Official Miami Heat "DreamTeam" Thread: Miami Plan A Success

Re: The Miami Plan. Update: Bosh sent to Miami via S&T?

Postby ShaqDieselLaker on Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:45 am

Sources said the Raptors will try to acquire draft picks and young players in return for Bosh.

They would likely ask for forward Michael Beasley and point guard Mario Chalmers in any deal with the Miami Heat.

If Bosh were to go to the Chicago Bulls, the Raptors like forward Taj Gibson and center Joakim Noah, though Noah could prove impossible to pry from Chicago.

If Bosh settles on the New York Knicks, the Raptors would try to engage in a double sign-and-trade that sends Knicks forward David Lee to Toronto. Sources called a potential sign-and-trade with the Los Angeles Lakers "doubtful."

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/06/raptors-preference-for-a-chris-bosh-sign-and-trade-likely-means-more-suitors-than-ever-and-a-better.php

Would the Bulls be willing to move Noah? Moving Michael Beasley seems to be more likely.
Derek Fisher is the heart and soul of this team- Kobe(Black Mamba)
When we win it, it's going to taste much sweeter knowing I played with the injury- Andrew(Lionheart)
Tomorrow is another opportunity to accomplish great things- Pau(Pauwer)
Ron Artest is the Game 7 MVP- Phil(Zen Master)
Q:Pierce says series isn't coming back to LA? A: [Mean Stare]- Derek(President)
If we don't win the championship, it's my fault- Ron(Tru Warier)
ShaqDieselLaker

Location: Sorry Boston, the championship trophy belongs in LA

Postby ShaqDieselLaker on Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:51 am

jjin28 wrote:Why the heck would Toronto do this?
They are willing to stay over the cap and the luxury tax level for Michael Beasely?????????

I would rather have Bosh walk. That is crap talent to remain over the luxury tax level.

Im sure they can find a better deal. Why not New York and get David Lee in return? This deal has me :man3:

Bosh has to agree. He may not want NY.
When we win it, it's going to taste much sweeter knowing I played with the injury- Andrew(Lionheart)
ShaqDieselLaker

Postby jjin28 on Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:52 am

ShaqDieselLaker wrote:
jjin28 wrote:Why the heck would Toronto do this?
They are willing to stay over the cap and the luxury tax level for Michael Beasely?????????

I would rather have Bosh walk. That is crap talent to remain over the luxury tax level.

Im sure they can find a better deal. Why not New York and get David Lee in return? This deal has me :man3:

Bosh has to agree. He may not want NY.

If im toronto, im like whatever then dude. We aint taking crap beasely just so you can make the max. just walk then.
“you don’t even know me and you mad. How it feel to be a hater, now I know exactly how it feels to be a Laker." - JAY Z
jjin28

Postby 2wheelgod on Wed Jun 30, 2010 11:30 am

all these posts from ShaqDeisel is making me nervous.

If this were to transpire, it would change the landscape of the NBA for sure. All the Heat need to do would be to find 2 defensive-oriented guys (like Perkins for the Celts) and they are set for dynasty.

It should be scarry for the Lakers. Last season they had the highest league payroll at $91 mil. If Buss is looking to CUT cost in face of an impending threat, well then good luck to Buss. What would be scary is that even after spending landing Bosh & Lebron, plus Wade, Miami would still have a lower payroll and would reasonably still be able to spend more to improve that team, while the Lakers is looking to dump salaries. Mitch & Buss is going to have to come up with ingenious trades/solutions and hope that Bynum's knees hold in order to compete again this hypothetical Miami team.

oh... anyway we can get Howard for Sasha and Luke????
2wheelgod

Postby Knowledge1776 on Wed Jun 30, 2010 11:33 am

lakerfansd wrote:Toronto really helping out Miami in this trade and for what...Beasley will never be more than a role player and Chalmers and Anthony are replaceable players.

I'd even go as far as saying Beasley and Chalmers are liabilities. I agree, other owners have a responsibility not to let this happen.
Knowledge1776

Postby therealdeal on Wed Jun 30, 2010 11:34 am

^ After signing two max contracts, all they'd have left to sign free agents is the MLE and the bird rights of their previous players. Along with the veteran's minimum of course.

Wade/Bosh/LeBron with a bunch of subpar bench players does not equal a dyansty. Unless they can find 10 veterans willing to sign for the minimum that are solid role players, they will have no team except for Wade's old crew and the three of them.

Not frightening at all when you have a well balanced team like the Lakers.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby ShaqDieselLaker on Wed Jun 30, 2010 12:11 pm

Report: NBA agent says Heat likely to land Bosh
The South Florida Sun-Sentinel reports: A veteran NBA agent representing several players on the free-agent market said he expects the Heat to land power forward Chris Bosh. Because Bosh is seeking a maximum contract, the agent said Toronto may be prepared to swing a sign-and-trade deal with Miami.

http://www.chicagobreakingsports.com/2010/06/report-nba-agent-says-heat-likely-to-land-bosh.html
ShaqDieselLaker

Postby 2wheelgod on Wed Jun 30, 2010 12:41 pm

^ looking to be truer by the seconds!
2wheelgod

Postby ShaqDieselLaker on Wed Jun 30, 2010 1:06 pm

The trade exception that Toronto would receive could be worth up to about $9 million and would allow the Raptors to obtain a player or players making that much without giving up a player in return.

Raptors president and general manager Bryan Colangelo said earlier this week that obtaining as many assets as he could for Bosh would be his primary goal in the free-agency period.

http://www.thestar.com/sports/basketball/nba/raptors/chrisbosh/article/830455--report-says-raptors-shipping-chris-bosh-to-miami-heat
ShaqDieselLaker

Postby The Rock on Wed Jun 30, 2010 1:07 pm

As expected, supposedly imminent Bosh-Beasley swap between Toronto and Miami now being shot down in both cities-for now.

http://twitter.com/wallacesports/status/17435682898

. Top-level source insists Raptors have no interest in Heat's Mike Beasley or Mario Chalmers & seek $16 mil trade except.

http://twitter.com/wallacesports/status/17438093281

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby ShaqDieselLaker on Wed Jun 30, 2010 1:09 pm

The Rock wrote:
As expected, supposedly imminent Bosh-Beasley swap between Toronto and Miami now being shot down in both cities-for now.

http://twitter.com/wallacesports/status/17435682898

. Top-level source insists Raptors have no interest in Heat's Mike Beasley or Mario Chalmers & seek $16 mil trade except.

http://twitter.com/wallacesports/status/17438093281

hmmm....

Toronto probably wants Noah and are waiting to see if the Bulls will relent and whether Bosh would consent.
ShaqDieselLaker

Postby Balance&Options24 on Wed Jun 30, 2010 1:37 pm

Now they want Ray Allene too.......

With a report earlier in the day of how LeBron James and Ray Allen could end up in Cleveland together, it's now being rumored that LeBron has spoken to Allen about playing for less money in Miami.

LeBron is supposedly referring to him, Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh as 'Dream Team,' and supposedly has already asked Ray-Ray to join the three of them in Miami. Again, most of this is coming from unnamed sources, but it is starting to feel like Bron, Wade and Bosh all have a plan in place to play together, and if they can get Allen to join the mix, they are going to be very tough to beat.
Source: Miami Herald
If you want to be a hero, you gotta take hero shots -R. Miller
Balance&Options24

Postby nameant on Wed Jun 30, 2010 1:42 pm

Haha. Just keeps getting more ridiculous. If LBJ is so great why can't he win on a normal team? SMH at people who tried to anoint this guy as the 2nd coming. I don't ever remember MJ getting together with Hakeem and Drexler during the summer discussing where they were going to sign together.
nameant

Postby ShaqDieselLaker on Wed Jun 30, 2010 1:44 pm

^^
PG: Wade
SG: Ray
SF: Lebron
PF: Bosh
C: ?
ShaqDieselLaker

Postby 2wheelgod on Wed Jun 30, 2010 1:59 pm

^
C: Howard!
2wheelgod

Re: The Miami Plan. Bosh S&T to Miami? Lebron wants Ray Allen?

Postby lAKERfaNaticKID on Wed Jun 30, 2010 2:01 pm

C: SHAQ!

( its realistic if he comes for the vet. min )
lAKERfaNaticKID

Postby 2wheelgod on Wed Jun 30, 2010 2:04 pm

nameant wrote:Haha. Just keeps getting more ridiculous. If LBJ is so great why can't he win on a normal team? SMH at people who tried to anoint this guy as the 2nd coming. I don't ever remember MJ getting together with Hakeem and Drexler during the summer discussing where they were going to sign together.

Well if Lebron wins under such a stacked team (and he will win!), then he will be more remembered as the guy who brought together the other guys under Riley's direction. History cannot and will not equate him to MJ, because like you said, MJ's team was MJ to rule, and MJ didn't go around orchestrating behind closed doors go get an all-star cast (at least not like what Miami is trying to do).

However, I don't care about history at the moment. At the moment I'm worried that if this Miami super team got assembled, then the NBA would be doomed. The Lakers might compete with them for 1-2 years, then the Lakers too are doomed, unless Buss is willing to spend more money (which I don't see happening given that the lakers is already at the top of the payroll list)
2wheelgod

Postby LAKEROC on Wed Jun 30, 2010 2:27 pm

If Ray Allen were to come over for the vet minimum(not out of the question IF they land ALL 3 of those guys), and Shaq signs for the veterans minimum, they offically have the best starting 5 on paper, and possibly the best starting 5 in NBA history.
David Stern should want this. Can you imagine the ratings of a Lakers-Heat series, with James-wade and Bosh, and then throw in the Shaq rivalry with Kobe. The fact you have Pat Riley and Phil Jackson on the sidelines, two of the greatest coaches of all time, just adds more excitement to the game. WOW...Heat could seriously look like God, IF Ray and Shaq humble themselves and take a pay cut. Pretty darn scary starting 5 I must say.
LAKEROC

Postby TIME on Wed Jun 30, 2010 2:46 pm

2wheelgod wrote:
nameant wrote:Haha. Just keeps getting more ridiculous. If LBJ is so great why can't he win on a normal team? SMH at people who tried to anoint this guy as the 2nd coming. I don't ever remember MJ getting together with Hakeem and Drexler during the summer discussing where they were going to sign together.

Well if Lebron wins under such a stacked team (and he will win!),... At the moment I'm worried that if this Miami super team got assembled, then the NBA would be doomed. The Lakers might compete with them for 1-2 years, then the Lakers too are doomed,...

Image Image Image
I'm lost in the fog of denial!
TIME
CL Global Moderator

Postby therealdeal on Wed Jun 30, 2010 2:47 pm

^ Yeah? And what happens after that? The starting five plays all 48 minutes? Where's their bench? Not nervous at all. Let them try this, they still matchup well against the Lakers.

And by the way to no one in particular, I called Ray following LeBron. Zing!
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby ShaqDieselLaker on Wed Jun 30, 2010 2:53 pm

2wheelgod wrote:

Well if Lebron wins under such a stacked team (and he will win!),... At the moment I'm worried that if this Miami super team got assembled, then the NBA would be doomed. The Lakers might compete with them for 1-2 years, then the Lakers too are doomed,...

They would need this super team just to compete against the Lakers. They all know that our twin towers, DPOY, 6th man, Kobe, and our clutch vet Fisher will be almost impossible to beat with an average team. The Celtics gave it everything they had and came up short. That was a clear sign, that they stand low to no chance if they try to go it alone.

It would be good for the NBA though. Everyone wants to see a memorable fight.
ShaqDieselLaker

Postby Venti Quattro on Wed Jun 30, 2010 2:57 pm

What all this talk comes down to is this...these players, specifically LeBron James, don't believe they are good enough to win it all without some crazy [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] "dream team."

If you need 3/5 of the Eastern Conference All-Stars starting line-up plus a top 3 shooter in NBA history to win...that's just pathetic.
March 21, 1999:

Los Angeles Lakers 115, Orlando Magic 104 FINAL/Overtime

Kobe Bryant - 38 Points, 4 Assists, 3 Rebounds, 2 Steals, 1 NEW FAN
Venti Quattro

Postby lakers_09tv on Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:04 pm

therealdeal wrote:^ Yeah? And what happens after that? The starting five plays all 48 minutes? Where's their bench? Not nervous at all. Let them try this, they still matchup well against the Lakers.

And by the way to no one in particular, I called Ray following LeBron. Zing!

People were also saying that about Boston 3 years ago. Then look what happened, several ring chasers signed up with them.
Matt Barnes - "I respect all my opponents but I fear no one."

Deron Williams - “I hate ’em, you know,” he said the other day. “I hate the Lakers. They’re so good. I hate them because they win all the time. They’re a tough team. … We definitely talk about it. It’s not a secret. We hate the Lakers.”
lakers_09tv

Postby thkthebest on Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:08 pm

I've said this numerous times but Miami can't use their MLE. Only teams above the cap before the off-season starts can use the MLE.

Ray Allen is probably worth around the MLE or a little more so I don't see how they can get him.
thkthebest

Postby TT24 on Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:09 pm

^ But the Heat would only have 5 players signed (includinging Beasley and Chalmers). Boston had other guys on their roster: Posey, PP, Rondo, Perk, etc.
TT24

PreviousNext

Return to NBA Discussion