Official LBJ thread: no more roid....errr..carbs =slim

Re: Official LBJ thread: LBJ a Laker? How would you support it?

Postby southbaylakers72 on Wed Jun 25, 2014 8:54 pm

Sort of same feeling for James: not one, not two ... Oh your a laker?
Make each day a masterpiece.
southbaylakers72

Postby Barnstable on Wed Jun 25, 2014 9:13 pm

JSM wrote:
southbaylakers72 wrote:I'd support it the same way as Karl Malone coming to lakers.

Not even that for me. I didn't late Malone before he came to LA. But I respected the hell out of him. I have zero respect for LeCramp/Choke

Brother :jam2:
"league getting mitch-slapped"
Barnstable
CL Global Moderator

Postby southbaylakers72 on Wed Jun 25, 2014 9:52 pm

Broussard reports lakers not on list of teams to meet with melo on July 1. Shocker.
Make each day a masterpiece.
southbaylakers72

Postby Alleyhoops on Sat Jun 28, 2014 1:06 am

Alleyhoops wrote:I'm not sure about what personnel would draw LBJ to another team, other than we know from his Tweets that he's a big Shabazz Napier fan and is adamant, stating that, "There's no way you draft a point guard before Napier. No way." If we can pick up a later first round pick to grab Napier, that might have some sway with LeBron.

Oh well, as I was saying...
Alleyhoops

Postby Weezy on Sat Jun 28, 2014 11:38 am

southbaylakers72 wrote:Broussard reports lakers not on list of teams to meet with melo on July 1. Shocker.

Honestly, big deal. The report is he's meeting with TEXAS teams on the first day, because you know, that makes sense as opposed to flying across the entire country in one day. If he meets with us, it will be a different day, maybe the next day, who knows. There's no report of him meeting with Miami at all though, that's all I care about.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby therealdeal on Sat Jun 28, 2014 12:21 pm

The Rockets are letting it be known that they’ll be able to move Lin lickety-split if Anthony commits, but they might not ever get to that stage. “The only reason Carmelo will go to Houston to listen (to the Rockets) is because of Kevin McHale,” one source said. “If the coach wasn’t a top-50, all-time player or was a lesser-name coach, then Melo wouldn’t even visit there. But he’ll listen because it’s Kevin McHale.” New York Daily News - See more at: http://hoopshype.com/rumors.htm#sthash.OVlfGL21.dpuf

It's NY Daily News so... but still. Maybe Carmelo isn't so enamored by Houston.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Weezy on Sat Jun 28, 2014 4:20 pm

That seems like a silly statement to me. If true, I guess that means NY is out too as Fish is not a top 50 player or established coach. What sets that criteria though, is Carlisle in Dallas a good enough coach with his 1 ring? Is Byron Scott with his history with the great Laker teams and 2 Finals trips? That's a very vague statement in that regard, does it mean he likes George Karl for his long track record of decent success, but not Lionel Hollins because he only coached one year?
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby therealdeal on Sat Jun 28, 2014 4:25 pm

I think it means more that maybe he doesn't really want to be in Houston.

But it's a NY source, so take it with a grain of salt.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Re: Official LBJ thread: Does a return home help the King?

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Thu Jul 10, 2014 9:50 pm

SO more thinking about Mr. Lebron (can't really help it since ESPN's coverage seems to be 85% bron and 15% other sports). We all know how the media will twist an LBJ/Cavs reunion with the "Lebron is bigger man forgives Cavs owner and vows to bring championship to Cleveland" or how about the simple "prodigal son returns." I asked how would people support him if he came to the Lakers (windows not closed yet... pretty much but not yet). Today's question is what does it mean for Lebron to go back to Clev after leaving for greener pastures? I know if he wins a Championship there it will be "the greatest homecoming ever...blah blah blah." It is obvious the once angry fans of the Cavs are ready to forgive and forget or at the very least keep his house company while he is gone. lol. If he goes back to the Cavs and fails to bring a championship as "the best in the game in his prime" would that knock him off the Zeus like pedestal the media and average fan have him on or has 2 rings and the consecutive Finals appearances cemented his greatness? What say you who dare to discuss the great one?
For what it's worth, the Lakers also clinched the Pacific Division, an achievement Bryant dismissed by saying "We don't hang divisions." No, only the big NBA championship banners are considered wall-worthy for the Lakers.
puffyusaf#2

Postby S.R.05 on Fri Jul 11, 2014 12:12 am

How Would You Support It?

i would still really dislike him at first, and then we would win a bunch of games. then i'd think ok he's a really good player i still don't like him as a person. and then we would keep winning, and really compete in the conference and maybe for a trophy. and then i would say ok whatever, he's fantastic
Hindsight is 20/20
S.R.05
Clublakers Analyst

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Fri Jul 11, 2014 7:15 am

Showtime.Revival.05 wrote:
How Would You Support It?

i would still really dislike him at first, and then we would win a bunch of games. then i'd think ok he's a really good player i still don't like him as a person. and then we would keep winning, and really compete in the conference and maybe for a trophy. and then i would say ok whatever, he's fantastic

haha.. probably one of the most honest answers to that question. lol
For what it's worth, the Lakers also clinched the Pacific Division, an achievement Bryant dismissed by saying "We don't hang divisions." No, only the big NBA championship banners are considered wall-worthy for the Lakers.
puffyusaf#2

Postby Weezy on Fri Jul 11, 2014 10:17 am

Yes, ESPN is loving this. If he wins a title in Cleveland he's Jordan all of a sudden again. Hell, they might even say he's better if he does that. They'll change the 'he ran to Miami to get help and win" reality to "he traveled to Miami to bring them some titles, then retuned home to bring glory to his beloved team".
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby V.V.V.V.V. on Fri Jul 11, 2014 10:37 am

They'll love it, but LeBron, Love, Irving <<<<<<<< former Miami Big 3

So Cleveland isn't winning a title soon.

If Melo goes to Chicago, they're the favorites to win the East.
Vi Veri Vniversum Vivus Vici
V.V.V.V.V.

Postby Jazzygirl205 on Fri Jul 11, 2014 10:38 am

Imagine if Kobe team hopped like this? Oh the hate he'd get. No one would be saying "Oh I understand, he wants to win, he's a great player you can't hold that against him". I have to go on the forums of the bandwagoners to console them for their loss, and send their internet gifts for their departure and landing back on the Cleveland bandwagon.

Anywho maybe this can build his legacy, and restore his image a little since people disliked The Decision, and now he can maybe go for Jordan's 6 rings. Good for him.
Jazzygirl205

Postby therealdeal on Fri Jul 11, 2014 10:39 am

V.V.V.V.V. wrote:They'll love it, but LeBron, Love, Irving <<<<<<<< former Miami Big 3

So Cleveland isn't winning a title soon.

If Melo goes to Chicago, they're the favorites to win the East.

If Carmelo goes to Chicago they have the toughest division in the NBA by far. :man10:

Indiana
Cleveland
Chicago

Bucks with potential ROY Jabari Parker. :man13:
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Fri Jul 11, 2014 10:43 am

You know Weezy I was going to write a post on my opinion of LBJ going back but hadn't gotten to it yet. Until then I say I do find it funny that the media machine is once again spinning it as if Lebron has done the greatest thing ever. But the truth is he left the Cavs (who constantly brought in guys he wanted) to join a superteam in Miami. He was a hired gun who couldn't bring the stars to his home so he went to theirs. For me, his legacy is taking an even bigger hit because now it just looks like he ran from Cleveland cause he couldn't do it as the man. Now he could win Championships in Clev and that will bring all the super praise but right now I think he is tarnished even more.
puffyusaf#2

Postby laakers on Fri Jul 11, 2014 10:49 am

asdkjfhasdfhasiufhirwufhwirughf83q7gfo387hgo38hfo13u
laakers

Postby Psychobroker on Fri Jul 11, 2014 10:52 am

I've never seen such a bandwagoner as LeDumb. He just can't shoulder the pressure of leading... kind of like the Prez "leading from behind" :bang:
“Liberty cannot be preserved without a general knowledge among the people.”
- John Adams
"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man. "
- Thomas Jefferson
"I have never let my schooling interfere with my education."
- Mark Twain
Psychobroker

Postby wcsoldier81 on Fri Jul 11, 2014 10:55 am

puffyusaf#2 wrote:You know Weezy I was going to write a post on my opinion of LBJ going back but hadn't gotten to it yet. Until then I say I do find it funny that the media machine is once again spinning it as if Lebron has done the greatest thing ever. But the truth is he left the Cavs (who constantly brought in guys he wanted) to join a superteam in Miami. He was a hired gun who couldn't bring the stars to his home so he went to theirs. For me, his legacy is taking an even bigger hit because now it just looks like he ran from Cleveland cause he couldn't do it as the man. Now he could win Championships in Clev and that will bring all the super praise but right now I think he is tarnished even more.

C'mon Puffy , we all know you just hung a copy of Lebron letter on your bedroom wall !
wcsoldier81

Postby V.V.V.V.V. on Fri Jul 11, 2014 10:57 am

I didn't know Cleveland had LeBron urinal mats. What a great idea! Do they make them in D'Antoni?? :man13:
Vi Veri Vniversum Vivus Vici
V.V.V.V.V.

Postby noobiew on Fri Jul 11, 2014 11:02 am

Good for Lebron and the Cavs fans, I like this move and also think that this was a better choice/team for him to win more championship, so this seemed like the best course of action.
Michael Jordan : "My Chicago team are the all-time greatest"
Magic Johnson : "Put me with Kareem, James Worthy, Cooper and Byron Scott, and we'd dominate your Bulls team"
noobiew

Postby Forward Three on Fri Jul 11, 2014 11:12 am

For me, the narrative of Lebron moving forward into this third(And perhaps final?) act of his career is the fact that he now has 3(three!) first overall draft picks to work with from the ground level while he himself is obviously a first overall draft pick who went on to dominate the sport utterly. The hyper-cynic-hater in me can chuckle at this a little bit, how he'd go from the super-team in MIA with its 3 or 4 future hall of famers and the whole 'bought' team accusations to now coming to a team that'll be comprised of first overall picks. It's almost comical in a super villain sort of way. "Built vs. Bought" Lebron sighed as he watched the Spurs championship parade "I'll show them!"

But that's a dumb distraction. The main event, I think, the narrative I'll be paying attention to at least is what happens with these two now that Lebron is there. With Bosh and Wade, Lebron had the uttermost luxury that all three guys were mature and developed in their game and could all be themselves while complementing one another as necessary. Lebron, even as team captain and 'clearly the best player on the floor' really didn't have to do much in the way of leading or grooming or floor general'ing to make that work. With Wiggins and Kyrie(and Bennett... maybe, who knows), now he is in a position where he'll be the de facto mentor, the elder statesman of sorts, despite still being in his prime himself, it'll fall to him more than anyone else to develop his relationship with these players, to help them realize their potentials and to build the next generation Cavaliers.

So it'll either be a masterclass in all of those things and prominently exhibit just how far Lebron has come and how much he has learned and how much he has matured and etc etc etc or within 4 years we'll be talking, yet again, about how Lebron doesn't 'have a team'.

I'm sure there are other worthy narratives and whatever, but this is the one that sticks out to me that I'll be paying attention to. It's fair enough to say of the old Cavaliers that maybe Lebron never could lift the Boobie Gibsons of the world but now he has two 'could lead a team themselves potentially' talents to work with who theoretically should have very high ceilings if handled well, and the team isn't done building yet either, they may well wind up with another all-star or seasoned vets just the same. We'll see where this goes. Common sense tells they'll need a few seasons to come together before they maximize their potential, but the potential is certainly there.
Forward Three

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Fri Jul 11, 2014 11:28 am

wcsoldier81 wrote:
puffyusaf#2 wrote:You know Weezy I was going to write a post on my opinion of LBJ going back but hadn't gotten to it yet. Until then I say I do find it funny that the media machine is once again spinning it as if Lebron has done the greatest thing ever. But the truth is he left the Cavs (who constantly brought in guys he wanted) to join a superteam in Miami. He was a hired gun who couldn't bring the stars to his home so he went to theirs. For me, his legacy is taking an even bigger hit because now it just looks like he ran from Cleveland cause he couldn't do it as the man. Now he could win Championships in Clev and that will bring all the super praise but right now I think he is tarnished even more.

C'mon Puffy , we all know you just hung a copy of Lebron letter on your bedroom wall !

got to get it laminated first
puffyusaf#2

Postby CGrand81 on Fri Jul 11, 2014 12:13 pm

If LeBron wins a title going back to Cleveland, a city who hasn't had a championship since what? The 60's? His legacy is set in stone, legendary status.

Media galore in Cleveland, between the King and Johnny, it's like a wet dream for the writers there.
CGrand81

Postby 100%effort on Fri Jul 11, 2014 12:56 pm

After watching ESPN coverage of LeBron this morning I will be surprised if he isn't considered the G.O.A.T when his career is over.
100%effort

PreviousNext

Return to NBA Discussion