Official LBJ thread: No Respect for MJ? 23 returns

Re: Official LBJ thread: Honor to behold!

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Tue Feb 04, 2014 9:04 pm

oh yea Lebroning like basketball queen
For what it's worth, the Lakers also clinched the Pacific Division, an achievement Bryant dismissed by saying "We don't hang divisions." No, only the big NBA championship banners are considered wall-worthy for the Lakers.
puffyusaf#2

Postby Weezy on Tue Feb 04, 2014 9:28 pm

Pathetic
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby havoc33 on Wed Feb 05, 2014 2:47 am

How come he doesn't get called out on this more often is beyond me. The league needs to fine his [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.].
havoc33

Postby 432J on Wed Feb 05, 2014 9:21 am

havoc33 wrote:How come he doesn't get called out on this more often is beyond me. The league needs to fine his [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.].

:man10: if you really think the NBA would fine their golden boy and poster child
432J

Postby Forward Three on Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:19 pm

That's one of the worst Lebron flops I've ever seen. A near-miss on contact sends him flailing, but no call, so he does it again, and then falls down? Certainly deserving of a fine, but the league won't even review it. Shame.
Forward Three

Postby Finwë on Thu Feb 06, 2014 4:04 pm

Weezy wrote:Pathetic
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
Finwë

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Thu Feb 06, 2014 9:46 pm

Good to know the best specimen the game has ever seen with size and power could resort to such nonsense.
For what it's worth, the Lakers also clinched the Pacific Division, an achievement Bryant dismissed by saying "We don't hang divisions." No, only the big NBA championship banners are considered wall-worthy for the Lakers.
puffyusaf#2

Postby Weezy on Fri Feb 07, 2014 12:07 pm

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1951402-lebron-james-i-should-be-defensive-player-of-the-year

According to ESPN's Brian Windhorst, Heat coach Erik Spoelstra uses James as what he calls a "1-through-5," meaning he sometimes has James guard all five positions at some point during the game. He pulled off the feat in Miami's 116-112 win over the Los Angeles Clippers on Wednesday, guarding every Clipper from point guard Darren Collison to center DeAndre Jordan.

And, in James' opinion, that amazing defensive versatility makes him a deserving choice for the award. Per Windhorst: “That’s why I should be Defensive Player of the Year. No one has ever done this before.”

"Look at me, notice me, shower me with accolades! Me, me, me!"

I'm surprised he's not also campaigning for MVP, and hasn't put his name in the dunk contest only to remove it later yet.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby Doc Brown on Fri Feb 07, 2014 1:17 pm

Wait he considers guarding DeAndre Jordan some type of DPOY accomplishment? :man3:
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Fri Feb 07, 2014 2:23 pm

This is what is getting (besides the rant from the other day in this thread) Lebron openly talks about personal achievements and accolades. He doesn't even hide that he does what he is doing for simple praise. If you watched the game he was getting abused by Blake Griffin and damn near anyone he was defending. He didn't lock down anyone yet openly lobbies for awards.

I think this is a sign that LBJ doesn't believe his game is going to evolve again. This all rings desperate.
puffyusaf#2

Re: Official LBJ thread: MVP, DPOY, SMOY and CBPOY? Why not

Postby Weezy on Fri Feb 07, 2014 2:44 pm

You mean LeBron didn't stop anyone in a game where the Clippers put up 112 points!? No! But, he did stand next to or in front of them, which means he did guard all 5 positions technically, thus DPOY! He also sacrifices points to get others points which you can see from his assist numbers, which makes him unselfish, and he gets a lot of boards which is dirty work, which makes him humble. You can't argue with the math, check the stats.

Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby wcsoldier81 on Fri Feb 07, 2014 5:48 pm

Weezy wrote:http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1951402-lebron-james-i-should-be-defensive-player-of-the-year

According to ESPN's Brian Windhorst, Heat coach Erik Spoelstra uses James as what he calls a "1-through-5," meaning he sometimes has James guard all five positions at some point during the game. He pulled off the feat in Miami's 116-112 win over the Los Angeles Clippers on Wednesday, guarding every Clipper from point guard Darren Collison to center DeAndre Jordan.

And, in James' opinion, that amazing defensive versatility makes him a deserving choice for the award. Per Windhorst: “That’s why I should be Defensive Player of the Year. No one has ever done this before.

I'm surprised he's not also campaigning for MVP, and hasn't put his name in the dunk contest only to remove it later yet.

So Lebron doesn't know who Rodman and Pippen are
wcsoldier81

Postby Doc Brown on Fri Feb 07, 2014 6:07 pm

^^^ Throw Mr. Artest on that list. And he wasn't even in his prime when he was doing it for us.
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby thkthebest on Fri Feb 07, 2014 9:56 pm

LOL. He is definitely not in the running for DPOTY. He had a better case for it in the past, and he still never won.
My signature
thkthebest

Postby Finwë on Sat Feb 08, 2014 10:14 pm

^ I dunno, now that KD is probably getting MVP, LeBron could wind up with DPOY..
I think other players are clearly more deserving, but it wouldn't shock me at all..
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
Finwë

Postby Magic Skywalker on Sun Feb 09, 2014 2:34 am

Maybe because... well, this awards aren't necessarily fair, but it would be pathetic if LeBron wins the award.

I've seen the Heat a lot since the Big 3, and they were certainly a good defensive team at the beginning, but last year their defense clearly began to drop, and this year... I won't say they're doing a BAD job, but they're certainly not good, just a mediocre defense. LeBron James individually may be paired with any of the 5 players, but he's consistently doing a not-so-good job on them.

I don't think he even deserves to be on an All-Defensive Team, but of course, he'll probably be unanimously voted to the First Team.

I think Hibbert should be the frontrunner right now for DPOY. If we forget about the game against Portland (he did an awful job there), the guy is doing a really impressive job in the paint. While almost every Pacer is between good and excellent defender, Hibbert is clearly the anchor of that defense. He's big, but most importantly, he actually has a good defensive IQ.
@MagicSkywalker Basketamericano
Magic Skywalker

Postby Forward Three on Sun Feb 09, 2014 4:59 pm

Bron's best attribute defensively I think is that he doesn't bite on fakes hardly ever, he's very disciplined at keeping down and in a defensive position and he takes up enough space that anyone smaller than him(which is just about every 1-3 spot player) is disadvantaged on the drive. One thing though is that you don't really see players go at Bron too much anyway. Part of it is because he's good defensively but I think part of it is that most players/coaches know that you're not really allowed to do anything 1v1 against Lebron without a call going against you and Lebron flops enough on the defensive end that it's just sort of not worth it if you can find another option.
Forward Three

Postby Frank Dux on Mon Feb 10, 2014 1:39 am

Finwë wrote:^ I dunno, now that KD is probably getting MVP, LeBron could wind up with DPOY..
I think other players are clearly more deserving, but it wouldn't shock me at all..

It would be an absolute travesty if he won. He's coasted all year, and he's done absolutely nothing to be considered over Bogut and Hibbert.

But you know he'll finish in the top five DPOY voting, and he'll be 1st all defense even though he has no business being so at this point of the season.
Frank Dux

Postby thkthebest on Mon Feb 10, 2014 9:39 am

Call me crazy, but I think Durant has been a better defensive player than LeBron.
My signature
thkthebest

Postby wcsoldier81 on Mon Feb 10, 2014 9:45 am

^^^ He has been this season so no you're not crazy ...

Read this article

http://dailythunder.com/2014/01/durant-the-defender-and-closing-the-gap-on-lebron/
wcsoldier81

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Mon Feb 10, 2014 4:19 pm

Now ESPN is showing amazing plays that Lebron does in practice :man10:
puffyusaf#2

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Mon Feb 10, 2014 4:30 pm

Weezy wrote:

well Weez you might get your wish he put on a dunk show in practice that ESPN is all over now
puffyusaf#2

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Mon Feb 10, 2014 5:27 pm

WOAH... Those dunks were :man4: I can't wait till someone can put them on the board. :bow: :bow:
puffyusaf#2

Postby Weezy on Mon Feb 10, 2014 6:37 pm

I haven't seen the dunks, but let me guess, at least one of them he pulled one arm really far back and threw the ball down hard one handed. That seems to be one of his 3 or 4 dunks. Another might have been 2 handed thrown down after holding the ball back behind his head, or a backwards dunk thrown down really hard. He throws down dunks hard, ooh, amazing, nobody has ever done that. Or maybe he mixed it up and did a windmill, only really hard.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Mon Feb 10, 2014 6:44 pm

Oh no it was amazing like the best dunks ever. Here's what they showed.

Dunk 1: Lebron standing shirtless at halfcourt with his teammates around him. He throws the ball at the wall behind the rim runs and does his Lebron tomahawk alleyoop dunk (the one he does in games). ESPN then slows it down to show exactly where the ball hits off the wall for added awesomeness.

Dunk 2: Lebron, again shirtless, is on the left side of the court. he throws the ball off the opposite wall and does the alleyoop dunk to himself. Same dunk as the last one.

Then ESPN shows all the teammates watching the dunks on DWades phone and everyone goes crazy. Zoom in to Chalmers with the "OMG, Dat Waz Amazeballs" look on his face.

That is it. Yup that is it.
puffyusaf#2

PreviousNext

Return to NBA Discussion