Official LBJ thread: 82 games too much man

Re: Official LBJ thread: G5: Is Lebron fatigued? (173)

Postby GNC on Tue Jun 18, 2013 9:35 pm

Would have been real nice if the game ended with two lebron turnovers and a bricked three..

That 10 minute stretch in the 4th, however, was impressive. Why he doesn't do that more often is beyond me.
GNC

Postby The Original 81 on Tue Jun 18, 2013 9:38 pm

It's pretty evident to me that LeBron's game is still very flawed. Other than that stretch in the fourth, he was useless.

Spurs blew it, I won't count them out completely but I'd be very surprised if they can win game 7 after blowing multiple opportunities tonight.
"Let me say one more thing about Kobe. He will be the best player in the history of the game. If he keeps doing what he's doing, there is no stopping him. He is that good." - Shaquille O'Neal in his autobiography, "Shaq Talks Back"
The Original 81

Postby Finwë on Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:14 pm

Very up and down game for him. Very bad through 3, great for a stretch in the 4th, very bad again (almost lost it), made the 3. Weird game.
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
Finwë

Postby purp n gold on Wed Jun 19, 2013 2:01 am

Not only the lead, San Antonio also squandered a classic Tim Duncan performance. As I've grown become a Duncan fan in the past few years, this loss makes me sick
There are two teams that play in the Staples Center:
the LA Lakers and NBA Clippers.
purp n gold

Postby Scnottaken on Wed Jun 19, 2013 3:06 am

What I don't understand is. . . how does LeBron, the supposed best player evar, not simply back down Tony Parker, who's probably about half his size? It was something you KNOW someone who had actual footwork would exploit.
I want to hear "Beat LA" chants at a Clipper vs Laker game
Scnottaken

Postby therealdeal on Wed Jun 19, 2013 7:59 am

LeBron willed that team to the very brink of victory down 13 points...

Before that? He was non-existent. After that? He was garbage. That three he made didn't impress me and he didn't do much besides that.

But I will absolutely give him credit for giving the team the energy to come back.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Forward Three on Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:05 am

Scnottaken wrote:What I don't understand is. . . how does LeBron, the supposed best player evar, not simply back down Tony Parker, who's probably about half his size? It was something you KNOW someone who had actual footwork would exploit.

Lebron on Parker and Parker on Lebron was a weird matchup. Lebron couldn't stop Parker and Parker, despite being almost 100lbs lighter was doing perfectly acceptable positional defense against Lebron and certainly didn't get completely abused by the mismatch. Even if the Heat win, there is a very strong case for Parker as Finals MVP, though he's unlikely to get it.

But also, this is why people were bagging on James most of the game, he had similar "I could back in and score pretty easily" situations all night long and he rarely went for them, and when he did it was slow, lethargic and half-assed.
Forward Three

Postby wcsoldier81 on Wed Jun 19, 2013 11:02 am

The guy is still so scared ... The lack of agressivity on the Parker switches was comical , the WTF lob to Bosh's ghost was hilarious .... this was a classic Lechoke job until Spurs choked harder .

He only shot as a last resort when he can't get a layup
wcsoldier81

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Wed Jun 19, 2013 11:11 am

therealdeal wrote:LeBron willed that team to the very brink of victory down 13 points...

Before that? He was non-existent. After that? He was garbage. That three he made didn't impress me and he didn't do much besides that.

But I will absolutely give him credit for giving the team the energy to come back.

He was great for that stretch but I cannot give him much credit at all. I was actually less impressed with him after his run. The main reason is like what you said: the before and after part of the game.
For what it's worth, the Lakers also clinched the Pacific Division, an achievement Bryant dismissed by saying "We don't hang divisions." No, only the big NBA championship banners are considered wall-worthy for the Lakers.
puffyusaf#2

Re: Official LBJ thread: Hate or love him he came to play!

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Thu Jun 20, 2013 8:50 pm

Ok for all that criticism the guy deserves he deserves praise now. He came up big ALL game in game 7. It's as simple as that.
For what it's worth, the Lakers also clinched the Pacific Division, an achievement Bryant dismissed by saying "We don't hang divisions." No, only the big NBA championship banners are considered wall-worthy for the Lakers.
puffyusaf#2

Postby Jazzygirl205 on Thu Jun 20, 2013 8:54 pm

LeBron is the best player in the game, he proved himself this game. He's definitely in the argument of better than Jordan now and Kobe (hurts to say that) but it's true. Congrats LeBron :bow: :jam2:
Jazzygirl205

Postby Lqv2015 on Thu Jun 20, 2013 8:56 pm

I'll give him his props but I'm not going to praise him
LAKERS-4-LIFE
Lqv2015

Postby abeer3 on Thu Jun 20, 2013 8:58 pm

that was dominant.
abeer3

Postby noobiew on Thu Jun 20, 2013 8:58 pm

LBJ pss his way by joining force and teaming up with the two best of the best (Wade & Bosh) to wish to get an easy ride and won the titles, that just the reality of the situation.
Michael Jordan : "My Chicago team are the all-time greatest"
Magic Johnson : "Put me with Kareem, James Worthy, Cooper and Byron Scott, and we'd dominate your Bulls team"
noobiew

Postby GNC on Thu Jun 20, 2013 8:59 pm

yeah played an excellent game 7. deserves whatever praise he has coming his way.

I still dislike him though.. a lot.
GNC

Postby bumrusherer on Thu Jun 20, 2013 9:01 pm

I was too young to properly see Jordan Live.

So for me, Lebron is the best player I've ever seen since that time. The dudee is absolutely remarkable and this is 2 in a row that could end up being 4 or 5 in a row. With another 3 or 4 MVP's.

Love watching him play.
bumrusherer

Postby lakers_09tv on Thu Jun 20, 2013 9:04 pm

bumrusherer wrote:I was too young to properly see Jordan Live.

So for me, Lebron is the best player I've ever seen since that time. The dudee is absolutely remarkable and this is 2 in a row that could end up being 4 or 5 in a row. With another 3 or 4 MVP's.

Love watching him play.

Yea, no doubt. Lebron is the best player in the last 15 years.
Matt Barnes - "I respect all my opponents but I fear no one."

Deron Williams - “I hate ’em, you know,” he said the other day. “I hate the Lakers. They’re so good. I hate them because they win all the time. They’re a tough team. … We definitely talk about it. It’s not a secret. We hate the Lakers.”
lakers_09tv

Postby V.V.V.V.V. on Thu Jun 20, 2013 9:08 pm

No o e has won more than 3 in a row. It may not be possible, because the team breaks down from too much basketball in three years. The heat have been to 3 consecutive finals, and wade is breaking down. Battier says he'll retire this year, and probably miller too. Allen is getting up there too.

I seriously doubt they win next year, and after that Wade will be pushing retirement. LBJ needs to split accolades with D Wade, who saved his butt this series.
Vi Veri Vniversum Vivus Vici
V.V.V.V.V.

Postby Doc Brown on Thu Jun 20, 2013 9:08 pm

lakers_09tv wrote:

Love watching him play.

And Kobe isn't even a top 20 player a year ago right?
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Thu Jun 20, 2013 9:08 pm

lakers_09tv wrote:

Love watching him play.

Im all for giving him his props but damn dude really? You have been quiet as hell and now you are back with this over the top nonsense :man3: You do know that 15 years ago was 1998 when Lebron was still in school?

Give the guy credit but don't get crazy man.
puffyusaf#2

Postby Nashty Gal on Thu Jun 20, 2013 9:09 pm

I wasn't impressed
The Black Mamba and the White Swan
Kobe on talk with Pau about being more aggressive, "it's against his nature, he's always very nice, very white swan, I need him to be black swan"

http://www.thesexysaxman.com
Nashty Gal

Postby Helljumper on Thu Jun 20, 2013 9:10 pm

I know that by the time the next season comes around, I'll have renewed my irrational hate for the guy ... but damn, I can't help but feel happy for him right now. He just keeps proving me wrong about what I used to think of his abilities and approach to the game. Simply put, he's a beast.
Helljumper

Postby V.V.V.V.V. on Thu Jun 20, 2013 9:12 pm

Wade is still a better competitor than LeBron. If LBJ is top 5, then is wade top 4? He has three rings.
Vi Veri Vniversum Vivus Vici
V.V.V.V.V.

Postby karacha on Thu Jun 20, 2013 9:12 pm

lakers_09tv wrote:

Love watching him play.

No.
"It's not realistic to get younger and better when you only have the veteran's minimum to offer free agents." :mhihi:

-Troll Kupchak
karacha
CL Global Moderator

Postby bumrusherer on Thu Jun 20, 2013 9:15 pm

V.V.V.V.V. wrote:
I seriously doubt they win next year, and after that Wade will be pushing retirement. LBJ needs to split accolades with D Wade, who saved his butt this series.

In what regard? All Wade did was play to the bare minimum of what his expectations are.
bumrusherer

PreviousNext

Return to NBA Discussion