Official LBJ thread: No Respect for MJ? 23 returns

Re: Official LBJ thread: MVP a lock?

Postby LakerFanIam on Thu May 03, 2012 3:17 pm

puffyusaf#2 wrote:
JoelMyersScrotalSack wrote:you guys are so insecure

Not when we have guys like you around....

LakerFanIam

Re: Official LBJ thread: 3-Time..3-time..3-time MVP

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Fri May 11, 2012 11:13 pm

So the King has won his third MVP for carrying a team that couldn't win without him. His numbers were better than last year and according to Charles and some Lebron faithfuls here on CL (plus others I suppose) he is the greatest player in the game today bar none.

So the question now is, if the Heat don't win a ring this year what does that do to Lebrons legacy?
For what it's worth, the Lakers also clinched the Pacific Division, an achievement Bryant dismissed by saying "We don't hang divisions." No, only the big NBA championship banners are considered wall-worthy for the Lakers.
puffyusaf#2

Postby GoatMilk16 on Fri May 11, 2012 11:29 pm

it'll hurt his legacy in the short term, but remember, Kareem had 5 MVPs and 1 ring when he was 33. LeBron could very well be on this kind of trail.

as for multiple titles, lets just wait til he gets one.
GoatMilk16

Postby trodgers on Sat May 12, 2012 9:56 am

Not one, not two, not three...
blog.travisjrodgers.com
Its like Dr. Buss is guarding the Celtic rim this second half. Nothings dropping
trodgers
Site Manager

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Sun May 13, 2012 2:09 am

GoatMilk16 wrote:it'll hurt his legacy in the short term, but remember, Kareem had 5 MVPs and 1 ring when he was 33. LeBron could very well be on this kind of trail.

as for multiple titles, lets just wait til he gets one.

you make a good point. However, I am still not sold he gets one. I wonder if the "experts" will be so eager to give it to him next year if they Heat fail again.
For what it's worth, the Lakers also clinched the Pacific Division, an achievement Bryant dismissed by saying "We don't hang divisions." No, only the big NBA championship banners are considered wall-worthy for the Lakers.
puffyusaf#2

Postby wcsoldier81 on Sun May 13, 2012 2:38 am

Don't be so hard on Lebron puffy ... I wouldn't call a Top 5 player in the league and a top 25 player great sidekicks .. I can't wait for the Heat to add a Steve Nash or Ray Allen next season ... Lebron finally will have the necessary help to shut the haters up
wcsoldier81

Postby LakeShow85 on Sun May 13, 2012 10:06 am

wcsoldier81 wrote:Don't be so hard on Lebron puffy ... I wouldn't call a Top 5 player in the league and a top 25 player great sidekicks .. I can't wait for the Heat to add a Steve Nash or Ray Allen next season ... Lebron finally will have the necessary help to shut the haters up

Are you serious right now, you are out of your mind if you think Lebron doesn't have help right now. :bang: :disagree:
If it doesn't matter who wins then why do they keep score?
Is it possible to have 2 G.O.A.T.'s
LakeShow85

Re: Official LBJ thread: So if they lose? (still a "IF")

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:28 am

OK... So with the Heat losing last night on their own floor I got to wondering something...

If the Heat do in fact lose this series to the Celtics and get drummed out what does that do for the King? Will the powers that be say he doesn't have enough around him to win still? Will Miami be forced to blow up the Big 3? Will Wade take all the Heat? Lets put it together, you have the 3-time MVP, a top 5 side-kick, playing in a weak conference and having just been destroyed in last years finals. So does the King and his legacy take a hit or not? Will we get the "he still only 27" answer or some other?

What do ya'll think friends?
puffyusaf#2

Postby Weezy on Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:47 am

I see the excuses for LeBron multiplying on ESPN today puffy. Now it's not his fault because the team isn't well coaches. The Celtics get constant orders from Doc Rivers, Rondo take them and runs the team, the Hear don't have that. Add to that "Wade isn't showing up in the first half of games", "Bosh is hurt", " the rest of the team is scrubs", I'm hearing it all. What I see though, is a real lack of championship intensity from LeBron, ad I'd he doesn't have it by now I don't know that he ever will. I don't see that absolute desire to win it all in him, it's almost like he's good either way, he can take it or leave it. Garnett has that intensity, Pierce has that clutch ability, Durant knows how to close games, I see all that lacking in LeBron. If the Heat do lose, in this round or the Finals, if better damage his legacy, I don't wanna hear the lame excuses. He went to Miami for rings, he's possibly about to go 0-2, that's unacceptable for the so called best player in the game and supposedly one of the best players ever.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:57 am

I hear you Weezy. I watched parts of First Take this morning and watching SAS murder Wade all morning. It was getting funny really. I have heard his whole career that he is the floor general and he makes the plays. With his BBall IQ a good coach would leave it to him to make the right choice. Spoelstra isn't telling him to take fadeaway 18 footers over point gaurds when he can get to the rim at will. Spoelstra isn't telling him to stand in the corner and be disinterested during the 4th and OT's of games. However, now it is the "coach" that is the problem. Yes, Spo should of put Bosh back in the game to finish it off (hindsight is 20-20) but the fact was PP was making shots thats Lebron's man.
puffyusaf#2

Postby bruddahmanmatt on Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:00 am

People will continue to make excuses for James as long as he's in the league. This year he has a built in "Bosh was hurt" excuse, plus folks will point the finger at Spoelstra if he ends up getting canned over the summer. It's funny how folks ignore the fact that "his" team was up 2-0 at one point and refuse to acknowledge his garbage late fourth quarter play but it is what it is. As the NBA's golden child, he'll always get the benefit of the doubt from the media. D00d could probably punch a kitten in its face and they'd say "the feline looked at him wrong".
P&G
bruddahmanmatt

Postby Weezy on Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:08 am

The excuse I'm really sick of that started in the Indiana series I think, is "LeBron just can't win". Oh poor LeBron he gets hate if he does or doesn't take the last shot, boohoo let's all feel sorry for him. Um, no it doesn't work that way, you got the chosen one tattoo on your back, you call yourself, the king, you proclaimed that you were gonna win 8 titles and that it was gonna be easy, so if you don't win, it's on you and it's completely fair.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:15 am

So do you guys think the KD balling out of control late in games is going to hurt the LBJ excuses?
puffyusaf#2

Postby Weezy on Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:24 am

It should, it already has for me. If you're a superstar and want to win it all you have to get it done when it matters like KD has been. What I do think is that if Durant wins a ring this year and is Finals MVP it will elevate him big time and at the same time will knock LeBron down a peg in a lot of the media's minds. That's what I hope it would do anyway, because that's what it should do and would do to prety much anyone else not named LeBron still trying to get there first ring this long into their career.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:39 am

People killed me on the board when I said KD would be the next "greatest" in the NBA. The kid is too passive and I still think Westbrook will be his downfall but the kid has "it" plain and simple. Lebron is now and always has been an image and stat guy in my opinion. The media praises him without thought and then when he doesn't win they excuse him.

Can you imagine if Kobe had won bronze in the olympics? We would still be hearing about it. We still hear about all Kobe's failures in the playoffs. Never a mention of that craptastic team he had that lost to the suns. Never hear people mention Detroit when talking about Shaq's legacy. Yet, Lebron has been kept protectec. The guy is a great (maybe one of the most gifted we have seen) but it is time to hold him to the standard we hold for the other greats. He is on the verge of being a Barkley/Malone... great player, no ring HOF'er
puffyusaf#2

Postby Weezy on Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:58 am

I thought Durant was gonna be the next real star after Kobe and LeBron as soon as I saw him play in college, I couldn't believe Portland tool Oden over him. I agree he can be too passive at times, but lately he has stepped up and taken over when it matters. I think with the rise of Durant and the Thunder, LeBron's window is closing a little bit. Durant is young, and he's only getting better, LeBron's going to have him in his way for years, just like the Lakers are going to. I agree that LeBron is mostly about stats and image as well, and I'd love nothing more than seeing him never get a ring.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby The Rock on Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:59 am

Lebron about to squander a series where his team had homecourt advantage for the 4th year in a row

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:06 am

^didn't even realize that... Damn now that is a stat
puffyusaf#2

Postby The Rock on Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:18 am

puffyusaf#2 wrote:^didn't even realize that... Damn now that is a stat

The excuses went from needing help to homecourt to now needing a good coach. :man10:
Ridiculous

Side note: If Duncan loses tonight, that would be the 3rd series in the last 4 years that his team has squandered while having Homecourt

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:28 am

The Spurs have proven they can only go as far as TP goes. But that too is a shocking statement.

How many times have the Lakers the Lakers lost with HCA under Kobe's watch?
puffyusaf#2

Postby lakers_09tv on Wed Jun 06, 2012 12:02 pm

puffyusaf#2 wrote:The Spurs have proven they can only go as far as TP goes. But that too is a shocking statement.

How many times have the Lakers the Lakers lost with HCA under Kobe's watch?

Twice that I know of. 04 Pistons and last year vs the Mavs.
Matt Barnes - "I respect all my opponents but I fear no one."

Deron Williams - “I hate ’em, you know,” he said the other day. “I hate the Lakers. They’re so good. I hate them because they win all the time. They’re a tough team. … We definitely talk about it. It’s not a secret. We hate the Lakers.”
lakers_09tv

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:19 am

^That is still crazy on all accounts.

Now, I have heard several times that it is "the time" for Lebron throughout his career. The first Finals was easily dismissed because it was his first. However, each year after that he had the "Ok, now is the time" moment and failed. Even so, each time it was dismissed afterwards as some other issue outside of Lebron. No one talks about last years finals, the games against Orlando where they got beat with HCA or the losses to Boston in the playoffs. Tonight, I expect him to put up big numbers like 40-8-8 and the Heat lose. It has been his MO for his career, in my opinion, put up the big numbers in the close-out game and no one will question what you have done.

Will the media excuse him if he puts up big numbers and lose?
puffyusaf#2

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Fri Jun 08, 2012 7:55 am

puffyusaf#2 wrote:^That is still crazy on all accounts.

Now, I have heard several times that it is "the time" for Lebron throughout his career. The first Finals was easily dismissed because it was his first. However, each year after that he had the "Ok, now is the time" moment and failed. Even so, each time it was dismissed afterwards as some other issue outside of Lebron. No one talks about last years finals, the games against Orlando where they got beat with HCA or the losses to Boston in the playoffs. Tonight, I expect him to put up big numbers like 40-8-8 and the Heat lose. It has been his MO for his career, in my opinion, put up the big numbers in the close-out game and no one will question what you have done.
Will the media excuse him if he puts up big numbers and lose?

As I expected he showed up huge last night. His numbers 45/15/5 were amazing for sure. What I didn't expect was the C's not to show up. In any case, Lebron answered the critics for this game. He is been praised greatly (and rightfully so this time) on the sports pages.

If the Heat win the series does it negate all the no-shows? Are the memories short and the "what have you done for me lately" become the most relevant? Game 7 may be his biggest game of his career.
puffyusaf#2

Re: Official LBJ thread: Into the Finals

Postby Doc Brown on Wed Jun 13, 2012 8:18 am

I keep seeing this crap all over twitter comparing Lebron to MJ and how MJ didn't win any rings until "X" age and Lebron is following the same path and what not.....

Found this picture today and it sums up how I feel about the cop out excuse Lebron fans use to justify why Lebron hasn't won any rings yet.....

Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Re: Official LBJ thread: Into the Finals

Postby Doc Brown on Wed Jun 13, 2012 8:32 am

To go along with that, I think this one is funny as well.....

Kobe should have had 2 or 3 MVP's by then (compared with Lebron's stats)....

2002-2003 - 30/7/6
2004-2005 - 28/6/6
2005-2006 - 35/5/5
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

PreviousNext

Return to NBA Discussion