Official LBJ thread: 82 games too much man

Re: Official LBJ thread: screw my stats....peep my hat!

Postby Magic Skywalker on Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:25 pm

wcsoldier81 wrote:
Weezy wrote:
I'm not trying to bash LeBron for winning against lesser competition, I'm just saying don't tell me he's approaching Jordan or he's passed Kobe or other all time greats. Don't even try to tell me he's played competition close to what Magic and Kareem, Bird, Jordan, or Kobe and Shaq faced, just to name a few, not even close. Any one of the teams the Lakers faced in the playoffs in say 2001 and 2002 for example, could have won the title that year, where teams the Heat face are in the playoffs because 8 spots have to be filled.

2011-2013 Heat ECF playoffs runs : faced 3 teams with or above 50 wins , 2 in 2011

2008-2010 Lakers WCF playoffs runs : faced 8 teams with or above 50 wins , one team with 48 wins

:man10:

Just wanted to add to this:

2011-2013 Heat playoffs runs: faced 4 teams with or above 50 wins (they did have the lockout in 2012)

2008-2010 Lakers playoffs runs: faced 11 teams with or above 50 wins (only first round Jazz in 2009 had less... 48)

2000-2002 Lakers playoffs runs: faced 10 teams with or above 50 wins, one with 49 wins .

1996-1998 Bulls playoffs runs: faced 8 teams with or above 50 wins.

1991-1993 Bulls playoffs runs: faced 8 teams with or above 50 wins (though VERY weak first rounds)

1987-1989 Lakers playoffs runs: faced 5 teams with or above 50 wins (87 run was a joke, honestly)

1984-1986 Celtics playoffs runs: faced 7 teams with or above 50 wins.

I included the Finals here.

If you consider winning percentage in 2012 season (60.9%+ would be a 50+ wins opponent), the Heat 50+ opponents would jump to.... 6.

I didn't include anything before 1984 because before that year, there were less than 16 teams in the Playoffs and best teams had an automatic pass to second round.

So... yeah guys, I think we can really be proud about that 2008-2010 run
@MagicSkywalker Basketamericano
Magic Skywalker

Postby Vasashi17 on Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:55 am

Warning: Language

Puff/Barns (and possibly Doc with his Ohio roots) are the only OG LBJ Haters...the rest of you guys are just bandwagon haters. :man10:

BTW, tell me this guy ain't ready for Hollywood. McRoberts delivered a legit flagrant foul, but man did LeBron try to sell it.
Vasashi17
CL Global Moderator

Postby pound4pound1 on Thu Apr 24, 2014 12:10 pm

love it

Jerry Buss wrote:One of the biggest reasons I bought the Lakers was to beat the Celtics …..you just got it into your soul that you couldn't stand the Celtics anymore
pound4pound1

Postby LTLakerFan on Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:12 pm

McBob!

LBJ selling it? Don't know about that. He got it right in the apple, a little hard to breathe for awhile. Kind of like catching it in the package.
LTLakerFan

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:49 pm

Vasashi17 wrote:
Warning: Language

Puff/Barns (and possibly Doc with his Ohio roots) are the only OG LBJ Haters...the rest of you guys are just bandwagon haters. :man10:

BTW, tell me this guy ain't ready for Hollywood. McRoberts delivered a legit flagrant foul, but man did LeBron try to sell it.

I'd add Weezy to that list of OG's :man1:

:man10:
For what it's worth, the Lakers also clinched the Pacific Division, an achievement Bryant dismissed by saying "We don't hang divisions." No, only the big NBA championship banners are considered wall-worthy for the Lakers.
puffyusaf#2

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:51 pm

LTLakerFan wrote:McBob!

LBJ selling it? Don't know about that. He got it right in the apple, a little hard to breathe for awhile. Kind of like catching it in the package.

McBob def got some of him but I also believe Lebron sold the hell out of that too.
For what it's worth, the Lakers also clinched the Pacific Division, an achievement Bryant dismissed by saying "We don't hang divisions." No, only the big NBA championship banners are considered wall-worthy for the Lakers.
puffyusaf#2

Re: Official LBJ thread: Let Me Clear My Throat!!!!! McBob Style

Postby Vasashi17 on Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:54 pm

Puff: Nah, Weez is levelheaded when it comes to his hate....not like the rest of you OGs :man9:

And LT, I think initially he was sincere in his reaction to the shot...but if you're gasping for air, the last thing you want to do is go into your jersey where the air is limited. :man12:
Vasashi17
CL Global Moderator

Postby Weezy on Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:54 pm

I'd gladly be added to that list, I can't stand LeBron, almost nothing is more enjoyable than when he loses or chokes AND loses. When Ray Allen hit that 3 and saved LeBron's legacy from another choke in game 6 of the Finals last season I was pissed, I didn't even watch game 7 because I knew it was over for SA.

As for McRoberts hit on LeBron, I'm not for going for the throat, it's dangerous, but I don't think he was hit as hard as he played it up to be. I don't think McRoberts went directly for the throat either, he looked to be going at the chest, but the other defender made LeBron lift his head at the last second and McRoberts caught some neck with that elbow as well. It was a hard hit, but I think as usual LeBron acted some. Kurt Rambis got hit hard too when he was clotheslined, but he got right up for a fight, so did so many others in the 80's, this was weak compared stuff in the Bad Boys 30 for 30. I think the NBA knows LeBron was partly acting as well which is IMO why McRoberts wasn't suspended.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby LTLakerFan on Thu Apr 24, 2014 9:21 pm

Vasashi17 wrote:Puff: Nah, Weez is levelheaded when it comes to his hate....not like the rest of you OGs :man9:

And LT, I think initially he was sincere in his reaction to the shot...but if you're gasping for air, the last thing you want to do is go into your jersey where the air is limited. :man12:

I don't think in the clip I saw that I saw that part, just the gasping initially.
LTLakerFan

Postby Doc Brown on Thu Apr 24, 2014 9:23 pm

I love LeBron.
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby laakers on Sun Apr 27, 2014 2:07 pm

http://espn.go.com/nba/truehoop/miamiheat/story/_/id/10845651/nba-lebron-james-scores-most-telling-point-sterling

"There is no room for Donald Sterling in our league," James said, both [url]sternly[/url] and [url]stoically[/url] before the Heat's 98-85 win in Game 3 of the Heat's first-round playoff series against the Bobcats. "There is no room for him."

Wow, LeBron making quite the speech after the game last night. I would recommend watching his whole speech. They're almost making him into a hero. He definitely did have a strange tone of voice, maybe stoic, maybe scripted? :man10: Either way, I agree with the message he's sending. Maybe ESPN is going to try to promote LeBron as the GOAT after he retires with some sort of social action basis.
laakers

Postby Forward Three on Mon Apr 28, 2014 11:35 pm

Starting to think the Heat are going to win it all again. Since the Pacers have melted down they don't really have much resistance in the East. They're just playing such effortless ball right now, they know they pretty much only need to dial it in for about 10 minutes any given night and they have no difficulties flipping the proverbial switch.

Lebron is having a solid playoffs so far, it's not legendary but it's not bad. Kind of reflective of his season overall, he's just in the easiest place he's ever been in his career(life as a basketball player arguably) and it shows.

On the one hand, it's kind of insulting in a way, it's just a raw sell to watch such an obviously talented and gifted player elect to take the easy path, to not challenge himself, to not try and elevate the league and innovate the game. But on the other hand, no one ever said winning had to follow my(or your) narrative, plenty of sports fans can point to plenty of titles and besmirch them in some way or another, getting it done isn't always triumphant, some times it's kind of ugly, or kind of methodical, or even kind of boring.

Kudos to the Bobcats, though history will remember this first round series as a gentle stroll for Miami, the tale of the tape at least had the Bobcats keeping it respectable and competing about as hard as they could. Consistently, however, they simply could not string together defense or offense or execute effectively. They had a puncher's chance to win most of the games, but not really.

Going to have to start preparing for Lebron's 3rd straight ring I think. As a Kobe fan, it's annoying that people have basically forgotten him entirely at this point as the narrative crystallizes into Lebron-as-the-new-GOAT. As a Basketball fan it is frustrating to see in real-time just how dysfunctional parts of the league are, and how ridiculous of a team Miami is. But, so it goes.

I mean, maybe the semis or ECFs surprise us, but I'm really not expecting it. Lebron is in 3rd gear, the Heat are in 3rd gear, teams that face them are in 5th or 6th
Forward Three

Postby wcsoldier81 on Tue Apr 29, 2014 1:19 am

^^^^ Bobcats have never beaten the Heat big 3 in regular season/playoffs games ... We'll see how Miami does against others opponents

I hope BK is going to advance , tough matchup for the Heat
wcsoldier81

Postby Basketball Fan on Fri May 02, 2014 7:03 pm

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/l ... vie-700922

LeBron James High School Movie Heading to Universal

The pitch dramatizes the story of the Miami Heat star's early years as seen in the acclaimed documentary "More Than a Game."

A movie project telling of the high school struggles of a young LeBron James may have found a home at Universal.

Sources say that the studio is the front-runner and emerging as the likely home of the untitled project that has Dallas Buyers Club producer Rachel Winter and her husband Boardwalk Empire creator Terence Winter on board as producers.
NBA star James is also producing with his manager Maverick Carter.
Frank E. Flowers, whose credits include gritty crime thrillers such as Metro Manilla and Haven, is behind the pitch, which has generated multiple offers and heavy duty interest, according to sources.
The project takes its cues from the acclaimed 2008 documentary More Than a Game but dramatizes the story. It followed James and four teammates as they navigated high school basketball and high school life from their humble beginnings, and continued as James started his journey to becoming one of the most recognizable human beings on the planet and one of the best athletes of his generation.
The Miami Heat player already has a relationship with Universal: the studio is developing Ballers, a comedy to which James and Kevin James are attached to star.
Basketball Fan

Postby CGrand81 on Fri May 02, 2014 9:57 pm

What this guy is doing is unbelievable, the efficiency is unreal.

Durant deserves the MVP bit I'd be shocked if anyone but LeBron holds up the Finals MVP.
CGrand81

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Wed May 07, 2014 2:51 pm

I get sick of hearing this efficiency crap about Lebron. Up until game 7 last season this guy was super efficient up until the 4th quarter then he was super gone. He has been the greatest manager of stats I have ever seen play the game. Since he has been in the league I have seen him do anything and everything to manage his numbers to the point of playing hot potato with the basketball in the last few ticks of a shotclock so someone else will take the tough shot. Lebron James is the only player I have seen in history that gets all praise for being passive, no blame for team failures and no * for the absolute joke of a conference his team is waltzing out of every year. It's hard not to hate when people continue to go overboard for the guy.
puffyusaf#2

Postby TIME on Wed May 07, 2014 4:08 pm

puffyusaf#2 wrote:I get sick of hearing this efficiency crap about Lebron. Up until game 7 last season this guy was super efficient up until the 4th quarter then he was super gone. He has been the greatest manager of stats I have ever seen play the game. Since he has been in the league I have seen him do anything and everything to manage his numbers to the point of playing hot potato with the basketball in the last few ticks of a shotclock so someone else will take the tough shot. Lebron James is the only player I have seen in history that gets all praise for being passive, no blame for team failures and no * for the absolute joke of a conference his team is waltzing out of every year. It's hard not to hate when people continue to go overboard for the guy.

Yeah, but other than that he's pretty great, huh Puffy. :man12:
I'm lost in the fog of denial!
TIME
CL Global Moderator

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Wed May 07, 2014 10:13 pm

Hell it is virtually impossible to be able to manage yourself like that in a game let alone a season. The guy is a bonified stud.....that being said im sick of the jocking
puffyusaf#2

Re: Official LBJ thread: Whats in the legacy?

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Thu Jun 05, 2014 10:02 pm

OK I usually ask these questions or bump this thread before the Finals but have been too busy lately. Plus I don't like to write a lot from my phone. Now over the past week the bought and paid for sports news (ESPN) has been running the Spurs/Heat series questions and conversations. Of course its mainly Heat and by mainly Heat I mean Lebron talk. One of the main questions that has been floated around is (if LBJ wins #3) his 3 better than Duncan's 5? Also is his 3 (if he wins) better than MJ's 6? Yes, I have actually heard these questions asked and discussed in the media over the past week. Guess there was no other sporting events going on to discuss :bang: In any case besides being victims of the moment what is Lebron's Legacy now and what will it be if the Heat win or if the Heat lose this series?

For me going to 4 straight Finals even in the craptastical Eastern conference is a major accomplishment. Putting up the numbers he has put up is outstanding as well. That being said, I recall game 6 of last years Finals with the Spurs ahead the sports media was prepared to call Lebron out for not being able to come through when it mattered most. I argued that his output was over inflated by the hindsight of the bought and paid for media. Up until that tip out that found Ray Allen in the corner Lebron was going to go down as a Finals failure. Now to give him credit where it is due (in my opinion at least) he played his a** off in game 7 to close the Spurs out. That 1 game negated all his 4th quarter disappearing acts in those playoffs. He gets all the praise but none of the blame for the team underachieving. Not 1, not 2, not 3, 4, 5, 6 or 7 times has any of the talking heads really talked about his failure and unwillingness to take over games. So what is his legacy? Will history when looked back upon show that he was a phenomenal player who benefited from teaming up with superstars and players who actually have the balls to take the last shot or will they say he is the GOAT?

In game 1 of the Finals (from what I read on here) LBJ suffered a debilitating cramp due to the extreme heat in SAS's building. Does it remind anyone of the "elbow" that made him shoot a freethrow left handed but didn't stop a break-a-away dunk? Do we forget the flopping and the unwillingness (until this year and some of last year) to go to the post and punish players? Without blinders on of support or hate what is the true legacy of the King?

I know it is still being written but as of this point what can we say...............
puffyusaf#2

Postby wcsoldier81 on Thu Jun 05, 2014 10:26 pm

I laughed when he tried justifying his comments to Duncan " I just gave the media something to talk about" and Timmy totally ignored him ... Lecramp is corny
wcsoldier81

Postby D.B. Cooper on Thu Jun 05, 2014 11:41 pm

Lol LeCramp
D.B. Cooper

Postby Weezy on Thu Jun 05, 2014 11:57 pm

What I notice is LeBron making pain faces for the camera when he has a hangnail. Any little injury he milks. The Spurs make a run late and the LeBron cringe for the camera faces come out. And lol at 3>5 or 3>6. I don't even think LeBron's 3 would be better than 2 of MJ's considering the difference in level of competition. The media want so badly to erase history and make LeBron the best ever though, so, whatever I guess. I watched 5 of MJ's titles, I watched Kobe's, I watched Duncan's, they can't erase my memory.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby Lakerjones on Fri Jun 06, 2014 8:23 am

The big three: Cramps, Roids and Collusion.
Lakerjones
CL Global Moderator

Postby TIME on Fri Jun 06, 2014 8:45 am

I'm lost in the fog of denial!
TIME
CL Global Moderator

Postby Forward Three on Fri Jun 06, 2014 11:14 am

I've settled on "The cramps were probably real/debilitating, but what was with Lebron acting like he was literally dying on the bench?" as my stance on last night's silliness. There's no crying in baseball dammit!
Forward Three

PreviousNext

Return to NBA Discussion