Official LBJ thread: 82 games too much man

Re: Official LBJ thread: The King got his Ring!

Postby 432J on Wed Jul 25, 2012 2:08 pm

hahahahaha
:man10: :man10: :man10:

funniest thing i've seen in a while
432J

Postby SK8 on Sun Aug 12, 2012 4:31 am

I must post this, sorry guys :man10:

The second place means you're the first loser
ex Uncle Drew
SK8

Postby Weezy on Tue Aug 14, 2012 2:05 pm

So apparently LeBron is now in Jordan's class and might be better one day, if you take ESPN seriously. I love how Kobe will NEVER be Jordan even if he gets his 6th, but LeBron is in the conversation with 1. 2 years ago it was "now LeBron can never be Jordan, because he left his team and joined up with 2 stars" and now he wins one and he's back to the Jordan comparisons, absolute nonsense.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby lakersyunowin on Tue Aug 14, 2012 2:12 pm

i'm sure it was re-fueled by the mvp/nba champ/gold medal all in the same year...only he and jordan did that so it gave ammo to lebron lovers
the artist formerly known as fklukewalton, fksteveblake, and fkmikebrown
lakersyunowin

Postby Scnottaken on Wed Aug 15, 2012 3:51 am

Weezy wrote:So apparently LeBron is now in Jordan's class and might be better one day, if you take ESPN seriously. I love how Kobe will NEVER be Jordan even if he gets his 6th, but LeBron is in the conversation with 1. 2 years ago it was "now LeBron can never be Jordan, because he left his team and joined up with 2 stars" and now he wins one and he's back to the Jordan comparisons, absolute nonsense.

I've been thinking about why they tout LeBron so much as maybe one day surpassing MJ, and try to detract from anyone saying Kobe might one day surpass his legacy. It's because only Kobe actually has a shot at being better.
I want to hear "Beat LA" chants at a Clipper vs Laker game
Scnottaken

Postby The Original 81 on Wed Aug 15, 2012 4:33 am

Jim Boeheim went on Colin Cowherd’s radio show and said that he believes LeBron James has a chance to surpass Michael Jordan as the best player ever.

"I've always thought Michael Jordan was the best player that I've ever seen,” Boeheim said. “I always have and I didn't think it was close. I'm not so sure any more. And I love Michael Jordan. I'm not so sure anymore. This guy is 6-foot-9 and 260 pounds, and he's getting better. He works on his game. His shooting is getting better. He's a phenomenal, phenomenal basketball player. I love this game; I love the history of this game. I know we've had great, great players through the years. He's like Magic Johnson with Michael Jordan-type skills as well."

Boeheim said James is a different player now compared to when he joined Team USA in 2005.

"Ten times better player,” Boeheim said. “Some of it is maturity. He's a leader; he was a kid when we first got him. ... He's a 6-9, 260-pound point guard-forward-center. He guarded the post guys. They always say a guy can guard five positions, I've never seen that. I've heard about it. This guy can guard five guys. He can guard your center, he can guard your small forward, big forward, point guard, two guard. You put him on anybody and he can guard them."

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/223005/Boeheim_LeBron_Could_Challenge_Jordan_As_Greatest_Player_Ever
"Let me say one more thing about Kobe. He will be the best player in the history of the game. If he keeps doing what he's doing, there is no stopping him. He is that good." - Shaquille O'Neal in his autobiography, "Shaq Talks Back"
The Original 81

Postby therealdeal on Wed Aug 15, 2012 9:08 am

Put LeBron on Dwight. Sounds like a fun time. :man10:
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby kray28 on Wed Aug 15, 2012 9:52 am

KB24stk wrote:I must post this, sorry guys :man10:

++ :man9: :man9: :man9: :man6:
kray28

Re: Official LBJ thread: 2 MVP's, Ring, Gold = Better than MJ

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:03 am

I would never have imagined that the legacy of MJ could be attacked but it appears Lebron has done it. :man4: Let me say that James has improved his game (something I doubted greatly) and has shown he isn't the choke artist that he had been in the past. However, the praise he gets has actually surpassed the legacy of MJ after MJ retired. I heard the argument that Lebron has a ring before MJ did at the same time so he is obviously better. WTF? I said earlier I don't even hate on Lebron anymore because it isn't him that is asking for the slobberfest but the pathetic excuses we call sports media. I found it entertaining that whenever they spoke of the Olympics the sports media hardly ever really mentioned the Bronze medal team. It did happen once or twice but it was glossed over during all the gushing of the praise of "greatest ever", "plays all 22 positions on the basketball court", "OMG I have never seen anyone do a jump pass at that speed with such accuracy to an open teammate in my life before" by the announcers. Wonder how bad they kill him if he doesn't win anymore rings?
For what it's worth, the Lakers also clinched the Pacific Division, an achievement Bryant dismissed by saying "We don't hang divisions." No, only the big NBA championship banners are considered wall-worthy for the Lakers.
puffyusaf#2

Postby Finwë on Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:17 am

puffyusaf#2 wrote:I would never have imagined that the legacy of MJ could be attacked but it appears Lebron has done it. :man4: Let me say that James has improved his game (something I doubted greatly) and has shown he isn't the choke artist that he had been in the past. However, the praise he gets has actually surpassed the legacy of MJ after MJ retired. I heard the argument that Lebron has a ring before MJ did at the same time so he is obviously better. WTF? I said earlier I don't even hate on Lebron anymore because it isn't him that is asking for the slobberfest but the pathetic excuses we call sports media. I found it entertaining that whenever they spoke of the Olympics the sports media hardly ever really mentioned the Bronze medal team. It did happen once or twice but it was glossed over during all the gushing of the praise of "greatest ever", "plays all 22 positions on the basketball court", "OMG I have never seen anyone do a jump pass at that speed with such accuracy to an open teammate in my life before" by the announcers. Wonder how bad they kill him if he doesn't win anymore rings?

Plus they happen to forget that while LeBron didn't go to college, MJ did, so while LeBron may have been younger, MJ still did it earlier.. Also to be noted: superteam, lockout season, weak eastern conference even weaker after injuries, terrible officiating (no call game 2, foul call on harden in game 3)....
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
Finwë

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:26 am

Finwë wrote:
puffyusaf#2 wrote:I would never have imagined that the legacy of MJ could be attacked but it appears Lebron has done it. :man4: Let me say that James has improved his game (something I doubted greatly) and has shown he isn't the choke artist that he had been in the past. However, the praise he gets has actually surpassed the legacy of MJ after MJ retired. I heard the argument that Lebron has a ring before MJ did at the same time so he is obviously better. WTF? I said earlier I don't even hate on Lebron anymore because it isn't him that is asking for the slobberfest but the pathetic excuses we call sports media. I found it entertaining that whenever they spoke of the Olympics the sports media hardly ever really mentioned the Bronze medal team. It did happen once or twice but it was glossed over during all the gushing of the praise of "greatest ever", "plays all 22 positions on the basketball court", "OMG I have never seen anyone do a jump pass at that speed with such accuracy to an open teammate in my life before" by the announcers. Wonder how bad they kill him if he doesn't win anymore rings?

Plus they happen to forget that while LeBron didn't go to college, MJ did, so while LeBron may have been younger, MJ still did it earlier.. Also to be noted: superteam, lockout season, weak eastern conference even weaker after injuries, terrible officiating (no call game 2, foul call on harden in game 3)....

I won't even discredit the Heat win like that because every Champion has gotten away with some stuff and got favorable calls. What I find remarkable is that before the clinching game all the pundits were either killing James for not being able to show up or finding excuses (ie: they don't have enough around them) for his shortfalls. The kid is a great player but holydamn they are trying to hard to make him the God of Basketball.
For what it's worth, the Lakers also clinched the Pacific Division, an achievement Bryant dismissed by saying "We don't hang divisions." No, only the big NBA championship banners are considered wall-worthy for the Lakers.
puffyusaf#2

Postby Lakerjones on Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:02 am

The guy teams up with the super friends and finally comes through and so he's now better than MJ? Sure he is.
Lakerjones
CL Global Moderator

Postby wcsoldier81 on Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:23 am

There is a day Lebron will have to rely on pure B-Ball skills over physical abilities ... that day people will stop the comparaisons between him and MJ
wcsoldier81

Postby Scnottaken on Wed Aug 15, 2012 12:39 pm

wcsoldier81 wrote:There is a day Lebron will have to rely on pure B-Ball skills over physical abilities ... that day people will stop the comparaisons between him and MJ

Where's that post up gif when you need it?
I want to hear "Beat LA" chants at a Clipper vs Laker game
Scnottaken

Postby Weezy on Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:30 pm

I can't believe how much Coach K gushed about LeBron today, it's more than a little sickening. When you start throwing terms around like "nobody has ever" I start to roll my eyes. Nobody has ever had the voice, the heart, the skills and the body? Please, give me a freaking break, many NBA greats have. Nobody has ever been able to play all 5 positions in the NBA like LeBron? Um, anyone ever heard of Magic Johnson? Starting at Center and winning a championship? I can't believe a guy like Coach K that's been around as long as he has and seen as much as he has could also get caught up in this prisoner of the moment stuff. I'll give you another nobody has ever, IMO nobody has ever been a worse shooter and had less actual finesse in his game and been praised more. LeBron is great, there's no questioning it now, but take away that size and speed and you take a way a LOT of his game.

I've watched a true master of the game for years in Kobe Bryant, seen some things from him I've never seen from anyone else, from amazing and impossible shots, to just ridiculous scoring games. Generations before me watched Michael, Magic, Kareem, Bird, and others do amazing things, and that LeBron now somehow gets almost put ahead of all these guys is a joke. Hell he still has to show me a lot to even come close to the player Kobe has been, let alone Michael Jordan.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby purp n gold on Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:34 pm

Jordan > LeBron
There are two teams that play in the Staples Center:
the LA Lakers and NBA Clippers.
purp n gold

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Wed Aug 15, 2012 2:35 pm

Weezy wrote:I can't believe how much Coach K gushed about LeBron today, it's more than a little sickening. When you start throwing terms around like "nobody has ever" I start to roll my eyes. Nobody has ever had the voice, the heart, the skills and the body? Please, give me a freaking break, many NBA greats have. Nobody has ever been able to play all 5 positions in the NBA like LeBron? Um, anyone ever heard of Magic Johnson? Starting at Center and winning a championship? I can't believe a guy like Coach K that's been around as long as he has and seen as much as he has could also get caught up in this prisoner of the moment stuff. I'll give you another nobody has ever, IMO nobody has ever been a worse shooter and had less actual finesse in his game and been praised more. LeBron is great, there's no questioning it now, but take away that size and speed and you take a way a LOT of his game.

I've watched a true master of the game for years in Kobe Bryant, seen some things from him I've never seen from anyone else, from amazing and impossible shots, to just ridiculous scoring games. Generations before me watched Michael, Magic, Kareem, Bird, and others do amazing things, and that LeBron now somehow gets almost put ahead of all these guys is a joke. Hell he still has to show me a lot to even come close to the player Kobe has been, let alone Michael Jordan.

I think Coach K got caught up in all the "love" to be honest. Yes, Lebron was basically ungaurdable in the Olympics. That being said, he really isn't some demi-God on the court. I find it interesting that many of the gushers seem to deminish Lebrons teammates. I understood acting like no one on the Heat did anything but to treat the same for Team USA :man3: as well, wow. It is sad that these guys are creatures of the moment instead of true fans of historians.
puffyusaf#2

Postby Finwë on Wed Aug 15, 2012 5:24 pm

IAMAGM.com ‏@IAMAGM
Somebody is still not impressed with LeBron http://pic.twitter.com/RRAEkC83

"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
Finwë

Postby therealdeal on Wed Aug 15, 2012 5:38 pm

:man10:
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby dj vitus on Wed Aug 15, 2012 8:28 pm

"Why are they blocking out all the good stuff? They let Sarah Jessica Parker's face on TV and she looks like a foot!!"
dj vitus

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Wed Aug 15, 2012 8:55 pm

puffyusaf#2

Postby Doc Brown on Wed Aug 15, 2012 9:08 pm

Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby Texas Lakers Fan on Wed Aug 15, 2012 9:12 pm

Texas Lakers Fan

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:03 pm

You know all the laughing dudes are synchronized ...thats funny
puffyusaf#2

Postby MadMax on Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:08 pm

puffyusaf#2 wrote:You know all the laughing dudes are synchronized ...thats funny

MadMax

PreviousNext

Return to NBA Discussion