Official LBJ thread: screw my stats....peep my hat!

Re: LBJ at MSG (thread 2)

Postby TheGoat on Wed Feb 04, 2009 9:08 pm

Ahh who gives a damn! I don't care if ESPN runs LeBron coverage 23 hrs a day. The New York Media just want's to make the Knicks seem relevant again. It won't last. The Knicks are garbage. 61 pts against them? Big DEAL! A triple double on them? BIG DEAL! The only thing that Laker fans should worry about is that Kobe outplays him this Sunday and the Lakers get a win.
Last edited by TheGoat on Wed Feb 04, 2009 9:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"After slamming in an alley-oop as the Suns center(Amare Stoudemire) clung helplessly to his arm, Bynum hopped around like he was on a pogo stick, grinning and nodding in a 'Who’s the man-child now?' sort of way" -Chris Broussard of espn.
TheGoat

Location: whispering orders into Kupchak's ear "Do it Mitch!"

Postby The Original 81 on Wed Feb 04, 2009 9:09 pm

png247 wrote:were they chanting "mvp"?

No.

And he didn't get a huge standing ovation mainly because he played until the last minute, but even if he was taken out he would not have gotten what Kobe had gotten.

It's pretty clear what performance Knicks fans thought was better.
"Let me say one more thing about Kobe. He will be the best player in the history of the game. If he keeps doing what he's doing, there is no stopping him. He is that good." - Shaquille O'Neal in his autobiography, "Shaq Talks Back"
The Original 81

Postby markketch on Wed Feb 04, 2009 9:11 pm

The Original 81 wrote:

No.

And he didn't get a huge standing ovation mainly because he played until the last minute, but even if he was taken out he would not have gotten what Kobe had gotten.

LeBron got a standing ovation & MVP chants in other MSG games - who cares? That's the dumbest thing to nitpick out.

They were both great performances. Laker fan will say Kobe's was better, and Cav fan will say LeBron's was better.
markketch

Postby The Original 81 on Wed Feb 04, 2009 9:15 pm

markketch wrote:
The Original 81 wrote:

No.

LeBron got a standing ovation & MVP chants in other MSG games - who cares? That's the dumbest thing to nitpick out.

They were both great performances. Laker fan will say Kobe's was better, and Cav fan will say LeBron's was better.

Umm okay, but the entire arena never chanted MVP like they did for Kobe. I think Spike Lee would know, he was there for every game.
"Let me say one more thing about Kobe. He will be the best player in the history of the game. If he keeps doing what he's doing, there is no stopping him. He is that good." - Shaquille O'Neal in his autobiography, "Shaq Talks Back"
The Original 81

Postby The Rock on Wed Feb 04, 2009 9:16 pm

markketch wrote:
The Original 81 wrote:

No.

why do you care?

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby DJ Qube on Wed Feb 04, 2009 9:19 pm

BTW, anyone watch the replay of his last rebound? It should'nt have counted. His entire left foot steps out of bounds before he throws it to a teammate.
DJ Qube

Postby markketch on Wed Feb 04, 2009 9:20 pm

DJ Qube wrote:BTW, anyone watch the replay of his last rebound? It should'nt have counted. His entire left foot steps out of bounds before he throws it to a teammate.

You don't need to pass the ball to record a rebound...
markketch

Postby markketch on Wed Feb 04, 2009 9:23 pm

The Original 81 wrote:Umm okay, but the entire arena never chanted MVP like they did for Kobe. I think Spike Lee would know, he was there for every game.

The "entire" arena didn't chant MVP for Kobe, just like the "entire" arena didn't chant MVP for LeBron. Unless Spike Lee has some device on him to measure crowd noise, his opinion is just that - an opinion.
markketch

Postby markketch on Wed Feb 04, 2009 9:24 pm

The Rock wrote:why do you care?

What does it matter to you what I care?
markketch

Postby The Original 81 on Wed Feb 04, 2009 9:26 pm

markketch wrote:
The Original 81 wrote:Umm okay, but the entire arena never chanted MVP like they did for Kobe. I think Spike Lee would know, he was there for every game.

The "entire" arena didn't chant MVP for Kobe, just like the "entire" arena didn't chant MVP for LeBron. Unless Spike Lee has some device on him to measure crowd noise, his opinion is just that - an opinion.

Even so, he said he's "never heard something like that before".

Nice try though.
The Original 81

Postby markketch on Wed Feb 04, 2009 9:27 pm

The Original 81 wrote:
markketch wrote:

Even so, he said he's "never heard something like that before".

Nice try though.

I'm not "trying" to do anything - but thanks. Both have received chants in MSG, which is the impressive thing, not what Spike Lee said.
markketch

Postby The Rock on Wed Feb 04, 2009 9:28 pm

markketch wrote:

Because you're obviously a troll and you come to a laker board talking to a laker fan

what did you expect? people blindly hanging onto lebronze nuts like the rest of the league?

go on to realgm for that BS

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby markketch on Wed Feb 04, 2009 9:31 pm

The Rock wrote:
markketch wrote:

Because you're obviously a troll and you come to a laker board talking to a laker fan

what did you expect? people blindly hanging onto lebronze nuts like the rest of the league?

go on to realgm for that BS

Did I say anything about LeBron's performance being better? No. I've given due respect to both performances. Continue to come after me unprovoked and try to accuse me of saying things I didn't. I think it's funny.

I must have the missed the part that said "ONLY LAKER FAN MAY REGISTER ON THIS BOARD! ONLY OPINIONS FAVORABLE TO THE LAKERS MAY BE POSTED, ELSE YOU'RE A TROLL!"
Last edited by markketch on Wed Feb 04, 2009 9:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
markketch

Postby DJ Qube on Wed Feb 04, 2009 9:35 pm

markketch wrote:
DJ Qube wrote:BTW, anyone watch the replay of his last rebound? It should'nt have counted. His entire left foot steps out of bounds before he throws it to a teammate.

No, you don't. You do need to be inbounds though.
DJ Qube

Postby markketch on Wed Feb 04, 2009 9:38 pm

DJ Qube wrote:
markketch wrote:

No, you don't. You do need to be inbounds though.

You're wording doesn't really say what you want it to then. Regardless, yes, he WAS inbounds. He lands with two feet then gets bumped out by Gibson who was going for the board as well. Are you seriously going to nitpick that?
markketch

Postby CLICKCLICK on Wed Feb 04, 2009 9:39 pm

Percentage wise, I'd say Lebron gets more hate from ClubLakers than Kobe does from ESPN.
CLICKCLICK

Postby DJ Qube on Wed Feb 04, 2009 9:45 pm

markketch wrote:You're wording doesn't really say what you want it to then. Regardless, yes, he WAS inbounds. He lands with two feet then gets bumped out by Gibson who was going for the board as well. Are you seriously going to nitpick that?

If you watch the play, my original post makes perfect sense. It's either a rebound and a turnover if you are saying he had control of it, or it's a ball out of bounds, last touch by Cleveland. I also heard Bron's 9th rebound was questionable as well.
Looks like Refs, statisticians, and Bron's teammates letting him know he only needed one more rebound were gunning for the tripdub too.
DJ Qube

Postby markketch on Wed Feb 04, 2009 9:49 pm

DJ Qube wrote:
markketch wrote:You're wording doesn't really say what you want it to then. Regardless, yes, he WAS inbounds. He lands with two feet then gets bumped out by Gibson who was going for the board as well. Are you seriously going to nitpick that?

If you watch the play, my original post makes perfect sense. It's either a rebound and a turnover if you are saying he had control of it, or it's a ball out of bounds, last touch by Cleveland. I also heard Bron's 9th rebound was questionable as well.
Looks like Refs, statisticians, and Bron's teammates letting him know he only needed one more rebound were gunning for the tripdub too.

I'm not going to argue about how you worded something, so I'll move on.

Even if he stepped out before the pass was made, it is still a rebound because he had control of the ball.
The 9th rebound tipped off of Ben Wallace's hands into LeBron. LeBron gets credit for the rebound because he is the one who gained possession.
markketch

Postby JoelMyersScrotalSack on Wed Feb 04, 2009 9:58 pm

CLICKCLICK wrote:Percentage wise, I'd say Lebron gets more hate from ClubLakers than Kobe does from ESPN.

Are you seriously trying to compare the most popular and well known sports programming network with a LAKERS message board with members as young as 11 years old?
JoelMyersScrotalSack

Postby LawSin on Wed Feb 04, 2009 10:14 pm

all i know is: poor knicks, everyone's posting records on them and they keep getting publicity on the losing end
LawSin

Postby DJ Qube on Wed Feb 04, 2009 10:21 pm

LawSin wrote:all i know is: poor knicks, everyone's posting records on them and they keep getting publicity on the losing end

D'Antoni is to blame. If I'm Bernard King, I'd be sending death threats to Pringles.
DJ Qube

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Wed Feb 04, 2009 10:32 pm

puffyusaf#2 wrote:I think he will stop shooting and start going for his triple-double in the second half since he already had more points in the 1st than Kobe did.

called it. Great game by Bron stat wise. I love ESPN running with how much greater LBJ is over Kobe.

The question I have is what would ESPN have said if Kobe tried to follow LBJ's great game with his own........... Oh I know "Kobe tries to follow King, Lakers barely hold on"

On another note I knew the LBJ superfan would be back in this thread.
For what it's worth, the Lakers also clinched the Pacific Division, an achievement Bryant dismissed by saying "We don't hang divisions." No, only the big NBA championship banners are considered wall-worthy for the Lakers.
puffyusaf#2

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Wed Feb 04, 2009 10:33 pm

markketch wrote:
DJ Qube wrote:

I'm not going to argue about how you worded something, so I'll move on.

Even if he stepped out before the pass was made, it is still a rebound because he had control of the ball.
The 9th rebound tipped off of Ben Wallace's hands into LeBron. LeBron gets credit for the rebound because he is the one who gained possession.

Actually the rule is he has to re-establish himself inbounds before he can touch the ball. That means your hero has to have BOTH feet in before touching the ball.

I know, I know you don't get it............moving on.
For what it's worth, the Lakers also clinched the Pacific Division, an achievement Bryant dismissed by saying "We don't hang divisions." No, only the big NBA championship banners are considered wall-worthy for the Lakers.
puffyusaf#2

Postby L4L on Wed Feb 04, 2009 10:43 pm

I understand how much you all hate LeBron and anyone who likes him, but it is ridiculous. Now I'm not saying this isn't a two-way street, I'm not saying it is unprovoked, but you guys need to knock it off or there will have to be warnings/suspensions handed down on BOTH sides. Every single thread we've had about LeBron has been derailed the last couple weeks. Honestly, this is the last time I'm going to point this out before instantly locking threads and having them reviewed.
L4L
Clublakers Moderator

Postby FabFourLakers on Wed Feb 04, 2009 10:52 pm

i just gotta say how SICK lebron and Kobe have been this year...it's definitely not out of the question who is the MVP right now...both are playing like it...both are winnning games...its gonna come down to who has the BEST record int he LEAGUE...thats going to be the criteria...media CANNOT deny Kobe (esp since Bynum is out now)...his team is doing BETTER this year and hes LEADING them...Lebron same story....both guys deserve MVP this year...i think it'll come down to who has the better record, kinda liike last year with Kobe and CP3, whichever team has the better record, or whichever team got #1 in the west would be MVP...

That should be the criteria IMO...even tho Lebron has better all around stats (pts, rebs, asts, blks)...its not by much and Kobe is STILL the better defender...but dang thats just a NASTY game by LEBRON triple double 52-10-11? JESUS!!
FabFourLakers

PreviousNext

Return to NBA Discussion