Official LBJ thread: Leading from behind?

Re: Official LBJ thread: No Respect for MJ? 23 returns

Postby noobiew on Wed Jul 30, 2014 8:58 am

All the media talking about how much Lebron loves the Ohio, doing this for his hometown fans, city are BS !

He ain't going back there if they don't have Irving or Wiggins. He knew the Heat is done with a hobbling Wade and Bosh and their Championship windows are closing very fast, he didn't think the Heat could continue to improve and win anymore so he left for a better situation. Being the Cleveland is just icing on the cake.

He left his own team for an easier path to the championship on a team with a 27 yrs-old Wade and a 25 yrs-old Bosh in their prime.

During the four years at Cleveland after Lebron left, the Cavs had accumulated three 1st lottery draft pick (Irving, Bennett, Wiggins) and two 4th lottery draft pick (Thompson, Waiters), so now after 4 years later, he makes himself a hometown savior, but in fact is his new team now has Irving and Wiggins, and/or potentially Kevin Love.

Lebron choose to come back because the Cleveland has a brighter future, better roster than the Miami Heat, plain and simple. Again he choose an easier route to the Championship, no doubt about it.
Michael Jordan : "My Chicago team are the all-time greatest"
Magic Johnson : "Put me with Kareem, James Worthy, Cooper and Byron Scott, and we'd dominate your Bulls team"
noobiew

Postby Basketball Fan on Wed Jul 30, 2014 1:55 pm

http://www.cleveland.com/metro/index.ss ... cart_river

Representatives of The Dan LeBatard Show called the Cleveland media outlet on Tuesday to purchase a full-page advertisement in this Sunday’s edition of the newspaper, Northeast Ohio Media Group Vice President of Sales and Marketing Mike Maleski confirmed. NEOMG sales staff are responsible for ads in The Plain Dealer.

The show’s request was “politely declined,” Maleski said. …

LeBatard said during the show that the ad was not intended to be mean-spirited, but rather a way to poke fun at James and Northeast Ohio residents who watched him win two championships in Miami.

Basketball Fan

Postby Weezy on Wed Jul 30, 2014 2:07 pm

I don't even get it. He got them 2 rings, they didn't get him 2 rings, and now they are without him and will go back to not winning rings. What's to laugh about on their part? Also, Miami Heat "fans"? There is no such thing, half of them left with LeBron, the rest I assume stayed because of loyalty to Wade or because they really didn't care that much in the first place who was on the team, it's just something to do down there. Failed attempt at trying to be clever and not look butthurt if you ask me.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby laakers on Fri Aug 01, 2014 11:16 pm

Now with George out most of this next season, who challenges him in the East? Bulls, with a sketchy D-Rose, rookie McDermott? Carmelo? Wade and Bosh? And it's not like these teams are bad BECAUSE of him, these teams wouldn't win championships any year in history. Just not good enough. And now if Kevin Love just creeps his way on...
laakers

Postby Basketball Fan on Fri Aug 01, 2014 11:41 pm

The Cavs have no excuse not to make the Finals now unless Charlotte emerges
Basketball Fan

Postby Weezy on Fri Aug 01, 2014 11:41 pm

ESPN keeps saying it's "'when' not 'if' Love is traded to the Cavs", so take that for what you will. Whether or not that makes them the favorite in the East, I don't know, probably does. I don't think, even with George, that the Pacers were a threat though, they went backwards this offseason from what I saw. Seems to be the top East teams are Chicago, Miami, Cleveland, with maybe Washington and Toronto continuing to improve.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby Basketball Fan on Fri Aug 01, 2014 11:43 pm

Yeah I don't think the Pacers were going to make the Finals without Lance but forget the playoffs with George out for a long time.

Unless Big Roy gets it together we're screwed.
Basketball Fan

Postby Battle Tested20 on Sat Aug 02, 2014 1:51 pm

Basketball Fan wrote:Yeah I don't think the Pacers were going to make the Finals without Lance but forget the playoffs with George out for a long time.

how are we screwed :man3:
"I just put my faith in God. Through him we can do all things"
- Kobe Bryant, March 24, 2004
Battle Tested20

Postby The Original 81 on Sat Aug 02, 2014 2:13 pm

Battle Tested20 wrote:
Basketball Fan wrote:Yeah I don't think the Pacers were going to make the Finals without Lance but forget the playoffs with George out for a long time.

Basketball Fan is a Pacers fan. Although I think she likes to see us do well too. :man12:
"Let me say one more thing about Kobe. He will be the best player in the history of the game. If he keeps doing what he's doing, there is no stopping him. He is that good." - Shaquille O'Neal in his autobiography, "Shaq Talks Back"
The Original 81

Postby Battle Tested20 on Sun Aug 03, 2014 11:41 am

The Original 81 wrote:
Battle Tested20 wrote:

Basketball Fan is a Pacers fan. Although I think she likes to see us do well too. :man12:

I see.
Battle Tested20

Postby Magic Skywalker on Tue Aug 05, 2014 1:14 pm

I suppose the kang stopped using PED :man9:

@MagicSkywalker Basketamericano
Magic Skywalker

Postby therealdeal on Tue Aug 05, 2014 1:27 pm

There's a couple other pictures of him too where he looks really slimmed down. Definitely looks like he's off the juice after he left Wade behind.

I'll be interested to see if he puts any of that weight back on before the season... If he doesn't then I honestly expect him to have nagging injuries all season long. He doesn't play a finesse game. Slim for him is a bad look unless he plays a different style of basketball.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby ZenMaster4President on Tue Aug 05, 2014 2:08 pm

Frontrunner. Always was, always will be.
Pau Gasol yesterday morning when asked about Dwight Howard: "I haven't called. Calls are expensive."
ZenMaster4President

Postby lakerfan2 on Tue Aug 05, 2014 2:11 pm

There's an article going around Yahoo stating he stopped eating carbs and dropped a ton of weight. LeStick.
#OURHOUSE
lakerfan2

Postby TIME on Tue Aug 05, 2014 2:51 pm

lakerfan2 wrote:There's an article going around Yahoo stating he stopped eating carbs and dropped a ton of weight. LeStick.

:man10: :man10: :man10:

Yeah, eating less carbs caused him to drop about 20 lbs of muscle. Riiiiiiiight.
I'm lost in the fog of denial!
TIME
CL Global Moderator

Postby Jazzygirl205 on Tue Aug 05, 2014 4:56 pm

Basketball players are normally slim anyway, so it doesn't bother me. LeBron was the only NBA player outside of Karl Malone with a slender NFL type body. But I thought he had a pretty strict diet to begin with? But it's going to make him faster. As he gets older the extra bulk will only be a detriment to his speed and explosiveness. He's only 30 right now, so dropping the weight is a good idea to make sure there's longevity.

I can't wait to see how Kobe looks at the beginning of the season :man1:
Jazzygirl205

Postby thkthebest on Tue Aug 05, 2014 8:48 pm

I'm guessing he's trying to go the Duncan/Kobe route of slimming down to prolong his career, but there's just one big problem. His style of play isn't like theirs. His finesse game/post game is weak compares to theirs. We'll see how this affects him, but I'm guessing it will have a negative effect.
thkthebest

Postby V.V.V.V.V. on Tue Aug 05, 2014 9:37 pm

Interesting weight loss. :man12:

That may be another reason he left Miami. Unhealthy juicing culture.
Vi Veri Vniversum Vivus Vici
V.V.V.V.V.

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Tue Aug 05, 2014 9:38 pm

So thats what non-roid bron looks like....
I don't always bring down the hammer but when I do it is usually to a troll! Stay TROLL FREE my freinds!
puffyusaf#2
Clublakers Moderator

Re: Official LBJ thread: no more roid....errr..carbs =slim

Postby kenzo on Tue Aug 05, 2014 11:55 pm

No carbs eh? Now his energy source is fat i guess, good luck with that.
kenzo

Postby pound4pound1 on Wed Aug 06, 2014 9:53 am

at least now, they wont need 5 guys to carry him off the court when he cramps up
Jerry Buss wrote:One of the biggest reasons I bought the Lakers was to beat the Celtics …..you just got it into your soul that you couldn't stand the Celtics anymore
pound4pound1

Postby Battle Tested20 on Wed Aug 06, 2014 1:32 pm

therealdeal wrote:There's a couple other pictures of him too where he looks really slimmed down. Definitely looks like he's off the juice after he left Wade behind.

I'll be interested to see if he puts any of that weight back on before the season... If he doesn't then I honestly expect him to have nagging injuries all season long. He doesn't play a finesse game. Slim for him is a bad look unless he plays a different style of basketball.

I actually completely disagree with him. It's the same reason why Kobe has slimmed down in recent years. Takes all the weight off his knees and other joints. I think Lebron is finally realizing that carrying all that weight around (extra muscle) is only now going to start hurting him as he ages instead of helping him like is has.
Battle Tested20

Postby therealdeal on Wed Aug 06, 2014 2:08 pm

Battle Tested20 wrote:
therealdeal wrote:There's a couple other pictures of him too where he looks really slimmed down. Definitely looks like he's off the juice after he left Wade behind.

I actually completely disagree with him. It's the same reason why Kobe has slimmed down in recent years. Takes all the weight off his knees and other joints. I think Lebron is finally realizing that carrying all that weight around (extra muscle) is only now going to start hurting him as he ages instead of helping him like is has.

I agree it's better for his joints IF he changes his game. He can't be taking it into the paint the way he likes to, he can't handle any extra contact, at that weight he'll be easier to move around. I don't like it unless he's suddenly going to transform into a much more accomplished jump shooter.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Battle Tested20 on Wed Aug 06, 2014 2:46 pm

therealdeal wrote:
Battle Tested20 wrote:

I agree it's better for his joints IF he changes his game. He can't be taking it into the paint the way he likes to, he can't handle any extra contact, at that weight he'll be easier to move around. I don't like it unless he's suddenly going to transform into a much more accomplished jump shooter.

I don't know what his plans will be but thats my thinking as well when I first saw the pictures. Guess he won't be in the post as much and his jumper better look improved even more so now.
Battle Tested20

Postby therealdeal on Wed Aug 06, 2014 2:53 pm

Exactly. For his health? Sure, losing all that weight will help him. But if he's not careful during the season then losing all that weight could mean more opportunities for injury.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to NBA Discussion