Omer Asik's Contract. WTF

Re: Omer Asik's Contract. WTF

Postby purp n gold on Wed Jul 25, 2012 7:39 pm

Frank Dux wrote:You want a 7 footer? then you have to pay for it. Yeah, ridiculously overpaid, but i'm positive most of you have never even watched him play based on your assumptions, He was basically the most valuable backup center in the NBA, a big reason why the Bulls had a great bench, and we're a great defensive squad.

Not anymore overpaid than guys like Javale McGee, Deandre Jordan, etc, etc.

I sort of see your point, but there's reason why he's a backup Center. I understand that Morey is/was trying to pull the dinner cloth from the table and snag Dwight, and a Howard-Asik rotation would be very nice. But to commit that money & have Asik as a starter for "plan B", I just don't think it's a good move.
There are two teams that play in the Staples Center:
the LA Lakers and NBA Clippers.
purp n gold

Postby ben_ready on Fri Aug 03, 2012 7:01 pm

BruinLaker87 wrote:Houston just gave Omer Asik (averaged 4 pts, 5 rebs last year) a 3-year $25M offer. In 2014-2015 they'll owe Jeremy Lin and Asik a combined $30M. What was the point of the lockout?

I just don't understand this. Is this part of Houston's backfiring plan to make other teams overpay?

Amen to this my equal yell™
great "scott"! you're too "green", and not "worthy" enough to taste the "magic" "kareem"(cream)/You flew the "coop" "west" so don't fuss just drive the "buss"(bus),while i eat my "chick" n' "stu"(chicken stew) in the aisle,"back 2 back" with "riles" my favorite laker squad
ben_ready

Postby Doc Brown on Fri Aug 03, 2012 9:37 pm

ben_ready wrote:
BruinLaker87 wrote:Houston just gave Omer Asik (averaged 4 pts, 5 rebs last year) a 3-year $25M offer. In 2014-2015 they'll owe Jeremy Lin and Asik a combined $30M. What was the point of the lockout?

I just don't understand this. Is this part of Houston's backfiring plan to make other teams overpay?

Amen to this my equal yell™

The point of the lockout was to trick people into thinking that Jeremy Lin and Omer Asik are going to cost the Rockets 30 million in 2014-2015.........

It's more like 16.7 million for bofe of em'. Scream/Shout/LoudVoice/OutdoorVoice/Loud^Trademark
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Previous

Return to NBA Discussion