Official LBJ thread: 82 games too much man

Re: Official LBJ thread: Clutch in Miami 1-9?

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Fri Apr 12, 2013 12:08 am

This thread has taken a turn even I didn't expect :man3:
For what it's worth, the Lakers also clinched the Pacific Division, an achievement Bryant dismissed by saying "We don't hang divisions." No, only the big NBA championship banners are considered wall-worthy for the Lakers.
puffyusaf#2

Postby Doc Brown on Fri Apr 12, 2013 9:16 am

Opens thread.....

Sees Battle of the Bulge....

Exits thread....
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Fri Apr 12, 2013 10:04 am

I think the Mods should be tossing out warning for making my thread weird too
For what it's worth, the Lakers also clinched the Pacific Division, an achievement Bryant dismissed by saying "We don't hang divisions." No, only the big NBA championship banners are considered wall-worthy for the Lakers.
puffyusaf#2

Postby Weezy on Fri Apr 12, 2013 1:55 pm

Lol I don't think it's warning worthy, but I'm sure we'd all like to pretend this didn't happen and get back on topic. I really don't care to even think about how NBA players stack up in... that way. :man10:
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Fri Apr 12, 2013 2:47 pm

^well all I know is no one can stack up to Bron he is the best specimen to ever play the game ever no really no one can match him on any level. Thats what they told me!
puffyusaf#2

Postby Scnottaken on Sat Apr 13, 2013 3:59 am

OH GOD NO, I WASN'T EVEN LOOKING THERE BEFORE!
i NEED EYE BLEACH!
I want to hear "Beat LA" chants at a Clipper vs Laker game
Scnottaken

Re: Official LBJ thread: Game winner: ESPN gonna rock it

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Wed May 22, 2013 8:58 pm

OK we know the ESPN will be all over it but the King made a great play to win the game...actually two straight times he attacked the rim....

So the question: How much will ESPN praise this awesome display?
puffyusaf#2

Postby Weezy on Wed May 22, 2013 9:03 pm

To no end. He will be hailed as once and forever clutch, and an unstoppable freight train, the new Jordan. When really all he did was hide in the corner all OT until Vogel took out Hibbert, them he had the red carpet laid out to the rim for him.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Wed May 22, 2013 9:10 pm

^you know I didn't understand why Hibbert wasn't on the floor. The shots by LBJ was huge to end the game but the guy was a no show up until that point to end regulation and overtime (except that desperation 3 Cole fed him). There will be no mention of how well Goerge not only D'ed him up and then scored on him at will though. I can only imagine how First Take will spin this one
puffyusaf#2

Postby Jazzygirl205 on Wed May 22, 2013 9:11 pm

Eh it can't be any worse than the shot heard around the world, at least I hope not :man10:
Jazzygirl205

Postby Weezy on Wed May 22, 2013 9:15 pm

First Take is the only show I'm not worried about overdoing it, Skip will always find a way to hate on LeBron or downplay what he does. He will point out how well George guarded LeBron most of the time at the very least, and he will blame Vogel a lot for sure. Stephen A on the other hand, well yeah he will slurp LeBron pretty bad.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby Tobias Funke on Wed May 22, 2013 9:33 pm

LMAO @ the posts from April 11-12th.
"Come hell or high water we're gonna be there again. Its just something about the Lakers organization. Mitch is really, really good at it, he's really really good man...."

Tobias Funke

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Wed May 22, 2013 9:34 pm

Jazzygirl205 wrote:Eh it can't be any worse than the shot heard around the world, at least I hope not :man10:

It is going to be much worse...... Remember ESPN already made it Miami's big 2 vs the Big 5 of Indy.
puffyusaf#2

Postby Mr_Hollywood_Line on Thu May 23, 2013 12:20 am

LOL! How many steps did he take on that last play? Five? :man10:
Mr_Hollywood_Line

Postby Scnottaken on Thu May 23, 2013 1:15 am

Mr_Hollywood_Line wrote:LOL! How many steps did he take on that last play? Five? :man10:

He pushed off, but idk about travel.
I want to hear "Beat LA" chants at a Clipper vs Laker game
Scnottaken

Postby wcsoldier81 on Thu May 23, 2013 4:04 am

I hope " The day after the shot part 2" special is coming on ESPN
wcsoldier81

Postby wcsoldier81 on Thu May 23, 2013 6:10 am

Mr_Hollywood_Line wrote:LOL! How many steps did he take on that last play? Five? :man10:

2 steps dribble 3 steps , even Harden is jealous ... that's the worst thing about NBA B-Ball ...
wcsoldier81

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Thu May 23, 2013 8:38 am

Did he really travel? I really wasn't paying attention after seeing the overplay by Indy.
puffyusaf#2

Postby Weezy on Thu May 23, 2013 10:13 am

Woke up today, turned on ESPN first take out of habit, see "king clutch" in the corner with a picture of LeBron with a jeweled crown on. :man11: Stephen A and Eddie House give LeBron's game winner an 8, Skip gives it a 9. Changed the channel to each of the other ESPN station, all taking about LeBron, SportsCenter with the line "LeBron Is Clutch", every person they can possibly bring on to interview, is brought on to interview. They proceed to list LeBrons playoff game winners while saying how clutch he is, I believe there were a grand total of 3. :man11: Oh ESPN, could your agenda be more clear? No more ESPN for me today.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby therealdeal on Thu May 23, 2013 10:38 am

Beautifully drawn play that was well executed.

Congrats to LeBron.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Weezy on Thu May 23, 2013 10:45 am

AND it was only the 3rd buzzer beater in the opening game of a series since 1995, only Jordan, Marbury, and LeBron have done it, that's how impressive it was. What would we do without ESPN's ridiculously obscure stays meant to make a play look way better than it actually was? Well... I guess just say nice play and move on like normal people rather than praise a layup like it was made by God himself.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby Chillbongo on Thu May 23, 2013 12:30 pm

puffyusaf#2 wrote:Did he really travel? I really wasn't paying attention after seeing the overplay by Indy.

You guys know I like to give LeBron as little credit as possible but unfortunately he didn't travel on that game winner.

Caught the ball took a step, dribbled, picked up dribble, step, step, layup.

Actually made me feel better because I can rule out the refs/NBA LeBroning.
Chillbongo

Postby lakerfan2 on Thu May 23, 2013 12:33 pm

Vogel made a horrible decision taking Hibbert out.

First rule is to protect from a layup. He was more afraid of the switch and open jumper than a drive. Tisk tisk.
#OURHOUSE
lakerfan2

Re: Official LBJ thread: 2 Late game TO's. Clutch Rating now?

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Fri May 24, 2013 8:50 pm

OK.. Ya'll know I was going to bump this and I don't want to disappoint.

If you watched the game and paid attention to the 4th quarter (and could deal with Reggie Millers swallow job) you would have seen what appeared to be LBJ at his old school best. What I saw:

1. Unless it was a nice cut off a screen Lebron avoided the ball
2. He made some great recovery defensive plays
3. In the last 4 minutes of the game I believe he ran one play where he did not immediately get rid of the ball.

So the question: What level of clutchness will the King get after tonights display of "please don't give me a ball"
puffyusaf#2

Re: Official LBJ thread: 2 Late game TO's. Clutch Rating now?

Postby Weezy on Fri May 24, 2013 9:26 pm

They just won't bring it up. He won't get knocked, they'll just gloss over it altogether. When he's clutch he was super clutch, when he's not he didn't have enough help or the game never happened. :man10: Bosh and Wade sucked and let him down according to Stephen A and Bucigross, he had no help. Look, LeBron is great, no one is saying he's not, but he does often avoid having the ball at the end of big games, sometimes he gets rid of it like it's a bomb about to go off. And they have Bosh taking end of the end of game 3? Seriously LeBron, you don't want that shot?
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to NBA Discussion