Official 2012-2013 NY Knicks Thread: Kidd to retire

Re: Official 2012-2013 NY Knicks Thread

Postby keyindabox on Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:54 pm

Don't wanna be a dick, but 9-0 at home...MSG is starting to become the lion's den it use to be in the Ewing days :jam2:
"Like I say to people all the time, I don’t care what Brooklyn do, I don’t care if they have a better record than we do this year, we still got “New York” on our chest. We’re still New York’s team, regardless of what Brooklyn do." - Ray Felton
BLACK MAMBA
keyindabox
Clublakers Rep: Knicks

Postby dj vitus on Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:06 pm

Just realized the Knicks average almost as many steals... as turnovers! :man4:
"Why are they blocking out all the good stuff? They let Sarah Jessica Parker's face on TV and she looks like a foot!!"
dj vitus

Postby lakersyunowin on Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:10 pm

keyindabox wrote:Don't wanna be a dick, but 9-0 at home...MSG is starting to become the lion's den it use to be in the Ewing days :jam2:

it's cool. we all saw tonight coming 100 miles away.
the artist formerly known as fklukewalton, fksteveblake, and fkmikebrown
lakersyunowin

Postby therealdeal on Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:00 am

Yeah no offense but tonight's win was more like picking on a sick child.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby gill on Fri Dec 14, 2012 4:20 pm

Jason Kidd's veteran leadership was a HUGE gain for the Knicks this season... him and Chandler bring their championship experience from the Mavs, so yeah... I think they have a good shot coming out of the East this year.
gill

Postby FabFourLakers on Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:03 pm

I want my props....everybody doubted the Knicks but I said they would be a top 4 team in the East this year....like I said, I want my props. :man1:
FabFourLakers

Postby keyindabox on Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:33 pm

FabFourLakers wrote:I want my props....everybody doubted the Knicks but I said they would be a top 4 team in the East this year....like I said, I want my props. :man1:

Haha my man, you have always been a consistent NYK supporter throughout the years. I recognize that :bow:

Melo will miss at least tomorrow's game against the Cavs, which is completely fine with me. STAT being able to play would help though, cause no Melo means more shots from Felton and JR who, while he has been great as of late, is very hot/cold as we all know...
"Like I say to people all the time, I don’t care what Brooklyn do, I don’t care if they have a better record than we do this year, we still got “New York” on our chest. We’re still New York’s team, regardless of what Brooklyn do." - Ray Felton
BLACK MAMBA
keyindabox

Postby keyindabox on Sun Dec 16, 2012 11:44 am

Kyrie Irving went off but Knicks were able to hold on. 10-0 at home, got Linsanity's return next!
BLACK MAMBA
keyindabox

Re: Are The Knicks For Real?

Postby XXIV on Sun Dec 16, 2012 2:49 pm

^ How can you say NY has no chance against Miami in the playoffs? Sure the regular season means nothing once the playoffs start, but the regular season allows teams to measure up to their competition and in this case NY has been playing extremely well without one of their best players in Amare.
XXIV

Postby revgen on Sun Dec 16, 2012 2:54 pm

The Knicks are capable of knocking off Miami. Shooting teams have done it before. See Dallas in 2011. I'd say they're even better than Dallas because Melo would do a great job of giving Lebron matchup issues. The Knicks have a way better bench too.
"Every time he’s hurt, he always plays, he always comes through."

- Metta World Peace on teammate Kobe Bryant
revgen
HDTV/Multimedia Guru

Postby The Original 81 on Sun Dec 16, 2012 3:59 pm

I'm definitely buying the Knicks right now. I'd still go with Miami in a 7 game series if my life depended on it, but the Knicks have a chance. Melo's been fantastic, JR Smith seems to have developed some brain matter, and they're two deep at every position.
"Let me say one more thing about Kobe. He will be the best player in the history of the game. If he keeps doing what he's doing, there is no stopping him. He is that good." - Shaquille O'Neal in his autobiography, "Shaq Talks Back"
The Original 81

Postby FabFourLakers on Sun Dec 16, 2012 9:37 pm

For people saying the Knicks need on more scorer to beat Miami? His name is Amare Stoudemire.
FabFourLakers

Postby dwighthowardsdad on Sun Dec 16, 2012 10:34 pm

I have to seem them completely healthy. Amare are Shumpert are big pieces that are missing, and I want to see how big of an improvment they make with those two in the rotation. They are playing great basketball, though...
dwighthowardsdad

Postby Texas Lakers Fan on Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:50 am

FabFourLakers wrote:For people saying the Knicks need on more scorer to beat Miami? His name is Amare Stoudemire.

Hopefully he doesn't screw everything up when he returns.
Texas Lakers Fan

Re: Official 2012-2013 NY Knicks Thread (Are they for real?)

Postby purp n gold on Mon Dec 17, 2012 6:21 am

Miami is still the favorite, but NY as decent chance of pulling the upset. As Revgen said, shooting teams can beat Miami.

Take that 2011 Mavs team and:
Replace Dirk with Melo
Jason Terry with JR Smith
DeShawn with Ronnie Brewer
JJ Barea with Ray Felton
Brian Cardinal with Rasheed Wallace
Peja's corpse with Steve Novak

With Kidd and Chandler playing their same roles... and you have a younger, athletic (possibly better) version of that '11 Mavs team. If they successfully fit in Amare and Shumpert, I can see it happening.
There are two teams that play in the Staples Center:
the LA Lakers and NBA Clippers.
purp n gold

Postby LakerFan1235 on Mon Dec 17, 2012 8:29 pm

Knicks' fans better hope they don't meet the rockets in the finals :man9:
Every time I begin to ask, "Is he really as great as I think he is?" ...He proves that he is.
Every time I begin to wonder...He proves it...That is why I won't lose hope in him.
You know who I am talking about.
LakerFan1235

Postby FabFourLakers on Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:09 am

eh, they played without Melo...and yes Rockets did thrash them in Houston when Melo played...but the Knicks are a much better home team, and I think this would have been a "W" if Melo played.

People need to be reminded of one thing about Amare: He is one of the hardest working players in the league when it comes to rehab. The guy came back from one of the toughest sports injuries and he played just as well as he did pre-microfracture. He'll be fine, and he'll find his fit with the team. There's no way that Amare is going to drop off this badly and screw up everything for the #1 team in the East. They aren't suddenly gonna become a .500 ball club cuz of Amare. It's always funny to me when ppl say "well wait til amare comes back and screws it all up..." he's a competitor and he wants to win, he will find a way to make it work and help this team win.
FabFourLakers

Postby therealdeal on Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:39 am

^ Who are you fan of? :man10:

Anyway, the Lakers were playing without Pau AND Nash and they aren't getting any slack, I'm not giving New York s*** for playing without Melo.

They should have won that game.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby DarthRekal on Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:51 pm

while i cant stand melo.. i have to say it is nice that they are atop the east.. i hope they take out the HEAT :mad1:
Lakers Motto: HOF Guards, We MAKE 'Em... HOF Centers, We TAKE 'Em
DarthRekal
Cookie Monster

Postby FabFourLakers on Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:19 am

therealdeal wrote:^ Who are you fan of? :man10:

Anyway, the Lakers were playing without Pau AND Nash and they aren't getting any slack, I'm not giving New York s*** for playing without Melo.

They should have won that game.

LOL. Man you probably weren't paying attention but before the season started I told everybody the Knicks were gonna be a top 4 squad, and in fact, I've got 2 separate bets with 2 of my friends who are nets fans...cuz when the Nets re-signed DWill, traded for JJ and re-signed Brook, Hump, and signed blatche, he stated that the Nets were now the best team in NY. I ended up betting him that the KNICKS would be the better squad, and they'll end with a better regular season record than the Nets. He decided to put money on it, and I gladly agreed. Then my other friend, a nets/clippers fan (yes he lived a very hard life), also thought that the Knicks weren't that good...and I bet HIM that the Knicks would finish in the top 4 AND ahead of the Nets. The winner of that bet gets Morton's Steakhouse. lol.

Anyways, with that being said, there's a huge difference between us not having Pau and Nash and the Knicks not having Melo and Amare...lakers should NOT get any slack for not having Pau and Nash cuz, we stil have KOBE AND DWIGHT...two of the top 10 players in the league with solid role players SHOULDNT lose to teams like the Cavs, Jazz at home, Pacers without Granger, etc. The Knicks played a very good Houston Rockets team (one which beat us), and without Melo and Amare, they shouldn't be expected to win.
FabFourLakers

Postby therealdeal on Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:39 pm

I don't think you can even come close to throwing in Amar'e's name. He's not in the same stratosphere as any of the other players you mentioned.

And I DO think that's fair to say. The Lakers have Dwight and Kobe and after that I don't know how many of our bench guys make it onto other teams. Meeks, Hill, Jamison, and that's probably it. New York has maybe the 2nd deepest team in the league and anyone after their starting five would be on another team somewhere.

The slack should be exactly the same for both teams.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby keyindabox on Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:37 pm

therealdeal wrote:I don't think you can even come close to throwing in Amar'e's name. He's not in the same stratosphere as any of the other players you mentioned.

And I DO think that's fair to say. The Lakers have Dwight and Kobe and after that I don't know how many of our bench guys make it onto other teams. Meeks, Hill, Jamison, and that's probably it. New York has maybe the 2nd deepest team in the league and anyone after their starting five would be on another team somewhere.

I think you are underestimating the importance of still have superstar guys. Sure, we have much more depth, but without the core which the talent has been built around, it's much more difficult. Still thought we should've won, but it's whatever.

By the way, I think we can safely say the Knicks are the best team in NYC. Took firm control in the second half of tonight's game and now are up 2-1 in the season series. Nets seem to be having issues getting both Joe Johnson and Deron to play well.
BLACK MAMBA
keyindabox

Postby therealdeal on Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:44 am

Isn't that the point? We're playing with a group of core guys that are built around Nash/Howard/Kobe/Gasol and we've played only 6 quarters where those guys are together. How do you hold us to a higher standard and not New York? Especially when the role players in New York are much better than the ones in LA.

As for the Knicks being the best, yes that's certain. But when Brooklyn decided to build around Lopez in the first place they dug their own grave there.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby FabFourLakers on Fri Dec 21, 2012 12:15 am

therealdeal wrote:I don't think you can even come close to throwing in Amar'e's name. He's not in the same stratosphere as any of the other players you mentioned.

Lol come on man so you're telling me that a team with Kobe and Dwight and solid role players (yes, mwp, meeks, duhon, hill and jamison are SOLID role players) should be EXCUSED from LOSING to [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] squads AT HOME (jazz, pacers without GRANGER, MAGIC, Cavs, KINGS, etc) because they didn't have Pau and Nash? I don't care what UNIVERSE we're on...there should be NO EXCUSE to lose to some of the worst teams in the LEAGUE at home OR on the road...that just shouldn't happen. There are PLENTY of other teams with injuries to their STAR players, look at Minnesota without Rubio/Love, Mavs without Dirk, teams like that, they are not doing well but they're still ahead of us in spite of those injuries. What's our excuse? The truth is we SHOULDN'T have one. A team with KOBE, who is playing out of his MIND this year and incredibly efficient, and even a 75-80% Dwight with SOLID ROLE PLAYERS (once again, guys like Hill, Jamison, Meeks and MWP would all be either starting on other teams or be heavy rotation players), should NOT EFFING LOSE TO THE SQUADS I MENTIONED ABOVE!!!!!!! It's THAT effing simple.

The Knicks missing their two BEST PLAYERS (yes, Melo and Amare are still their best players, don't get it twisted with Chandler/Felton) and playing against a TOUGH houston rockets squad at home, no, they should NOT be held to the same standard as the LAKERS who HAVE their 2 best players still playing in Howard and Kobe. And you keep saying Knicks role players are way better than ours....but to be honest, they are not THAT much better. Novak isn't starting on any NBA teams. Neither is Rasheed. neither is Prigioni. The only one that would start is JR Smith. If you wanna argue that its a COACHING issue, then I get what you're saying, because Woodson is just using his team correctly and to their strengths, while Dantoni is not. But if youre talking clearly about injuries and us having an "excuse" to lose to bad teams despite having Kobe/Dwight and solid role players? I disagree. Lakers don't get that excuse, and the Knicks SHOULD get that excuse with their star players out.
FabFourLakers

Postby therealdeal on Fri Dec 21, 2012 10:19 am

No I'm not saying they should be excused, I'm saying neither should New York! Why are you trying to hold them to a different standard? That makes no sense!

The Lakers SHOULD be winning without those two. The Knicks SHOULD win without Melo. Simple as that.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to NBA Discussion