Official 2012-2013 NY Knicks Thread: Kidd to retire

Re: Official 2012-2013 NY Knicks Thread (Are they for real?)

Postby keyindabox on Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:59 pm

Steve Novak's answer to what he thinks of Nate Robinson pulling out the discount double check :man10:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... 5TgNHnF4RI
"Like I say to people all the time, I don’t care what Brooklyn do, I don’t care if they have a better record than we do this year, we still got “New York” on our chest. We’re still New York’s team, regardless of what Brooklyn do." - Ray Felton
Image
BLACK MAMBA
User avatar
keyindabox
Clublakers Rep: Knicks
 
Posts: 6708
Joined: Thu Mar 04, 2004 3:22 pm
Location: njz

Re: Official 2012-2013 NY Knicks Thread (Are they for real?)

Postby Weezy on Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:20 pm

It was a funny response to the question, but despite his height Nate is a much better player than Novak so in the end he wins. The Bulls own the Knicks like the Thunder own the Lakers, it was amazing to see really, the Bulls defense was incredible.
User avatar
Weezy
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 50856
Joined: Sat Jun 03, 2006 11:14 am
Location: Anaheim, CA

Re: Official 2012-2013 NY Knicks Thread (Are they for real?)

Postby Finwë on Sun Jan 13, 2013 3:02 am

Oh man that was an awesome reply. It kinda suffers because it's Steve Novak saying it, he's no big name player at all, but still, that was awesome :man10:
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
User avatar
Finwë

 
Posts: 8079
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2011 4:32 pm

Re: Official 2012-2013 NY Knicks Thread (Are they for real?)

Postby wcsoldier81 on Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:11 pm

Nate making fun of Novak the game after Jennings did the same to him :man10:
wcsoldier81

 
Posts: 6407
Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2006 1:20 am

Re: Official 2012-2013 NY Knicks Thread (Are they for real?)

Postby keyindabox on Sun Jan 13, 2013 10:07 pm

Weezy wrote:It was a funny response to the question, but despite his height Nate is a much better player than Novak so in the end he wins. The Bulls own the Knicks like the Thunder own the Lakers, it was amazing to see really, the Bulls defense was incredible.


Much better? I wouldn't say that. I mean, I guess Nate does offer more than Novak, who is strictly a 3-point specialist, but I see them pretty much as the same. Role players off the bench. Difference is, Nate is a bone head with low basketball IQ. Much rather have Novak on my team, as I'm sure most NBA coaches would as well. And I'm not just saying that because I'm a Knicks fan. Nate use to be on the Knicks as well, and he was one of my favorite players.
"Like I say to people all the time, I don’t care what Brooklyn do, I don’t care if they have a better record than we do this year, we still got “New York” on our chest. We’re still New York’s team, regardless of what Brooklyn do." - Ray Felton
Image
BLACK MAMBA
User avatar
keyindabox
Clublakers Rep: Knicks
 
Posts: 6708
Joined: Thu Mar 04, 2004 3:22 pm
Location: njz

Re: Official 2012-2013 NY Knicks Thread (Are they for real?)

Postby Weezy on Sun Jan 13, 2013 10:14 pm

Ok, "much better" is pushing it, what I meant is Nate is a better overall player. Novak is decent, but all he does is shoot 3's from what I've seen. Nate is a spark off the bench, he can shoot, drive to the hoop, even play a little PG and get you a few assists, he averages 10 ppg and 3.6 assists. His basketball IQ isn't great, you're right there, but he is that spark a lot of teams like. But then like you said he was on your team, so you probably know the downsides of his game a lot more than I do. I just thought that while the Novak comment was a little funny, at the same time it was disrespectful and trash talking between one role player (or scrub) and another is kinda like ... meh.
User avatar
Weezy
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 50856
Joined: Sat Jun 03, 2006 11:14 am
Location: Anaheim, CA

Re: Official 2012-2013 NY Knicks Thread (Are they for real?)

Postby keyindabox on Tue Jan 15, 2013 2:00 pm

Weezy wrote:Ok, "much better" is pushing it, what I meant is Nate is a better overall player. Novak is decent, but all he does is shoot 3's from what I've seen. Nate is a spark off the bench, he can shoot, drive to the hoop, even play a little PG and get you a few assists, he averages 10 ppg and 3.6 assists. His basketball IQ isn't great, you're right there, but he is that spark a lot of teams like. But then like you said he was on your team, so you probably know the downsides of his game a lot more than I do. I just thought that while the Novak comment was a little funny, at the same time it was disrespectful and trash talking between one role player (or scrub) and another is kinda like ... meh.


Haha yeah agree with you on that, not the type of trash talking that should be encouraged.

Knicks play the Pistons in London this Thursday and Iman Shumpert is making his return! :jam2: Can't wait to see him out there again.
"Like I say to people all the time, I don’t care what Brooklyn do, I don’t care if they have a better record than we do this year, we still got “New York” on our chest. We’re still New York’s team, regardless of what Brooklyn do." - Ray Felton
Image
BLACK MAMBA
User avatar
keyindabox
Clublakers Rep: Knicks
 
Posts: 6708
Joined: Thu Mar 04, 2004 3:22 pm
Location: njz

Re: Official 2012-2013 NY Knicks Thread (Are they for real?)

Postby Weezy on Tue Jan 15, 2013 2:20 pm

I like Shumpert, I'd like to see him help the Knicks keep beating the Heat going forward.
User avatar
Weezy
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 50856
Joined: Sat Jun 03, 2006 11:14 am
Location: Anaheim, CA

Re: Official 2012-2013 NY Knicks Thread (Are they for real?)

Postby Finwë on Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:31 pm

What's up with playing in London? What for?
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
User avatar
Finwë

 
Posts: 8079
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2011 4:32 pm

Re: Official 2012-2013 NY Knicks Thread (Are they for real?)

Postby keyindabox on Tue Jan 15, 2013 4:51 pm

^^Not sure.

Image
"Like I say to people all the time, I don’t care what Brooklyn do, I don’t care if they have a better record than we do this year, we still got “New York” on our chest. We’re still New York’s team, regardless of what Brooklyn do." - Ray Felton
Image
BLACK MAMBA
User avatar
keyindabox
Clublakers Rep: Knicks
 
Posts: 6708
Joined: Thu Mar 04, 2004 3:22 pm
Location: njz

Re: Official 2012-2013 NY Knicks Thread (Are they for real?)

Postby keyindabox on Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:06 pm

Finally beat the Celtics in Boston, thank you lord!
"Like I say to people all the time, I don’t care what Brooklyn do, I don’t care if they have a better record than we do this year, we still got “New York” on our chest. We’re still New York’s team, regardless of what Brooklyn do." - Ray Felton
Image
BLACK MAMBA
User avatar
keyindabox
Clublakers Rep: Knicks
 
Posts: 6708
Joined: Thu Mar 04, 2004 3:22 pm
Location: njz

Re: Official 2012-2013 NY Knicks Thread (Are they for real?)

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:28 am

^How does it feel to have your team win a game? I have forgotten all about it
For what it's worth, the Lakers also clinched the Pacific Division, an achievement Bryant dismissed by saying "We don't hang divisions." No, only the big NBA championship banners are considered wall-worthy for the Lakers.
User avatar
puffyusaf#2

 
Posts: 30422
Joined: Sun Apr 02, 2006 3:15 pm
Location: Chasing the dream to an Oscar

Re: Official 2012-2013 NY Knicks Thread (Are they for real?)

Postby The Rock on Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:49 am

If we dont win it all (probably Lol) I hope either of the New York teams win it. I like their players outside of Amare and Reggie Evans respectively
Image

Props to sidthekid871
User avatar
The Rock
CL Twitter Team
 
Posts: 19979
Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2008 11:10 pm
Location: Smackdown Hotel

Re: Official 2012-2013 NY Knicks Thread (Are they for real?)

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:29 pm

If the KNicks win that means JR Smith wins... um Hellz no
For what it's worth, the Lakers also clinched the Pacific Division, an achievement Bryant dismissed by saying "We don't hang divisions." No, only the big NBA championship banners are considered wall-worthy for the Lakers.
User avatar
puffyusaf#2

 
Posts: 30422
Joined: Sun Apr 02, 2006 3:15 pm
Location: Chasing the dream to an Oscar

Re: Official 2012-2013 NY Knicks Thread (Are they for real?)

Postby keyindabox on Sat Jan 26, 2013 1:54 pm

puffyusaf#2 wrote:^How does it feel to have your team win a game? I have forgotten all about it


Haha I feel for you guys, outside of the Knicks the only other team I have ever consistently rooted for is LA. Being a lifetime Kobe fan, I've always considered them as a distant 2nd team. But I'll tell ya, I've spent a lot of years feeling how you guys are now. Team struggling while watching other teams win on an almost regular basis. And I gotta admit, it feels great to have a legitimate team, with a great coach, and no panic meter.

Very excited about tonight. Ray Felton is going to return to the lineup, so aside from Sheed, we'll get to start seeing a fully-equipped and healthy Knicks team. The team that hopefully makes it deep into the playoffs. Considering we've maintained being about .500 during this 10 game stretch without Felton, and then Sheed and Camby going down, I am more than happy heading into the all-star break 2nd in the East. 1st is very realistic. However, what I WILL say is that I do NOT want to play the Celtics in the playoffs. I believe we can beat them in a 7-game series, but it will be dangerous. Hopefully we can avoid them.
"Like I say to people all the time, I don’t care what Brooklyn do, I don’t care if they have a better record than we do this year, we still got “New York” on our chest. We’re still New York’s team, regardless of what Brooklyn do." - Ray Felton
Image
BLACK MAMBA
User avatar
keyindabox
Clublakers Rep: Knicks
 
Posts: 6708
Joined: Thu Mar 04, 2004 3:22 pm
Location: njz

Re: Official 2012-2013 NY Knicks Thread (Are they for real?)

Postby keyindabox on Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:37 pm

Melo puts up 42 points in the win over Atlanta at the Garden...so much for his shooting slump!
"Like I say to people all the time, I don’t care what Brooklyn do, I don’t care if they have a better record than we do this year, we still got “New York” on our chest. We’re still New York’s team, regardless of what Brooklyn do." - Ray Felton
Image
BLACK MAMBA
User avatar
keyindabox
Clublakers Rep: Knicks
 
Posts: 6708
Joined: Thu Mar 04, 2004 3:22 pm
Location: njz

Re: Official 2012-2013 NY Knicks Thread (Are they for real?)

Postby gcclaker on Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:49 pm

Other than the Lakers...New York is the ONLY other team I have an interest in. The vibe of the Garden...that soulful organ, Spike and it dates back to when Riles manned the sidelines with his "Game Of Force" mantra.
No siggie...
User avatar
gcclaker
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 15149
Joined: Fri May 05, 2006 9:35 am
Location: Laker Cyber Space

Re: Official 2012-2013 NY Knicks Thread (Are they for real?)

Postby FabFourLakers on Mon Jan 28, 2013 4:07 pm

I like that Felton is finally back along with Shump, and Amare is also coming around. I think the Knicks need to just get a few of their bigs back and then they can make a run. The Nets are creeping right behind em.
User avatar
FabFourLakers

 
Posts: 11752
Joined: Sat Jul 26, 2003 2:47 pm
Location: Irvine, CA

Re: Official 2012-2013 NY Knicks Thread (Are they for real?)

Postby keyindabox on Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:53 am

FabFourLakers wrote:I like that Felton is finally back along with Shump, and Amare is also coming around. I think the Knicks need to just get a few of their bigs back and then they can make a run. The Nets are creeping right behind em.


Yeah their sole weakness right now is lack of big men. It shows with weak interior defense and at times, rebounding. Sheed is suppose to come back soon but with him being as old as he is, and Camby suffering another setbeck, I'd hope we take up some insurance before the deadline.
"Like I say to people all the time, I don’t care what Brooklyn do, I don’t care if they have a better record than we do this year, we still got “New York” on our chest. We’re still New York’s team, regardless of what Brooklyn do." - Ray Felton
Image
BLACK MAMBA
User avatar
keyindabox
Clublakers Rep: Knicks
 
Posts: 6708
Joined: Thu Mar 04, 2004 3:22 pm
Location: njz

Re: Official 2012-2013 NY Knicks Thread (Are they for real?)

Postby Weezy on Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:17 pm

I'm really hoping the Knicks take out the Heat in the playoffs, man that would be sweet.
User avatar
Weezy
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 50856
Joined: Sat Jun 03, 2006 11:14 am
Location: Anaheim, CA

Re: Official 2012-2013 NY Knicks Thread (Are they for real?)

Postby FabFourLakers on Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:47 pm

Weezy wrote:I'm really hoping the Knicks take out the Heat in the playoffs, man that would be sweet.



As long as the Knicks don't run into the Bulls, they might have a shot at knocking out the Heat in the conference finals.
User avatar
FabFourLakers

 
Posts: 11752
Joined: Sat Jul 26, 2003 2:47 pm
Location: Irvine, CA

Re: Official 2012-2013 NY Knicks Thread (Are they for real?)

Postby gcclaker on Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:03 pm

FabFourLakers wrote:
Weezy wrote:I'm really hoping the Knicks take out the Heat in the playoffs, man that would be sweet.

As long as the Knicks don't run into the Bulls, they might have a shot at knocking out the Heat in the conference finals.

Anthony is a load for James to defend. Schumpert can slow down Wade. You have a committee of Chandler, Camby and Wallace to throw at Bosh. "Chicken Dance" Smith against Ray Allen. Felton versus Chalmers. All of Gotham against Riles... It would be high drama and a ratings bonanza for The League. New York against Indiana would make a good story too...
No siggie...
User avatar
gcclaker
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 15149
Joined: Fri May 05, 2006 9:35 am
Location: Laker Cyber Space

Re: Official 2012-2013 NY Knicks Thread (Are they for real?)

Postby FabFourLakers on Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:19 pm

gcclaker wrote:
FabFourLakers wrote:
Weezy wrote:I'm really hoping the Knicks take out the Heat in the playoffs, man that would be sweet.

As long as the Knicks don't run into the Bulls, they might have a shot at knocking out the Heat in the conference finals.

Anthony is a load for James to defend. Schumpert can slow down Wade. You have a committee of Chandler, Camby and Wallace to throw at Bosh. "Chicken Dance" Smith against Ray Allen. Felton versus Chalmers. All of Gotham against Riles... It would be high drama and a ratings bonanza for The League. New York against Indiana would make a good story too...



You forgot Jason Kidd and Amare......
User avatar
FabFourLakers

 
Posts: 11752
Joined: Sat Jul 26, 2003 2:47 pm
Location: Irvine, CA

Re: Official 2012-2013 NY Knicks Thread (Are they for real?)

Postby keyindabox on Thu Jan 31, 2013 4:55 pm

FabFourLakers wrote:
gcclaker wrote:
FabFourLakers wrote:
Weezy wrote:I'm really hoping the Knicks take out the Heat in the playoffs, man that would be sweet.

As long as the Knicks don't run into the Bulls, they might have a shot at knocking out the Heat in the conference finals.

Anthony is a load for James to defend. Schumpert can slow down Wade. You have a committee of Chandler, Camby and Wallace to throw at Bosh. "Chicken Dance" Smith against Ray Allen. Felton versus Chalmers. All of Gotham against Riles... It would be high drama and a ratings bonanza for The League. New York against Indiana would make a good story too...



You forgot Jason Kidd and Amare......


Yeah Amare is looking better and better every game, loving it. Kidd got worn down trying to play for an injured Felton but with some rest he'll be back to 100%.
"Like I say to people all the time, I don’t care what Brooklyn do, I don’t care if they have a better record than we do this year, we still got “New York” on our chest. We’re still New York’s team, regardless of what Brooklyn do." - Ray Felton
Image
BLACK MAMBA
User avatar
keyindabox
Clublakers Rep: Knicks
 
Posts: 6708
Joined: Thu Mar 04, 2004 3:22 pm
Location: njz

Re: Official 2012-2013 NY Knicks Thread (Are they for real?)

Postby gcclaker on Thu Jan 31, 2013 7:12 pm

keyindabox wrote:
FabFourLakers wrote:
gcclaker wrote:
FabFourLakers wrote:
Weezy wrote:I'm really hoping the Knicks take out the Heat in the playoffs, man that would be sweet.

As long as the Knicks don't run into the Bulls, they might have a shot at knocking out the Heat in the conference finals.

Anthony is a load for James to defend. Schumpert can slow down Wade. You have a committee of Chandler, Camby and Wallace to throw at Bosh. "Chicken Dance" Smith against Ray Allen. Felton versus Chalmers. All of Gotham against Riles... It would be high drama and a ratings bonanza for The League. New York against Indiana would make a good story too...

You forgot Jason Kidd and Amare......

Yeah Amare is looking better and better every game, loving it. Kidd got worn down trying to play for an injured Felton but with some rest he'll be back to 100%.

Knicks for all of their geriatrics are loaded... They play almost error free ball. I'm looking forward to keeping track of their playoff run.
No siggie...
User avatar
gcclaker
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 15149
Joined: Fri May 05, 2006 9:35 am
Location: Laker Cyber Space

PreviousNext

Return to NBA Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests

cron
Advertise Here | Privacy Policy | ©2008 Sculu Sports. Come Strong.