Official LBJ thread: 82 games too much man

Re: Official LBJ thread: 2/5 Finals! Lets talk REAL legacy

Postby Doc Brown on Tue Jun 17, 2014 7:19 pm

Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Tue Jun 17, 2014 8:18 pm

Thats some good break down right there
For what it's worth, the Lakers also clinched the Pacific Division, an achievement Bryant dismissed by saying "We don't hang divisions." No, only the big NBA championship banners are considered wall-worthy for the Lakers.
puffyusaf#2

Postby Battle Tested20 on Tue Jun 17, 2014 8:27 pm

puffyusaf#2 wrote:Thats some good break down right there
"I just put my faith in God. Through him we can do all things"
- Kobe Bryant, March 24, 2004
Battle Tested20

Postby trodgers on Wed Jun 18, 2014 6:42 am

It happens, Punk. Cy Young won zero Cy Young Awards :man1:
blog.travisjrodgers.com
Its like Dr. Buss is guarding the Celtic rim this second half. Nothings dropping
trodgers
Site Manager

Postby Magic Skywalker on Wed Jun 18, 2014 6:44 am

And that guy (bballbreakdown) is usually pretty much in love with LeBron James.
@MagicSkywalker Basketamericano
Magic Skywalker

Postby Punk-101 on Wed Jun 18, 2014 6:45 am

trodgers wrote:It happens, Punk. Cy Young won zero Cy Young Awards :man1:

:man10:
What's even weirder is how Lou Gehrig died. Talk about a coincidence.
“Action has meaning only in relationship; and without understanding relationship, action on any level will only breed conflict. The understanding of relationship is infinitely more important than the search for any plan of action.”
-Jiddu Krishnamurti
Punk-101

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Wed Jun 18, 2014 8:16 am

Magic Skywalker wrote:And that guy (bballbreakdown) is usually pretty much in love with LeBron James.

seriously? That makes it even more damning I think.
For what it's worth, the Lakers also clinched the Pacific Division, an achievement Bryant dismissed by saying "We don't hang divisions." No, only the big NBA championship banners are considered wall-worthy for the Lakers.
puffyusaf#2

Postby John3:16 on Wed Jun 18, 2014 8:25 am

Punk-101 wrote:What's even weirder is how Lou Gehrig died. Talk about a coincidence.

That's funny. Really funny.
John3:16
CL Global Moderator

Postby trodgers on Wed Jun 18, 2014 9:56 am

John3:16 wrote:
Punk-101 wrote:What's even weirder is how Lou Gehrig died. Talk about a coincidence.

That's funny. Really funny.

:disagree:
blog.travisjrodgers.com
Its like Dr. Buss is guarding the Celtic rim this second half. Nothings dropping
trodgers
Site Manager

Postby JSM on Wed Jun 18, 2014 6:45 pm

Cavs found their pitchman

JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Postby Weezy on Wed Jun 18, 2014 7:15 pm

Broussard was saying the Cavs are 2nd for LeBron right now, which baffles me. If you're LeBron, how can you ever think of going back there after the way Dan Gilbert acted, and after fans burned your jersey? Gilbert acted like a giant baby and extremely unprofessional, and you want to play for those fans again? No way.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby thkthebest on Wed Jun 18, 2014 7:27 pm

It's simple. Broussard talks out of his [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.], and we should just block his name.
thkthebest

Postby therealdeal on Wed Jun 18, 2014 8:02 pm

I'm sure some part of LeBron wants to finish his career there. But I can't imagine he wants to go back there right at this moment.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Battle Tested20 on Wed Jun 18, 2014 9:52 pm

gill posted this in the NBA Games Discussion Thread but I thought it needed/should be posted here as well

Coach Pop counting off championship rings

https://vine.co/v/MTWT30HQ51u

Found it on SI.com

http://extramustard.si.com/2014/06/18/gregg-popovich-trolls-lebron-james-heat-during-spurs-championship-parade/
'That is classic :man10:
"I just put my faith in God. Through him we can do all things"
- Kobe Bryant, March 24, 2004
Battle Tested20

Postby V.V.V.V.V. on Thu Jun 19, 2014 1:48 am

Even Pop takes a shot at LeBron. :man11:

That great superteam only got 2 rings. Next year they probably won't make the finals, since they're exhausted and need a down year. Wade won't budge with 20 million due the next two years, and Bosh doesn't want to leave, so that's 60 million for the big three alone. I doubt they'd take another paycut to bring in a fourth, and even then there'd be no money for decent depth. I'd be surprised if the big three win another title for Miami.
Vi Veri Vniversum Vivus Vici
V.V.V.V.V.

Postby LooN3y on Thu Jun 19, 2014 7:53 am

broussard is such a tool, i dont even know where to begin.

and the funny thing is he actually believes in all the garbage he says. I wonder how he's going to defend the heat now.
LooN3y

Postby Kobe Bryant 8 on Mon Jun 23, 2014 9:07 pm

Best part about this thread?

If LeBron came here this off-season, EVERYONE in here who bashed him would jump for joy.

His team got manhandled. He, for the most part, played great. He's insanely efficient. He just can't do it alone. No one can.

"Who's got it better than us? NOOOOOO BODY!" - Jim Harbaugh

Hip-Hop Fans: DJ KB8 Presents - Felt 3: The Remixes (Coming Soon)
Kobe Bryant 8
CL's Voice of Reason

Postby laakers on Mon Jun 23, 2014 9:58 pm

I mean... He's the greatest player in the world right now from a physical standpoint. I sure as heck don't want him for many reasons, but if he came here, I'd have to support him.
laakers

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Mon Jun 23, 2014 10:18 pm

Kobe Bryant 8 wrote:Best part about this thread?

If LeBron came here this off-season, EVERYONE in here who bashed him would jump for joy.

His team got manhandled. He, for the most part, played great. He's insanely efficient. He just can't do it alone. No one can.

I'm in this thread and I wouldn't "jump for joy" at all. I would be glad to have him cause even with all my criticism I have said he is a great player. I disagree with your take on his playoffs and that has been the point of "this" thread. He played great in selective spurts and got his numbers (as usual) but in context they weren't great at all. Yes, his teammates also got manhandled and the loss can't be squarely on Lebron alone but the notion that he just didn't have enough is more excuse than reality in my book. Last season he didn't show up for most of the games and had an amazing game 7. All the other 4th quarter no-shows were forgotten. So for me the best part of this thread is that we could actually talk about that stuff instead of glossing it over.

If he comes to the Lakers this so-called hater will gladly support him in the P&G. The criticism of the player was warranted and justified IMHO.
puffyusaf#2

Re: Official LBJ thread: LBJ a Laker? How would you support it?

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Mon Jun 23, 2014 10:23 pm

So KB8's post brings up a good question. If Lebron came to LA how would you support him or feel about it?

I mean in this thread we have the so-called haters, the so-called jockers/defenders and the so-called in-between /keep it real folks. Some have been hyper critical of LBJ while others have been overly apologetic for all he has done. If he came would you be able to curb your hate, your love, your indiffernce etc for the King? Is KB8 right that the tide will switch swiftly in the other direction and we all become homeristic Miami fans in Lakers gear or is it somethign in between?

What say you..................
puffyusaf#2

Postby Weezy on Mon Jun 23, 2014 11:16 pm

KB8's assumption that "EVERYONE" here would jump for joy if we got LeBron is wrong, because I wouldn't. Sorry, I don't want LeBron on the Lakers, I like to win, but not at any cost. If he came to the Lakers I'd have to root for him, just like I had to root for Dwight, as his success meant teams success, but it would be difficult.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby laakers on Mon Jun 23, 2014 11:54 pm

Weezy wrote:KB8's assumption that "EVERYONE" here would jump for joy if we got LeBron is wrong, because I wouldn't. Sorry, I don't want LeBron on the Lakers, I like to win, but not at any cost. If he came to the Lakers I'd have to root for him, just like I had to root for Dwight, as his success meant teams success, but it would be difficult.

Word. But let's be real, if I woke up and LeBron out of the blue had signed with the Lakers, I would freak the f*** out.
laakers

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Tue Jun 24, 2014 12:21 am

Weezy wrote:KB8's assumption that "EVERYONE" here would jump for joy if we got LeBron is wrong, because I wouldn't. Sorry, I don't want LeBron on the Lakers, I like to win, but not at any cost. If he came to the Lakers I'd have to root for him, just like I had to root for Dwight, as his success meant teams success, but it would be difficult.

And essentially that was my point too. I actually enjoy the talent of Lebron and wouldn't be angry to have that skill on the Lakers providing we have someone with the balls to finish the game. I don't think everyone would be happy with the signing which is why I asked the question. I mean I am a big Melo fan so for me signing him would be great but I know for others it would be like being shot in the face. To each his own. It'll be interesting to see what others have to say about the possibility.
puffyusaf#2

Postby TheOp on Tue Jun 24, 2014 1:47 am

Kobe Bryant 8 wrote:Best part about this thread?

Just think about all the Lebron fans who basically bandwagoned Miami. All those people who also hate the Lakers. They will now become Laker fans, or maybe theyll cry so hard they will just stop watching the NBA. At least Lebron coming here does a lot of good in that sense.
TheOp

Postby CaCHooKa Man on Tue Jun 24, 2014 2:26 am

My Laker hater friends who are LeBron bandwagoners flat out said they would no longer respect LeBron if he left Miami for the Cavs or the Lakers. Only those two teams.
CaCHooKa Man
Human Highlight Reel

PreviousNext

Return to NBA Discussion