Official LBJ thread: 82 games too much man

Re: Official LBJ thread: G5: Is Lebron fatigued? (173)

Postby LTLakerFan on Tue Jun 18, 2013 8:07 am

kenzo wrote:Just take some PEDS from Wade's stash and be done with it :jam2:

Or MVP Ryan Braun's. Oh wait that's right he said he didn't take them. Or rip the trophy from Matt Kemp. Of course who knows who's juicing any more. :bang:
LTLakerFan

Postby ZenMaster4President on Tue Jun 18, 2013 9:18 am

It's all really simple. Lebron picked himself in a real-size fantasy draft, and he plays to win that league.

You don't win fantasy league by winning real games, you win it with stats.
Pau Gasol yesterday morning when asked about Dwight Howard: "I haven't called. Calls are expensive."
ZenMaster4President

Postby strikemode14 on Tue Jun 18, 2013 9:59 am

Lets Go Lakers wrote:Lol. If Lebron loses this series, his legacy will take a serious blow. If he wins, he inches closer to the high rent district of Magic, Jordan and Kareem. But lose and he is 1-3 in the finals. His loss in 2007 can be excused as no one expected him to win but he was supposed to win in 2011 and 2013. His fail in 2011 is legendary stuff. So will 2013 if he loses. His legacy is on the line in the next few days for good or bad.

If Lebron loses this series as you said he will take a serious blow. The Kobe's lakers have lost two finals...However 04 a ton of injuries..08 bynum was injured...so real weak inside against a tough boston team..

I can argue both teams the mavs and spurs aren't nearly as good as the heat. The heat lose this series the "big 3" won't be consider so big anymore.
Strikemode14 is the greatest.

http://gprime.net/flash.php/postingandyou

]
strikemode14
Forum Manager

Re: Official LBJ thread: G5: No show in 4th?

Postby therealdeal on Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:02 am

LTLakerFan wrote:
puffyusaf#2 wrote:Real-

Great post. This is exactly my problem. Why does Lebron get a pass? Even if the Heat win this series should Lebron be touted as the greatest player? The dude disappears when his team is behind in the second half. We have been talking about game 7 of the 2010 FInals where Kobe shot horrible in Lakers Discussions. Whenever the media talks about it they have to mention how bad Kobe shot negating all the stuff he did in that game. Lebron seems above real criticism. Why is that?

Personally I was shocked that Real said he would eat a whole family of crows :man10: :man10:

But yes, a great post.

Thanks puff.

And LT, I happen to like crow so the more the merrier (for me, not for the crows).
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Forward Three on Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:08 am

Someone else said it already, and I am sure I said it last year and hte year before that when "fatigue" was the excuse but (reggie miller voice) are. you. kidding. m.e.?? 9/reggie

I'm sorry but you don't get to be called one of the greatest naturally gifted athletic specimens to play the game and get tired every postseason/Finals. *especially* when your team's offensive rotation involves playing alongside a player in Wade who can do almost everything you can do and enable you to rest optimally and whenever you need to. *especially* when you're in your prime.
Forward Three

Postby therealdeal on Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:11 am

strikemode14 wrote:
Lets Go Lakers wrote:Lol. If Lebron loses this series, his legacy will take a serious blow. If he wins, he inches closer to the high rent district of Magic, Jordan and Kareem. But lose and he is 1-3 in the finals. His loss in 2007 can be excused as no one expected him to win but he was supposed to win in 2011 and 2013. His fail in 2011 is legendary stuff. So will 2013 if he loses. His legacy is on the line in the next few days for good or bad.

If Lebron loses this series as you said he will take a serious blow. The Kobe's lakers have lost two finals...However 04 a ton of injuries..08 bynum was injured...so real weak inside against a tough boston team..

I can argue both teams the mavs and spurs aren't nearly as good as the heat. The heat lose this series the "big 3" won't be consider so big anymore.

The Lakers lost two Finals, but Kobe WON them 5 times. :man10:

End of argument right there.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Forward Three on Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:29 am

Yeah, the only Finals loss that is a mark on Kobe's record is 2004 because even though there were injuries and whatever, that was still a formidable Lakers team and both Shaq and Kobe were basically in their primes, drama notwithstanding. 2008, the Lakers _probably_ could have gotten it done but the Celtics played with hellish desperation and really left it all on the court, and the fact that it was THE RIVALRY doesn't hurt Kobe's legacy per se as much as it just becomes another chapter in the Lakers vs. Celtics history(of which many Lakers and Celtics greats lost against each other at one point or another)

With Lebron, you would have "Basically wimps out on the big stage by default and could only win a ring in a shortened season with a super-team"
Forward Three

Postby therealdeal on Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:43 am

Well honestly if you lose in the Finals twice... but win it five times...

That means you've been to the Finals 7 times in your career as either the first or second option.

I don't see how that's a bad legacy to have. LeBron has been 2 times and won only 1 time. If he loses now, that's only 1 win in 3 tries for a guy who is in his absolute prime. He's running low on time already and if his legacy ended there, there's no way you could include him among the Greatest of All Time.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Forward Three on Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:47 am

and then of course if they *do* pull out the win, my god it will be insufferable to hear about. ("Is this the greatest comeback victory of all time?")
Forward Three

Postby therealdeal on Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:49 am

Forward Three wrote:and then of course if they *do* pull out the win, my god it will be insufferable to hear about. ("Is this the greatest comeback victory of all time?")

Hey, if they win on the back of LeBron then I won't even mind. He'll deserve the praise.

But if he goes 7-21 and Wade scores 30 and Bosh scores 25 and their shooters shoot lights out from outside and they STILL give LeBron the credit... That'll upset me.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby laker911 on Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:53 am

therealdeal wrote:Well honestly if you lose in the Finals twice... but win it five times...

That means you've been to the Finals 7 times in your career as either the first or second option.

I don't see how that's a bad legacy to have. LeBron has been 2 times and won only 1 time. If he loses now, that's only 1 win in 3 tries for a guy who is in his absolute prime. He's running low on time already and if his legacy ended there, there's no way you could include him among the Greatest of All Time.

Actually he has won it 1 time in 3 tries. He loses this year it's 1 win in 4 tries.
laker911

Postby therealdeal on Tue Jun 18, 2013 11:05 am

laker911 wrote:
therealdeal wrote:Well honestly if you lose in the Finals twice... but win it five times...

Actually he has won it 1 time in 3 tries. He loses this year it's 1 win in 4 tries.

You're right. I forgot about his time in Cleveland. That's even worse. :man10:
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Balance&Options24 on Tue Jun 18, 2013 11:32 am

Nike is calling their shot already.

Nike jumps gun on LeBron kicks?

Sam Gardner

Share This Story

Updated Jun 18, 2013 1:59 PM ET

LeBron James has won one NBA championship in his career, and it’s fair to assume that he’d really like to win another.

But LeBron hasn’t yet secured a second Larry O’Brien Trophy, and if his Miami Heat don’t win their next two NBA Finals games against the San Antonio Spurs, starting Tuesday night at home, they’ll have to wait until next year for James to win that second title — which, again, he hasn’t yet won.

I repeat that because images of a pair of new Nike LeBron X Low floral pattern sneakers have surfaced, and it seems, if the pictures are legit, that Nike hasn't yet been informed that the shoe's namesake only has one title.

Observe, in these photos from sneaker blog Kix and the City:

The sock liner for one shoe reads, “2-time champion” and the liner for the other reads, “11-12, 12-13,” which is half-right. For Nike’s sake, let’s hope this is either just a fake, a custom one-off — or that the Heat find a way to rally against the Spurs.

Otherwise, the shoe giant is going to have an expensive and embarrassing problem on its hands.

If you want to be a hero, you gotta take hero shots -R. Miller
Balance&Options24

Postby kenzo on Tue Jun 18, 2013 11:41 am

^ i will laugh soooo much more (thanks to Nike being stupid) if he fails to win it this year :man9:
kenzo

Postby Chopper on Tue Jun 18, 2013 11:48 am

those ugly shoes might be some serious collectors' items if the Spurs win tonight.
Chopper

Postby V.V.V.V.V. on Tue Jun 18, 2013 1:23 pm

Maybe Nike knows something we don't.

Maybe they just paid a huge sum to the league.
Vi Veri Vniversum Vivus Vici
V.V.V.V.V.

Postby JSM on Tue Jun 18, 2013 7:19 pm

3-9 at the half in an elimination game and Diaw is giving him fits. Acceptable performance from the best player in the NBA?
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Postby dmaul on Tue Jun 18, 2013 7:21 pm

My feeling was actually that Miami would blow out SA in game 6 and then LeBron would have turned into a coward in the pressure packed game 7, along with Bosh. Looks like that prediction may have been off one game.
dmaul

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Tue Jun 18, 2013 7:32 pm

Well it looks like the pipe is about to burst cause the King is getting owned by the defensive pressence of Boris Diaw. Now, Diaw deserves credit for being a big body against the bestest player ever.

Will Lebron finish the choke job?
For what it's worth, the Lakers also clinched the Pacific Division, an achievement Bryant dismissed by saying "We don't hang divisions." No, only the big NBA championship banners are considered wall-worthy for the Lakers.
puffyusaf#2

Postby odom1year on Tue Jun 18, 2013 8:06 pm

JSM wrote:3-9 at the half in an elimination game and Diaw is giving him fits. Acceptable performance from the best player in the NBA?

3-12 now. LECHOKE as usual in NBA finals.
odom1year

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Tue Jun 18, 2013 8:23 pm

Well he is balling in the 4th.... Now no one can claim he didn't bring it when it mattered. Right?
For what it's worth, the Lakers also clinched the Pacific Division, an achievement Bryant dismissed by saying "We don't hang divisions." No, only the big NBA championship banners are considered wall-worthy for the Lakers.
puffyusaf#2

Postby charvin on Tue Jun 18, 2013 8:47 pm

I'm not sure if I want him on the Lakers any more... I mean, this is as close to an ideal roster as you can give LeBron so the argument that he doesn't have help is moot. Coming up short twice in this last minute with two turnovers doesn't help his cause for removing the 'choker' label.
charvin

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Tue Jun 18, 2013 9:18 pm

Lets be real. Lebron had a great 5 minute stretch and one OMG did he get another chance 3. But he failed this game in my opinion. He will be celebrated tomorrow for bringing his team back but that isn't a small part of what I saw tonight.

They call the foul on Manu the season may be over for the Heat. They call the one on Bosh at the end and we maybe looking at 2OT. Don't get me wrong that 4th quarter assault was great but overall impressed I was not. Sucks the Spurs choked more than the King did.
puffyusaf#2

Postby odom1year on Tue Jun 18, 2013 9:23 pm

Rebound is so important in basketball game. This game completely shows that.
odom1year

Postby Forward Three on Tue Jun 18, 2013 9:27 pm

There's not much to knock him on tonight except for the passivity for most of the game. When he 'switched it on' you just start to wonder "dude, where were you?" and you can argue that was the gameplan but really? the game plan is to be passive and non-existent for most of the game? I mean, I guess... so? and even despite the late-game blitz he still nearly lost it with a string of bad possessions and shots and when OT came around he went back to being passive again.

But whatever. Narratively, James got the best possible outcome. Everything looked like it was over, darkest night moment, he awakens, puts the team on his back, charges through, puts up a monster statline by the end of it and if they win Game 7 even if he has 20/7/7 or something he'll still be seen as the pivotal surge that tipped the series in their favor and won it for them, best all time...etc...etc...etc.

So, that kind of sucks because it's already insufferable enough hearing about him, but at the end of the day, he did earn it tonight, even if it was in a bizarre and non-conventional sort of way.
Forward Three

PreviousNext

Return to NBA Discussion