Official LBJ thread: Leading from behind?

Re: Official LBJ thread: The Best player last 15 years, maybe?

Postby wcsoldier81 on Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:25 pm

He came up big , no doubt about it but don't forget one thing : we are living in a " what have you done for me lately " world ...

I definetely agree with " theOP" though ... some fans care more about Lebron and Kobe than Lakers legacy ...

the only numbers comparaison which matters is Lakers/Celtics titles
wcsoldier81

Re: Official LBJ thread: Hate or love him he came to play!

Postby Finwë on Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:48 pm

bumrusherer wrote:I was too young to properly see Jordan Live.

So for me, Lebron is the best player I've ever seen since that time. The dudee is absolutely remarkable and this is 2 in a row that could end up being 4 or 5 in a row. With another 3 or 4 MVP's.

Love watching him play.

"what have you done for me lately" analysis.

LeBron played great tonight. No denying it. Great game 7 performance. However, let's not forget that, with the exception of a few stretches, he played a very subpar series - very subpar for anyone in the "best player in the generation" debate.
Seriously, if Leonard makes that FT in game 6, LeBron doesn't get a Gm 7 to make up for most of his play, and doesn't get another ring or finals MVP. Not saying it wasn't a great performance tonight, just saying his play wasn't good enough before tonight for a guy compared with the all-time greats. It just wasn't. And every game mattered, not just this last one. Again, one more FT, one more rebound, and he loses the title.

He deserves the Finals MVP especially for his performance tonight, but it's one of the weakest Finals MVP runs IMO.
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
Finwë

Re: Official LBJ thread: Hate or love him he came to play!

Postby Finwë on Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:53 pm

The Original 81 wrote:
Mike Wise ‏@MikeWiseguy 1m
Magic just told LeBron on the ESPN set that he believed LeBron was going to be the greatest to ever play the game.

Moar "what have you done for me lately". What about 60% of the series, Magic?
Same way most people forgot about the Dallas series in 2011, or the Celtics series in 2010.
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
Finwë

Postby Finwë on Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:54 pm

Legendary wrote:^
I wouldn't call it "hate."

It's just keeping things in perspective.

Exactly. Not getting caught in the moment, trying to remember and consider the all, not just the now.
Finwë

Postby Finwë on Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:55 pm

shoe wrote:Yeah, i'm just not used to the "best player in the world" being dared to shoot jump shots and not having the confidence to do so for the first 6 games of the series.

He definitely earned the championship tonight, but I don't understand how he could be so passive the first half of this series.

Agreed 100%.
Finwë

Postby Weezy on Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:59 pm

Ridiculous statements IMO that LeBron is the best player of the last 15 seasons. I give him tons of credit for this game 7, and 2 titles and 2 Finals MVPs, but he had a few better than average games this series, 4, 6 and 7, and most of 6 wasn't good. He earned this one, props to him, but the ridiculous statements and glossing over most of his mediocrity in this series is a joke. Kobe is still better than LeBron career-wise at this point and as a killer/giving his all every game of a series, and IMO overall talent as well for longer (not saying Kobe NOW is better than LeBron now). Duncan also has a better resume, to say that he'll be the best ever, that he's the best in 15 years and ignore Kobe's body of work is a joke. Will he be the greatest ever? I doubt it, MJ is still 6 for 6, LeBron is 2 for 4. Like I said before though, this series win and Finals MVP move him into my top 10 at the 10 spot. Kobe at 13-20 though, that's a ridiculous statement. LeBron as a top 5 player ever now? Can't agree, top 5 players don't have their Finals averages take huge dives and then show up for a few games. He showed up for the right ones though, that's for sure, thought at the same time had he been this aggressive to start with maybe it doesn't go 7 games.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby LakerFanIam on Thu Jun 20, 2013 11:00 pm

I'm not getting into a Kobe vs. Lebron debate or is James the "G.O.A.T" nonsense.
All I know is the dude is unstoppable at every aspect of the game when he needs to be...

Sure he gets help from teammates, & sure he's not always 100% on, & sure he can come across as a self righteous douchebag... But it's your loss if you can't appreciate how great he really is.
LakerFanIam

Postby Frank Dux on Thu Jun 20, 2013 11:17 pm

LakerFanIam wrote:I'm not getting into a Kobe vs. Lebron debate or is James the "G.O.A.T" nonsense.
All I know is the dude is unstoppable at every aspect of the game when he needs to be...

Sure he gets help from teammates, & sure he's not always 100% on, & sure he can come across as a self righteous douchebag... But it's your loss if you can't appreciate how great he really is.

He looked pretty stoppable in a lot of big moments actually. His post game is still bad, his jumper was really inconsistant, and he got rattled pretty easily. He has the most loaded team in recent memory, and if Ray- Ray didn't bail his *** out in game six we'd all be calling Lebron the biggest choker ever. I give him props for showing up in game seven, but let's be real, the Pacers, and the Spurs shouldn't have been able to take a team with Lebron James, Wade, and Bosh to seven games.

I'm not even a huge hater, I'm not impressed, and if anything, I lost even more respect for Lebron an co. over the course of the playoffs. He should be absolutely decimating these teams.
Frank Dux
Clublakers Moderator

Postby V.V.V.V.V. on Fri Jun 21, 2013 12:49 am

This Miami team should get the label the Lakers got in 2009: yeah they won but they didn't deserve to win. They let inferior teams take them to 7 games, by what it appears to be taking games off in a series. Sometimes they looked like they were unwilling to put the hard work in, and just wanted the title handed to them.
Vi Veri Vniversum Vivus Vici
V.V.V.V.V.

Postby Alleyhoops on Fri Jun 21, 2013 1:09 am

All I know is that I will now be unable to stomach watching ESPN for at least the next 3 months as they will consistently be doing remote broadcasts from inside LeBron's jock.
Alleyhoops

Postby Ring It Up on Fri Jun 21, 2013 1:24 am

Alleyhoops wrote:All I know is that I will now be unable to stomach watching ESPN for at least the next 3 months as they will consistently be doing remote broadcasts from inside LeBron's jock.

HA HA HA HA HA
How do I know Jesus loves me so much he doesn't want me working the whole weekend?
Exodus 31:15 Six days shall work be done, but the seventh day is a Sabbath of solemn rest, holy to the Lord. Whoever does any work on the Sabbath day shall be put to death.
Don't believe those lies, son! The only lies worth believing are the ones in the Bible! Can I get an amen?
Ring It Up

Postby LooN3y on Fri Jun 21, 2013 1:40 am

you know what i hate?

all these stupid [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] girls and women going crazy for lebron and they dont know lick about basketball. they just like him because hes popular, just like all these girls loving crappy rap songs because "they're popular" not because of lyrical talent or ingenious beats and production.

i really wanted to slap this one chick after we won in 09, and she said "fisher did nothing, fisher sucks, he shouldnt even played this year, he only scores 8 points" in the year that he sealed the series with those 2 big 3's, not to mention how he has his place in laker lore for all of his clutch shots and leadership.

im starting to hate women. :man10:
LooN3y

Postby SpencerHarrison on Fri Jun 21, 2013 3:00 am

Listening to the "greatest of all time" stuff is just bizarre... I have no idea how somebody can watch LeBron James play basketball and think that. He's a physical beast, but his skillset is limited, and he did everything he could to give the Spurs the series in game 6.

Not buying it. The Heat are a crazy talented, crazy deep team with so many threats to score. They're well coached, experienced and fluid. They should be destroying teams. Can't wait until this era wraps up and we get some new blood.
SpencerHarrison

Postby nameant on Fri Jun 21, 2013 6:01 am

Ring chasing in his prime. End of story. In a world full of "what have you done for me lately", some people will never forget. Doesn't matter to me if this dood wins 10 rings in a row. He's a mental midget and a chump....wants everything handed to him, always has.
nameant

Postby Phil XI on Fri Jun 21, 2013 7:01 am

nameant wrote:Ring chasing in his prime. End of story.

On point.

Just heard Sasha Vujacic and Luke Walton reminiscing, "ahhh I remember when I got my second ring".

Agree with Frank, V.V., Weezy all great posts above.
Get 17!!
Phil XI

Location: Thanks Ron for Gm7! You'll always be a Laker Legend!

Postby therealdeal on Fri Jun 21, 2013 7:52 am

Anyone know where I can find a family of crows? :man10:

He was the best player when he needed to be. He won that game. Props to LeBron James. It seems he might actually have turned the corner that ESPN told me he did years ago.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Re: Official LBJ thread: The Best player last 15 years? Wow.

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Fri Jun 21, 2013 7:56 am

purp n gold wrote:
puffyusaf#2 wrote:
purp n gold wrote:Change the thread title, it borderline trolling. Kobe and Duncan were the best players from 2000-10. LeBron is now.

Explain? Magic said greatest ever.
Some have already called him top 5.
Kobe has been moved out of top 10.
Lebron carried a bunch of scrubs to a Championship.

Do you disagree that he is the best player over the last 15 years? If not tell us why? I am sure you can see ESPN celebrate him like the second coming of Jesus.

How in the hell can he be the best player in the past 15 years when he's only played 10 years? :bang:

LOL... You haven't been paying attention obviously
I don't always bring down the hammer but when I do it is usually to a troll! Stay TROLL FREE my freinds!
puffyusaf#2
Clublakers Moderator

Postby TIME on Fri Jun 21, 2013 8:43 am

I will boldly declare that LeBron IS the best player in the last 15 ... games.
I'm lost in the fog of denial!
TIME
CL Global Moderator

Postby gcclaker on Fri Jun 21, 2013 10:06 am

No siggie...
gcclaker
CL Global Moderator

Postby Juronimo on Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:07 am

TheOp wrote:I am getting sick and tired of all this Kobe vs Lebron nonsene. At this point I could really care less about legacies.

Lakers need number 17 and 18 to get the real legacy that matters most, GOAT franchise. That is the only legacy I care about. And as far as im concerned those guys didnt win this year so thats a win for us because we can still tie them next year.

I agree 100%. The only thing that matters is passing our rivals for #18. Everything else is ehh.

Ferguson, we hear you.
RIP Mike Brown.
Juronimo

Postby gcclaker on Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:10 am

^Yes...to quote Mamba: we have BIGGER fish to fry ahead of us.
No siggie...
gcclaker
CL Global Moderator

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:58 am

therealdeal wrote:Anyone know where I can find a family of crows? :man10:

He was the best player when he needed to be. He won that game. Props to LeBron James. It seems he might actually have turned the corner that ESPN told me he did years ago.

I wouldnt' go that far and say turn the corner. Pop dared him to shoot and he made shots. Could you imagine what would happen if the Spurs left Kobe or KD that wide open to take basic set shot jumpers?
I don't always bring down the hammer but when I do it is usually to a troll! Stay TROLL FREE my freinds!
puffyusaf#2
Clublakers Moderator

Postby FabFourLakers on Fri Jun 21, 2013 2:11 pm

Man there is some serious hate on LeBron...and I really don't get it...yeah he didn't play "well" for his standards for the whole series...but 25-11-7 doesn't lie, and that was compounded by two elimination games in which he easily could have folded but didn't....as much as i HATE this guy and wanted him to lose....each time he scored, or made a play in the 4th...i cringed. I cringed because it was just daggers to my heart....that LeBron is getting closer and closer to Kobe Bryant....he has now tied Kobe in Finals MVPs....he already has 4 MVP awards....and he could continue to win. He has the highest game 7 average of any player in the history of the game (I think something like 33.8 ppg), and whether ppl like it or not, I think he deserves a ton of credit for the game 6 and 7 wins (yes ray allen hit that 3 to send it to OT but LeBron also hit a 3 right before that to cut the lead to 2).

I hope we can all look back and appreciate what this guy has done....cuz I feel although the media isn't hating him as much as they hated Kobe for WINNING a game 7....the FANS, esp Lakers fans, are giving him some unwarranted hate. The Media has an agenda to get leBron/mj comparisons going...and as Lakers fans, we feel that they're slighting Kobe. But maybe when its all said and done, only then will they appreciate what Kobe did. That's why I'm really hoping that in the next 2 or 3 years, Kobe DOES win a championship, gets finals MVP, and does it against LeBron. That might put Kobe over LeBron for GOOD. But as of right now, they're getting closer and closer to each other....i think LeBron tying Kobe in finals MVP awards is a big deal....and whether people like it or not...Kobe wasn't the best player on that 3-peat team (i think he was in 2001 though, but he didn't get any Finals MVP awards unfortunately)....while LeBron has been the best player on any of the championships teams he's been a part of. Kobe was clearly the best player in 2009 and 2010 for the Lakers, shown by his 2 MVP awards....and now I really hope that Kobe gets one more while he still can be the "best player" on his team....and i hope it happens against LeBron.

With that being said, I'll never like LeBron, and I'll always hate him no matter what he does. I hope he never comes to the Lakers. I know that sounds ridiculous but I don't wanna root for a douche that wants everything handed to him and guaranteed that he would win 7 or 8 titles....Eff him and eff the Miami Heat. I hope them winning back to back gives Kobe and the Lakers all the motivation in the world to knock these fools off next year. I dont' want LeBron to join the elite "3 peat" teams. I'm excited about next year already. This is what the Lakers needed I think....let's see how we respond next year.
FabFourLakers

Postby LakerFanIam on Fri Jun 21, 2013 2:26 pm

The guy averaged 25.3pts - 11rbs - 7asst - 2.3stls - 1blk per game in the Finals.
He started the series slow & he had a few less than stellar moments but he absolutely took charge in the last two games when it was necessary. Everyone wants to simply say Ray Allen saved game 6, but forgets to mention that Lebron had 18 points in that 4th quarter...
Last edited by LakerFanIam on Fri Jun 21, 2013 5:52 pm, edited 3 times in total.
LakerFanIam

Postby TIME on Fri Jun 21, 2013 2:26 pm

FabFourLakers wrote:Man there is some serious hate on LeBron...and I really don't get it...

I'll never like LeBron, and I'll always hate him no matter what he does. I hope he never comes to the Lakers. I know that sounds ridiculous but I don't wanna root for a douche that wants everything handed to him and guaranteed that he would win 7 or 8 titles....Eff him and eff the Miami Heat.

This wins my award for most unintentionally humorous post of the week.
I'm lost in the fog of denial!
TIME
CL Global Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to NBA Discussion