Official LBJ thread: 82 games too much man

Re: Official LBJ thread: LBJ a Laker? How would you support it?

Postby Jazzygirl205 on Tue Jun 24, 2014 5:05 am

A Laker is a Laker period. It's not about the player wearing the jersey, but the jersey that's on the player.
Jazzygirl205

Postby kenzo on Tue Jun 24, 2014 5:43 am

I cheered for Smush FFS. Kobe and Bron would work out great.
kenzo

Postby shoe on Tue Jun 24, 2014 6:23 am

I may not like how he protects his FG% and is obsessed with being "efficient",

and I'll never understand how the "best player in the game" dissapears for stretches in the finals (also the bizzare game 5 in 2010 vs boston)

but I'll gladly root for him if he ever ends up on the Lakers.
shoe

Postby Jellincon on Tue Jun 24, 2014 6:43 am

:man4:

Agent to Heat: LeBron opting out

Updated: June 24, 2014, 9:35 AM ET
By Chris Broussard | ESPN The Magazine

LeBron James' agent, Richie Paul, has informed the Miami Heat that James will exercise his early termination option and become an unrestricted free agent.

James had June 30 to decide whether to opt out of the final two years of his contract with the Heat. He was scheduled to make $20 million next season.

After Miami's season-ending loss to the San Antonio Spurs in Game 5 of the NBA Finals, James told reporters he would take a vacation with his family before considering his contract options.

James did indicate that he welcomed the opportunity to become a free agent and have the same level of flexibility he was afforded in 2010, when he signed with Miami after spending his first seven years in Cleveland.

http://espn.go.com/nba/truehoop/miamiheat/story/_/id/11127329/lebron-james-opt-contract-miami-heat
Jellincon

Postby Jazzygirl205 on Tue Jun 24, 2014 6:50 am

Whoa! I think he may go to Cleveland.
Jazzygirl205

Postby Jazzygirl205 on Tue Jun 24, 2014 7:09 am

Are Wade, Bosh, etc gonna opt out too and clear space for Melo?
Jazzygirl205

Postby shoe on Tue Jun 24, 2014 7:10 am

shoe

Postby Doc Brown on Tue Jun 24, 2014 7:11 am

Tom Withers ‏@twithersAP 5m
Winning a title in Cleveland _ and ending 50-year drought _ would separate LeBron from MJ, Magic, others. Been saying this for years.
Expand Reply Retweet Favorite More

Anyone got an extra bed in LA for me? I don't know if I'm going to be able to survive this flood of morons up here. Everyone that hated Lebron, is now magically in love with him again. :freak2:
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby Jazzygirl205 on Tue Jun 24, 2014 7:20 am

I changed my mind, he's not leaving Miami. I'm trying to figure out what players can they possibly add to Miami?
Jazzygirl205

Postby Magic Skywalker on Tue Jun 24, 2014 7:30 am

Numbers Never Lie ‏@ESPN_Numbers 2m
Something LeBron James should keep in mind... the only Hall of Famer to win multiple titles with multiple teams is Dennis Rodman.

It begins.
@MagicSkywalker Basketamericano
Magic Skywalker

Postby Balance&Options24 on Tue Jun 24, 2014 7:35 am

An army of Heat fans have just became free agents along with Lebron.
If you want to be a hero, you gotta take hero shots -R. Miller
Balance&Options24

Postby wcsoldier81 on Tue Jun 24, 2014 7:49 am

Lebron opting out can indicate several things : a new deal for more money , a new one for less or going to another team ...
wcsoldier81

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Tue Jun 24, 2014 8:19 am

Doc Brown wrote:
Winning a title in Cleveland _ and ending 50-year drought _ would separate LeBron from MJ, Magic, others. Been saying this for years.

Anyone got an extra bed in LA for me? I don't know if I'm going to be able to survive this flood of morons up here. Everyone that hated Lebron, is now magically in love with him again. :freak2:

Isn't it amazing that every possibility of a title for Lebron would "separate" him from the other greats. I could imagine if he came to LA won 2 rings with Kobe that Lebron would be the greatest Laker of all time ever in the history of the word ever.
For what it's worth, the Lakers also clinched the Pacific Division, an achievement Bryant dismissed by saying "We don't hang divisions." No, only the big NBA championship banners are considered wall-worthy for the Lakers.
puffyusaf#2

Postby Basketball Fan on Tue Jun 24, 2014 8:30 am

Magic Skywalker wrote:
Something LeBron James should keep in mind... the only Hall of Famer to win multiple titles with multiple teams is Dennis Rodman.

It begins.

I guess this fool has never heard of Kareem Abdul Jabbar (last I checked multiple is greater than 1)

As for LeBron returning to Cleveland he would look like an even bigger dope(and after The Decision that's no easy feat) especially after how he left and how Dan Gilbert reacted.

I think he'll stay in the Eastern Conference just not with the Cavs.
Basketball Fan

Postby laakers on Tue Jun 24, 2014 8:39 am

Doc Brown wrote:

:hurl: :hurl: :hurl: :hurl: :hurl: :hurl: :hurl:

Why? Cause he was too much of a baby to do it the first time and decided to break his hometown's heart? :bang:
laakers

Postby therealdeal on Tue Jun 24, 2014 9:06 am

Balance&Options24 wrote:An army of Heat fans have just became free agents along with Lebron.

:man10: :man10: :man10:
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Tue Jun 24, 2014 9:11 am

ESPN's worse nightmare would be Bron bolting to LA Lakers. I think they would have to turn on him and find a new center piece. If he goes to Clev then they have the "redemption" story. If he goes to NY then they have the "revive the mecca" story. Chicago then the "Beating MJ's legacy" story. Hell he could go to the Clippers and have the "Taking over LA" story but in no way would he be praised going to the Lakers.
For what it's worth, the Lakers also clinched the Pacific Division, an achievement Bryant dismissed by saying "We don't hang divisions." No, only the big NBA championship banners are considered wall-worthy for the Lakers.
puffyusaf#2

Postby therealdeal on Tue Jun 24, 2014 9:20 am

puffyusaf#2 wrote:ESPN's worse nightmare would be Bron bolting to LA Lakers. I think they would have to turn on him and find a new center piece. If he goes to Clev then they have the "redemption" story. If he goes to NY then they have the "revive the mecca" story. Chicago then the "Beating MJ's legacy" story. Hell he could go to the Clippers and have the "Taking over LA" story but in no way would he be praised going to the Lakers.

No Puff they get their ultimate story: Kobe the #2!
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby dj vitus on Tue Jun 24, 2014 9:26 am

Basketball Fan wrote:
Magic Skywalker wrote:

It begins.

I guess this fool has never heard of Kareem Abdul Jabbar (last I checked multiple is greater than 1)

As for LeBron returning to Cleveland he would look like an even bigger dope(and after The Decision that's no easy feat) especially after how he left and how Dan Gilbert reacted.

Kareem only had one in Milwaukee, right? Regardless, that reporter is still a fool since Brony still needs to win one with a different team BEFORE we can even have this discussion! Is he already thinking not one, not two, etc. Lol, the airheadedness of these BSPN reporters...
"Why are they blocking out all the good stuff? They let Sarah Jessica Parker's face on TV and she looks like a foot!!"
dj vitus

Postby therealdeal on Tue Jun 24, 2014 9:27 am

Adrian Wojnarowski: LeBron James, Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh still haven't had sit-down to discuss future together, league sources tell Yahoo. Coming soon. Twitter @WojYahooNBA - See more at: http://hoopshype.com/rumors.htm#sthash.WD1Z4jsR.dpuf

Chris Mannix: Informal poll of executives around the league reveal the same answers: Most would be surprised if LeBron left Miami. Twitter @ChrisMannixSI - See more at: http://hoopshype.com/rumors.htm#sthash.WD1Z4jsR.dpuf

LeBron James' agent, Rich Paul, has informed the Miami Heat of his client's decision to exercise the early termination option on his contract and become a free agent on July 1. Paul confirmed the decision via text message to USA TODAY Sports. While James may ultimately return to Miami on a new deal, the pressure is now squarely on Heat president Pat Riley to win the recruiting war for James' services again like he did in the summer of 2010. James was set to earn $20.5 million next season on the contract that could have gone through 2016 (player option worth $22.1 million). USA Today Sports - See more at: http://hoopshype.com/rumors.htm#sthash.WD1Z4jsR.dpuf

Adrian Wojnarowski: LeBron James will opt-out of deal, source confirms. He's determined to impose pressure on Miami to improve roster and spend, sources say. Twitter @WojYahooNBA - See more at: http://hoopshype.com/rumors.htm#sthash.WD1Z4jsR.dpuf
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby dj vitus on Tue Jun 24, 2014 9:35 am

Oh, and Dennis Rodman is not a Hall of Famer in my book. Might as well throw in Rick Fox, Robert Horry, Toni Kukoc, etc., but that's a whole other argument altogether.
"Why are they blocking out all the good stuff? They let Sarah Jessica Parker's face on TV and she looks like a foot!!"
dj vitus

Postby Basketball Fan on Tue Jun 24, 2014 9:46 am

dj vitus wrote:
Basketball Fan wrote:
Magic Skywalker wrote:

It begins.

Kareem only had one in Milwaukee, right? Regardless, that reporter is still a fool since Brony still needs to win one with a different team BEFORE we can even have this discussion! Is he already thinking not one, not two, etc. Lol, the airheadedness of these BSPN reporters...

Yep 1 with Milwaukee 5 with Lakers but after rereading what the original quote was I see what they were referring too so it was my mistake. Vegas pulled odds on the NBA titles because LeBron opted out.
Basketball Fan

Postby pound4pound1 on Tue Jun 24, 2014 9:52 am

Magic Skywalker wrote:

It begins.

Lebron will bring this up right before he decides to sign with the Spurs
Jerry Buss wrote:One of the biggest reasons I bought the Lakers was to beat the Celtics …..you just got it into your soul that you couldn't stand the Celtics anymore
pound4pound1

Postby therealdeal on Tue Jun 24, 2014 9:54 am

With LeBron James and Carmelo Anthony officially opting out of their contracts, multiple teams have begun the process of exploring roster moves that would create sufficient salary-cap space to try to sign 2014's marquee free agents in tandem this summer, according to sources close to the situation. ESPN.com - See more at: http://hoopshype.com/rumors.htm#sthash.1a68F8A7.dpuf

In addition to the Miami Heat's obvious desire to retain James by any means necessary and pursue Anthony if he urges them to do so, sources told ESPN.com on Tuesday that the Cleveland Cavaliers and Atlanta Hawks are among the teams already mulling potential trades that designed to clear enough cap space to be able to recruit the two stars and close friends. ESPN.com - See more at: http://hoopshype.com/rumors.htm#sthash.1a68F8A7.dpuf
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby therealdeal on Tue Jun 24, 2014 9:56 am

The most intriguing move on the mind of James and his camp, sources told Yahoo Sports, would be a sign-and-trade scenario with the Los Angeles Clippers in which James could play with close friend Chris Paul and under president-coach Doc Rivers. Nevertheless, Miami has remained the primary consideration for James, sources said. He wants to see Riley's plans for improving the roster. Yahoo! Sports - See more at: http://hoopshype.com/rumors.htm#sthash.1a68F8A7.dpuf

In the wake of LeBron James' decision to opt out of his contract, the NBA's best player is still expected to sit down with Miami Heat teammates Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh to discuss a future together with the team, league sources told Yahoo Sports. Yahoo! Sports - See more at: http://hoopshype.com/rumors.htm#sthash.1a68F8A7.dpuf
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to NBA Discussion