Re: Are The Knicks For Real?

Postby therealdeal on Fri Dec 07, 2012 9:50 am

ImageImage
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Finwë on Fri Dec 07, 2012 2:25 pm

Like I said in my fist post in this thread, they are "for real" right now, no question, but the impact of Amare's return is still a ? mark. Shumpert should help, and Amare isn't cancer, but he could negatively affect their chemistry, especially on O, and it's not like he plays much D either.. I think they should trade him for even more pieces, become the deepest team in the league with Melo as their centerpiece.
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
Finwë

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Fri Dec 07, 2012 3:04 pm

My concern with the Knicks is Amare. Amare and Melo just don't seem to work great together. If Amare can come back and mesh then the Knicks will be nasty.
For what it's worth, the Lakers also clinched the Pacific Division, an achievement Bryant dismissed by saying "We don't hang divisions." No, only the big NBA championship banners are considered wall-worthy for the Lakers.
puffyusaf#2

Postby FabFourLakers on Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:11 am

puffyusaf#2 wrote:My concern with the Knicks is Amare. Amare and Melo just don't seem to work great together. If Amare can come back and mesh then the Knicks will be nasty.

Amare worked on his game this past offseason with Hakeem. I think you will see better chemistry between those two...but Amare has also seen how well this team has played without him...he's not gonna try to disrupt anything...he's going to try and just fit in....the good thing is him and felton had great chemistry on pick and roll 2 yrs ago...I expect them to pick up right where they left off...and Kidd is also going to help Amare get easy baskets. Also, when Chandler goes to the bench, there won't be such a large drop off when Amare is in the game because of his offensive skill. The defense will suffer, but at least Amare will make his opponent guard him.
FabFourLakers

Re: Official 2012-2013 NY Knicks Thread

Postby FabFourLakers on Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:13 am

keyindabox wrote:How I feel after last night's blowout of the Miami Heat:

LOL. Is that how you feel after tonight's victory over the Nuggets?

Keep it coming Knicks....you're making me very happy right now! (Contrary to what the Lakers have done for me this season.... :bang: )
FabFourLakers

Postby frankrj on Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:21 am

I think NY is for real. Tyson plays against Miami well. With their shooters, speed (Felton, Shumpert), defensive intensity (Shumpert, Chandler). If Miami stays the way they are expect the Knicks in the finals. Can they stop OKC? I don't think so. OKC's penetration, nobody to guard Durant, and OKC's bench are too much.
Amare should welcome his role to come off the bench (or less minutes than he is used to) or trade him. I just think he will be traded eventually to..? D'Antoni's new team?
There's too much chemistry now and they do not miss Amare. They have scorers - Melo, Smith, Novak, and Felton.
frankrj

Postby abeer3 on Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:16 pm

what's real? an upper echelon team in the east? if so, then yes. do i think it's realistic for them to beat miami? nope.
abeer3

Postby The Rock on Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:26 pm

They need one more scorer to compete with Miami. Also Amare better be coming off the bench, hes gonna mess up the starting lineup.

Shumpert is gonna be a nice add for that team, he defends PG/SGs well. They dont have an answer for Lebron though, Ronnie Brewer is alright but need someone better.

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby revgen on Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:15 pm

They are are a slow-it-down team with the shooters necessary to make it work. Something we did under Brown last season, but failed miserably since our outside shooting was so awful.
"Every time he’s hurt, he always plays, he always comes through."

- Metta World Peace on teammate Kobe Bryant
revgen
HDTV/Multimedia Guru

Postby XXIV on Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:18 pm

puffyusaf#2 wrote:My concern with the Knicks is Amare. Amare and Melo just don't seem to work great together. If Amare can come back and mesh then the Knicks will be nasty.

That's their main issue, and because of it I believe Amare should be coming off the bench and become their go to guy when their starters are resting. It'll be interesting to see how they handle the whole situation and whether Amare is really ok with a new role.
XXIV

Postby Texas Lakers Fan on Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:37 pm

The Rock wrote:They need one more scorer to compete with Miami. Also Amare better be coming off the bench, hes gonna mess up the starting lineup.

Shumpert is gonna be a nice add for that team, he defends PG/SGs well. They dont have an answer for Lebron though, Ronnie Brewer is alright but need someone better.

Compete with Miami? They just DESTROYED Miami twice. They clearly already can compete with them.
Texas Lakers Fan

Postby keyindabox on Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:16 pm

FabFourLakers wrote:
keyindabox wrote:How I feel after last night's blowout of the Miami Heat:

LOL. Is that how you feel after tonight's victory over the Nuggets?

Keep it coming Knicks....you're making me very happy right now! (Contrary to what the Lakers have done for me this season.... :bang: )

Haha not as happy about that win but still great nonetheless. Now comes another game in Brooklyn tomorrow night. Brook Lopez is a game-time decision...I really hope he plays. I want to beat that team at full strength.
"Like I say to people all the time, I don’t care what Brooklyn do, I don’t care if they have a better record than we do this year, we still got “New York” on our chest. We’re still New York’s team, regardless of what Brooklyn do." - Ray Felton
BLACK MAMBA
keyindabox
Clublakers Rep: Knicks

Postby keyindabox on Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:18 pm

Got a season thread started guys! Let's try to talk in there! :man11:

nba-discussion/official-2012-2013-knicks-thread-t136429.html#p3750623
"Like I say to people all the time, I don’t care what Brooklyn do, I don’t care if they have a better record than we do this year, we still got “New York” on our chest. We’re still New York’s team, regardless of what Brooklyn do." - Ray Felton
BLACK MAMBA
keyindabox

Postby Texas Lakers Fan on Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:20 pm

I wouldn't be shocked to see the Knicks win the East.
Texas Lakers Fan

Postby keyindabox on Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:27 pm

Texas Lakers Fan wrote:I wouldn't be shocked to see the Knicks win the East.

In the end, it's gonna depend on the elephant in the room....Amare.

I don't know, but I just feel like it will work with him.. Woodson has worked wonders with this roster, and I just feel that STAT, working incredibly hard to come back, and knowing that the team has a great shot at doing something special this year, will do whatever he's asked to help the team win. Maybe that's coming off the bench? I don't think STAT would mind, the media will make something out of it, but he just wants to win. And maybe it's just me being a loyal STAT fan, but I think he can make it work. We will see, rumor so far has been an X-mas return, so hopefully soon.
BLACK MAMBA
keyindabox

Postby XXIV on Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:30 pm

^ Well he's seen what the team is capable of without him, so perhaps him coming off the bench and being more of the focal point with the 2nd unit will suit best. I'm very curious as to what Woodson has planned and whether it'll all work out in the end.
XXIV

Postby keyindabox on Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:35 pm

XXIV wrote:^ Well he's seen what the team is capable of without him, so perhaps him coming off the bench and being more of the focal point with the 2nd unit will suit best. I'm very curious as to what Woodson has planned and whether it'll all work out in the end.

Yeah, the only problem though is that eventually, they are going to have to be on the floor together. When it comes down to it, in the 4th quarter, Amare is gonna be out there with Melo. I guess it's up to Woodson, like you said, to find the right mix to make it work.
BLACK MAMBA
keyindabox

Postby purp n gold on Tue Dec 11, 2012 3:04 pm

On a side note I'm pretty impressed with JR Smith. He's been a bonehead all these years, but in the past 2 or 3 he's been a reliable starter-level-scoring 6th man. Props for stepping up when Melo is/was out too.
There are two teams that play in the Staples Center:
the LA Lakers and NBA Clippers.
purp n gold

Postby therealdeal on Tue Dec 11, 2012 4:14 pm

I may have been wrong about this team...

BUT I still don't think you win built around Melo and I still think when Stoudemire gets back things will get worse. They can definitely keep proving me wrong though.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Daloyalfan18 on Tue Dec 11, 2012 7:56 pm

I really think Melo is the MVP right now. :man4:
Daloyalfan18

Postby keyindabox on Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:03 pm

Daloyalfan18 wrote:I really think Melo is the MVP right now. :man4:

He's playing out of his mind, and the key thing to his scoring tear is that he is shooting a max of 25 shots per game. He was 15 of 24 tonight. His efficiency is amazing, and is getting to the free throw line a lot. It's like night and day from last year, or hell, every year he has played in the season up until now. Intense on D, doesn't force up any shots, a total part of the team. We always knew he could score, but you can tell he has worked hard this off season and really zoned in. Making the toughest of mid range shots, sinking big threes on a daily basis. It's beautiful to watch as a Knicks fan.
BLACK MAMBA
keyindabox

Postby Finwë on Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:29 am

Keyindabox, you think your Knicks will be able to handle the Lakeshow Thursday? :man10:
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
Finwë

Postby revgen on Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:24 am

I think Linsanity humbled Melo a bit.
"Every time he’s hurt, he always plays, he always comes through."

- Metta World Peace on teammate Kobe Bryant
revgen
HDTV/Multimedia Guru

Postby FabFourLakers on Wed Dec 12, 2012 2:46 am

Yo key, can you tell the Knicks to take the night off on Thursday? Lakers can use a W right now....thanks bro!

Seriously though, help your fellow laker fans out.... :bang:
FabFourLakers

Postby keyindabox on Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:18 am

Haha sorry boys, but I think the Knicks will come out ready like they have been pretty much every game. :man11:
BLACK MAMBA
keyindabox

PreviousNext

Return to NBA Discussion