Official 2012-2013 NY Knicks Thread: Kidd to retire

Re: Official 2012-2013 NY Knicks Thread: 39-26

Postby keyindabox on Mon Apr 01, 2013 7:54 pm

FabFourLakers wrote:
keyindabox wrote:
FabFourLakers wrote:
Rooscooter wrote:^^You value stats over experience I see..... The facts are that most of their top players have all failed in pretty amazing fashion when the bright lights are on. A stabilizing influence like Kidd is a great thing to have.

Who was it that was most valuable in our first Kobe-Shaq championship?..... Harper and Shaw....

Melo has failed to get much better teams than this one, even when healthy, very far. It's not his scoring or his talent.... it's between the ears and his demeanor. If he's the one the team is counting on then it's another frustrating season for NY.... If they let a guy like Kidd lead then they have a chance when healthy.

If you want to keep taking shots at what I say and insinuating that I'm not "watching" then just put me on ignore.... that way we both won't waste our time....

Didn't mean to insult you Roos...you know we usually agree on a lot of things. This was just one of them I really felt that you were wrong about...and still do.

With that being said, I think Melo deserves SOME credit for the Knicks late season turnaround...it was looking like the Knicks were going to collapse, with all the injuries and losses piling up....but Melo sucked it up (and he's playing hurt btw) and he's doing what he can out there for the Knicks. He's definitely a top 5 player this year in my book, and like I said before, IF the Knicks get the 2 seed, they have a shot at going pretty far (meaning they will lose to the HEAT in the ECF). That in itself would be a huge accomplishment for the Knicks.

Speaking of injuries, Kenyon Martin went down in the Celtics game....literally every single big man for the Knicks has gone down with an injury this year. They really need Chandler back now. They have a tough schedule to finish (with like 4 b2b's left).

Key, you think my bets are safe as far as Knicks finishing ahead of the Nets and finishing as a top 4 team?

I am pretty confident that your bets are safe. We're 4.5 up on the Nets, and while we have a much tougher upcoming schedule, I don't see the Nets winning enough and the Knicks losing enough for them to get past us. Even if that did happen, Knicks would most likely end up still being a Top 4 team, but like I said, I think the Atlantic Division is ours.

And on K-Mart, he should be fine, injury doesn't seem to be anything serious. I just hope Tyson can play tomorrow night against Miami.

Nice! Yeah, I am looking at the schedules, and I think the Nets would have to nearly go undefeated or lose only 1 game the rest of the way and the Knicks would have to go like 4-7 down the stretch for the Nets to capture the lead.

That's good news on K-Mart....I love that pick up for NYK so far....he's gonna be instrumental in the playoffs. Knicks need to avoid the Chicago Bulls at all costs in the playoffs....either draw the hawks or celtics...cuz if they draw the Bulls? I don't see it ending well for the Knicks as they for whatever reason do NOT match up well with the Bulls!

With you 110%, I want no part of the Bulls in the first round. They are tough and very well-coached. Would feel pretty confident going up against the Celtics or Hawks.
"Like I say to people all the time, I don’t care what Brooklyn do, I don’t care if they have a better record than we do this year, we still got “New York” on our chest. We’re still New York’s team, regardless of what Brooklyn do." - Ray Felton
BLACK MAMBA
keyindabox
Clublakers Rep: Knicks

Re: Official 2012-2013 NY Knicks Thread: 47-26, Melo scores 50

Postby keyindabox on Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:10 pm

Won against a short-handed Heat team, but got the W regardless and are now on a 9-game winning streak. On a side note....Melo hit 50 points on a very efficient and team-play type of game. He barely had any 1-1's, and he could have shot a lot more, but he took it in stride and still hit 50. He was unstoppable!
"Like I say to people all the time, I don’t care what Brooklyn do, I don’t care if they have a better record than we do this year, we still got “New York” on our chest. We’re still New York’s team, regardless of what Brooklyn do." - Ray Felton
BLACK MAMBA
keyindabox

Postby Scnottaken on Tue Apr 02, 2013 11:56 pm

keyindabox wrote:Won against a short-handed Heat team, but got the W regardless and are now on a 9-game winning streak. On a side note....Melo hit 50 points on a very efficient and team-play type of game. He barely had any 1-1's, and he could have shot a lot more, but he took it in stride and still hit 50. He was unstoppable!

Wow, a fan of a team NOT complaining about their best scoring option scoring? Is that how fandom is SUPPOSED to work?
I want to hear "Beat LA" chants at a Clipper vs Laker game
Scnottaken

Postby Finwë on Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:12 am

First 50 point game I've ever seen all on jumpers (and FTs). I don't think he even took a shot inside the paint..
Maybe first ever? Or have there been games like this in the past?

Sick performance either way
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
Finwë

Postby Weezy on Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:54 am

You guys need to not bring back Amare, key, like ever. You start the season great, he comes back, you're mediocre. He goes out again, not long after you win 9 in a row, I don't think it's coincidence, Kenyon Martin seems to be a better fit than Amare
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby Magic Skywalker on Wed Apr 03, 2013 1:20 am

Impressive game by Melo. I really love watching this guy play.
@MagicSkywalker Basketamericano
Magic Skywalker

Postby keyindabox on Wed Apr 03, 2013 9:31 pm

Scnottaken wrote:
keyindabox wrote:Won against a short-handed Heat team, but got the W regardless and are now on a 9-game winning streak. On a side note....Melo hit 50 points on a very efficient and team-play type of game. He barely had any 1-1's, and he could have shot a lot more, but he took it in stride and still hit 50. He was unstoppable!

Wow, a fan of a team NOT complaining about their best scoring option scoring? Is that how fandom is SUPPOSED to work?

Haha oh trust me, he still has plenty of haters, they just conveniently go away when he starts playing like this.

Weezy wrote:You guys need to not bring back Amare, key, like ever. You start the season great, he comes back, you're mediocre. He goes out again, not long after you win 9 in a row, I don't think it's coincidence, Kenyon Martin seems to be a better fit than Amare

You know what, I've always been a big supporter of Amare, but I am actually starting to question his role on this team. It's not that I think he's bad for the team, it's just that it takes a while to get him acclimated again, and when he was finally meshing well and finding his place on the team as a big contributor off the bench, he got hurt again. I also think its unfair to blame all the struggles on him, because the Knicks success this season has directly correlated with Melo's health. However, STAT is a liability on defense, which we really cannot toy with come playoff time. If/when he comes back in the playoffs, he will be limited for sure. I just find it unfortunate if his legacy on this team ends up being the guy who tried to put the team on his shoulders but who's knees wouldn't allow it. He is the ultimate team player and works his tail off. But we'll see.

And oh, Melo dropped 40 tonight against the Hawks. This time he did a lot more work in the paint, but again, very few FT attempts. Had Phillips Arena sounding like MSG with the "MVP" chants!
BLACK MAMBA
keyindabox

Re: Official 2012-2013 NY Knicks Thread: 48-26, Melo scores 40

Postby Weezy on Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:04 pm

I don't mean to put all the Knicks struggles on Amare, it just seems to me that's it not a coincidence that when he's out you win. Melo seems to be the type of star that is better on his own with a bunch of quality role players around him, kinda making Amare pointless, especially at his price with his constant injuries. Kenyon Martin seems to get the job done just fine for way cheaper and can actually be a factor on defense.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby FabFourLakers on Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:55 pm

I think its easy to blame Amare but you gotta remember the Knicks have had injuries to key players this whole year at different times and then at the SAME time...and Amare was starting to get int he groove of things and then he got injured. I think if anything, his injuries have derailed him...I still think he's a great fit with this team coming off the BENCH....because if JR goes cold, and all their shooters go cold...who can they go to? They need someone in that post...and I know Melo can get it done there too...but I still believe that for them to get to that next level, there aren't guys like Amare sitting on the waiver wire right now....if he can get back for playoffs, he will help the team....but unfortunately, he has shown that he takes some time to get back into game shape...so not really sure what his impact is gonna be in the playoffs if they go far. It does suck that he was kinda the first guy to go to NYK and brought them back to basketball relevance....and now he's kinda forgotten amidst one of the best seasons in New York Knicks recent memory....
FabFourLakers

Postby Weezy on Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:16 am

I kinda see Amare like Pau though, too expensive, breaking down, and as much as he CAN contribute, off the bench, in the post (wait, the post? Amare?), is he really worth it at this point with a contract that big and being injured this often?
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby FabFourLakers on Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:41 pm

Weezy wrote:I kinda see Amare like Pau though, too expensive, breaking down, and as much as he CAN contribute, off the bench, in the post (wait, the post? Amare?), is he really worth it at this point with a contract that big and being injured this often?

He was definitely worth it at the time he got the contract but obviously right now he's not worth 20M. He's probably not even worth 10M. that's the sad part...but I'm pretty sure in the open market he would somehow STILL get 10M...

Side note...what has gotten into Melo lately? Knicks on a 10 game winning streak....what's with all these streaks this year?!
FabFourLakers

Postby keyindabox on Fri Apr 05, 2013 8:23 am

FabFourLakers wrote:
Weezy wrote:I kinda see Amare like Pau though, too expensive, breaking down, and as much as he CAN contribute, off the bench, in the post (wait, the post? Amare?), is he really worth it at this point with a contract that big and being injured this often?

He was definitely worth it at the time he got the contract but obviously right now he's not worth 20M. He's probably not even worth 10M. that's the sad part...but I'm pretty sure in the open market he would somehow STILL get 10M...

Side note...what has gotten into Melo lately? Knicks on a 10 game winning streak....what's with all these streaks this year?!

Well he said that getting his knee drained definitely worked wonders. He said how he was playing hurt for weeks on end, trying to tough it out, and that's why he wasn't playing at the level he was accustomed to. But ever since draining his knee, he's felt 100%. And in terms of the streak, a large part of it is the ball movement, which had been missing since the beginning of the season. The defense has also came back, and JR Smith has started consistently driving to the paint, getting to the FT line, and hitting smart jumpers or tough ones only when he needs to.

Hopefully they sustain it through the end of the season, because were gonna need all that and then some in the playoffs.
BLACK MAMBA
keyindabox

Re: Official 2012-2013 NY Knicks Thread: 49-26, Melo SCORCHING

Postby keyindabox on Fri Apr 05, 2013 11:14 pm

Another win, this time over the Bucks for our 11th straight win. Melo with another 40+ point game....dude is just unbelievable.
BLACK MAMBA
keyindabox

Postby FabFourLakers on Fri Apr 05, 2013 11:56 pm

keyindabox wrote:Another win, this time over the Bucks for our 11th straight win. Melo with another 40+ point game....dude is just unbelievable.

One more win, and I win BOTH of my bets!!! I can dig ittttt
FabFourLakers

Postby Finwë on Sat Apr 06, 2013 12:05 am

40 and 14? Wow.
That's 3 straight 40+ games now.

Though Kobe once had 9 straight
Aaand 4 straight 50+ games (including 2 60+ games)... :man1: :man10:

J/K, Melo's playing insane right now
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
Finwë

Postby Daloyalfan18 on Sat Apr 06, 2013 8:23 am

I'm loving the Knicks this season and I've always been a Melo fan/defender. If the Lakers can't win it all they are the only other team besides maybe Chicago that I would be fine with winning it all. :jam2:
Daloyalfan18

Postby The Rock on Sat Apr 06, 2013 4:32 pm

Melo vs Durant tomorrow

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby keyindabox on Sat Apr 06, 2013 10:10 pm

The Rock wrote:Melo vs Durant tomorrow

Yessir, hopefully Melo doesn't get caught up in the hype. I think he will stick with the plan though. I'm going to Wrestlemania so I won't be able to see the whole game, but will definitely be listening on the radio hoping for 12 straight :ball4:
BLACK MAMBA
keyindabox

Postby Weezy on Sun Apr 07, 2013 9:41 pm

So I know you guys lost to the Heat without James and Wade, but you also beat them pretty good twice early in the year (I forget how the other game went). So I'm rooting for the Knicks, maybe I'm crazy but I think they're the only team that has even some chance at beating the Heat in a playoff series. Nice win against OKC today as well.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby juninho on Mon Apr 08, 2013 1:44 am

Knicks reminds me 2011 mavs. They already have Kidd and Chandler. Melo at pf creates miss matches. JR Smith is shooting like JET. Felton penetrates like Barea. Novak is like Peja. They dont have a Marion but they have Shumpert.
juninho

Postby Finwë on Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:27 am

^^ they kinda remind me about them as well.
Finwë

Postby gcclaker on Mon Apr 08, 2013 1:14 pm

More than casual but not exactly ardent Knicks fan since the Riley days... Looking forward to seeing this crew makes some loud noise in the postseason. Was mildly shocked that they went into OKC to beat the Thunder.
No siggie...
gcclaker
CL Global Moderator

Postby JSM on Mon Apr 08, 2013 6:55 pm

They're getting hot at the right time. I think they're one of two teams that will give Miami hell in the post-season and as of now stand the best chance of beating them.

Melo's playing great. He certainly looks ready to get out of the first round this year.
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:44 pm

as long as Amare doesn't come back I think this team can be very dangerous especially in the East.
For what it's worth, the Lakers also clinched the Pacific Division, an achievement Bryant dismissed by saying "We don't hang divisions." No, only the big NBA championship banners are considered wall-worthy for the Lakers.
puffyusaf#2

Re: Official 2012-2013 NY Knicks Thread: 51-26, Clinch Division

Postby keyindabox on Tue Apr 09, 2013 7:26 pm

Well with a resounding win over the Wizards that included tying a franchise record of 20 3-pointers made, the Knicks make it 13 in a row, but more importantly, win the Atlantic Division for the first time since 1993-1994, when they made it to the NBA Finals. Wow....it's been a long and rough road, but it feels pretty damn good :jam2:

Now, it's time to make some noise in the playoffs.

And oh, btw, congrats to my main man, FabFour! :man12:
BLACK MAMBA
keyindabox

PreviousNext

Return to NBA Discussion