Official LBJ thread: no more roid....errr..carbs =slim

Re: Official LBJ thread: Kobe never as good as LBJ (THEONE24)

Postby Nikez on Wed Feb 06, 2013 3:45 pm

Doc Brown wrote:I usually just throw out....

"You're comparing a guy in his 17th season, to guys in their prime, at their peak, and he's still on their level."

Seriously, kobe from 03-10 wipes the floor with any season lebron has ever had.
Before long, someone recognized Phil Jackson sitting in the front seat, and then the rocks began to fly. Revelers pelted the bus and shook it, mocking the Lakers at their lowest moment.

It was painful,” Lakers forward Pau Gasol(notes) said. “It is a feeling that I want to keep in my mind for every single minute that I’m out there playing them.
Nikez

Postby Forklift on Wed Feb 06, 2013 4:24 pm

One of the biggest reasons why i love Kobe over Lebron besides the championships and he is in LA of course :man10: . Is because through out all of Kobe's career he has been downplayed. He was never the best through media standards. They always put someone ahead of him, Carter, T-Mac, Iverson, Wade ect, but Kobe was and is still a top tier player while those other guys faded away. Lebron on the other hand had everything handed to him, but i do agree Prime Lebron is better than old geezer Kobe :man1: .
Forklift

Postby V.V.V.V.V. on Wed Feb 06, 2013 6:15 pm

If by some crazy fantasy come true, we had Kobe versus LeBron in the finals this year, Kobe would still be more clutch.
Vi Veri Vniversum Vivus Vici
V.V.V.V.V.

Postby KB24 on Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:11 am

The amazing thing is James is shooting 56% from the floor and 41% from threes...both stats are way out of Kobe's reach to be honest.

Shooting close to 56% from the floor is simply amazing and unheared of, thats almost Bynum/Howard zone. Not even MJ could touch that. With 28/8/7...thats just a sick statline for any player in any era.

"It is not how big you are, it is how big you play"
"Basketball doesn't build character. It reveals it"
"Be strong in body, clean in mind, lofty in ideals"
KB24
Site Admin

Postby wcsoldier81 on Thu Feb 07, 2013 5:58 am

Lebron FG% is getting better every season for the latest 6 seasons ...

He doesn't force anything during the whole game and prefer playmaking over shooting in the clutch in most cases ... still often too passive imo but Miami shooters and their D win close games

He's a 78% finisher at the rim ( league best) and these shots represent 35% of his shots total

Few bad shots ( plus never take these end of quarters desperate shots) = high %
wcsoldier81

Postby last stand on Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:12 pm

KB24 wrote:The amazing thing is James is shooting 56% from the floor and 41% from threes...both stats are way out of Kobe's reach to be honest.

Shooting close to 56% from the floor is simply amazing and unheared of, thats almost Bynum/Howard zone. Not even MJ could touch that. With 28/8/7...thats just a sick statline for any player in any era.

finally some objectivity.
everyone has their top 10 lists of women heres mine

1. emma watson
2. Natalie Portman
3. Mila Kunis
4. Emma Stone
5. Megan Fox
6. jessica biel
7. Teresa Palmer
8. Katy Perry
9. jessica alba
10. Olivia Wilde
last stand

Postby last stand on Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:14 pm

LooN3y wrote:lol, stats.

you know who goes by stats? mike brown and every other coach thats non deserving in the NBA.

stats is ALWAYS used by people that dont watch the game, dont know what the hell they're talking about, and say this or that player is better.

yea lebrons real clutch :man10:

now this is just a ridiculous post

1. emma watson
2. Natalie Portman
3. Mila Kunis
4. Emma Stone
5. Megan Fox
6. jessica biel
7. Teresa Palmer
8. Katy Perry
9. jessica alba
10. Olivia Wilde
last stand

Postby last stand on Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:21 pm

Nikez wrote:
Doc Brown wrote:I usually just throw out....

"You're comparing a guy in his 17th season, to guys in their prime, at their peak, and he's still on their level."

Seriously, kobe from 03-10 wipes the floor with any season lebron has ever had.

statistically? no that's completely false. actually lebron statistically has outperformed kobe.

but kobe was a better player because kobe played in an offense that has been known to hamper statistical production. the triangle destroys the assist statistic.

kobe in his prime was the better player. at least the player i'd rather have. but all of you people crying about how people undervalue kobe are doing the exact same thing with lebron.

lebron is a special talent, once in a generation type guy. statistically he may be the most efficient perimeter player in NBA history when it's all said and done.

kobe is who he is. one of the GOATs. one of the only players ever to see triple teams (because they weren't legal in jordans time). but lebron isn't far from kobe when comparing their primes. lebron has a more suitable team around him to produce statistically. but that doesn't take away from the fact that he's out there producing at this level. a level of efficiency not seen by a perimeter player possibly ever (though don't hold me to that)

1. emma watson
2. Natalie Portman
3. Mila Kunis
4. Emma Stone
5. Megan Fox
6. jessica biel
7. Teresa Palmer
8. Katy Perry
9. jessica alba
10. Olivia Wilde
last stand

Postby LOL on Sat Feb 09, 2013 1:37 am

imo the fact that kobe stuck with only 1 team through thick and thin, from the day he was drafted to the day he retires(most likely), makes him > lebron.
LOL

Postby thkthebest on Sat Feb 09, 2013 2:27 am

LOL wrote:imo the fact that kobe stuck with only 1 team through thick and thin, from the day he was drafted to the day he retires(most likely), makes him > lebron.

I guess in your opinion, Dirk > Kareem?
My signature
thkthebest

Postby King of Clutch on Sat Feb 09, 2013 2:40 am

lebron: Lets team up wade, bosh.
Kobe: Shaq I need to win without you.

I hope people never forget this. Which I know they will.
King of Clutch

Postby King of Clutch on Sat Feb 09, 2013 2:43 am

I will say this, lebron is the most athletic, freak of nature, to ever play in the nba. Great player.
King of Clutch

Postby Finwë on Sat Feb 09, 2013 2:52 am

King of Clutch wrote:I will say this, lebron is the most athletic, freak of nature, to ever play in the nba. Great player.

Yup. I don't think the league has ever had a player with such a devastating combination of size, agility, speed, strength, health & jumping ability. The guy is a physical FREAK, a clear stand-out in that regard in a league filled with them.
Skills-wise he's not even close to a lot of players, but his athleticism, combined with some skills (passing is his best one) & with the proper system (no bigs clogging the lane, shooters spacing the floor, going back and forth from the post and out) he busts out machine-like production game in, game out.
I'll give him some credit for improving some of his fundamentals as his career went on, and I'll always acknowledge his superior athleticism. But to me athleticism isn't as praise worthy as fine-tuned skills, and among other intangibles that's what makes Kobe (and Durant to name another one) a player I prefer over him.
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
Finwë

Postby KB24 on Sat Feb 09, 2013 8:13 am

Last 5 games

LeBron is averaging 30.2 points on 15.1 shots per game, shooting 68.4% from the floor and 57% from 3s

:man4: :man4: :man4:

KB24
Site Admin

Postby THEONE24 on Sat Feb 09, 2013 10:36 am

But, but, but, but, but, Kobe has averaged 27PPG on more than 56% shooting before.
THEONE24

Postby Doc Brown on Sat Feb 09, 2013 11:15 am

THEONE24 wrote:But, but, but, but, but, Kobe has averaged 27PPG on more than 56% shooting before.

Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby therealdeal on Sat Feb 09, 2013 11:59 am

Finwë wrote:
King of Clutch wrote:I will say this, lebron is the most athletic, freak of nature, to ever play in the nba. Great player.

Yup. I don't think the league has ever had a player with such a devastating combination of size, agility, speed, strength, health & jumping ability. The guy is a physical FREAK, a clear stand-out in that regard in a league filled with them.
Skills-wise he's not even close to a lot of players, but his athleticism, combined with some skills (passing is his best one) & with the proper system (no bigs clogging the lane, shooters spacing the floor, going back and forth from the post and out) he busts out machine-like production game in, game out.
I'll give him some credit for improving some of his fundamentals as his career went on, and I'll always acknowledge his superior athleticism. But to me athleticism isn't as praise worthy as fine-tuned skills, and among other intangibles that's what makes Kobe (and Durant to name another one) a player I prefer over him.

Actually two names come to mind that might have been more athletic and more impressive physically: Shaquille O'Neal and Wilt Chamberlain. Those two were 7 foot plus and moved incredibly well. They did things physically that honestly should never be allowed.

I'd say that they're at least on the same level as LeBron, Wilt would rank higher to me.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Finwë on Sat Feb 09, 2013 1:23 pm

therealdeal wrote:
Finwë wrote:

Actually two names come to mind that might have been more athletic and more impressive physically: Shaquille O'Neal and Wilt Chamberlain. Those two were 7 foot plus and moved incredibly well. They did things physically that honestly should never be allowed.

I'd say that they're at least on the same level as LeBron, Wilt would rank higher to me.

Well I guess I meant it more in the wing position. I agree obviously that Shaq & Wilt were physical monsters that dominated their eras in that sense
LeBron is more of a package, a combination of size, speed, agility, strenght... I don't think we've ever seen such a combination, that was my point.
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
Finwë

Postby therealdeal on Sat Feb 09, 2013 1:44 pm

I'm still not so sure. I know we all remember Shaq as this enormous fat monster, but when he first got to LA he was pretty much as dominant physically as any person has ever been. He was explosive and strong, but I think his most surprising quality was his agility and his speed.

I wouldn't put LeBron much higher over him at all in that time frame.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Finwë on Sat Feb 09, 2013 10:23 pm

Yeah but it didn't last long. LeBron's been this way since he got into the league, particularly as years progressed, he kept getting bigger & stronger (perhaps suspiciously so) and hasn't really seen much decline in speed/agility/leaping ability.
He also NEVER has an injury, the guy seems indestructible, he plays a lot of minutes year in and year out and never really has a serious injury. Some of it is luck / avoiding some contact, but also has to do with being a superior athlete.
Finwë

Postby therealdeal on Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:07 am

Shaquille O'Neal was drafted 92-93 and was physically dominant throughout his Laker tenure and I'd argue the Heat were able to feed off the remains of his athleticism in 2006 for a ring.

That'd put him at somewhere a little over 10 years of straight physical dominance. I know it feels like shorter because he was physically terrible to end his career, but it was actually for a very long time.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Finwë on Sun Feb 10, 2013 1:38 pm

therealdeal wrote:Shaquille O'Neal was drafted 92-93 and was physically dominant throughout his Laker tenure and I'd argue the Heat were able to feed off the remains of his athleticism in 2006 for a ring.

That'd put him at somewhere a little over 10 years of straight physical dominance. I know it feels like shorter because he was physically terrible to end his career, but it was actually for a very long time.

Yeah but his "all around" dominance -in terms of a combination of size AND speed/agility/jumping ability" didn't last that long, that's what I meant. After say, 2000, his dominance was almost completely due to his size; I was talking about a consistent combination. He got fatter and lost a couple of steps. He was still amazingly strong and difficult to contain, and he developed a couple of go-to moves that combined with that made him incredibly hard to guard 1 on 1, but he wasn't the all-around athletic package I was talking about.
Finwë

Postby Weezy on Sun Feb 10, 2013 1:49 pm

Apparently he's played the best stretch of games in NBA history according to Magic and the ESPN/ABC crew. I didn't know "almost" averaging a triple-double for 5 games was better than actually averaging it for a season, I guess Oscar Robertson never existed. Oh and Kobe's stretch of 5 50+ games wasn't as good because it was just scoring, no big deal.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby KB24 on Sun Feb 10, 2013 2:02 pm

shooting 73% along the way with 56% from downtown along with amazing shot selection and decision making really makes it one of the greatest stretches in recent history, thats for sure.

KB24
Site Admin

Postby Weezy on Sun Feb 10, 2013 2:11 pm

One of, yes, but to call it the best is so ESPN, so prisoner of the moment.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to NBA Discussion