Official 2012-2013 NY Knicks Thread: Kidd to retire

Re: Official 2012-2013 NY Knicks Thread: 34-20

Postby Finwë on Thu Feb 28, 2013 8:26 am

^^ it was an awesome game. Curry played out of his mind, and on the other end the Knicks kept responding, be it JR or Melo or Tyson crashing the glass..

I think it was the best performance at the Garden since Kobe and LeBron did their things back on '09
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
Finwë

Postby therealdeal on Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:12 am

That was a fun game. It was an interesting look into the two teams and it was easy to see which team was better (although to be fair Bogut and Lee were out).

But watching Curry drain shot after shot and watching the Knicks answer back with offensive rebounds and with 3s of their own. It was just clear who was better as a unit.

And the last time someone got that hot in the Garden, Spike made a movie about him. :man1:
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby JSM on Sat Mar 02, 2013 5:21 pm

Thought this was an interesting little nugget:

Chris Tomasson ‏@christomasson

New York forward Kenyon Martin is the first overall No. 1 pick in NBA history to sign a 10-day contract.
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Postby keyindabox on Sat Mar 02, 2013 7:19 pm

The Heat come into town tomorrow, and with the Knicks taking the first two, Miami is going to really bring it. Heat are on a tear while the Knicks have slowed down, but with a 3-game winning streak and some tough defense finally starting to come back, we might be up for the test. Needless to say, I'm pumped :jam2:
"Like I say to people all the time, I don’t care what Brooklyn do, I don’t care if they have a better record than we do this year, we still got “New York” on our chest. We’re still New York’s team, regardless of what Brooklyn do." - Ray Felton
BLACK MAMBA
keyindabox
Clublakers Rep: Knicks

Postby FabFourLakers on Sat Mar 02, 2013 8:25 pm

keyindabox wrote:The Heat come into town tomorrow, and with the Knicks taking the first two, Miami is going to really bring it. Heat are on a tear while the Knicks have slowed down, but with a 3-game winning streak and some tough defense finally starting to come back, we might be up for the test. Needless to say, I'm pumped :jam2:

Big test to seee where the Knicks are at this late in the season....and of course, last time someone went off in the garden, LeBron came in and dropped a triple double along with 52 points. Let's hope he doesn't get off like that tomorrow.
FabFourLakers

Re: Official 2012-2013 NY Knicks Thread: 35-20

Postby keyindabox on Mon Mar 04, 2013 8:35 am

We played so well, especially on the defensive end, but in my opinion, Woodson screwed up big time by not having STAT in at the end of the game, or most of the 4th for that matter. I don't care if the "matchups" are better without him in there, you put your best players in at the end of the game, period. Especially considering he was having great success against Bosh AND Birdman, and he was only at 21 minutes, well under his cap of 30 minutes a game. With STAT in there, we have somewhat of an inside-outside game, without him, we are a predictable perimeter team and all the focus goes to shutting down Melo. I'm really getting sick of this late game crap by Woodson, especially considering we have other bigs in Martin and Camby but he chooses to play small ball instead.
"Like I say to people all the time, I don’t care what Brooklyn do, I don’t care if they have a better record than we do this year, we still got “New York” on our chest. We’re still New York’s team, regardless of what Brooklyn do." - Ray Felton
BLACK MAMBA
keyindabox

Re: Official 2012-2013 NY Knicks Thread: 36-21

Postby keyindabox on Sat Mar 09, 2013 4:59 pm

Amar'e....... :man5:
BLACK MAMBA
keyindabox

Postby KB24 on Sat Mar 09, 2013 5:14 pm

You guys better be ready to play against the Jazz.

The Lakers need them to lose.

"It is not how big you are, it is how big you play"
"Basketball doesn't build character. It reveals it"
"Be strong in body, clean in mind, lofty in ideals"
KB24
Site Admin

Postby keyindabox on Sat Mar 09, 2013 5:22 pm

KB24 wrote:You guys better be ready to play against the Jazz.

The Lakers need them to lose.

Well Milsap isn't playing, so that definitely helps. We need this win too.
BLACK MAMBA
keyindabox

Postby keyindabox on Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:04 am

How's a 29-point win for you guys :man12:
BLACK MAMBA
keyindabox

Postby purp n gold on Sun Mar 10, 2013 2:26 am

GDAMNIT I wish the Lakers were 36-21.

I salute your squad for giving the Lakers a hand though :jam2:
There are two teams that play in the Staples Center:
the LA Lakers and NBA Clippers.
purp n gold

Postby KB24 on Sun Mar 10, 2013 4:02 am

thank you NYC....well played. :jam2: :bow:

KB24
Site Admin

Re: Official 2012-2013 NY Knicks Thread: 38-22

Postby Finwë on Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:47 am

Now get GS :jam2:
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
Finwë

Postby Jazzygirl205 on Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:44 pm

Why didn't they beat Golden State :bang: I had Golden State losing to them, darn it!! :man2:
Jazzygirl205

Postby keyindabox on Fri Mar 15, 2013 8:44 pm

Boy, when it rains, it pours.....well at least you guys are doing better now! :/
BLACK MAMBA
keyindabox

Re: Official 2012-2013 NY Knicks Thread: 38-25

Postby Finwë on Sat Mar 16, 2013 1:37 am

Is Melo playing Sunday?
Finwë

Postby therealdeal on Sat Mar 16, 2013 9:03 am

keyindabox wrote:Boy, when it rains, it pours.....well at least you guys are doing better now! :/

Trust us we know about injuries...

but I think what's more worrisome for you guys is the disintegrating chemistry I've been hearing about. Guys unhappy with Melo and whatnot.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby keyindabox on Sat Mar 16, 2013 12:50 pm

therealdeal wrote:
keyindabox wrote:Boy, when it rains, it pours.....well at least you guys are doing better now! :/

Trust us we know about injuries...

but I think what's more worrisome for you guys is the disintegrating chemistry I've been hearing about. Guys unhappy with Melo and whatnot.

Actually, there have really been no rumblings in the locker room, and considering it's NY, you would think something would come out if there was even a possibility of tension. I actually think the chemistry between the guys in terms of the locker room has been encouraging, as we've gone through a lot of ups and downs lately and no one seems to be upset at Melo or anyone else. There was a good discussion between the commentators during the Knicks-Portland game about how through everything we've gone through since around the all-star break to now, the team has held together pretty well.

But in terms of chemistry on the court, I am definitely concerned. We were really starting to come together until STAT go hurt again, now I'm afraid of having to make up for all that progress at the beginning of the playoffs, which obviously is not ideal.

Finwë wrote:Is Melo playing Sunday?

Melo and Chandler are questionable for tomorrow against the Clippers, but I honestly would rather them rest up at this point. Why Melo is even being flow to LA after JUST having his knee drained is kinda beyond me. He should be getting rest.
BLACK MAMBA
keyindabox

Postby FabFourLakers on Sat Mar 16, 2013 2:54 pm

Man this sucks...all because of injuries, my bets are in serious jeopardy...and Knicks schedule is brutal right now...Clippers and Jazz b2b....i got those 2 as losses esp without Melo/Chandler...and of course Amare being out for rest of the season really sucks too...basically their top 3 players are out...can't expect them to win games right now. Ugh, they had a solid 5 game lead on the Nets and it has completely vanished down the stretch...hopefully Knicks can turn it around. They've basically been a .500 team since starting 18-6.
FabFourLakers

Postby KB24 on Sat Mar 16, 2013 2:56 pm

We need help against the Jazz again...last time around you guys gave us a 30 point win...

time to kill the Jazz...again!

KB24
Site Admin

Postby dj vitus on Sun Mar 17, 2013 12:38 pm

Nice early lead against the Clips. Maybe Clips will drop down in the standings and face mile-high Denver in the 1st round. :man9:
"Why are they blocking out all the good stuff? They let Sarah Jessica Parker's face on TV and she looks like a foot!!"
dj vitus

Postby keyindabox on Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:06 pm

Well we lost by 13, but nothing to be ashamed of in my opinion. Battled hard on both ends, but being down your 3 best players while also going up against a perennial Western conference team is too difficult in the end.
BLACK MAMBA
keyindabox

Postby therealdeal on Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:25 am

keyindabox wrote:Well we lost by 13, but nothing to be ashamed of in my opinion. Battled hard on both ends, but being down your 3 best players while also going up against a perennial Western conference team is too difficult in the end.

Perennial- present at all times of the year; continuing without interruption over year(s); regularly repeated or renewed.

I think you've got the wrong LA in mind. Or the wrong adjective. :man1: :man9:
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby gcclaker on Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:34 am

Injuries are cropping up at an unfortunate time for New York. Anthony...Chandler...Stoudemire. Offense. Defense. Key bench player.
No siggie...
gcclaker
CL Global Moderator

Re: Official 2012-2013 NY Knicks Thread: 39-26

Postby keyindabox on Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:35 pm

therealdeal wrote:
keyindabox wrote:Well we lost by 13, but nothing to be ashamed of in my opinion. Battled hard on both ends, but being down your 3 best players while also going up against a perennial Western conference team is too difficult in the end.

Perennial- present at all times of the year; continuing without interruption over year(s); regularly repeated or renewed.

I think you've got the wrong LA in mind. Or the wrong adjective. :man1: :man9:

Haha you right you right.

Beat the Jazz again, ya'll happy? :man12:
BLACK MAMBA
keyindabox

PreviousNext

Return to NBA Discussion