Official LBJ thread: Leading from behind?

Re: Lockout Shortened Season

Postby JUST-MING on Fri Jun 22, 2012 12:11 am

Asterisk.
JUST-MING

Re: Official LBJ thread: The King got his Ring!

Postby The Rock on Fri Jun 22, 2012 12:13 am

3 point shooting, spacing and small ball = Lebron eating up the paint

https://twitter.com/johnschuhmann/status/216020165559730178

LeBron shot 7-for-38 (18%) from outside the paint in The Finals. Didn't matter one bit

Brooks was so dumb to not even go with the Collison/Ibaka lineup much to discourage small ball. Backfired like crazy

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby Weezy on Fri Jun 22, 2012 12:19 am

He earned his ring, no question, but I certainly don't have to praise him or like him, f*** LeBron. :man10: And as for the Heat fans coming out saying "what can you say now?", I can say what he said, about damn time. Only took you 9 years, joining a super team, a lockout shortened season, stopping the choking, and going through maybe one of the weakest East playoff brackets of all time to finally get that ring, congrats. This top 10, he's in the conversation with MJ after only 1 ring ish needs to stop though, give me an f'ing break. When I see more rings, consistent runs of absolute greatness to multiple titles like MJ, Magic, Kobe, and others, then we'll talk, seriously F today's prisoner of the moment media.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby wcsoldier81 on Fri Jun 22, 2012 12:20 am

^^^^ As I said in the Finals thread , worst job ever at making Lebron a jumpshooter
wcsoldier81

Postby wcsoldier81 on Fri Jun 22, 2012 12:25 am

Weezy wrote:He earned his ring, no question, but I certainly don't have to praise him or like him, f*** LeBron. :man10: And as for the Heat fans coming out saying "what can you say now?", I can say what he said, about damn time. Only took you 9 years, joining a super team, a lockout shortened season, stopping the choking, and going through maybe one of the weakest East playoff brackets of all time to finally get that ring, congrats. This top 10, he's in the conversation with MJ after only 1 ring ish needs to stop though, give me an f'ing break. When I see more rings, consistent runs of absolute greatness to multiple titles like MJ, Magic, Kobe, and others, then we'll talk, seriously F today's prisoner of the moment media.

yeah ... but most of the medias don't truly believe the BS they are saying ... they just have to sell the face of the league as a perfect product .. this is marketing ... Lebron , like MJ before him, can't do wrong ... and the masses are buying it
wcsoldier81

Postby wcsoldier81 on Fri Jun 22, 2012 1:17 am

A very good example of what we are going to get for the next few weeks
I don’t want to diminish the greatness of Tim Duncan in the early-2000s, Shaquille O’Neal at his peak or Kobe Bryant just a few years ago… but nobody since Jordan has done more things well and at critical times than James did this season.

http://blogs.mercurynews.com/kawakami/2012/06/21/lebrons-title-now-he-makes-his-push-to-the-all-time-nba-mountaintop/

I'm sorry but 1999-2000 Shaq was more impressive than this season Lebron ...
wcsoldier81

Postby Weezy on Fri Jun 22, 2012 1:29 am

That guy has to be joking with that bs. I hate when writers or tv analysts say "nobody ever" or "best ever", or really just end things in "ever", they make themselves look like jackasses. Unless that guy actually went back and watched Shaq at his peak in 2000 just putting up ridiculous numbers and destroying anyone in his way, or watched Kobe tearing up teams in 2001, or all the big clutch moments he had in the last 2 title runs, he needs to shut up with the "nobody ever" nonsense. I get it, he just watched it happened, so it's fresh in his mind, but give me a break, I was there watching those other things I mentioned, I watch the Finals every year no matter who's playing, I've seen it, hell even Dirk last year was fantastic in the "critical times" of big games, really almost all the playoff games.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby Finwë on Fri Jun 22, 2012 1:40 am

I don't see how LeBron is top 10 all-time yet. Think about it:
My top 5 list (without order): MJ, Kobe, Magic, Kareem, Russell.
6-10 (without order): Bird, Wilt, Jerry West, Shaq, Oscar Robertson/Duncan/Dr. J -couldn't decide-
So, for LeBron to be top 10, 1 of those guys would have to be dropped. I just can't see it.
And I'm still leaving out:
-Duncan
-Dr. J
-Hakeem
-Elgin
-M. Malone
-Isiah Thomas
-Mikan
-Pippen
-Havlicek

IMO, right now, 3 MVPs, great numbers, and finally a ring and a finals MVP, LeBron would be among the top 15 players of all time considering that he has a lot of time left.
I don't think you can place him in the top 10 just yet.

EDIT: BTW, I just came across this:
Kareem, 1971: 27-19-3, 61% FG, Finals MVP
Kareem, 1985: 26-9-5, 61% FG, Finals MVP

Now, that's consistency and longevity. Amazing.
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
Finwë

Postby noobiew on Fri Jun 22, 2012 2:24 am

TOP 10 all-time my *** !

:mad1:

1. Michael Jordan
2. Magic Johnson
3. Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
4. Wilt Chameberlain
5. Bill Russel
6. Kobe Bryant
7. Shaquille O'neal
8. Tim Duncan
9. Larry Bird
10. Hakeem Olajuwon

11. Lebron James
Michael Jordan : "My Chicago team are the all-time greatest"
Magic Johnson : "Put me with Kareem, James Worthy, Cooper and Byron Scott, and we'd dominate your Bulls team"
noobiew

Postby V.V.V.V.V. on Fri Jun 22, 2012 2:29 am

Yeah, LeBron's not close to top 10 of all time. I agree that he's ARGUABLY (NOT definitely) the best player in the game now, and he's validated that this year with an MVP and a Finals MVP. But as much as Barkley really digs him and thinks he's one of the most talented ever, you don't break the top 10 af all time on potential. You have to rack up the hardware, preferably accolades that you have to earn through beating out other great players in combat, not through popularity contests. That's why IMO multiple MVPs don't mean a damn thing when it comes to assessing the GOATs. You have to have lots of titles as the 1 (or 1b) option, and have the stats to show that you can lead the league in scoring, or triple doubles, or rebounds or assists. All-NBA teams are popularity contests, as are all-defensive teams.

That's why I put KAJ, MJ, Magic, Kobe, and Russell in my top 5. All of these guys have at least 5 rings. MJ has 6 titles and 6 Finals MVPs, 10 scoring titles, 3 steals titles, and the highest regular season career scoring average and highest playoff career scoring average. KAJ has 6 titles, 2 Finals MVPs, and is the all-time leading scorer in the NBA. Magic has 5 titles, 3 Finals MVPs, and the highest assist average per game of all time. Kobe has 5 titles so far, 2 Finals MVPs and 2 scoring titles. And of course Russell, who has 11 titles, 5-time Rebounding Champion, and 5 MVPs [which I only throw in to prove that he really was the key to the early Celtic success].

Now let's go back to LeBron. He has 1 title. And if the great Larry Bird can't crack top 5 of all time with 3 titles, then neither can LeBron if gets that many. Dude needs at least 5, and that is highly unlikely that he gets that many. Miami's big 3 don't have enough in the tank to lead them to 4 more.
Vi Veri Vniversum Vivus Vici
V.V.V.V.V.

Postby Dyeggoo on Fri Jun 22, 2012 3:56 am

Where, in your opinion, will ESPN build the Temple of LeBron?
Dyeggoo

Postby Doc Brown on Fri Jun 22, 2012 5:37 am

1st Knicks - Amare hurts himself, Baron hurts himself, Shumpert hurts himself, Lin already injured. On top of that they weren't even a good team to begin with. Also Chandler had the flu for the 1st two games of the series.

2nd round Pacers - Good team, but nowhere near ready to take the next step. They pushed the Heat a little bit, but in the end they weren't that strong of a team.

3rd round Boston - Allen hurt. Bradley out. Pierce hurt. Took them to the wire, but it wasn't enough.

Finals - One of the weakest Finals in awhile. Looked like a rec league game and OKC played about as bad as you could play. There defense was atrocious and they definitely got caught in the moment and showed their age in all the games.

Not to mention, Chicago without Rose, Orlando without D12, ATL and Philly not even close to contending.

Pretty weak run through the East and the Heat struggled to beat the Celtics and were down to the Pacers.

This is what the league will become with the new CBA a bunch of weaker teams all having a chance to win, but in reality it's really watering down the league and bringing down the competitiveness and level of play.

As for Lebron, put up those stats vs. some real teams you know ones that all the greats before you, that you are magically above now, elevated their play against the better and more talented teams of the past. There is no way he puts up those numbers vs. the early Spurs of the 2000's, the Kings, Blazers, Celtics of the past. The Laker teams that won it all. No way.

The playoffs this year were a coast and a joke to be honest. East was a joke and the West was made of teams either too old (Lakers/Spurs/Mavs), too young (Denver/Utah/Clips) or too inexperienced (Memphis/OKC).

Definitely a down year compared to most........but alas, the King has won and it's the greatest thing anyone has ever seen.
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby The Original 81 on Fri Jun 22, 2012 5:45 am

Doc Brown wrote:1st Knicks - Amare hurts himself, Baron hurts himself, Shumpert hurts himself, Lin already injured. On top of that they weren't even a good team to begin with. Also Chandler had the flu for the 1st two games of the series.

2nd round Pacers - Good team, but nowhere near ready to take the next step. They pushed the Heat a little bit, but in the end they weren't that strong of a team.

3rd round Boston - Allen hurt. Bradley out. Pierce hurt. Took them to the wire, but it wasn't enough.

Finals - One of the weakest Finals in awhile. Looked like a rec league game and OKC played about as bad as you could play. There defense was atrocious and they definitely got caught in the moment and showed their age in all the games.

Not to mention, Chicago without Rose, Orlando without D12, ATL and Philly not even close to contending.

Pretty weak run through the East and the Heat struggled to beat the Celtics and were down to the Pacers.

This is what the league will become with the new CBA a bunch of weaker teams all having a chance to win, but in reality it's really watering down the league and bringing down the competitiveness and level of play.

As for Lebron, put up those stats vs. some real teams you know ones that all the greats before you, that you are magically above now, elevated their play against the better and more talented teams of the past. There is no way he puts up those numbers vs. the early Spurs of the 2000's, the Kings, Blazers, Celtics of the past. The Laker teams that won it all. No way.

The playoffs this year were a coast and a joke to be honest. East was a joke and the West was made of teams either too old (Lakers/Spurs/Mavs), too young (Denver/Utah/Clips) or too inexperienced (Memphis/OKC).

Definitely a down year compared to most........but alas, the King has won and it's the greatest thing anyone has ever seen.

Couldn't agree more.

Thank you for that Steve Blake photo response last night by the way. Photo response of the year. :man10:
"Let me say one more thing about Kobe. He will be the best player in the history of the game. If he keeps doing what he's doing, there is no stopping him. He is that good." - Shaquille O'Neal in his autobiography, "Shaq Talks Back"
The Original 81

Postby nameant on Fri Jun 22, 2012 5:54 am

Ring chasing in his prime and went through one of the easiest title runs in recent memory. What am I missing?
nameant

Postby Thenextgreat on Fri Jun 22, 2012 7:17 am

Congratulations to the Miami Heat on their championship in this shortened NBA season. They pulled it out..Lebron is now a champion..good luck to him ...
Thenextgreat

Postby gcclaker on Fri Jun 22, 2012 9:51 am

Who's to compete with Miami? Rose out all of next year... The 2010 East reps might be broken up... Indiana still a work in progress... New York is an enigma with the Stoudemire/Anthony combo. Orlando might be less Howard. Howard with Williams in Jersey plus who else? The Heat could concievably make it a three straight Finals appearance.
No siggie...
gcclaker
CL Global Moderator

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:28 am

WOW... and so it has begun....
I don't always bring down the hammer but when I do it is usually to a troll! Stay TROLL FREE my freinds!
puffyusaf#2
Clublakers Moderator

Postby Lakerjones on Fri Jun 22, 2012 11:24 am

puffyusaf#2 wrote:WOW... and so it has begun....

:bang: Yep. Great post above Doc Brown. And yeah, I agree with Nameant as well. I was dreading this moment when the Finals started and it's here. I guess it could be worse. At least Those Guys didn't win another one. But this is almost as bad.
Lakerjones
CL Global Moderator

Postby Jazzygirl205 on Fri Jun 22, 2012 11:28 am

Yikes!
Jazzygirl205

Postby Lakerjones on Fri Jun 22, 2012 11:28 am

This result is one of the reasons I was rooting for San Antonio against OKC. I thought the Spurs could have held their own against the CHEAT or Those Guys. Once OKC won I had that sinking feeling that the CHEAT were going to win it all.
Lakerjones
CL Global Moderator

Postby JoelMyersScrotalSack on Fri Jun 22, 2012 12:45 pm

you guys sound even more bitter than the fans over on the Cavs forum LOL
JoelMyersScrotalSack

Postby Phil XI on Fri Jun 22, 2012 12:58 pm

Its not even a real chip. It's an *asterisk* title, short season, like Duncan and Robinson's. Doesn't even really count. LeAsterisk.
Get 17!!
Phil XI

Location: Thanks Ron for Gm7! You'll always be a Laker Legend!

Postby Phil XI on Fri Jun 22, 2012 1:00 pm

Top 10? Hell, I'll have to run the numbers, but he'll be lucky to be top 25.
Get 17!!
Phil XI

Location: Thanks Ron for Gm7! You'll always be a Laker Legend!

Postby c.Lin on Fri Jun 22, 2012 2:06 pm

So... much... hate... :man10:

I've hated LeBron as much as anyone over the past couple years, but let's be real here. He was pretty amazing in the Finals. He put up incredible numbers and actually came up big in the clutch. To quote his own words: "It's about damn time".

He's made some poor decisions over the years and shrunk in big moments, but it seems like he's taken that to heart and become a little more grounded. It may be too early to tell, but if that's truly the case, then I can't hate. All I can say is congratulations to him and I hope he continues to grow.
c.Lin

Postby Jazzygirl205 on Fri Jun 22, 2012 2:40 pm

I'm probably the only one who doesn't care about the hate LeBron gets, oh well sue me.
Jazzygirl205

PreviousNext

Return to NBA Discussion