Official 2012-2013 NY Knicks Thread: Kidd to retire

Re: Official 2012-2013 NY Knicks Thread (Are they for real?)

Postby FabFourLakers on Fri Dec 21, 2012 10:31 pm

therealdeal wrote:No I'm not saying they should be excused, I'm saying neither should New York! Why are you trying to hold them to a different standard? That makes no sense!

The Lakers SHOULD be winning without those two. The Knicks SHOULD win without Melo. Simple as that.

Dude its DIFFERENT because the Knicks don't have FOUR hall of fame players like the Lakers pose. If the lakers are missing nash and pau, they should still be able to win with Kobe and Dwight. If the KNICKS are missing Melo and Amare, who else do they have on their team to carry the load? Are felton/chandler equal to kobe/dwight? I'm saying in terms of IMPACT, the Knicks should feel the loss of Melo/Amare more than the Lakers loss of Nash/Pau...even though that has not been the case, whether that's due to coaching or players not playing up to their ability. If Knicks lost to the Wizards or Bobcats at home, then yes, they do NOT get that excuse. But losing to a pretty good Rockets team, when you don't have Melo/Amare, they shouldn't be expected to win, and therefore yes, they GET that excuse.

Now tonight, they had NO EXCUSE to lose to the Bulls at home. That's for sure. Hopefully they win on Sunday so that the Lakers can lay the smack down on them on Tuesday with Nash returning!!!
FabFourLakers

Postby therealdeal on Mon Dec 24, 2012 2:19 am

Do Felton and Chandler make up for Kobe and Dwight? No.

Do Duhon, Morris, Meeks, and Hill make up for Kidd, J.R. Smith, Steve Novak, Ronnie Brewer, Kurt Thomas, Marcus Camby, Rasheed Wallace, that old European rookie, and oh yeah Jason Kidd?

The team they filled out with compared to the team we filled out with is MUCH BETTER. Yes, they lose Carmelo Anthony and that'll hurt. But instead of him they have some really solid guys to step in and play that position. If Felton went down for a while they have Jason freaking Kidd. We have Chris Duhon and Steve Blake.

They should be held to exactly the same standard because our team's greatest weakness is probably their team's greatest strength. Yes we still have two very good players, but the rest of the players surrounding them just aren't as good as the players in New York. This game is more than 2 guys on a court, you have to account for the others as well.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Finwë on Mon Dec 24, 2012 1:08 pm

therealdeal wrote:Do Felton and Chandler make up for Kobe and Dwight? No.

Do Duhon, Morris, Meeks, and Hill make up for Kidd, J.R. Smith, Steve Novak, Ronnie Brewer, Kurt Thomas, Marcus Camby, Rasheed Wallace, that old European rookie, and oh yeah Jason Kidd?

The team they filled out with compared to the team we filled out with is MUCH BETTER. Yes, they lose Carmelo Anthony and that'll hurt. But instead of him they have some really solid guys to step in and play that position. If Felton went down for a while they have Jason freaking Kidd. We have Chris Duhon and Steve Blake.

They should be held to exactly the same standard because our team's greatest weakness is probably their team's greatest strength. Yes we still have two very good players, but the rest of the players surrounding them just aren't as good as the players in New York. This game is more than 2 guys on a court, you have to account for the others as well.

Hey! Prigioni is argentinian..

Outside of that I agree 100%
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
Finwë

Postby Jazzygirl205 on Tue Dec 25, 2012 1:49 pm

I think Melo is an amazing player and if they have to play Miami I hope they win in the conference finals, however he's being considered to win the 2012-2013 MVP and he's shooting a little around 46% this season and averaging 1.9 assists, 1.0 steals this season soooooooooooooo how is he considered to win the MVP but Kobe hasn't for the past couple of seasons with similar stats because people said his fg% wasn't good enough and he wasn't efficient enough? How did the MVP award get so biased?

Anywho the Knicks are the real deal, I wonder what will happen when Amare come back because he's coming back soon.
Jazzygirl205

Postby ramsay13 on Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:55 pm

Cause basketball is rigged^^^
ramsay13

Postby keyindabox on Wed Dec 26, 2012 4:43 pm

Jazzygirl205 wrote:I think Melo is an amazing player and if they have to play Miami I hope they win in the conference finals, however he's being considered to win the 2012-2013 MVP and he's shooting a little around 46% this season and averaging 1.9 assists, 1.0 steals this season soooooooooooooo how is he considered to win the MVP but Kobe hasn't for the past couple of seasons with similar stats because people said his fg% wasn't good enough and he wasn't efficient enough? How did the MVP award get so biased?

Anywho the Knicks are the real deal, I wonder what will happen when Amare come back because he's coming back soon.

It's really the change in play and how much better the team is doing as a result. Much improved defense, taking less shots, Knicks going from 8th seed to contender for 1st.
"Like I say to people all the time, I don’t care what Brooklyn do, I don’t care if they have a better record than we do this year, we still got “New York” on our chest. We’re still New York’s team, regardless of what Brooklyn do." - Ray Felton
BLACK MAMBA
keyindabox
Clublakers Rep: Knicks

Postby gcclaker on Wed Dec 26, 2012 5:19 pm

It was mentioned in yesterday's broadcast that the Knicks averaging a League low in turnovers. That is a telling stat on how they are doing. Crazy but I think they have the makeup to be a really tough out in postseason maybe even surprise a couple of teams.
No siggie...
gcclaker
CL Global Moderator

Postby therealdeal on Wed Dec 26, 2012 5:41 pm

Low turnovers and high three point output. That's how they've been super duper successful. I don't know if they can keep up their pace, but I hope they can.

It'd be a fun series between them and Miami.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby keyindabox on Thu Dec 27, 2012 12:40 am

:jam2:
"Like I say to people all the time, I don’t care what Brooklyn do, I don’t care if they have a better record than we do this year, we still got “New York” on our chest. We’re still New York’s team, regardless of what Brooklyn do." - Ray Felton
BLACK MAMBA
keyindabox

Postby abeer3 on Thu Dec 27, 2012 7:22 am

felton's out for 4-6 weeks now? that could be big trouble.
abeer3

Postby jbiggs on Thu Dec 27, 2012 3:35 pm

god i would love to have jr smith on our team.
KOBE FOR LIFE
jbiggs
ClubCavs.com Administrator

Location: Born in South Torrance (So Cal) and currently in Point Loma

Postby FabFourLakers on Thu Dec 27, 2012 7:42 pm

Those were 2 BIG TIME shots by JR...but how great has KIDD been this season?

I think even with Felton out, they won't miss him that much. Kidd and Prigioni can definitely handle the PG duties....and I believe Shumpert will be back in january. They should be fine.

BTW key, sorry we had to ruin your xmas :man9:
FabFourLakers

Postby Texas Lakers Fan on Thu Dec 27, 2012 8:05 pm

keyindabox wrote:Image

:jam2:

I can't stand that guy.
Texas Lakers Fan

Postby jbiggs on Sat Dec 29, 2012 6:36 pm

KOBE FOR LIFE
jbiggs
ClubCavs.com Administrator

Location: Born in South Torrance (So Cal) and currently in Point Loma

Postby keyindabox on Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:22 am

^^What a crap play.

Knicks dropped one to Portland last night. Amare played under 20 minutes and had 8 points off 3/8 shooting. He was definitely rusty but showed flashes on both offense and defense and received a thunderous standing ovation when he checked into the game. Definitely great to see him, because no matter what anyone says, I think he is one of the x factors that can push this team to a championship title.

http://youtu.be/2Ci8z9-_IUQ

EDIT: How do you put embedded youtube videos? The youtube code doesn't seem to be working for me.
BLACK MAMBA
keyindabox

Postby therealdeal on Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:56 am

^ You need the full link for it. Here ya go:

therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby keyindabox on Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:42 am

^^Thanks man.

2-0 against the Spurs this year, I can digg that! :jam2:
BLACK MAMBA
keyindabox

Postby keyindabox on Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:53 am

BTW, HOW ABOUT JR ONCE AGAIN! WOW! :bow:

EDIT: WTH, isn't that the full link to embed?!
BLACK MAMBA
keyindabox

Postby therealdeal on Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:09 pm

I'm on the road I'll check it out when i can.
edit- for whatever reason that link didn't work. I found another one.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby keyindabox on Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:09 am

Fell behind early but beat out the Magic on the road. Melo with ANOTHER 40-point game. This guy is playing out of his damn mind.
BLACK MAMBA
keyindabox

Postby Texas Lakers Fan on Sun Jan 06, 2013 5:32 am

keyindabox wrote:Fell behind early but beat out the Magic on the road. Melo with ANOTHER 40-point game. This guy is playing out of his damn mind.

Yes he is. This season it seems like Melo has put it all together and playing a great overall game. Always knew he was a lethal scorer, but this season he's rebounding the basketball and playing decent defensively.
Texas Lakers Fan

Postby keyindabox on Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:18 am

Texas Lakers Fan wrote:
keyindabox wrote:Fell behind early but beat out the Magic on the road. Melo with ANOTHER 40-point game. This guy is playing out of his damn mind.

Yes he is. This season it seems like Melo has put it all together and playing a great overall game. Always knew he was a lethal scorer, but this season he's rebounding the basketball and playing decent defensively.

Yeah it's really remarkable. I just hope he can maintain this not just for the rest of the reason and playoffs, but for the most of his career. It is without a doubt that Mike Woodson has had a big impact on him, but after seeing everyone but him win a title, I think it's the hunger that is really motivating him right now.
BLACK MAMBA
keyindabox

Postby keyindabox on Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:17 pm

Melo suspended one game for the KG incident. Seems fair.
BLACK MAMBA
keyindabox

Postby Texas Lakers Fan on Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:35 pm

keyindabox wrote:Melo suspended one game for the KG incident. Seems fair.

I disagree.

He shouldn't have been suspended at all.

Garnett crossed the line as he always does. Talking trash about another's game is one thing, but bringing the dude's wife into is just stupid and classless.

KG is a b****. Melo is the man.
Texas Lakers Fan

Postby keyindabox on Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:06 am

Texas Lakers Fan wrote:
keyindabox wrote:Melo suspended one game for the KG incident. Seems fair.

I disagree.

He shouldn't have been suspended at all.

Garnett crossed the line as he always does. Talking trash about another's game is one thing, but bringing the dude's wife into is just stupid and classless.

KG is a b****. Melo is the man.

Yeah well I guess I'm considering David Stern's point of view, and not trying to look "thuggish." I didn't think he warranted more than just a fine to be honest.
BLACK MAMBA
keyindabox

PreviousNext

Return to NBA Discussion