Miller was incapable of repeating his Cavalier performance in the West.

Hopefully, they will give Dunleavy a chance by building the team around Brand and Maggette.

THANK YOU.

And guys dont get me wrong here, im NOT a clippers fan, but im rootin for Brand and Maggette cuz i really liked them in college and always thot they would make it big in the NBA. So far the clippers have made all the moves i EXPECTED them to make! I expected them to re-sign maggette first of all cuz i see ALOT of potential in this guy, and i expected them to re-sign Brand becuz he is a 20/10 guy much like Duncan and Garnett, and he is only 6'7=6'8!!! I mean i wouldnt mind having Odom back, but after today when he bashed the clippers, i was jus like "who the [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] does he think he is?" I lost alot of respect for Odom today. He was talking like he was the [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] and he was talkin like he was the star on the clippers and they didnt give him enuff attention or something. I didnt expect that from odom, and i HOPE he leaves and LA doesnt match cuz i reaaaaally want Maggette to become a star, cuz if Odom comes back, he will hold back Maggette.

You cant blame the Clippers for trying. They see talent and potential, they would like to keep their talent and potential. If they see druggies and guys that dont wanna play for them, then they let em walk. Kandi Man, Miller and Odom all have potential but they jus dont fit into the Clippers system.
FabFourLakers

Postby echo nation on Fri Aug 08, 2003 1:18 am

i refuse to comment on the Clips until they do something consistent for 3 years

im i a clipper fan? no

but i cheer for them

they're just as much a home team as the lakers are... and being in OC, theyre even more local seeing how they spent years at the Pond
Just A Saturday Away
echo nation

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Fri Aug 08, 2003 4:17 am

See this is sad... I mean, not for what Odom has to say, but for the fact that the Clipps can't keep anyone, and they can't get anyone, and their talent can't be ultilized... :man5:
LakersGyrl2003

Postby FabFourLakers on Sat Aug 09, 2003 3:08 pm

LakersGyrl2003 wrote:See this is sad... I mean, not for what Odom has to say, but for the fact that the Clipps can't keep anyone, and they can't get anyone, and their talent can't be ultilized... :man5:

Umm they kept the 2 most talented players Maggette and Brand. They dont need 5 players to do all tha scoring, bcuz everyone was selfish, especially odom and miller. They need guys that can produce numbers within a team game, and brand and maggette are those guys, and to surround them with a couple shooters (jaric, dooling, richardson, etc) and another big man (kaman, wilcox, ely, wang), they will be OK.
FabFourLakers

Postby echo nation on Sun Aug 10, 2003 1:37 am

Odom is about the most unselfish talent out there

he loves to pass the ball

one of his weaknesses is that he doesnt shoot enough...

Odom is a good fit on that CLipper team and they better do what they can to retain him
Just A Saturday Away
echo nation

Postby FabFourLakers on Sun Aug 10, 2003 2:00 am

echo nation wrote:Odom is about the most unselfish talent out there

he loves to pass the ball

one of his weaknesses is that he doesnt shoot enough...

Odom is a good fit on that CLipper team and they better do what they can to retain him

I agree only 50% with you on that one. It is not odom's selfishness, it is his EGO! He has a BIG ego, and he might demand the ball more than he should be gettin it should he stay with LA. I HOPE they dont match his offer wherever he gets it from. And ODOM has made it clear he wants out of LA
FabFourLakers

Postby echo nation on Sun Aug 10, 2003 2:02 am

i dont know him well enough to argue either way

if he leaves the CLips i sure hope its to an East team

more talent to the East please
Just A Saturday Away
echo nation

Postby FabFourLakers on Sun Aug 10, 2003 2:04 am

echo nation wrote:i dont know him well enough to argue either way

if he leaves the CLips i sure hope its to an East team

more talent to the East please

yes i agree 100%. Odom would be an all star in the east. I still think the NBA should think of moving Minn to the east so it can make the NBA finals FAIR!
FabFourLakers

Postby echo nation on Sun Aug 10, 2003 2:12 am

w/ Shaq Karl Kobe and GP

its not fair no matter what
Just A Saturday Away
echo nation

Postby FabFourLakers on Sun Aug 10, 2003 12:11 pm

echo nation wrote:w/ Shaq Karl Kobe and GP

its not fair no matter what

Once again agreed

but MInny matches up well with the Lakers:

Olowokandi/Shaq
Garnett/Malone
Sczcerbiak/George
Sprewell/Kobe
Cassell/Payton

bench:
Hudson/Fisher
Madsen/Grant

If that were an NBA finals match IF minny was to move to the east, that would be fun to see. I would really enjoy watching sprewell and kobe! I see the T'Wolves are the only team that can actually matchup with the lakers this year, and maybe tha spurs but as long as they have Rasho at C, they will go nowhere when it comes to playin the lakers. And the queens? ha dont get me started they traded up 3 players and a couple draft picks for BRAD MILLER!
FabFourLakers

Postby Guest on Sun Aug 10, 2003 4:33 pm

If the Clipps don't resign Odom, they'll lose three talented guys for nothing(Kandiman,Miller/D.Miles). What a pathetic franchise the Clippers are. With the owner they have, they should rename the team to the b]"Coupon Clippers"[/b] :mhihi:

Postby BoogieKnight on Sun Aug 10, 2003 4:36 pm

Anonymous wrote:If the Clipps don't resign Odom, they'll lose three talented guys for nothing(Kandiman,Miller/D.Miles). What a pathetic franchise the Clippers are. With the owner they have, they should rename the team to the "Coupon Clippers" :mhihi:

This is one of the reasons guests shouldn't be allowed to post. I forgot to friggen log in! :man2:
BoogieKnight

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Mon Aug 11, 2003 6:16 pm

:mad1: :disagree:
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby What else is new? on Wed Aug 13, 2003 7:49 am

Yeah, who doesn't bash the Clippers? I am sure that the owner also bashes them. They are the laughing stock of the league.
What else is new?

Postby echo nation on Wed Aug 13, 2003 4:09 pm

i love the clips and all but these guests have a point...

until the CLips prove them wrong, i dont know if i can balme them
Just A Saturday Away
echo nation

Return to NBA Discussion