Official 2012-2013 NY Knicks Thread: Kidd to retire

Re: Official 2012-2013 NY Knicks Thread (Are they for real?)

Postby keyindabox on Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:43 am

Give Amare Stoudemire some credit

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/knicks ... ome-credit

GREENBURGH, N.Y. -- You're a six-time All-Star with a $100 million contract. You've started 97 percent of the games you've suited up over 10 years in the NBA.

Due to circumstances largely outside of your control, your head coach is asking you to accept a role off the bench.

What do you do?

Do you put up a fight and demand to start, team chemistry be damned?

Or do you swallow your pride, take a seat and hope for the best?

Amar'e Stoudemire chose the latter.


And, so far, it couldn't have worked out better for Stoudemire or the Knicks.

In his first month back following arthroscopic knee surgery, Stoudemire has thrived in his role as a reserve for the first-place Knicks.

The 30-year-old power forward has scored in double figures in seven straight games, hitting 37 of 57 shots in that span.

The Knicks have won five of seven during that stretch.

And Stoudemire's made an imprint on each of the victories. The latest example was his 14-point outing against Orlando on Wednesday. Stoudemire made all seven of his shot attempts in 21 minutes.

"He's accepting his role," Mike Woodson said after the game.

And he's done so without hesitation.

“I didn’t really put much thought into it all. I had confidence in Coach Woodson to know what it takes for this team to win," Stoudemire said on Tuesday. "These guys (the Knicks coaching staff) study the game twice as much as any player does and (Woodson) understands what it takes for us to be successful. Once the coaching staff presented me with the opportunity to better the team, I was totally open to it."

Stoudemire has averaged 12.7 points and 4.3 rebounds in 22 minutes for the Knicks (28-15).

If the team continues to win with Stoudemire as a reserve, his drama-free shift to the bench will be one of the season's most important developments.

cont'd


This is what we really stuck out to me, something that some Knicks fans quickly forget.

"He started this whole thing," Chandler said in September. "The reason why we're here is because of him. The reason why I was willing to be a Knick is because of him. The reason why Melo was willing to be traded here was because of him. So I feel like we all have a little thanks to give to Amar'e."


I gotta tell ya, this article makes me really happy. A lot of the fan base has written Amare off, but a select few, like myself, have remained loyal and confident that he can make it work. Sure, he still has much to improve on defense. But he's buying into everything he's being told. His quickness is coming back, he's showing off new post moves, and is much more active on the boards and around the rim. I think that his transition so far has been remarkable, and it really says something that he can cause absolutely no drama in such a potentially volatile situation.

#STATCITY
"Like I say to people all the time, I don’t care what Brooklyn do, I don’t care if they have a better record than we do this year, we still got “New York” on our chest. We’re still New York’s team, regardless of what Brooklyn do." - Ray Felton
Image
BLACK MAMBA
User avatar
keyindabox
Clublakers Rep: Knicks
 
Posts: 6708
Joined: Thu Mar 04, 2004 3:22 pm
Location: njz

MERGE TEST THREAD

Postby keyindabox on Sat Feb 02, 2013 3:15 pm

Ignore this thread.
"Like I say to people all the time, I don’t care what Brooklyn do, I don’t care if they have a better record than we do this year, we still got “New York” on our chest. We’re still New York’s team, regardless of what Brooklyn do." - Ray Felton
Image
BLACK MAMBA
User avatar
keyindabox
Clublakers Rep: Knicks
 
Posts: 6708
Joined: Thu Mar 04, 2004 3:22 pm
Location: njz

MERGE TEST THREAD 2

Postby keyindabox on Sat Feb 02, 2013 4:45 pm

Again, ignore.
"Like I say to people all the time, I don’t care what Brooklyn do, I don’t care if they have a better record than we do this year, we still got “New York” on our chest. We’re still New York’s team, regardless of what Brooklyn do." - Ray Felton
Image
BLACK MAMBA
User avatar
keyindabox
Clublakers Rep: Knicks
 
Posts: 6708
Joined: Thu Mar 04, 2004 3:22 pm
Location: njz

Re: Official 2012-2013 NY Knicks Thread (30-15):Beat Kings by 39

Postby keyindabox on Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:47 am

Yes, I got control of the thread! Public thanks to therealdeal :bow:

Anyway, the Knicks DEMOLISHED the Kings by 39. At one point we were up by 50....unreal game. What's even more unreal? Out of 120 points, Melo only scored 9. Check out some of these stats.

Knicks bench 82 points, Kings team 81 points
Knicks went on a 40-4 run in the first half
Tyson Chandler 20 rebounds
STAT 10/10 from the field with 21 points
Steve Novak 15 points off of 5/7 from 3 point range
JR Smith 25 points in 21 minutes
Kurt Thomas with 11 points! KURT THOMAS!

The Kings obviously gave up in the second quarter, and it was over as soon as the 3rd quarter started, but I took great joy in watching the whole game. Smacked Sactown the way we should have after that fluke win they got on us last time. Now if the Raptors can somehow beat the Heat tomorrow, Knicks will be #1 in the East and Mike Woodson would therefore be the coach for the Eastern All-Stars. Let's hope for the best :jam2:
"Like I say to people all the time, I don’t care what Brooklyn do, I don’t care if they have a better record than we do this year, we still got “New York” on our chest. We’re still New York’s team, regardless of what Brooklyn do." - Ray Felton
Image
BLACK MAMBA
User avatar
keyindabox
Clublakers Rep: Knicks
 
Posts: 6708
Joined: Thu Mar 04, 2004 3:22 pm
Location: njz

Re: Official 2012-2013 NY Knicks Thread (30-15):Beat Kings by 39

Postby keyindabox on Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:33 am

Damn the Heat and their Ricky Ricardo coach! :man5: Would've loved to see Woody coach the East.

Still, after beating the Pistons we complete a perfect homestand and win 5 in a row. We've got the Wizards, Timberwolves, Clippers, and Raptors left before the all-star break.
"Like I say to people all the time, I don’t care what Brooklyn do, I don’t care if they have a better record than we do this year, we still got “New York” on our chest. We’re still New York’s team, regardless of what Brooklyn do." - Ray Felton
Image
BLACK MAMBA
User avatar
keyindabox
Clublakers Rep: Knicks
 
Posts: 6708
Joined: Thu Mar 04, 2004 3:22 pm
Location: njz

Re: Official 2012-2013 NY Knicks Thread (31-15)

Postby therealdeal on Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:33 am

Well I hope you guys smash on the Wolves and the Clippers. We could use the help. :man10:
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 40408
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:03 pm

Re: Official 2012-2013 NY Knicks Thread (31-15)

Postby FabFourLakers on Wed Feb 06, 2013 3:20 pm

You can thank us for the assist yesterday too...beating the Nets was double the fun for me personally....just a little closer to winning 2 of my bets that I have on the Knicks!!!!

knicks initially struggled when Amare came back, but I'd like to think that was more because they had other injuries to key players (raymond felton, shump, kidd) and not really cuz of Amare. He has been fantastic for the Knicks, and I expect him to get better and better. The Knicks are dangerous, and I hope they can take the #1 seed from the HEAT. They're definitely deep enough to make it happen. And yes, my clippers friend keeps talking ish, he's one of the guys I made the bet with concerning the Knicks, and he says the Clippers will blow out the Knicks WITHOUT cp3 on Sunday (LOL). I'm letting him talk....I just hope the Knicks DEMOLISH the flippers on Sunday.
User avatar
FabFourLakers

 
Posts: 11762
Joined: Sat Jul 26, 2003 2:47 pm
Location: Irvine, CA

Re: Official 2012-2013 NY Knicks Thread (31-15)

Postby keyindabox on Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:48 pm

FabFourLakers wrote:You can thank us for the assist yesterday too...beating the Nets was double the fun for me personally....just a little closer to winning 2 of my bets that I have on the Knicks!!!!

knicks initially struggled when Amare came back, but I'd like to think that was more because they had other injuries to key players (raymond felton, shump, kidd) and not really cuz of Amare. He has been fantastic for the Knicks, and I expect him to get better and better. The Knicks are dangerous, and I hope they can take the #1 seed from the HEAT. They're definitely deep enough to make it happen. And yes, my clippers friend keeps talking ish, he's one of the guys I made the bet with concerning the Knicks, and he says the Clippers will blow out the Knicks WITHOUT cp3 on Sunday (LOL). I'm letting him talk....I just hope the Knicks DEMOLISH the flippers on Sunday.


Yeah we look like legitimate contenders when we give it 110% effort, but that was not the case tonight against the Wizards. Granted the Wiz have beaten the Bulls, Thunder, Clippers and Heat this season, but they clearly out hustled us. Knicks definitely let up and didn't take them seriously like they should have. And while I dont sweat it too much because games like this come and go, Woody needs to make sure these guys don't let winnable games get away, because we've been good on that the past week or so and need to have that killer instinct against EVERY team if we want to survive in the playoffs. If we drop a game against Minny in a couple of days, I'll be pissed.
"Like I say to people all the time, I don’t care what Brooklyn do, I don’t care if they have a better record than we do this year, we still got “New York” on our chest. We’re still New York’s team, regardless of what Brooklyn do." - Ray Felton
Image
BLACK MAMBA
User avatar
keyindabox
Clublakers Rep: Knicks
 
Posts: 6708
Joined: Thu Mar 04, 2004 3:22 pm
Location: njz

Re: Official 2012-2013 NY Knicks Thread (31-15)

Postby keyindabox on Sat Feb 09, 2013 10:53 pm

Beat the Wolves, now a BIG game against the Clippers tomorrow afternoon. I know you guys will be rooting for us against that "other" LA team :man11:
"Like I say to people all the time, I don’t care what Brooklyn do, I don’t care if they have a better record than we do this year, we still got “New York” on our chest. We’re still New York’s team, regardless of what Brooklyn do." - Ray Felton
Image
BLACK MAMBA
User avatar
keyindabox
Clublakers Rep: Knicks
 
Posts: 6708
Joined: Thu Mar 04, 2004 3:22 pm
Location: njz

Re: Official 2012-2013 NY Knicks Thread (31-15)

Postby Finwë on Sun Feb 10, 2013 2:53 am

^ Definitely.

I was reading in twitter today that the Suns are interested in Shumpert. What could the Knicks get in return?
Would you trade him?
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
User avatar
Finwë

 
Posts: 8079
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2011 4:32 pm

Re: Official 2012-2013 NY Knicks Thread (31-15)

Postby keyindabox on Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:35 am

Finwë wrote:^ Definitely.

I was reading in twitter today that the Suns are interested in Shumpert. What could the Knicks get in return?
Would you trade him?


There has been a bunch of Jared Dudley for Shumpert talk, but I would not do that. There are some fans that think it would be a good trade for us to win NOW, but I don't buy that type of reasoning. Shumpert is coming off a major injury and sure, it's gonna take him time to get back to form, but he's got a high ceiling and Dudley has already hit his. I personally think the only moves we should make at this point is for a big. We aren't in dire need of another 3-point shooter or guard.
"Like I say to people all the time, I don’t care what Brooklyn do, I don’t care if they have a better record than we do this year, we still got “New York” on our chest. We’re still New York’s team, regardless of what Brooklyn do." - Ray Felton
Image
BLACK MAMBA
User avatar
keyindabox
Clublakers Rep: Knicks
 
Posts: 6708
Joined: Thu Mar 04, 2004 3:22 pm
Location: njz

Re: Official 2012-2013 NY Knicks Thread (31-15)

Postby KB24 on Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:57 am

Crappers are ahead...somehow it seems like they are gonna win. :bang:
Image

"It is not how big you are, it is how big you play"
"Basketball doesn't build character. It reveals it"
"Be strong in body, clean in mind, lofty in ideals"
User avatar
KB24
Site Admin
 
Posts: 55547
Joined: Tue Jun 22, 2004 10:56 pm
Location: In Heaven

Re: Official 2012-2013 NY Knicks Thread (31-15)

Postby wcsoldier81 on Sun Feb 10, 2013 1:31 pm

Knicks D on the perimeter is BAD
wcsoldier81

 
Posts: 6427
Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2006 1:20 am

Re: Official 2012-2013 NY Knicks Thread (31-15)

Postby Finwë on Sun Feb 10, 2013 1:33 pm

I don't get the small lineup to end the game. Amare can't really play good D or rebound consistently, and you sit Chandler?
Other than that, just bad execution from the Knicks in the 4th.
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
User avatar
Finwë

 
Posts: 8079
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2011 4:32 pm

Re: Official 2012-2013 NY Knicks Thread (31-15)

Postby keyindabox on Sun Feb 10, 2013 10:18 pm

Finwë wrote:I don't get the small lineup to end the game. Amare can't really play good D or rebound consistently, and you sit Chandler?
Other than that, just bad execution from the Knicks in the 4th.


Yeah, I have no idea why Tyson was on the bench. Bad move by Woodson.

The Knicks glaring weakness has become rebounding and defense down low. We need to make a move ASAP because it's getting tiring to watch.
"Like I say to people all the time, I don’t care what Brooklyn do, I don’t care if they have a better record than we do this year, we still got “New York” on our chest. We’re still New York’s team, regardless of what Brooklyn do." - Ray Felton
Image
BLACK MAMBA
User avatar
keyindabox
Clublakers Rep: Knicks
 
Posts: 6708
Joined: Thu Mar 04, 2004 3:22 pm
Location: njz

Re: Official 2012-2013 NY Knicks Thread (31-15)

Postby Finwë on Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:55 am

Do you have a possible move in mind?
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
User avatar
Finwë

 
Posts: 8079
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2011 4:32 pm

Re: Official 2012-2013 NY Knicks Thread (31-15)

Postby therealdeal on Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:09 am

Don't even get started on "tiring to watch" on a Laker site right now. :man10:

I think the problem honestly is the offense comes and goes because like the Lakers you're an outside team. The reason the Triangle works at it's most basic level is because you're getting more, higher percentage shots. Outside shots don't always fall. That's why teams like LA and NY right now sometimes look like duds and sometimes look unstoppable.

Then of course there's the fact that even if Amar'e and Melo are trying their hardest they just aren't great defenders. Chandler is great, Shumpert is good, JR Smith can sometimes be good, and Kidd is solid against stronger guys, but in general it's just Chandler there. If he's not in the game, you guys are going to struggle on that end.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 40408
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:03 pm

Re: Official 2012-2013 NY Knicks Thread: K-Mart Signed

Postby keyindabox on Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:35 am

So the Knicks had easily one of their worst performances in recent memory against the Pacers the other night. No pride, heart, hustle, composure, offense, defense, the list goes on and on. Woody has said he's considering changing the lineup, but STAT will probably stick to the bench because he loves Melo at the 4. One thing is for sure though, Shumpert CANNOT play the 3 right now and JKidd is struggling. My opinion, Shumpert should be at the 2 and JKidd on the bench. The rest of the lineup is tough though, because with Melo at the 4 IDK who can play the 3.

In other news, we signed Kenyon Martin to a 10-day contract. Apparently he's been working out this whole time while waiting for a team to offer him something he liked, so if is in shape and can stay healthy, he can end up being a BIG help for us, no pun intended. With Sheed and Camby both hurt and let's face it, unreliable in terms of staying healthy, K-Mart can end up being a much needed addition. Was mad when we let Birdman go to the Heat, happy we acted on Martin.
"Like I say to people all the time, I don’t care what Brooklyn do, I don’t care if they have a better record than we do this year, we still got “New York” on our chest. We’re still New York’s team, regardless of what Brooklyn do." - Ray Felton
Image
BLACK MAMBA
User avatar
keyindabox
Clublakers Rep: Knicks
 
Posts: 6708
Joined: Thu Mar 04, 2004 3:22 pm
Location: njz

Re: Official 2012-2013 NY Knicks Thread: K-Mart Signed

Postby Weezy on Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:24 pm

If K-Mart looks good and is a factor in NY I'm gonna be pissed.
User avatar
Weezy
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 50949
Joined: Sat Jun 03, 2006 11:14 am
Location: Anaheim, CA

Re: Official 2012-2013 NY Knicks Thread: K-Mart Signed

Postby FabFourLakers on Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:58 pm

keyindabox wrote:So the Knicks had easily one of their worst performances in recent memory against the Pacers the other night. No pride, heart, hustle, composure, offense, defense, the list goes on and on. Woody has said he's considering changing the lineup, but STAT will probably stick to the bench because he loves Melo at the 4. One thing is for sure though, Shumpert CANNOT play the 3 right now and JKidd is struggling. My opinion, Shumpert should be at the 2 and JKidd on the bench. The rest of the lineup is tough though, because with Melo at the 4 IDK who can play the 3.

In other news, we signed Kenyon Martin to a 10-day contract. Apparently he's been working out this whole time while waiting for a team to offer him something he liked, so if is in shape and can stay healthy, he can end up being a BIG help for us, no pun intended. With Sheed and Camby both hurt and let's face it, unreliable in terms of staying healthy, K-Mart can end up being a much needed addition. Was mad when we let Birdman go to the Heat, happy we acted on Martin.


I think they should consider starting that Copeland guy at the 3....i'm confused as to why they let Brewer go...he was their starting 3 earlier this year....but i guess they could go with Novak at the 3 to provide more floor spacing....and Shump at the 2 with Felton at 1...then Prigioni and Kidd come in at the back up guard spots, and Smith can back up the 2/3 spots...

Or MAYBE it's time to try Amare in the starting lineup with Melo?
User avatar
FabFourLakers

 
Posts: 11762
Joined: Sat Jul 26, 2003 2:47 pm
Location: Irvine, CA

Re: Official 2012-2013 NY Knicks Thread: K-Mart Signed

Postby keyindabox on Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:04 pm

FabFourLakers wrote:
keyindabox wrote:So the Knicks had easily one of their worst performances in recent memory against the Pacers the other night. No pride, heart, hustle, composure, offense, defense, the list goes on and on. Woody has said he's considering changing the lineup, but STAT will probably stick to the bench because he loves Melo at the 4. One thing is for sure though, Shumpert CANNOT play the 3 right now and JKidd is struggling. My opinion, Shumpert should be at the 2 and JKidd on the bench. The rest of the lineup is tough though, because with Melo at the 4 IDK who can play the 3.

In other news, we signed Kenyon Martin to a 10-day contract. Apparently he's been working out this whole time while waiting for a team to offer him something he liked, so if is in shape and can stay healthy, he can end up being a BIG help for us, no pun intended. With Sheed and Camby both hurt and let's face it, unreliable in terms of staying healthy, K-Mart can end up being a much needed addition. Was mad when we let Birdman go to the Heat, happy we acted on Martin.


I think they should consider starting that Copeland guy at the 3....i'm confused as to why they let Brewer go...he was their starting 3 earlier this year....but i guess they could go with Novak at the 3 to provide more floor spacing....and Shump at the 2 with Felton at 1...then Prigioni and Kidd come in at the back up guard spots, and Smith can back up the 2/3 spots...

Or MAYBE it's time to try Amare in the starting lineup with Melo?


Problem with Copeland is that he's probably one of the, if not the worst defender on the team (rivals Novak). But it's a possibility. However, my first concern is putting Shump back at the 2. Not only is it his not his natural position, but he is recovering from a serious injury, and it's obvious he is pushing himself to do things he isn't use to doing or just can't do. I would really love STAT back at the 4, but Woodson seems with him at the 4. We'll see. K-Mart will probably be ready by the beginning/middle of the week and we play the Raptors tonight. I expect a crap ton of fire, cause that last loss was utterly embarrassing.
"Like I say to people all the time, I don’t care what Brooklyn do, I don’t care if they have a better record than we do this year, we still got “New York” on our chest. We’re still New York’s team, regardless of what Brooklyn do." - Ray Felton
Image
BLACK MAMBA
User avatar
keyindabox
Clublakers Rep: Knicks
 
Posts: 6708
Joined: Thu Mar 04, 2004 3:22 pm
Location: njz

Re: Official 2012-2013 NY Knicks Thread: K-Mart Signed

Postby Rooscooter on Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:07 pm

Weezy wrote:If K-Mart looks good and is a factor in NY I'm gonna be pissed.


He's been neither of these things since his New Jersey days..... I don't think you will have to worry :man10:
"If the past sits in judgment on the present, the future will be lost." Winston Churchill

“The prospect of domination of the nation's scholars by Federal employment, project allocations, and the power of money is ever present - and is gravely to be regarded." Dwight Eisenhower

"Socialism in general has a record of failure so blatant that only an intellectual could ignore or evade it" Thomas Sowell
User avatar
Rooscooter

 
Posts: 23011
Joined: Sun Jan 30, 2011 4:25 pm
Location: Chandler AZ and Andalué

Re: Official 2012-2013 NY Knicks Thread: K-Mart Signed

Postby keyindabox on Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:53 pm

Rooscooter wrote:
Weezy wrote:If K-Mart looks good and is a factor in NY I'm gonna be pissed.


He's been neither of these things since his New Jersey days..... I don't think you will have to worry :man10:


I dont know, he was pretty affective with the Clippers last season. I mean for a solid 10-15 rebounds, I definitely think he's good for it if he can stay healthy. And I constantly stress the "stay healthy" because that's been a problem for Knicks bigs.

Anyway, a 4-game losing streak. That's new :man5:
"Like I say to people all the time, I don’t care what Brooklyn do, I don’t care if they have a better record than we do this year, we still got “New York” on our chest. We’re still New York’s team, regardless of what Brooklyn do." - Ray Felton
Image
BLACK MAMBA
User avatar
keyindabox
Clublakers Rep: Knicks
 
Posts: 6708
Joined: Thu Mar 04, 2004 3:22 pm
Location: njz

Re: Official 2012-2013 NY Knicks Thread: K-Mart Signed

Postby Weezy on Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:19 am

Rooscooter wrote:
Weezy wrote:If K-Mart looks good and is a factor in NY I'm gonna be pissed.


He's been neither of these things since his New Jersey days..... I don't think you will have to worry :man10:


I don't know if I'd go that far, as much as I dislike the guy he was solid for Denver.
User avatar
Weezy
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 50949
Joined: Sat Jun 03, 2006 11:14 am
Location: Anaheim, CA

Re: Official 2012-2013 NY Knicks Thread: K-Mart Signed

Postby keyindabox on Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:32 pm

Steph Curry :man4:

Dude was straight up unconscious. I have to be honest, I don't know when's the last time a player was THAT hot for THAT long in a game against the Knicks at the Garden. It was a true privilege to watch. Luckily, the Knicks still held on with big performances from Melo and JR. Oh and Tyson, career high 28 rebounds :jam2:
"Like I say to people all the time, I don’t care what Brooklyn do, I don’t care if they have a better record than we do this year, we still got “New York” on our chest. We’re still New York’s team, regardless of what Brooklyn do." - Ray Felton
Image
BLACK MAMBA
User avatar
keyindabox
Clublakers Rep: Knicks
 
Posts: 6708
Joined: Thu Mar 04, 2004 3:22 pm
Location: njz

PreviousNext

Return to NBA Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests

cron
Advertise Here | Privacy Policy | ©2008 Sculu Sports. Come Strong.