Official 2012-2013 NY Knicks Thread: Kidd to retire

Official 2012-2013 NY Knicks Thread: Kidd to retire

Postby keyindabox on Wed Nov 21, 2012 8:45 am

WHUDDUP GUYS?!

It's been a long time since I've posted, been real busy adjusting to law school and getting into the grind. But I can't help but think how I posted about my Knicks for so many years on this board while we sucked, and *knock on wood* we are 8-1 right now and it feels amazing! :jam2:

So I decided to make an official thread like I have in the past. I mean I'm the Knicks Rep, so I gotta do this, right? :man12:
Last edited by keyindabox on Mon Jun 03, 2013 9:39 am, edited 28 times in total.
"Like I say to people all the time, I don’t care what Brooklyn do, I don’t care if they have a better record than we do this year, we still got “New York” on our chest. We’re still New York’s team, regardless of what Brooklyn do." - Ray Felton
BLACK MAMBA
keyindabox
Clublakers Rep: Knicks

Re: Official 2012-2013 NY Knicks Thread

Postby keyindabox on Wed Nov 21, 2012 9:01 am

lakerswiz wrote:Saw the title and knew it was my man from way back. How's life been?! These Knicks are fun to watch.

Haha my man, life is good. Just trying to make it through my first semester of law school here in PA, definitely tough but thankful for the chance and definitely more thankful that Thanksgiving break is here! And yeah man, seeing the Knicks play consistent defense and smart basketball is something I can definitely get used to! Melo is playing the best ball of his life and it's beautiful. How you been brotha?
"Like I say to people all the time, I don’t care what Brooklyn do, I don’t care if they have a better record than we do this year, we still got “New York” on our chest. We’re still New York’s team, regardless of what Brooklyn do." - Ray Felton
BLACK MAMBA
keyindabox

Postby therealdeal on Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:28 am

:man1:
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby jimbo327 on Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:31 am

LOL. Welcome back.

Let's see how long Carmelo can keep this up. I still think there will be a implosion some time during the season.
Soylent Green is People!
jimbo327

Postby D.B. Cooper on Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:32 pm

jimbo327 wrote:LOL. Welcome back.

Let's see how long Carmelo can keep this up. I still think there will be a implosion some time during the season.

When stat comes back.
D.B. Cooper

Postby D.B. Cooper on Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:34 pm

Dbl
Last edited by D.B. Cooper on Thu Nov 22, 2012 7:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
D.B. Cooper

Re: Are The Knicks For Real?

Postby dmaul on Wed Nov 21, 2012 4:11 pm

karacha wrote:Hope I'm wrong, because I would like to see LAL vs NYK finals.

Haha, that would be a dream matchup. I don't think either of the two are making it though. Lakers have got a better shot than them and they're in a tougher conference. Just can't picture them beating Miami four times. Maybe if Wade is not 100% they have a chance.
dmaul

Postby XXIV on Wed Nov 21, 2012 5:34 pm

dmaul wrote:
karacha wrote:Hope I'm wrong, because I would like to see LAL vs NYK finals.

Haha, that would be a dream matchup. I don't think either of the two are making it though. Lakers have got a better shot than them and they're in a tougher conference. Just can't picture them beating Miami four times. Maybe if Wade is not 100% they have a chance.

So what you're saying is they always have a chance.
XXIV

Postby dmaul on Wed Nov 21, 2012 7:36 pm

^ haha. I guess I mean if he looks like how he looked last year. But Wade does seem to be hitting the wall faster compared to Kobe at the same age. I wonder how LeBron will look when he's in his 30s.
dmaul

Postby jimbo327 on Wed Nov 21, 2012 9:17 pm

Yeah, the East is really weak. I watched the C's for a little bit, they got nothing inside. They cannot beat the Heat, especially now that they have 2 legit shooting vets in Ray Allen and Rashard Lewis. Pacers completely fell apart, and with Granger out...they have no shot. Same with Sixers, I thought they would make some noise but bowling has set that team back big time. All of the other teams are just average. Knicks do have a good shot to being in the top 3 in the East if they don't go back to Melo iso ball.
Soylent Green is People!
jimbo327

Postby Scnottaken on Thu Nov 22, 2012 2:15 am

8-2 now.
I want to hear "Beat LA" chants at a Clipper vs Laker game
Scnottaken

Postby FabFourLakers on Sat Nov 24, 2012 1:46 am

Argh, 8-3 now....131 points to the ROCKETS??!?! Come on NY, ur making me look bad!!!!

btw key, welcome back!!! I had been WONDERING where you were! I was like come on man this is the biggest Knicks fan in the world and he's nowhere to be found! I have been telling everyone here that i like the knicks alot this year so much that i have 2 separate bets with my two friends who are nets "fans". Basically I said the Knicks will finish in the top 4 with one of my friends, and with my other friend I said the Knicks will finish with abetter record than the Nets...and its double or nothing if they face off in the playoffs!!!

A little bit of a bump, but I'm sure NY will rebound from these losses. I am a bit worried about how they will look when Amare is back though. The one guy im excited to see play once he's back is IMAN SHUMPERT. I think the Knicks can get even better if woodson can figure out the rotations!
FabFourLakers

Postby keyindabox on Mon Nov 26, 2012 7:47 am

FabFourLakers wrote:Argh, 8-3 now....131 points to the ROCKETS??!?! Come on NY, ur making me look bad!!!!

btw key, welcome back!!! I had been WONDERING where you were! I was like come on man this is the biggest Knicks fan in the world and he's nowhere to be found! I have been telling everyone here that i like the knicks alot this year so much that i have 2 separate bets with my two friends who are nets "fans". Basically I said the Knicks will finish in the top 4 with one of my friends, and with my other friend I said the Knicks will finish with abetter record than the Nets...and its double or nothing if they face off in the playoffs!!!

A little bit of a bump, but I'm sure NY will rebound from these losses. I am a bit worried about how they will look when Amare is back though. The one guy im excited to see play once he's back is IMAN SHUMPERT. I think the Knicks can get even better if woodson can figure out the rotations!

Haha thanks bro, I've been gone too long to be the Knicks rep of CL, that's for sure!

That Rockets game was tough, team definitely didn't come to play and basically got ran out of the gym. They recovered nicely with a 21-point victory against the Pistons yesterday, but tonight's game will be much more meaningful. First regular season game between Brooklyn and New York, Melo playing in his hometown for the first time, over 100 members of the media set to be there in addition to the game being on national TV, can't wait!
BLACK MAMBA
keyindabox

Postby FabFourLakers on Mon Nov 26, 2012 3:31 pm

keyindabox wrote:
FabFourLakers wrote:Argh, 8-3 now....131 points to the ROCKETS??!?! Come on NY, ur making me look bad!!!!

Haha thanks bro, I've been gone too long to be the Knicks rep of CL, that's for sure!

That Rockets game was tough, team definitely didn't come to play and basically got ran out of the gym. They recovered nicely with a 21-point victory against the Pistons yesterday, but tonight's game will be much more meaningful. First regular season game between Brooklyn and New York, Melo playing in his hometown for the first time, over 100 members of the media set to be there in addition to the game being on national TV, can't wait!

Dude you're telling me. It's a pretty hyped matchup. The Nets are definitely solid this year...as I expected they would be. But I think the Knicks are STILL the better and DEEPER team. I look forward to the game!!!
FabFourLakers

Postby XXIV on Mon Nov 26, 2012 4:19 pm

It should be an awesome game, one with a lot of energy from both the crowd and players. Luckily it's on TNT for all of us to watch.
XXIV

Postby gill on Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:09 pm

Knicks played stupid ball in that OT against Brooklyn. Felton had like 5 of the last 6 shots and he's been cold all game. Took Melo out of his groove.
gill

Postby keyindabox on Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:26 pm

gill wrote:Knicks played stupid ball in that OT against Brooklyn. Felton had like 5 of the last 6 shots and he's been cold all game. Took Melo out of his groove.

Yeah I think Woodson mismanaged with Kidd being out and Brewer dislocating his finger. Even had James White in in OT. That says something. Hopefully both teams are full strength or close to it next game.
BLACK MAMBA
keyindabox

Postby FabFourLakers on Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:44 pm

keyindabox wrote:
gill wrote:Knicks played stupid ball in that OT against Brooklyn. Felton had like 5 of the last 6 shots and he's been cold all game. Took Melo out of his groove.

Yeah I think Woodson mismanaged with Kidd being out and Brewer dislocating his finger. Even had James White in in OT. That says something. Hopefully both teams are full strength or close to it next game.

More like hopefully the KNICKS are full strength next game. Brooklyn caught some breaks with jason kidd also being out...he usually enables felton to do what he does....but then again Brooklyn's oldest player did WORK tonight....cant believe STACKHOUSE is still playing in this league!!!!
FabFourLakers

Postby jimbo327 on Thu Nov 29, 2012 8:01 am

It's a big game when Jay Z and Beyonce shows up courtside. And Brooklyn taking it...ouch. NY likes winners, and Nets are in Brooklyn now...it might be a "takeover". :man10:

Reminds me of how Clippers are trying to take over LA right now. Very close similarities. Clippers are really good this year too.
Soylent Green is People!
jimbo327

Postby keyindabox on Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:45 am

jimbo327 wrote:It's a big game when Jay Z and Beyonce shows up courtside. And Brooklyn taking it...ouch. NY likes winners, and Nets are in Brooklyn now...it might be a "takeover". :man10:

Reminds me of how Clippers are trying to take over LA right now. Very close similarities. Clippers are really good this year too.

Yeah Brooklyn fans are really gassed up after that one win. I didn't even sweat the loss though. We'll see them the 11th.

Thought this article was very interesting:

Sources: Stoudemire Willing To Accept 6th Man Role
http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/22 ... h_Man_Role

With the New York Knicks off to a quick start while he recovers from a left knee injury, two sources contend that Amar'e Stoudemire will accept a role as sixth man when he returns if asked.

"All he cares about right now is helping the team and winning," said one source. "He'd be fine with coming off the bench if that's what they want."

Stoudemire hasn't spoken with reporters since suffering a left knee injury.

Stoudemire is expected to miss at least two more weeks.
BLACK MAMBA
keyindabox

Postby FabFourLakers on Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:53 pm

Maybe the Heat didn't hear the Knicks the first time they got blown out....

I'm impressed by this victory because it was on the second night of a back to back on the road after a TOUGH game in charlotte last night....and they pulled this one out without Melo. I want to say that Miami took it too easy early on, as they knew the Knicks didn't have Melo. Miami has that tendency to fall asleep against inferior teams. Still, no excuse to lose, and Wade really needs to step his game up. He has been atrocious this year...aside from a few good games lately...he really hasn't looked like DWade at all. Either he needs to take some time off like Gasol is right now, or he's seriously slowing down faster than anyone could have expected. Bosh and Lebron have been pretty consistent, but just those 2 isn't gonna be enough thsi year, esp with the way the Knicks and Nets are playing, and the way we KNOW the Celtics will eventually play. They will need their big 3 to play at their BEST to beat those teams.

Are the Knicks for real? As far as being a top 3 team, yes....but now I'm starting to believe they could maybe make a serious run...Felton did his part, now its Amare's turn. Can he contribute as a 6th man?
FabFourLakers

Postby kenshi1023 on Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:41 am

Maybe miami is letting the knicks win by not playing their true game so that in the playoffs they can catch them by surprise. Kinda like the art of war.
lakers turned mr.potatohead into pringles!
kenshi1023

Postby kenzo on Fri Dec 07, 2012 3:14 am

The NYK success makes me a little bit more concerned about Mike's coaching skills.
kenzo

Postby Weezy on Fri Dec 07, 2012 3:26 am

Seems like they're pretty real at this point. I'm still not convinced that they can beat the Heat in the playoffs, but they are clearly a really good team at least in the regular season. Things they lacked were kind of addressed it seems, they added veterans and they play defense now. Kidd is playing well, Sheed is playing well, Brewer was a nice pickup, Felton has stepped it up from last season, and I have to think at the very least Camby and Thomas are good locker room vets that are making the team more mature.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby keyindabox on Fri Dec 07, 2012 9:29 am

How I feel after last night's blowout of the Miami Heat:

BLACK MAMBA
keyindabox

Next

Return to NBA Discussion