Official LBJ thread: screw my stats....peep my hat!

Re: Official LBJ thread: Hate or love him he came to play!

Postby dmaul on Thu Jun 20, 2013 9:15 pm

I give him props for tonight. Great game. But he still confuses me. In game 6, I saw that deer in the headlights look in his eyes, looked like he was starting to play scared mode. Then in the 3rd quarter, Popovich puts in that pile of manure Splitter and LeBron starts getting confidence. Tonight he was fearless. Other times throughout the playoffs he seems passive and scared. It's not consistent with him.

Jordan never wavered like this. He never hesitated to go for the jugular. Kobe has the same mentality. However, Kobe is not as physically gifted as Jordan or LeBron. LeBron has all the physical tools. He lacks the mental ones to be the greatest of all time. He'll be top 5 though for sure.
dmaul

Postby V.V.V.V.V. on Thu Jun 20, 2013 9:24 pm

bumrusherer wrote:
V.V.V.V.V. wrote:
I seriously doubt they win next year, and after that Wade will be pushing retirement. LBJ needs to split accolades with D Wade, who saved his butt this series.

In what regard? All Wade did was play to the bare minimum of what his expectations are.

And LeBron exceeded his?? Hitting wide open shots?? :man11:
Vi Veri Vniversum Vivus Vici
V.V.V.V.V.

Postby Nashty Gal on Thu Jun 20, 2013 9:25 pm

lol but that's why he's so amaziiing, rolls eyes

The Black Mamba and the White Swan
Kobe on talk with Pau about being more aggressive, "it's against his nature, he's always very nice, very white swan, I need him to be black swan"

http://www.thesexysaxman.com
Nashty Gal

Postby The Original 81 on Thu Jun 20, 2013 9:35 pm

I gotta say, does anyone get WIDE OPEN jumpers like this? I mean the guy is literally shooting without someone even 2 feet in front of him.

He's got the perfect team around him right now, surround him with shooters and all you can really do is give him that jumper. He still needs to work on his footwork and his post game (which is extremely overrated IMO) in order to really play at this high of a level for an extended period of time.
"Let me say one more thing about Kobe. He will be the best player in the history of the game. If he keeps doing what he's doing, there is no stopping him. He is that good." - Shaquille O'Neal in his autobiography, "Shaq Talks Back"
The Original 81

Postby GNC on Thu Jun 20, 2013 9:42 pm

GNC

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Thu Jun 20, 2013 9:50 pm

GNC wrote:Image

Yuppers. it is going to be fun..not :bang:
For what it's worth, the Lakers also clinched the Pacific Division, an achievement Bryant dismissed by saying "We don't hang divisions." No, only the big NBA championship banners are considered wall-worthy for the Lakers.
puffyusaf#2

Postby The Original 81 on Thu Jun 20, 2013 9:53 pm

On Kobe vs Bron

Jason McIntyre ‏@TheBigLead 25m
IMO, this has not ever been a discussion. Will not ever be one. Kobe in the 13-20 group with West/Barkley/etc RT @jmw1532 Kobe or Lebron?
"Let me say one more thing about Kobe. He will be the best player in the history of the game. If he keeps doing what he's doing, there is no stopping him. He is that good." - Shaquille O'Neal in his autobiography, "Shaq Talks Back"
The Original 81

Postby Scnottaken on Thu Jun 20, 2013 9:55 pm

The Original 81 wrote:On Kobe vs Bron

Jason McIntyre ‏@TheBigLead 25m
IMO, this has not ever been a discussion. Will not ever be one. Kobe in the 13-20 group with West/Barkley/etc RT @jmw1532 Kobe or Lebron?

Who?
I want to hear "Beat LA" chants at a Clipper vs Laker game
Scnottaken

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Thu Jun 20, 2013 9:57 pm

HAHA... And now it begins... Kobe #13-20 :man10:
For what it's worth, the Lakers also clinched the Pacific Division, an achievement Bryant dismissed by saying "We don't hang divisions." No, only the big NBA championship banners are considered wall-worthy for the Lakers.
puffyusaf#2

Postby The Original 81 on Thu Jun 20, 2013 9:59 pm

Mike Wise ‏@MikeWiseguy 1m
Magic just told LeBron on the ESPN set that he believed LeBron was going to be the greatest to ever play the game.
The Original 81

Re: Official LBJ thread: The Best player last 15 years? Wow.

Postby purp n gold on Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:01 pm

Change the thread title, it borderline trolling. Kobe and Duncan were the best players from 2000-10. LeBron is now.
There are two teams that play in the Staples Center:
the LA Lakers and NBA Clippers.
purp n gold

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:01 pm

The Original 81 wrote:
Mike Wise ‏@MikeWiseguy 1m
Magic just told LeBron on the ESPN set that he believed LeBron was going to be the greatest to ever play the game.

Magic always bringing it
puffyusaf#2

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:03 pm

purp n gold wrote:Change the thread title, it borderline trolling. Kobe and Duncan were the best players from 2000-10. LeBron is now.

Explain? Magic said greatest ever.
Some have already called him top 5.
Kobe has been moved out of top 10.
Lebron carried a bunch of scrubs to a Championship.

Do you disagree that he is the best player over the last 15 years? If not tell us why? I am sure you can see ESPN celebrate him like the second coming of Jesus.
puffyusaf#2

Postby boquilla on Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:05 pm

The Original 81 wrote:I gotta say, does anyone get WIDE OPEN jumpers like this? I mean the guy is literally shooting without someone even 2 feet in front of him.

He's got the perfect team around him right now, surround him with shooters and all you can really do is give him that jumper. He still needs to work on his footwork and his post game (which is extremely overrated IMO) in order to really play at this high of a level for an extended period of time.

+1 great role players one day is battier, other is chalmers etc etc

i still think he will finish top 5 all time
Last edited by boquilla on Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
boquilla

Postby shoe on Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:05 pm

LeBron really does confuse me.

Sometimes he's really passive playing hot potato and you don't even notice he's on the court, but other times, like in game 7 and the 4th quarter of game 6, he's the best player in the world.

If he played with this aggression more often, I would be a fan of his, but there's way to many no shows on his resume. That travesty of the 2011 finals, game 5 in 2010 against Boston, and games 1-3 of this years finals should NEVER happen to an all-time great player.

I do give him major props for this game 7, he showed up when it mattered the most.
shoe

Re: Official LBJ thread: The Best player last 15 years, maybe?

Postby TheOp on Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:06 pm

I am getting sick and tired of all this Kobe vs Lebron nonsene. At this point I could really care less about legacies.

Lakers need number 17 and 18 to get the real legacy that matters most, GOAT franchise. That is the only legacy I care about. And as far as im concerned the Celtics didnt win this year so thats a win for us because we can still tie them next year.
TheOp

Postby purp n gold on Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:07 pm

puffyusaf#2 wrote:
purp n gold wrote:Change the thread title, it borderline trolling. Kobe and Duncan were the best players from 2000-10. LeBron is now.

Explain? Magic said greatest ever.
Some have already called him top 5.
Kobe has been moved out of top 10.
Lebron carried a bunch of scrubs to a Championship.

Do you disagree that he is the best player over the last 15 years? If not tell us why? I am sure you can see ESPN celebrate him like the second coming of Jesus.

How in the hell can he be the best player in the past 15 years when he's only played 10 years? :bang:
There are two teams that play in the Staples Center:
the LA Lakers and NBA Clippers.
purp n gold

Postby Legendary on Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:07 pm

He's just repeating what a local LeBron fan said earlier.
Legendary

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:09 pm

TheOp wrote:I am getting sick and tired of all this Kobe vs Lebron nonsene. At this point I could really care less about legacies.

Lakers need number 17 and 18 to get the real legacy that matters most, GOAT franchise. That is the only legacy I care about. And as far as im concerned the Celtics didnt win this year so thats a win for us because we can still tie them next year.

They have to bring Kobe into the debate because it helps by deminishing what Kobe has done. It sucks becuase Kobe doesn't deserve the hate.
puffyusaf#2

Postby LakerFanIam on Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:10 pm

How can y'all still hate on LeBron...? You are watching with your heart & not your eyes.

I constantly root against him & always thought he was a complete tool in Cleveland & his first year in Miami... But the dude is the most dominant force in the game today... By a mile.
LakerFanIam

Postby Legendary on Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:10 pm

^
I wouldn't call it "hate."

It's just keeping things in perspective.
Legendary

Postby GNC on Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:14 pm

LakerFanIam wrote:How can y'all still hate on LeBron...? You are watching with your heart & not your eyes.

I constantly root against him & always thought he was a complete tool in Cleveland & his first year in Miami... But the dude is the most dominant force in the game today... By a mile.

... just because he plays well and has been dominant doesn't mean we have to like the guy. I don't give a rats *** how many rings he wins. I will never like him/his game.

Part of that is his own doing and part of that is the unbearable fans.
Last edited by GNC on Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GNC

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:15 pm

LakerFanIam wrote:How can y'all still hate on LeBron...? You are watching with your heart & not your eyes.

Since this thread was made for actual debate and discussion I'll respond:

It is not hate to say that the man came up short in many ways this series and playoffs. He had a great game 7 by making a ton of shots we don't consider him making. The spurs dared him to shoot and he made them pay for it. He played great. That being said, how does that negate the times he didn't want the ball and basically was passive for all but 5 minutes of a game (not game 7)? For all his domination by a mile he isn't a two time champ without Wade playing like well Wade in game 6 and 7. As well as Battier coming up huge in game 7 and Allen in game 6. It has nothing to do with him being a tool or not but true evaluation of what he did and what he did not do. I'd suspect his game could handle a little criticism without it being called hate if he is that great right? Nothing that has been said is unrational or outlandish. So why is it hate?
puffyusaf#2

Postby shoe on Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:21 pm

puffyusaf#2 wrote:

It is not hate to say that the man came up short in many ways this series and playoffs. He had a great game 7 by making a ton of shots we don't consider him making. The spurs dared him to shoot and he made them pay for it. He played great. That being said, how does that negate the times he didn't want the ball and basically was passive for all but 5 minutes of a game (not game 7)? For all his domination by a mile he isn't a two time champ without Wade playing like well Wade in game 6 and 7. As well as Battier coming up huge in game 7 and Allen in game 6. It has nothing to do with him being a tool or not but true evaluation of what he did and what he did not do. I'd suspect his game could handle a little criticism without it being called hate if he is that great right? Nothing that has been said is unrational or outlandish. So why is it hate?

Yeah, i'm just not used to the "best player in the world" being dared to shoot jump shots and not having the confidence to do so for the first 6 games of the series.

He definitely earned the championship tonight, but I don't understand how he could be so passive the first half of this series.
shoe

Postby Scnottaken on Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:22 pm

puffyusaf#2 wrote:

Don't you know? Speaking the truth of the KANG's game is blasphemy deserving of. . . name calling on a basketball board. . .
I want to hear "Beat LA" chants at a Clipper vs Laker game
Scnottaken

PreviousNext

Return to NBA Discussion