Official Miami Heat "DreamTeam" Thread: Miami Plan A Success

Re: The Miami Plan: LBJ, D-Wade, Bosh, & Pat Riley

Postby nameant on Wed Jun 30, 2010 8:10 am

Somewhat believable, but doesn't that mean Miami would have 2 players under contract? :man10: That's so crazy.
nameant

Postby ShaqDieselLaker on Wed Jun 30, 2010 8:13 am

AvenLarue wrote:According to Dan LeBatard, a S&T deal between Heat and Raptors has been agreed upon.

I hear bosh-miami is done ..bosh-wade shared agent avoids tampering...its why beasley, chalmers, anthony still here...raptors get them

via his Twitter http://twitter.com/LeBatardShow/status/17417534999

Wow........

LeBatard is a Miami sportsjournalist right? Sounds like he might have the inside scoop. Miami is definitely pumped about the possibility.
Last edited by ShaqDieselLaker on Wed Jun 30, 2010 8:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Derek Fisher is the heart and soul of this team- Kobe(Black Mamba)
When we win it, it's going to taste much sweeter knowing I played with the injury- Andrew(Lionheart)
Tomorrow is another opportunity to accomplish great things- Pau(Pauwer)
Ron Artest is the Game 7 MVP- Phil(Zen Master)
Q:Pierce says series isn't coming back to LA? A: [Mean Stare]- Derek(President)
If we don't win the championship, it's my fault- Ron(Tru Warier)
ShaqDieselLaker

Location: Sorry Boston, the championship trophy belongs in LA

Postby AvenLarue on Wed Jun 30, 2010 8:14 am

Raptors suck after this trade and that's an understatement.
AvenLarue

Postby ShaqDieselLaker on Wed Jun 30, 2010 8:18 am

AvenLarue wrote:Raptors suck after this trade and that's an understatement.

No one wants to go to Canada, so this would be their best bet. At least they get something back.
When we win it, it's going to taste much sweeter knowing I played with the injury- Andrew(Lionheart)
ShaqDieselLaker

Postby ShaqDieselLaker on Wed Jun 30, 2010 8:23 am

AvenLarue wrote:According to Dan LeBatard, a S&T deal between Heat and Raptors has been agreed upon.

I hear bosh-miami is done ..bosh-wade shared agent avoids tampering...its why beasley, chalmers, anthony still here...raptors get them

via his Twitter http://twitter.com/LeBatardShow/status/17417534999

Report: Bosh sent to Miami via sign-and-trade

Miami-based sports writer Dan LeBatard is reporting that Chris Bosh may be sent to the Heat in a sign-and-trade for Michael Beasley, Mario Chalmers, and Joel Anthony.

So far this is an unconfirmed report, and in any case it cannot become official until the stroke of midnight.

http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/38017785/ns/sports-player_news/
ShaqDieselLaker

Re: The Miami Plan. Report: Bosh sent to Miami via S&T

Postby nameant on Wed Jun 30, 2010 8:30 am

You should put a question mark or something in the title. It sounds like a done deal according to the title.
nameant

Postby LAKEROC on Wed Jun 30, 2010 8:30 am

If that trade does go down, and Bosh is traded to Miami, they definitely have the most cap room of any team, they would have 2 superstars in place to entice LeBron, and the fact that Florida has no state income tax(a pretty big advantage). Miami is also in a very tropical city, and would have an established coach in Pat Riley. How the hell do you say no to all of that?

Wonder if Toronto would be willing to add DeMar DeRozan to the deal(he's on a cheap rookie contract) as well?
LAKEROC

Postby nameant on Wed Jun 30, 2010 8:32 am

LAKEROC wrote:they would have 2 superstars in place to entice LeBron, and the fact that Florida has no state income tax(a pretty big advantage). Miami is also in a very tropical city, and would have an established coach in Pat Riley. How the hell do you say no to all of that?

B/c your numbers would go down and you would have to share the spotlight with 2 other guys.
nameant

Postby AvenLarue on Wed Jun 30, 2010 8:33 am

I could see Pierce going to Miami if Bosh is dealt there.
AvenLarue

Postby ShaqDieselLaker on Wed Jun 30, 2010 8:38 am

nameant wrote:You should put a question mark or something in the title. It sounds like a done deal according to the title.

I just changed it to "to be".
ShaqDieselLaker

Postby MadMax on Wed Jun 30, 2010 8:41 am

ShaqDieselLaker wrote:
nameant wrote:You should put a question mark or something in the title. It sounds like a done deal according to the title.

I just changed it to "to be".

"allegedly to be sent."
MadMax

Re: The Miami Plan. Report: Bosh to be sent to Miami via S&T

Postby AvenLarue on Wed Jun 30, 2010 8:41 am

A question mark would suffice.
AvenLarue

Re: The Miami Plan. Update: Bosh sent to Miami via S&T?

Postby 2wheelgod on Wed Jun 30, 2010 9:09 am

Wow I hope Bosh doesn't go to Miami. Because if he does via sign and trade, there's a 100% chance Lebron would sign with Miami. And this would be just the first phase.

Next, you would have all the ring-seekers (and I ain't talking about garbage over the hill seekers either) flocking to and signing up with Miami for the next 5-7 years so they could have a chance at a ring and playing with James-Wade-Bosh. I could see guys like Garnett 2 years from now easily coming off the bench for Miami.

If Riley pulls this off, then he has to be considered one of the most talented executive in the history of the NBA. I mean Riley got Shaq and that Miami the title. And if this happens, Miami is looking at dynasty here folks. How many NBA execs could rebuild a team this fast in such spectacular fashion??

If this happens, i think Lakers' championship window just got reduced to 1-2 years max. I don't see how a team of Lebron-Wade-Bosh can fail to win a title by their 2rd year together! (Sorry folks but I wouldn't say this if Bynum was 100% healthy, but Bynum is too creaky for me not to say this).

And Toronto would be dumb as f* if they did this trade. I mean it's one thing to trade for players to help your own team. But if the effort to try to win results helping an opponent build a dynasty, then well then the effort is misguided from the get-go, and it's like you're committing self mutilation. Is Toronto so desperate that they could not see their misguided effort???
2wheelgod

Postby noobiew on Wed Jun 30, 2010 9:18 am

Bosh stated before he doesn't want to be a 3rd option on his team, so i think he won't allowed another superstar to join him and Wade rite ? :man12:
Michael Jordan : "My Chicago team are the all-time greatest"
Magic Johnson : "Put me with Kareem, James Worthy, Cooper and Byron Scott, and we'd dominate your Bulls team"
noobiew

Postby 2wheelgod on Wed Jun 30, 2010 9:21 am

^ Bosh is all about the money. If they give him the max, then he'll go. It's all about money for these guys. Don't believe in anything else. They do this to make money.
2wheelgod

Postby ShaqDieselLaker on Wed Jun 30, 2010 9:23 am

The interesting aspect is Joel Anthony who is actually part of the Canadian National team. I wonder how much that means to Canadian fans?
ShaqDieselLaker

Postby ShaqDieselLaker on Wed Jun 30, 2010 9:27 am

UPDATE: Alex Kennedy of Hoopsworld reports that Anthony has not yet signed a deal to return to the Heat, and therefore, the deal as reported cannot be final at this time. Of course, that doesn't mean Miami and Toronto aren't talking.

http://basketball.about.com/b/2010/06/30/bosh-to-miami.htm

But then:
Heat extend qualifying offer to Joel Anthony

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/06/heat-extend-qualifying-offer-to-joel-anthony.php
ShaqDieselLaker

Postby ShaqDieselLaker on Wed Jun 30, 2010 9:34 am

Raptors GM Bryan Colangelo is saying that he doesn't want to lose Bosh for nothing and is happy to set up a sign-and-trade scenario so his team can get some compensation. If Bosh decides to go to join Wade with the Heat, the Raptors will likely ask for young forward Michael Beasley(notes) and point guard Mario Chalmers

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/rumors/post/Bosh-and-Wade-meeting-teams-together-?urn=nba,252475
ShaqDieselLaker

Postby 2wheelgod on Wed Jun 30, 2010 9:39 am

I'm serious, at some point, the rest of the other NBA owners around the league must get together and decide that for their own team's sake, they must collectively try to throw a monkey wrench into Riley's masterplan. I cannot believe the other GM's and owners are standing pat like a bunch of sheeps waiting to be slaughtered.
2wheelgod

Postby TIME on Wed Jun 30, 2010 9:40 am

This is the same Beasley that the Heat could not give away for a guard the Nets later waived? :man10:
I'm lost in the fog of denial!
TIME
CL Global Moderator

Postby kobeownslebron on Wed Jun 30, 2010 9:46 am

2wheelgod wrote:Wow I hope Bosh doesn't go to Miami. Because if he does via sign and trade, there's a 100% chance Lebron would sign with Miami. And this would be just the first phase.

Next, you would have all the ring-seekers (and I ain't talking about garbage over the hill seekers either) flocking to and signing up with Miami for the next 5-7 years so they could have a chance at a ring and playing with James-Wade-Bosh. I could see guys like Garnett 2 years from now easily coming off the bench for Miami.

If Riley pulls this off, then he has to be considered one of the most talented executive in the history of the NBA. I mean Riley got Shaq and that Miami the title. And if this happens, Miami is looking at dynasty here folks. How many NBA execs could rebuild a team this fast in such spectacular fashion??

If this happens, i think Lakers' championship window just got reduced to 1-2 years max. I don't see how a team of Lebron-Wade-Bosh can fail to win a title by their 2rd year together! (Sorry folks but I wouldn't say this if Bynum was 100% healthy, but Bynum is too creaky for me not to say this).
LMAO
And Toronto would be dumb as f* if they did this trade. I mean it's one thing to trade for players to help your own team. But if the effort to try to win results helping an opponent build a dynasty, then well then the effort is misguided from the get-go, and it's like you're committing self mutilation. Is Toronto so desperate that they could not see their misguided effort???
kobeownslebron

Postby lakerfansd on Wed Jun 30, 2010 9:46 am

Toronto really helping out Miami in this trade and for what...Beasley will never be more than a role player and Chalmers and Anthony are replaceable players.
lakerfansd

Postby ShaqDieselLaker on Wed Jun 30, 2010 9:55 am

^Colangelo wants something in return and doesn't want to lose Bosh for nothing. In order to get something in return, he has to find a team that Bosh agrees with. For Toronto, it is about not coming out empty handed. Beasley, at the least, has a chance at being an excellent 6th man and they get Canadian National team member Joel Anthony as well. Miami happens to be one of the preferred destinations, Wade is a good friend of Bosh and both Bosh and Wade share the same agent. In terms of money, it will make more sense for Bosh to take this rather than go it alone.
ShaqDieselLaker

Postby LAKEROC on Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:17 am

What about Micheal Beasley for Hasheem Thabeet ? Thabeet is a terrible offensive player, but is an absolute beast at the defensive end. Plus, he's a great character guy on and off the court(unlike Beasley). Would Memphis consider dealing for Beasley, with Zach Randolph in the final year of his contract?
LAKEROC

Postby jjin28 on Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:44 am

Why the heck would Toronto do this?
They are willing to stay over the cap and the luxury tax level for Michael Beasely?????????

I would rather have Bosh walk. That is crap talent to remain over the luxury tax level.

Im sure they can find a better deal. Why not New York and get David Lee in return? This deal has me :man3:
“you don’t even know me and you mad. How it feel to be a hater, now I know exactly how it feels to be a Laker." - JAY Z
jjin28

PreviousNext

Return to NBA Discussion