Official LBJ thread: no more roid....errr..carbs =slim

Re: Official LBJ thread: MVP taken down a peg by Jersey sleeve?

Postby wcsoldier81 on Fri Mar 07, 2014 12:35 pm

He doesn't put up his usual numbers at SA and (mostly) Leonard ... same story last season in the Finals .

He's totally right about the sleeved jerseys for him though ... he hasn't been able to hit a jumper in the three games I watched him with such a jersey : at Staples , ASG and this game .

It's very lame he can't adapt ... wear a bigger size to begin with
wcsoldier81

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Fri Mar 07, 2014 1:28 pm

wcsoldier81 wrote:He doesn't put up his usual numbers at SA and (mostly) Leonard ... same story last season in the Finals .

He's totally right about the sleeved jerseys for him though ... he hasn't been able to hit a jumper in the three games I watched him with such a jersey : at Staples , ASG and this game .

It's very lame he can't adapt ... wear a bigger size to begin with

Your last sentence is the funny thing about it all because he chose to wear the Dwight Howard special small size one. Like Stephen A (I think it was him or Skip) said today it doesn't matter what he was wearing it shouldn't effect him like that you adapt and move on. Had he had a great game do you think we would hear about the Jersey? I don't think so. In all fairness he is going to have "off" nights which for him is still most players "good/great" nights. I just didn't enjoy the fact he had one spectacular game after a few solid performances and all of a sudden the MVP race is too close to decide. If it was the other way around and KD did that we wouldn't be having this conversation cause LBJ would be, like they say, "the clear cut MVP and it ain't close." Hypocricy at its finest.
For what it's worth, the Lakers also clinched the Pacific Division, an achievement Bryant dismissed by saying "We don't hang divisions." No, only the big NBA championship banners are considered wall-worthy for the Lakers.
puffyusaf#2

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Fri Mar 07, 2014 1:30 pm

Doc Brown wrote:^^^ He also partially blamed the mask he has to wear as well.

You know, the one he wore when he dropped 61.

its crazy how he gets away with blaiming every bad game on something and no one calls him on it.
For what it's worth, the Lakers also clinched the Pacific Division, an achievement Bryant dismissed by saying "We don't hang divisions." No, only the big NBA championship banners are considered wall-worthy for the Lakers.
puffyusaf#2

Postby V.V.V.V.V. on Fri Mar 07, 2014 2:07 pm

Yep. Blame it on the clothes. Very professional.
Vi Veri Vniversum Vivus Vici
V.V.V.V.V.

Postby LTLakerFan on Fri Mar 07, 2014 2:30 pm

puffyusaf#2 wrote:Here is the interesting thing (to me at least) on Feb 4, 2009 I created this thread asking if Lebron was going to go for 60 in response to Kobe's scoring record at MSG. It took 5 years for him to finally do it. Thought that was interesting.

OK, so now since his MVP lead jumping 61 against that awesome playoff team he has fallen back to normal regular LBJ greatness. Last night against one of the West best the Heat got destroyed by the old boys from San Antonio. LBJ's response to having a bad game? The Jersey with sleeves was the reason. Really? The Jersey caused him to not make shots. This is the MVP of the league? Really the idea that his great scoring night rocketed him ahead of KD was then and is now to me crazy. I believe KD is the frontrunner easily and should win it.

Yeah they suck, but put your other hand up the short sleeve of the shooting shoulder and stretch it out. Take like 5 seconds but then the downside is he doesn't get to show off his muscle there as much. Hi tech material…. it won't stay stretched? With his strength, don't believe it.
LTLakerFan

Postby Doc Brown on Fri Mar 07, 2014 3:38 pm

I remember CDR hated the sleeved jersey in pre-season and he cut the sleeves to make it fit better.

Can anyone in the Heat organization get the Kang some scissors before he has his next bad game?
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby Jazzygirl205 on Fri Mar 07, 2014 3:40 pm

There is always excuses made for him when he has off games. If clothing causes him to have poor games then God forbid he has a a terrible injury like a couple of broken fingers, ankle tears or blown out knees.
Accordeing to this logic he'd pretty much suck. No one else had a problem with the sleeves or masks :man10:
he's not invincible he can have a poor game or two the world will still spin, geesh.
Jazzygirl205

Postby Forward Three on Fri Mar 07, 2014 9:03 pm

I called it back on the christmas game. Lebron was one of the first prominent players to come out saying "Sleeves don't matter, doesn't bother me". When he promptly missed a couple of free throws the first thing he did was adjust his sleeves. Not at all surprised he's officially blaming them now after having one of his worst nights of the season.

It is of course complete BS that the supposed best player in basketball can't cope with sleeves on his jersey. But whatever. I'll take the schadenfreude.
Forward Three

Postby charvin on Fri Mar 07, 2014 9:45 pm

That's why, as good as he is, he still makes excuses. Kobe with a broken finger(s), arthritic finger(s), and on and on, and yet you never see him use any of those as an excuse. These are all things you can control, so don't use the sleeves as an excuse for having a bad shooting night to discredit the other team.
charvin

Postby laakers on Fri Mar 07, 2014 10:58 pm

I understand his sentiment because I still refuse to play basketball with sleeves. Always wearing a sleeveless. He's not allowed to make excuses though, he's the GOAT.
laakers

Postby Weezy on Fri Mar 07, 2014 11:55 pm

I don't like playing in sleeves either, they can bother my shot if it's a heavy shirt or tight in the armpit. But I'm not a pro baller. :man11: LeBron sounds like a whiner, making excuses for his poor game. A pro baller should be able to shoot just fine in warmups, using a cheap basketball, whatever the circumstances, no excuses. If he hates the jerseys that's fine, many players do, I don't like them either, but don't use them as an excuse, wear a bigger size if it's too tight.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby Magic Skywalker on Sat Mar 08, 2014 2:47 am

I honestly try to like LeBron... And I've even managed to get to a point of no-hate at least (I did kinda hate him in 2004-2006), but damn, this type of things don't help one bit. Always the same thing, be it his elbow in the Playoffs, his crab dribble or whatever (also those Mt.Rushmore things or the "number 23 should be retired in every team" just when he got to Miami, were 23 is actually retired -which is stupid- and he changed to Bill Russell's and Dr.J's number 6.

Which makes me think... the guy must be a Bill Russell hater :man11:

He's a special talent, with a very special athleticism and also happens to be a very hard worker, but, c'mon son, you can't go out there blaming the sleeves and/or the mask. Even if you think that, you shut up and look for a way to adapt.
@MagicSkywalker Basketamericano
Magic Skywalker

Postby Forward Three on Sat Mar 08, 2014 10:20 pm

I've tried to like him too somewhat, but similarly, the farthest I can really get is just appreciating his unique athleticism and physique that seems like it was built in a lab to perfect the game of basketball. His actual style of play(as well as the fact that his style of play outright *requires* referee assistance), demeanor on the court, off-court jawing and personal PR on the other hand consistently bugs me. Plus, it's just fun to poke holes in the armor. It's not like he's not going to go down in the top all-time short list at this point, but he's also not the first 'best player ever' to play the game nor will he be the last.

Mostly, I'm just a bit bummed that he's kind of the most interesting thing in the league right now when he's an innately boring player. I can't escape having an eye on what he and the heat are doing because they're on the top, but of all the great teams and story lines in the past decade+ theirs is by far the weakest. Even their fans seem to think so given how often they aren't even there.
Forward Three

Postby Magic Skywalker on Sun Mar 09, 2014 11:08 am

I suppose those sleeves bother him even when he's not wearing them.
Magic Skywalker

Postby shoe on Sun Mar 09, 2014 12:42 pm

LeBron wearing invisible sleeves today.
shoe

Postby wcsoldier81 on Sun Mar 09, 2014 1:04 pm

Butler is the best Lebron defender in the league .. add Bulls defensive scheme and Noah ability to switch the PNR and make him tough on Lebron too and you have this result
wcsoldier81

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Sun Mar 09, 2014 2:09 pm

^ funny cause after the Spurs game we saw a few "so and so is tough on Bron...... thats why he has these games..." but LBJ is suppose to be ungaurdable, unstoppable and if you did he would just make everyone better to make it all work in his teams favor. Thats what we have been told about the front runner for MVP, right?
puffyusaf#2

Postby Doc Brown on Sun Mar 09, 2014 2:11 pm

He could of used the sleeves today to have an excuse as to why Jimmy Butler ripped him twice in crunch time.
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby wcsoldier81 on Sun Mar 09, 2014 3:50 pm

puffyusaf#2 wrote:^ funny cause after the Spurs game we saw a few "so and so is tough on Bron...... thats why he has these games..." but LBJ is suppose to be ungaurdable, unstoppable and if you did he would just make everyone better to make it all work in his teams favor. Thats what we have been told about the front runner for MVP, right?

It's the same against Leonard and SAS defensive schemes ... the difference is Bulls D is more physical and Noah is a better and more mobile defender than an old Duncan.

SAS defended Lebron very well in the 2013 Finals ...
wcsoldier81

Postby Magic Skywalker on Sun Mar 16, 2014 2:06 am

So... now we've moved from the sleeved jerseys to Dwyane Wade being healthy :disagree:

Michael Wallace
‏@WallaceNBA_ESPN
LeBron on Wade's return to health/role: "It's better for the team, but it's kind of gotten me out of rhythm right now."
Magic Skywalker

Postby purp n gold on Sun Mar 16, 2014 2:28 am

Let me say this objectively: He is an amazing player. He has the talents and physical gifts to be the best player in the NBA, and he has been for the past 3 years. He's also one of the biggest front-runners ever as well.

Sure, he's that Samsung-Note-wielding-cool-dad who can spontaneously start a Nike marathon when he's winning, but the moment things go wrong he is a gigantic baby. Blaming sleeves on a jersey just sounds and smells like BS.

This guy ain't going no where. Miami is the perfect place for him. It's where everyone goes to retire and not give a $#!. This guy would disintegrate under the bright lights of NY, LA or even Chi.
There are two teams that play in the Staples Center:
the LA Lakers and NBA Clippers.
purp n gold

Re: Official LBJ thread: Just throw me the ball! 4th qtr needs

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Sun Mar 16, 2014 5:31 pm

Well on top of blaiming Wade for their slide yesterday or the day before Lebron blamed his team on not getting him the ball in the 4th quarter enough. Of course ESPN showed a great clip on how he is and isn't getting the ball during the 4th after the statement. Today he had another bad 4th but the Heat pulled out the win. My question is when will this kid take ownership of his own stuff
puffyusaf#2

Postby Jazzygirl205 on Mon Mar 17, 2014 12:25 am

^ Yeah it's like "I, I, I" when they win "them, they' those other guys" when they lose. Lebron is a great payer , probably top 5 in the end, but the sleeve excuse, is what I can't get over. He's amazing and all amazing payers have had off games. They adjust with their greatness for the next game and move on.

Sometimes I think Lebron is afraid of flaw because the media and basketball fans have placed him in a place where anything other than perfection is seen as failure.
Jazzygirl205

Postby wcsoldier81 on Mon Mar 17, 2014 12:31 am

puffyusaf#2 wrote:Well on top of blaiming Wade for their slide yesterday or the day before Lebron blamed his team on not getting him the ball in the 4th quarter enough. Of course ESPN showed a great clip on how he is and isn't getting the ball during the 4th after the statement. Today he had another bad 4th but the Heat pulled out the win. My question is when will this kid take ownership of his own stuff

Huh :man3: .. it's not like he's a center who needs to be set up by his teammmates ... if he wants the ball , he takes the ball and makes plays ...
wcsoldier81

Postby V.V.V.V.V. on Mon Mar 17, 2014 1:05 am

He ain't no top 5 player by the end of his career. He may win his last title this year, but that will be it IMO. Unless he teams up with another younger big 2, he won't be in the conversation for top 5.
Vi Veri Vniversum Vivus Vici
V.V.V.V.V.

PreviousNext

Return to NBA Discussion