Official LBJ thread: 82 games too much man

Re: LBJ at MSG (thread 2)

Postby OCHO on Wed Feb 04, 2009 10:56 pm

CLICKCLICK wrote:Percentage wise, I'd say Lebron gets more hate from ClubLakers than Kobe does from ESPN.


this...
It's the length of one day.. One half.. One shot clock.. This number is my promise, to dominate every moment..
User avatar
OCHO

 
Posts: 1085
Joined: Mon Nov 07, 2005 7:08 pm
Location: Melbourne, Australia

Re: LBJ at MSG (thread 2)

Postby TrentWalker on Wed Feb 04, 2009 11:23 pm

Wow, the Knicks suck.
User avatar
TrentWalker

 
Posts: 572
Joined: Thu Mar 13, 2008 11:31 pm
Location: Orange County

Re: LBJ at MSG (thread 2)

Postby Vincey on Wed Feb 04, 2009 11:45 pm

This thread is straight comedy. SMH at all the d-riders
User avatar
Vincey

 
Posts: 322
Joined: Thu Jun 19, 2008 10:37 pm
Location: Long Beach, CA.

Re: LBJ at MSG (thread 2)

Postby scarface223 on Thu Feb 05, 2009 12:12 am

^^ it's official, Lebron has garnered so much hatred from Laker fans that I don't even know what to say anymore. I mean I remember how things were with the hate towards Paul Pierce last yr, or Dwade in 06, or Tmac in 03, but this hate is something unlike anything I've ever seen. Props to FabFourLakers, it's good to hear from you man, you always were consistent in your praise for other players. That is the exact stance I have, I am glued to the TV when Kobe destroys the Knicks for 61 on monday, likewise today for Lebron. And if Dwade comes to MSG thinking the same thing and starts to get hot, then I'm hooked. The last thing I do is knock on a player for trying too hard to get his final rebound on route to achieving maybe the sickest triple double EVER!!! I mean are we really trying to downplay the dude getting 52,11, and 10, i mean REALLLYY??
User avatar
scarface223

 
Posts: 2060
Joined: Tue May 10, 2005 3:25 am
Location: ...

Re: LBJ at MSG (thread 2)

Postby KB24 on Thu Feb 05, 2009 12:50 am

even if LeBron tried hard to get top notch numbers...the fact that he did was amazing. really a triple double with 50+ points is a GREAT GREAT GREAT game and he shot better than 50% as well...sure he was gunning for it but its one thing to gun for something and another to get it done as well...

hats off to LeBron. Can't wait for our game against them on Sunday.
Image

"It is not how big you are, it is how big you play"
"Basketball doesn't build character. It reveals it"
"Be strong in body, clean in mind, lofty in ideals"
User avatar
KB24
Site Admin
 
Posts: 55536
Joined: Tue Jun 22, 2004 10:56 pm
Location: In Heaven

Re: LBJ at MSG (thread 2)

Postby lakerzkb8 on Thu Feb 05, 2009 1:09 am

OCHO wrote:
CLICKCLICK wrote:Percentage wise, I'd say Lebron gets more hate from ClubLakers than Kobe does from ESPN.


this...



Go to a Cavs forum they hate kobe equally as much.

Crazy statline by LBJ, but lame as hell to be gunning for it solely to out due Kobe. I HATE how he'll say to the media " i'm going to play my game.... i don't care about individual accolades" the day before then he just so happens to get a season high in field goal attempts the next day :man10:

Oh well. I'm just glad ESPN isn't playing the Lebron is so mature/humble for his age "card", because dude is the biggest stat padder in the league right now which is sooo childish. Somebody should just videotape Lebron all game and see how many times he looks up at his box score.
This game's in the refrigerator: the door is closed, the lights are out, the eggs are cooling, the butter's getting hard, and the Jello's jigglin'! - Chick Hearn RIP
User avatar
lakerzkb8

 
Posts: 13951
Joined: Mon Dec 26, 2005 7:20 pm
Location: Canadaland

Re: LBJ at MSG (thread 2)

Postby Daloyalfan18 on Thu Feb 05, 2009 1:35 am

lakerzkb8 wrote:
OCHO wrote:
CLICKCLICK wrote:Percentage wise, I'd say Lebron gets more hate from ClubLakers than Kobe does from ESPN.


this...



Go to a Cavs forum they hate kobe equally as much.

Crazy statline by LBJ, but lame as hell to be gunning for it solely to out due Kobe. I HATE how he'll say to the media " i'm going to play my game.... i don't care about individual accolades" the day before then he just so happens to get a season high in field goal attempts the next day :man10:

Oh well. I'm just glad ESPN isn't playing the Lebron is so mature/humble for his age "card", because dude is the biggest stat padder in the league right now which is sooo childish. Somebody should just videotape Lebron all game and see how many times he looks up at his box score.


That's true, all you had to do is reverse the names of the players and you wouldn't know which forum you were at.
User avatar
Daloyalfan18

 
Posts: 2416
Joined: Tue Feb 22, 2005 8:07 pm
Location: South Carolina

Re: LBJ at MSG (thread 2)

Postby CLICKCLICK on Thu Feb 05, 2009 1:42 am

lakerswiz wrote:
OCHO wrote:
CLICKCLICK wrote:Percentage wise, I'd say Lebron gets more hate from ClubLakers than Kobe does from ESPN.


this...

lmao.

this is a lakers fan site.

espn is a SPORTS NEWS SHOW

get outta here with this.


lol, I ain't going anywhere, you proved my point. By your logic because we are Laker fans, we are biased towards our team and it is justifiable to hate on Lebron.
Image
User avatar
CLICKCLICK

 
Posts: 3958
Joined: Thu May 13, 2004 7:53 pm

Re: LBJ at MSG (thread 2)

Postby CLICKCLICK on Thu Feb 05, 2009 1:47 am

And this whole "go to a cavs forum thing" is ridiculous, just because they choose to be biased and blind towards Kobe's greatness we have to stoop down to their level?

This forum has a lot more intelligent and mature members than most forums I've been to, but I guess you guys are right, as of late every Lebron thread looks the same as one on any other forum related to Kobe.
Image
User avatar
CLICKCLICK

 
Posts: 3958
Joined: Thu May 13, 2004 7:53 pm

Re: LBJ at MSG (thread 2)

Postby Daloyalfan18 on Thu Feb 05, 2009 1:53 am

CLICKCLICK wrote:And this whole "go to a cavs forum thing" is ridiculous, just because they choose to be biased and blind towards Kobe's greatness we have to stoop down to their level?

This forum has a lot more intelligent and mature members than most forums I've been to, but I guess you guys are right, as of late every Lebron thread looks the same as one on any other forum related to Kobe.


Believe it or not the most unbiased forum I've seen was Spurs Report. A lot of knowledgeable posters there and although there are a few EXTREME haters they get shot down fairly quickly. It's much better than the cesspool that is Spurs Talk. Clutchfans has a good number of Kobe fans also.
User avatar
Daloyalfan18

 
Posts: 2416
Joined: Tue Feb 22, 2005 8:07 pm
Location: South Carolina

Re: LBJ at MSG (thread 2)

Postby CLICKCLICK on Thu Feb 05, 2009 2:06 am

Daloyalfan18 wrote:
CLICKCLICK wrote:And this whole "go to a cavs forum thing" is ridiculous, just because they choose to be biased and blind towards Kobe's greatness we have to stoop down to their level?

This forum has a lot more intelligent and mature members than most forums I've been to, but I guess you guys are right, as of late every Lebron thread looks the same as one on any other forum related to Kobe.


Believe it or not the most unbiased forum I've seen was Spurs Report. A lot of knowledgeable posters there and although there are a few EXTREME haters they get shot down fairly quickly. It's much better than the cesspool that is Spurs Talk. Clutchfans has a good number of Kobe fans also.


Makes me wonder, you know how most of us on this board recognize how great Duncan is despite the rivalry? Would that any different if the Spurs were carried by to the promise land 4 times, by a Guard/Forward player, same personality as Duncan, but he'd constantly be compared to Kobe by the media...
Image
User avatar
CLICKCLICK

 
Posts: 3958
Joined: Thu May 13, 2004 7:53 pm

Re: LBJ at MSG (thread 2)

Postby scarface223 on Thu Feb 05, 2009 2:43 am

CLICKCLICK wrote:And this whole "go to a cavs forum thing" is ridiculous, just because they choose to be biased and blind towards Kobe's greatness we have to stoop down to their level?

This forum has a lot more intelligent and mature members than most forums I've been to, but I guess you guys are right, as of late every Lebron thread looks the same as one on any other forum related to Kobe.


well said, also why I prefer CL to ANy other forum, because there are so many unbiased and well spoken members
User avatar
scarface223

 
Posts: 2060
Joined: Tue May 10, 2005 3:25 am
Location: ...

Re: LBJ at MSG (thread 2)

Postby Daloyalfan18 on Thu Feb 05, 2009 2:52 am

CLICKCLICK wrote:
Daloyalfan18 wrote:
CLICKCLICK wrote:And this whole "go to a cavs forum thing" is ridiculous, just because they choose to be biased and blind towards Kobe's greatness we have to stoop down to their level?

This forum has a lot more intelligent and mature members than most forums I've been to, but I guess you guys are right, as of late every Lebron thread looks the same as one on any other forum related to Kobe.


Believe it or not the most unbiased forum I've seen was Spurs Report. A lot of knowledgeable posters there and although there are a few EXTREME haters they get shot down fairly quickly. It's much better than the cesspool that is Spurs Talk. Clutchfans has a good number of Kobe fans also.


Makes me wonder, you know how most of us on this board recognize how great Duncan is despite the rivalry? Would that any different if the Spurs were carried by to the promise land 4 times, by a Guard/Forward player, same personality as Duncan, but he'd constantly be compared to Kobe by the media...


I think you already know the answer to that. :man12: Although there might be a difference because Tim's personality is so nonchalant and nonthreatening. I used to despise Wade but the Olympics made me gain a lot of respect for him. It also helps that he was left in the dust by Shaq in the same way that we were.

Really it comes down to fact that fans want to see their favorite player get all the glory and be that unchallenged number 1 player in the league. I was shocked to find that some Cavs fans think Kobe gets all the calls and many think the media has a agenda against Lebron especially because you hear the opposite at Lakers forums.

In my opinion it goes back to the fact that many Lebron and Kobe fans started out watching basketball during the MJ years and want their favorite player to be revered the way MJ was as the unquestioned best player in the game. I think that's why there is so much animosity.

Also for Kobe/Lakers fans we've seen many challengers (AI, Vince, T-Mac) come and go with Kobe being the constant. I don't like Lebron that much but I accept that he is coming up behind Kobe and will be right there with him for the rest of his career. I'm definitely trying to cut down on the hate and appreciate him for what he is. I hate it when Kobe doesn't get the respect he deserves so I'm trying to show respect to Bron.
User avatar
Daloyalfan18

 
Posts: 2416
Joined: Tue Feb 22, 2005 8:07 pm
Location: South Carolina

Re: LBJ at MSG (thread 2)

Postby CLICKCLICK on Thu Feb 05, 2009 3:05 am

In my opinion it goes back to the fact that many Lebron and Kobe fans started out watching basketball during the MJ years and want their favorite player to be revered the way MJ was as the unquestioned best player in the game. I think that's why there is so much animosity.


I hate it when Kobe doesn't get the respect he deserves so I'm trying to show respect to Bron.


I agree 100% to the [WAVE RACE 64 ANNOUNCER VOICE] MAXIMUM POWER! [/WAVE RACE 64ANNOUNCER VOICE]
Image
User avatar
CLICKCLICK

 
Posts: 3958
Joined: Thu May 13, 2004 7:53 pm

Re: LBJ at MSG (thread 2)

Postby blocks on Thu Feb 05, 2009 5:03 am

I think it's close between Kobe and Lebron's games...that said...rebounds and assists are the two most overrated stats in basketball. There I said it.
Image
under pressure, you either bust pipes or make diamonds
User avatar
blocks

 
Posts: 1408
Joined: Sun Apr 02, 2006 10:36 pm
Location: The Bay, CA

Re: LBJ at MSG (thread 2)

Postby Kou on Thu Feb 05, 2009 5:11 am

I just didn't like the fact he said before the game, "i'm not going for any record" and then came out and became an absolute hypocrit, you could see from the very first minute he was gunning for it to the detriment of his team.
NBA 2k9 team:

Fisher/Rose/Watson
Bryant/Wells
Lee/Ariza/Walton
Gasol/Yi
Bynum/Zo
User avatar
Kou

 
Posts: 3044
Joined: Fri Apr 21, 2006 10:22 am

Re: LBJ at MSG (thread 2)

Postby markketch on Thu Feb 05, 2009 5:32 am

puffyusaf#2 wrote:
Actually the rule is he has to re-establish himself inbounds before he can touch the ball. That means your hero has to have BOTH feet in before touching the ball.

I know, I know you don't get it............moving on.


Why would he have to re-establish himself if he was inbounds the entire time? He went out of bounds after he grabbed the rebound...

In the paint (in) - takes a few steps (in) - grabs rebound (in) - falls out of bounds & passes ball (in then out). That's the sequence.
markketch

 
Posts: 630
Joined: Sat Jan 24, 2009 3:36 pm

Re: LBJ at MSG (thread 2)

Postby porter30 on Thu Feb 05, 2009 6:52 am

blocks wrote:I think it's close between Kobe and Lebron's games...that said...rebounds and assists are the two most overrated stats in basketball. There I said it.


Why do you say rebounds and assists are so overrated? They both provided additional scores, or chances to score for your team.

Most people over here seem to think that LeBron's performance was more outstanding than Kobe's:

http://www.asternwarning.com/forum/nba/ ... mance.html
porter30

 
Posts: 10
Joined: Sat Jan 31, 2009 7:45 pm

Re: LBJ at MSG (thread 2)

Postby Juronimo on Thu Feb 05, 2009 7:53 am

Jesus Christ guys, give Lebron credit for having a monster game. A triple double with 50 points is absurd. How can you hate on that?
Image

Ferguson, we hear you.
RIP Mike Brown.
User avatar
Juronimo

 
Posts: 6598
Joined: Thu Jul 14, 2005 6:20 pm
Location: Fist in the air on a quest for justice

Re: LBJ at MSG (thread 2)

Postby JSM on Thu Feb 05, 2009 8:32 am

Yahoo has a poll up.

4 options -- Bron, MJ, Kobe, and King's performance.

Kobe's in the lead.
User avatar
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator
 
Posts: 94034
Joined: Mon Apr 28, 2003 3:40 pm
Location: Atlanta

Re: LBJ at MSG (thread 2)

Postby KGB on Thu Feb 05, 2009 9:11 am

Juronimo wrote:Jesus Christ guys, give Lebron credit for having a monster game. A triple double with 50 points is absurd. How can you hate on that?

Nobody is hating on his performance at all, except for the fact that it was all forced and kobe's wasn't. Besides that, were just more upset at the amount of people nut hugging him everywhere.
Image
I used to post with the username 8got81_24gets101
User avatar
KGB

 
Posts: 10429
Joined: Sat Dec 02, 2006 11:00 am
Location: Waiting till june for revenge.

Re: LBJ at MSG (thread 2)

Postby porter30 on Thu Feb 05, 2009 9:26 am

Juronimo wrote:Jesus Christ guys, give Lebron credit for having a monster game. A triple double with 50 points is absurd. How can you hate on that?


Some people have only one eye... and that eye is purple and gold...

LeBron deserves a heap of credit for his performance and there is absolutely nothing wrong with proclaiming that an opposing player has performed better than one of your own!!
porter30

 
Posts: 10
Joined: Sat Jan 31, 2009 7:45 pm

Re: LBJ at MSG (thread 2)

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Thu Feb 05, 2009 9:40 am

porter30 wrote:
Juronimo wrote:Jesus Christ guys, give Lebron credit for having a monster game. A triple double with 50 points is absurd. How can you hate on that?


Some people have only one eye... and that eye is purple and gold...

LeBron deserves a heap of credit for his performance and there is absolutely nothing wrong with proclaiming that an opposing player has performed better than one of your own!!


You should try "reading" it is fun and it will help you join in on discussions. No one has descredited LBJ's great performance at all the issue as someone pointed out has been all the nutthugging for him even before the game. Try again with the purple and gold eye
For what it's worth, the Lakers also clinched the Pacific Division, an achievement Bryant dismissed by saying "We don't hang divisions." No, only the big NBA championship banners are considered wall-worthy for the Lakers.
User avatar
puffyusaf#2

 
Posts: 30704
Joined: Sun Apr 02, 2006 3:15 pm
Location: Chasing the dream to an Oscar

Re: LBJ at MSG (thread 2)

Postby D.B. Cooper on Thu Feb 05, 2009 10:12 am

Kou wrote:I just didn't like the fact he said before the game, "i'm not going for any record" and then came out and became an absolute hypocrit, you could see from the very first minute he was gunning for it to the detriment of his team.
Image
User avatar
D.B. Cooper

 
Posts: 6853
Joined: Thu Nov 02, 2006 1:03 pm
Location: C.L

Re: LBJ at MSG (thread 2)

Postby porter30 on Thu Feb 05, 2009 10:12 am

Oh, so can't see how what I said was a direct response to what I quoted? I would say that you are the one who needs to read.

Putting that aside, on the topic of nuthugging, that's been going on forever, because LeBron James happens to be an amazing basketball player. Kobe Bryant is as well -- I can manage to appreciate both of them, without feeling hurt if one gets attention, regardless of what team I support.
porter30

 
Posts: 10
Joined: Sat Jan 31, 2009 7:45 pm

PreviousNext

Return to NBA Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Yahoo [Bot] and 11 guests

cron
Advertise Here | Privacy Policy | ©2008 Sculu Sports. Come Strong.